PDA

View Full Version : AFC North

Ohio Steeler
10-01-2006, 07:19 PM
what is going on the ratbirds are in 1st place with the Bungals sitting there in 2nd place..

who would have thought we would be in 3rd place at 1-2 after 4 games.....

bozz723
10-01-2006, 07:24 PM
So what..We will win the division, the bengals and ravens are both overrated and not comparable to us. Ravnes will lose both to us, and the bengals will lose their remainer to us. BFD, the ravens are in first after 4 games.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-01-2006, 07:28 PM
AFC North is the toughest division in the NFL.

CantStop85
10-01-2006, 07:29 PM
One thing's for certain, there's going to be at least one very good team from the AFC North on the outside looking in come playoff time.

BlackNGold203
10-01-2006, 07:32 PM
One thing's for certain, there's going to be at least one very good team from the AFC North on the outside looking in come playoff time.

Why do you say that??

Both wild cards could easily come from the north......

CantStop85
10-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Why do you say that??

Both wild cards could easily come from the north......
Although possible, I really don't see it. You have to believe that Jax or Indy will get one of those. Besides, having to beat up on each other twice each isn't going to help.

steelcurtain09
10-01-2006, 07:42 PM
AFC North is the toughest division in the NFL.

:iagree: Both wildcards will come from the North
the only other teams wit a chance at the wildcard r jaguars (who lost today) and San Diego (another loss).

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 07:42 PM
what is going on the ratbirds are in 1st place with the Bungals sitting there in 2nd place..

who would have thought we would be in 3rd place at 1-2 after 4 games.....

It's simple,...... the Ratbirds play D and now have at least a decent QB. Now add the fact that they have played three weak azz teams and squeaked by one solid squad at HOME. Of course none of which should matter,.....but right now we are mentally upside down and not playing the way CHAMPIONS should. But it's nothin,.....as long as our real season begin's this week in San Diego.

"Hail Caesar,....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

BlackNGold203
10-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Although possible, I really don't see it. You have to believe that Jax or Indy will get one of those. Besides, having to beat up on each other twice each isn't going to help.

i dunno..Jax is losing steam fast,,,the Deadskins just laid a 36 spot on them.....

and the AFC West runner up could end up with 6-7 losses

tony hipchest
10-01-2006, 07:59 PM
i dunno..Jax is losing steam fast,,,the Deadskins just laid a 36 spot on them.....

and the AFC West runner up could end up with 6-7 lossesunfortunately that dont matter much when they laid a 9 spot on the steelers. in a sense them and the ravens both have a 3 game lead on the steelers already. if sd win and the jax, ravens win next week, it is a very tough hill to climb.

week 4 is way too early to have a "must win" game. i wish the steelers wouldve approached the last 2 as "must win" games. especially since EVERY game is a must win. no team should know this better than the steelers.

Elvis
10-01-2006, 08:08 PM
AFC North in my opinion is definitely the toughest in the NFL.... The Ravens are playin' good defense and running the ball decently and of course McNair is helpin' out alot also.. Cleveland is improving every week and of course the defenseless Bungals are usually potent on offense... its just time for the Black N GOld to get things rollin'''

SteelCzar76
10-01-2006, 08:21 PM
unfortunately that dont matter much when they laid a 9 spot on the steelers. in a sense them and the ravens both have a 3 game lead on the steelers already. if sd win and the jax, ravens win next week, it is a very tough hill to climb.

week 4 is way too early to have a "must win" game. i wish the steelers wouldve approached the last 2 as "must win" games. especially since EVERY game is a must win. no team should know this better than the steelers.

I'm with you Tone,.....the margin for error basically doesn't exist for us anymore. We have to win out,... it's just that simple. We dug our own hole,...now we throw everyone that stands against us inside. We can't concern ourselves with someone else stumbling. No excuse's,.. no lapses in concentration on ANYONE'S part,.. players and Coaches alike.
I'm not with the whole "Lovefest" thing with any team that's not us,.....respect is given when earned,....but we should not lose this Division.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

stlrtruck
10-01-2006, 09:26 PM
What is this talk about "must-win" games already. Yeah, we've had two bad games. If we start looking at the entire remaining schedule instead of one game at a time, it's not going to matter in the end. Let's take this one game at a time, cheer our boys on to victory game by game. The BIG picture will take care of it self.
Doing it any other way will prove to be disasterious!

Lyn
10-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Fassel makes some really weird calls in some really big spots (today was an excellent example).

My overall impression of the ratbirds is that they will go exactly as far as McNair's body can take them. I don't think he'll make it out of this month intact - their O-Line is starting to get beat up. I think they'll go 10-6, and backslide into the playoffs with McNair injured. I am not concerned about any of them. The Steelers will prevail, the cream always raises to the top.

Hines0wnz
10-01-2006, 10:36 PM
I agree about McNair, as long as he stays healthy then the Ravens have a chance in all of their games. The Browns just got their first win and Cincy lost (as expected). All this makes for a tough division indeed.

19ward86
10-02-2006, 07:40 AM
the ratbirds are overrated right now, the bengals got lucky last week and they got what was coming to them yesterday, the browns beat the raiders(woopidy doo!), just wait we will get our revenge

Atlanta Dan
10-02-2006, 07:44 AM
The Ravens schedule from here on out is as follows:

at Denver
Carolina
BYE WEEK
at New Orleans
Cincinnati
at Tennessee
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
at Cincinnati
at Kansas City
Cleveland
at Pittsburgh
Buffalo

The only slam dunk wins I see on that schedule are the Titans and Browns games. Hopefully Denver ends the Ravens winning streak next Monday night.

Of course if the Steelers do not start winning then waiting for the Ravens to start losing will be pointless. Next Sunday night is a very big game; the '76 Steelers made the playoffs after a 1-4 start, but I assume the number of teams that made the playoffs after a1-3 start is in single digits.

HometownGal
10-02-2006, 07:46 AM
The AFC North is most definitely the toughest division in the NFL. The Steelers weren't blown out of either of their losses as the Bengals were yesterday, so I'm keepin' the faith that they are going to practice hard this week, turn it around next Sunday night and open a can of whoop ass on the Chargers. I hope Cowher is using his very successful approach from last season.....one game at a time.

wadester47
10-02-2006, 08:07 AM
CHeck my meter,
Steelers will prevail.....

A. Steve MC'crap is one solid hit away from the end of his career
B. The Bungles will probably all be arrested before the close of the season
C. Even though it is a slow start- Steelers wil prevail.

70c10
10-02-2006, 08:49 AM
The Ravens have zero offense but a great defense.

Hines0wnz
10-02-2006, 09:56 AM
The Ravens have zero offense but a great defense.

I disagree, they have had talent on O but have only been Jamal Lewis left or Jamal Lewis right because Coward Bowler couldnt pass a football to save his life. McNair may be crusty and fragile but he gives that offense the life it has needed the last 3 or 4 years. Dont underestimate it.

Steel12
10-03-2006, 01:51 PM
What is it going to take for people to realize that the Ravens are a threat...geez, some of you can't be this naive.

CantStop85
10-03-2006, 06:27 PM
What is it going to take for people to realize that the Ravens are a threat...geez, some of you can't be this naive.
As of this moment the Ravens appear to be the most complete team in the division.

SteelCzar76
10-03-2006, 06:58 PM
As of this moment the Ravens appear to be the most complete team in the division.

No,.....they're the playing with more hunger than we are. (:helmet: )

"Hail Caesar,.........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Dynasty
10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Even if they are a complete team, when Boller is back due to another random McNair injury by week 10, the season will go downhill.........

Elvis
10-03-2006, 09:30 PM
The Ravens have looked pretty good, but the Ravens are just gettin started on their real part of their schedule... I am Not downing the Ravens cause they always play hard on defense and if their offense keeps playin well they are gonna be to deal with for everyone in the NFL...

BigJen
10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
I disagree, they have had talent on O but have only been Jamal Lewis left or Jamal Lewis right because Coward Bowler couldnt pass a football to save his life. McNair may be crusty and fragile but he gives that offense the life it has needed the last 3 or 4 years. Dont underestimate it.

Their offense is worse than Pop Warner football.

ARKIESTEEL
10-05-2006, 05:36 AM
The ratbirds have not played anyone worth much other than the bolts. And the bolts beat themselves. # 9 has about 2 or 3 games left before shadey rest old folks home figures out he is gone and they will come and get him.