PDA

View Full Version : Get charged up!

STEELCRTN4EVER
10-02-2006, 12:30 PM
I think this is a very important week for our team. San Diego is coming off a loss and we are playing at their house. We have had our bye week and now it is time to win football games. Our schedule isn't slouchy and I think we need this one, do you guys think we will see a much improved offense Sunday night?

19ward86
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
this game should be eazy peezy lemon squeezy. HOME FIELD? that has nothing to do with football, it does nothing unless you have an enclosed stadium, which will provide you with 2-3 false starts...woopie! if we stop LT and if we dont turn the ball over 5 times(ben,colclough,haynes,ben,ben), and our running game will be important against the chargers.

4n2t0
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
this game should be eazy peezy lemon squeezy. HOME FIELD? that has nothing to do with football, it does nothing unless you have an enclosed stadium, which will provide you with 2-3 false starts...woopie! if we stop LT and if we dont turn the ball over 5 times(ben,colclough,haynes,ben,ben), and our running game will be important against the chargers.

You think false starts are the most important part of a home field? There are many reasons for what some call "home field advantage".

The rest of the stuff I agree with. Stop LT, run the ball (Or try too, the Chargers are great run defense), keep the turnovers to a minimum, and most importantly (In my mind) have Ben make two or three BIG passing plays.

Stillers#1
10-02-2006, 03:17 PM
I think home field is more psychological than anything. But you are both right, turnovers need to be limited, San Diego is comng off a tough game against the ravens. They will want to prove something against our D.

Elvis
10-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Ben must get his mojo going again or we are in for a long year... I believe that he will and I think we can go to San Diego and win again this year... we beat them last year and this years game will be just as tough I promise you that... if you think that this is gonna be a easy game then keep it to yourself cuz I dont want to hear about anymore easy games this season...

wadester47
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
I am with the lemon squeezy guy,
SD is going to feal the ramifications of our pent up frustration. Oh lamens term" boot in their arse.

go steelers!!1

HometownGal
10-03-2006, 08:24 AM
If we can keep LT in check on the ground, which the Steelers pretty much did in our last meeting with the Chargers, that is our first hurdle. Though he had 130 all purpose yards against us in that contest, 62 of those were on the ground and keeping LT under 100 yards and out of the endzone multiple times is a feat all in itself. The D needs to get to Rivers early and often and indoctrinate him properly into the NFL. On the other side of the ball, if we can open up our running attack with Willie/Verron/Duce, it will take some of the heat off of Ben. We need to establish the LOS early and mix it up. I am hoping that the Steelers utilize Heath Miller in this game more than they have in the past two games, as he has a great on-field rapport with Ben - he could be a difference maker in this game. No need to push the panic button just yet, but this game is pretty much a must-win for the Steelers. They need a win to push them back over that confidence barrier and with the Bungles on a bye and the Ravens facing a tough Broncs team in Denver on MNF, we can make up some crucial ground with a victory.

I'm hoping we see a Martyball type of game out of the Chargers (sorry Bolt) and that Cowher isn't infected across the field!

GO STEELERS!!!! :tt02: :tt02:

Livinginthe past
10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
With two excellent Run D's it could well be a battle of which QB can consistely hit his receivers to get some of the guys off the LOS.

Ordinarily you would back Ben hands down, but he hasn't looked very good so far this year and Rivers is growing game by game.

The coaching battle is won by Cowher by default.

I think Pittsburgh can pull this one out, but only if Ben can perform.

Fast Willie will not run on this San Diego D.

NM

SteelersFever
10-03-2006, 11:08 AM
The Steelers should be coming into this game knowing that the Chargers can only beat them by running LT physically and effectively.

We all know the Chargers will use LT often and early to establish their running game.

The Steelers need to crowd the line of scrimmage and force the Chargers into passing situations, then put the pressure on young and still novice QB Philip Rivers while maintaining coverage to force early and misguided throws, which will eventually lead to a few turnovers for the Steelers defense if the ball is played correctly and passes aren't dropped.

The Chargers will attempt to complete a few deep passes to let the Steelers know they have the ability and to get them to back off slightly, and then fire right back with some more of LT or a screen pass. If the Steelers aren't prepared for the screen pass, they are usually taken advantage of, for huge gains.

The Steelers need to contain LT, pressure Rivers, and most importantly cannot miss tackles by the surprises that the Chargers will try or it will be another depressing loss for the Steelers unless Ben Roethlisberger and company can continue to match points.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-03-2006, 01:39 PM
This is a must-win IMHO.

San Diego is at home,coming off a loss in a very tough,physical game.We are a tough,physical team.

We need to stop LT and make Rivers beat us,and I don't think he'll be able to.

We need to run or try to run (both set up play-action) and we need Ben to be sharp and smart out there.

Also,Holmes needs to return the punts.

steeler-dude
10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
I'd rather see Willie Reed returning the punts.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2006, 03:36 PM
If we lose this game and the Bengals and ravens win their next games..........well then we might as well play for draft picks next year.........

HometownGal
10-03-2006, 04:52 PM
If we lose this game and the Bengals and ravens win their next games..........well then we might as well play for draft picks next year.........

BBFW - I'm shocked at your post. :mallet: Four games into the season after the Chargers game and you're ready to throw in your Terrible Towel if we come out of SD with a 1-3 record? :jawdrop: Where's your black and gold optimism?

If, God forbid, the Steelers lose in SD (which I don't believe they will at this point) the Bengals and the Rats still have to play each other twice which bodes in our favor, as one of those teams will come out on the losing end. I didn't give up on this team last season and I sure as hell am not going to give up on 'em this season either. :tt02: There's a helluva lot of football yet to be played after the Chargers game.

saladfork
10-04-2006, 12:16 PM

You think so? I don't think this game will be easy peezy lemon squeezy for the Steelers (but I am a Charger Fan.)

HomeField doesn't count for anything. Think again. The 12th man will be in effect Sunday night.

Both teams have a lot to prove. However, our defense is going to come in with a big chip on their shoulders. Our defense is vastly improved over last year and you will have difficulty with our front seven (Remember the name Shaun Phillips...now that teams are game planning for Merriman, he is running wild and is our best PURE pass rusher. He will eat up your RT.)

Our offense should be vastly better, but Martyball is in full swing right now. If he has the balls to open up this offense, you will be surprised at how well Rivers can throw the ball.

It will be a dog fight no doubt.

I give us the win though.
Easy peezy lemon squeezy win for the Bolts. :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-04-2006, 12:53 PM
this game should be eazy peezy lemon squeezy.

Okay....that's funny!!!!

ROETTI
10-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Every single NFL Expert has the Steelers losing again this week. We all know what this team can do against what the experts say. It wasn't until the Super Bowl game itself di dthe "So called Experts" starts picking the Steelers to win.

I think we will go into SD house and hold LT to under 100 yards. They no longer have Drew Brees at the helm and Rivers is unproven.

My prediction is Steelers 38 San Diego 17

This is the start of our season. A must win!!!

saladfork
10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Every single NFL Expert has the Steelers losing again this week. We all know what this team can do against what the experts say. It wasn't until the Super Bowl game itself di dthe "So called Experts" starts picking the Steelers to win.

I think we will go into SD house and hold LT to under 100 yards. They no longer have Drew Brees at the helm and Rivers is unproven.

38 Points against the #1 defense in the league? :sofunny: :toofunny: :rofl:

ROETTI
10-04-2006, 02:25 PM
38 Points against the #1 defense in the league? :sofunny: :toofunny: :rofl:

Top defence in the league! LOL! After 3 games and look at who they played. Oakland - weak, Tennesee - weak and Ravens - overated.

We are only at week 5. Get ready for a Steelers thrashing

saladfork
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
We are only at week 5. Get ready for a Steelers thrashing

Ok, sure, you keep telling yourself that.

Parker will not be able to run at all and Ben, well, welcome to reality.

:bouncy:

steelfan 92
10-04-2006, 03:43 PM
i can't wait for this game. the steelers having a bye week sucks. i think we are going to come put and do what we do best. run the rock, big ben with play action to ward, wilson, ands miller and on D we are going to puch the bolts in the mouth and make philip rivers beat us, because i do not thingk he can. receiveing wise i'm afraid of lt and gates that's it. if we can't cover mcardell and parker it's time to fire all the db's. i won't make a score prediction, but we will win. it may be ugly, but a win is a win.

4n2t0
10-04-2006, 04:33 PM

You're on crack! 38 to 17? And where does all this offense come from? Likely not on the ground against what is a top NFL run defense in the Chargers. So you must think Ben will help achieve that kinda number? On the road? WoW...

STAY AWAY FROM THE DRUGS, IN YOUR CASE EVEN MARIJUANA.

ARKIESTEEL
10-05-2006, 05:32 AM
I think the bolts will fall to our play action pass game that Ben does pretty well. I am not too much into the play action short pass or screens but the play action with a deep seem route seems to do well. Also I think open the game with a reverse or a double hand off would pay big with a defense like SD. But we need to pass early to set up the run.

Corn beef and cabbage over at my place sunday all are welcome.

saladfork
10-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Go ahead and play-action.
You better hope that Ben gets rid of the ball in under 4 seconds, because our OLB and DL will not give him a lot of time. Your OL will not be able to contain either of our OLB (Merriman and Phillips) and our NT is one of the best, if not the best in the league. Castillo, our LDE is going to be a great one and Olshansky is a rock.

Go ahead, have Ben play action. You better hope he gets rid of it in time before he gets his head knocked off because our defense will bring it every down. Guaranteed. :jammin:

ARKIESTEEL
10-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Go ahead and play-action.
You better hope that Ben gets rid of the ball in under 4 seconds, because our OLB and DL will not give him a lot of time. Your OL will not be able to contain either of our OLB (Merriman and Phillips) and our NT is one of the best, if not the best in the league. Castillo, our LDE is going to be a great one and Olshansky is a rock.

Go ahead, have Ben play action. You better hope he gets rid of it in time before he gets his head knocked off because our defense will bring it every down. Guaranteed. :jammin:

First your NT will be watching the the best NT in the NFL #98 Casey Hampton.

Now you bring on all that pass rush and see if it dont get eat up. As long as them OLB key on Ben the more yards you give up to Willie so do what you got to do. When we shut down LT what do you have left????

Marty ball hmmm :toofunny:

saladfork
10-05-2006, 02:13 PM
First your NT will be watching the the best NT in the NFL #98 Casey Hampton.

Now you bring on all that pass rush and see if it dont get eat up. As long as them OLB key on Ben the more yards you give up to Willie so do what you got to do. When we shut down LT what do you have left????

Marty ball hmmm :toofunny:

LOL! Jamal = #1 DT in the league. :bouncy:

Parker will not run on us. Our front seven will bottle him up nicely.
Our secondary is vastly improved and you will see a difference.

If you think you are going to get a easy win or walk over is, you are sorely wrong.
Our rush defense is #2 right now. Our pass defense is #1. YOu will have a tough time moving the ball.

Ya, Martyball could give you the win, that is true. Trust me, fans in San Diego have had it with Marty Shottenheimer. He cost us the game last Sunday without question.

ARKIESTEEL
10-05-2006, 02:23 PM
LOL! Jamal = #1 DT in the league. :bouncy:

Parker will not run on us. Our front seven will bottle him up nicely.
Our secondary is vastly improved and you will see a difference.

If you think you are going to get a easy win or walk over is, you are sorely wrong.
Our rush defense is #2 right now. Our pass defense is #1. YOu will have a tough time moving the ball.

Ya, Martyball could give you the win, that is true. Trust me, fans in San Diego have had it with Marty Shottenheimer. He cost us the game last Sunday without question.

You didnt say DT you said NT

saladfork
10-05-2006, 02:59 PM
You didnt say DT you said NT

My mistake, I meant NT. :dang:

ARKIESTEEL
10-05-2006, 03:09 PM
My mistake, I meant NT. :dang:

Most all think big Casey to be the best so I guess you have your idea and the rest of us have our's.:tt02: