PDA

View Full Version : Another School Murder Spree - Lancaster, PA

HometownGal
10-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Yet another school shooting today at an Amish school in Lancaster, PA. I shudder at the thought of my grandson growing up in this crazy, mixed up society. God Bless the victims of this senseless act. :shake02:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061002/ap_on_re_us/amish_school_shooting

NICKEL MINES, Pa. - Six people were shot to death at a one-room Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania's bucolic Lancaster County Monday, and at least three young girls were hospitalized in critical condition, authorities said.

It was the nation's third deadly school shooting in less than a week, and one of the deadliest in U.S. history.

"So far, six confirmed dead, and the helicopters are pulling into (Lancaster General Hospital) like crazy," Coroner G. Gary Kirchner said.

It wasn't immediately clear if the shooter was among the six. State Police Cpl. Ralph Striebig said earlier that the shooter was dead, but he released no details about that person or a possible motive.

Three girls, ages 6-12, were admitted to Lancaster General Hospital in critical condition with gunshot wounds, spokesman John Lines said. Officials at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center confirmed that victims also were being admitted there.

Police late Monday morning surrounded the one-room schoolhouse, a tiny building surrounded by a white fence and farm fields in southeastern Lancaster County. The Lancaster County 911 Web site reported that dozens of emergency units were dispatched to a "medical emergency" at 10:45 a.m.

Hours after the attack, about three dozen people in traditional Amish clothing, broad-brimmed hats and bonnets stood nearby speaking to one another and authorities. Others gathered with a group of children at a nearby farm while investigators stretched out in a line across a field searching for evidence.

The school is just outside Nickel Mines, a tiny village about 55 miles west of Philadelphia.

On Friday, a school principal was gunned down in Cazenovia, Wis. A 15-year-old student, described as upset over a reprimand, was charged with murder in the killing. Just two days earlier, an adult gunman held six girls hostage in a school at Bailey, Colo., before killing a 16-year-old girl and then himself.

Nationwide, the 1999 Columbine High School massacre in Littleton, Colo., remains the deadliest school shooting, claiming the lives of 15 people, including the two teenage gunmen. Last year, a 16-year-old shot seven people to death at a school on Minnesota's Red Lake Indian Reservation, then killed himself.

sumo
10-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Yeah - we are living in a sick world!! -- makes you wonder if these creeps are getting ideas from watching each other in the media and trying to copycat/better each other's crimes -- what a tragedy!! -

Stillers#1
10-02-2006, 03:21 PM
This is a damn shame, and it seems almost motive-less. It seems to me that the quick, mass-murder is almost taking the place of the serial killer.

wadester47
10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
I pray for all of us each day!

PisnNapalm
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I used to live near that area. :o( I cried as I watched it unfold.

I don't understand why someone would want to harm those little girls.

ch33ky_chikk
10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
I used to live near that area. :o( I cried as I watched it unfold.

I don't understand why someone would want to harm those little girls.

I heard on the news that the "milkman" was motivated to complete these acts of violence and his murdeous spree against the little Amish girls because of something that had happened to him 20 years ago.

Twenty years is a long time to carry a grudge.

I have not heard what the incident 20 years earlier was.

This guy was one sick bastage.

May he burn to a crisp in Hell!

HEREWEGO
10-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I actually live about 20 mins from where it happened and the amish ppl are going crazy around here

PisnNapalm
10-03-2006, 11:18 AM
I lived in Sadsburyville Chester County. There are alot of Amish in that area. Every Sunday was non stop buggies past my house.

This is a terrible tradegy and it's made all the worse because it happened to about the most peaceful people on the planet.

sumo
10-03-2006, 12:09 PM
I know I posted this already -- but they have got to quit giving these guys so much media time -- I don't want to hear about this creep's family life, listen to his brother apologize, he had a wife and three kids.... Who freakin cares!!!! -- the next nut job is watching this and they are trying to better each other's crimes, they love the attention -- no way that it's a coincidence that 3 of these incidents happen so close together --- all of the major networks have got to re-think the way they cover these events -- ALL the attention should be sympathy to the victims and nothing at all for the criminals

SteelCityMan786
10-04-2006, 05:12 PM
WTH Is wrong with people these days. Thoughts and prayers to those who lost loved ones.

HometownGal
10-05-2006, 03:30 PM
The five little girls who were so brutally murdered were laid to rest today. May God bless and keep these sweet and innocent little angels. :tombstone

From the story below, it sadly appears that there will soon be a sixth victim of this senseless crime. :crying02:

The Amish are such a forgiving and loving people. I have been to Lancaster several times, and I take a trip to Sugarcreek, Ohio several times a year, where there is a large Amish population. I was always in such awe at how simply they live and how much love and respect they have for their fellow man. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the Amish families who have lost their little girls, as well as to the entire Amish community.

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_278132502.html

(KDKA) NICKEL MINES, PA Today, families of four of the girls killed during a shooting at a one-room Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster County are saying goodbye.

Four funerals have been planned for the five girls who were killed when a gunman, Charles Carl Roberts, barged into their classroom and eventually shot them and himself.

Three of them are planned for today.

The funerals for 7-year-old Naomi Rose Ebersol, Marian Fisher, 13; and sisters Mary Liz Miller, 8, and Lena Miller, 7, are today.

Anna Mae Stoltzfus, 12, will be laid to rest Friday.

Police shut down many streets in town to allow for the processions and to give the families their privacy.

?It?s a very sad day, it?s a day of grieving, it?s the final goodbye to four of the girls,? said Rita Rhoada, a midwife.

The condition of one of the five girls in the hospital has taken a turn for worst.

A six-year-old girl has been taken off life support and brought home.

A family friend told reporters they brought her home to pass away.

Meanwhile, police say the two family members who Roberts said he molested when they were children say it didn?t happen.

sumo
10-05-2006, 03:51 PM
The five little girls who were so brutally murdered were laid to rest today. May God bless and keep these sweet and innocent little angels. :tombstone

From the story below, it sadly appears that there will soon be a sixth victim of this senseless crime. :crying02:

The Amish are such a forgiving and loving people. I have been to Lancaster several times, and I take a trip to Sugarcreek, Ohio several times a year, where there is a large Amish population. I was always in such awe at how simply they live and how much love and respect they have for their fellow man. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the Amish families who have lost their little girls, as well as to the entire Amish community.

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_278132502.html

(KDKA) NICKEL MINES, PA Today, families of four of the girls killed during a shooting at a one-room Amish schoolhouse in Lancaster County are saying goodbye.

Four funerals have been planned for the five girls who were killed when a gunman, Charles Carl Roberts, barged into their classroom and eventually shot them and himself.

Three of them are planned for today.

The funerals for 7-year-old Naomi Rose Ebersol, Marian Fisher, 13; and sisters Mary Liz Miller, 8, and Lena Miller, 7, are today.

Anna Mae Stoltzfus, 12, will be laid to rest Friday.

Police shut down many streets in town to allow for the processions and to give the families their privacy.

?It?s a very sad day, it?s a day of grieving, it?s the final goodbye to four of the girls,? said Rita Rhoada, a midwife.

The condition of one of the five girls in the hospital has taken a turn for worst.

A six-year-old girl has been taken off life support and brought home.

A family friend told reporters they brought her home to pass away.

Meanwhile, police say the two family members who Roberts said he molested when they were children say it didn?t happen.

Thanks for posting this -- there should be a lot more said about the victims -- I wish the media would quit running stories about Roberts -- it's just encouraging the other messed up psychos that are looming out there...

HometownGal
10-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Thanks for posting this -- there should be a lot more said about the victims -- I wish the media would quit running stories about Roberts -- it's just encouraging the other messed up psychos that are looming out there...

The Amish do not believe in public exposure in any form and mourn their loved ones in a private fashion. They firmly believe that life goes on and after they bury their own, they immediately go back to doing what they did beforehand. What truly amazes me about these people is that they are so forgiving - I read an article yesterday where the family of one of the little girls murdered has taken Roberts' wife and children under their wing, invited them to join them at the service and burial and set up an Amish-based fund to help them financially. The Amish elders are also helping Roberts' family cope with everything that has happened. I am a very forgiving person by nature, but I don't think in this case, I could be so forgiving if one of those little angels were a member of my family.

Lyn
10-06-2006, 09:05 AM
A little girl asked that he shoort her first and her sister asked that he shoot her second

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/shoot-me-first-amish-girl-is-said-to/20061005163509990016?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I am very protective of my kids so I have absolutely no idea how I would feel, as a mom at least since he killed himself.

:dang: