PDA

View Full Version : 3 Things.....

Sith Lord
10-02-2006, 02:51 PM
1) The Bengals are the cheap shot kings of the NFL. Someone in NFL discipline (sp?) needs to make an example out of them for those head to head shots.

2) Haynesworth needs to be suspended without pay for the rest of the year.

3) The bye week blows (I know, I know, this is a given)

Bonus: The bengals would be 2-2 if ricardo colcough's mother and father never met.

Ambridge
10-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Haynesworth only gets a 5 game suspension!!! Pretty weak statement by the new Commissioner Roger Goodell.

The Bye Week does suck Monkey Balls.
Instead of these ridiculous early season Bye Weeks how about 16 teams getting the Bye at week 8 and the remaining 16 teams getting the Bye in week 9????

Ricardo Colclough should be castrated so he can't reproduce anymore of the costly stupidity that was witnessed last weekend.............along with a backhand across Bill Cowher's face for having him return punts in the first place.

PisnNapalm
10-02-2006, 06:03 PM
I think Hayneworth should ahve been suspended for the rest of the season. He ripped the helmet off the guy and then stomped his head twice. He needs to be arrested and charged with assault as well.

I hate to say it but I think we needed the bye the week to refocus and get things back on track.

As for Ricardo... well... I'm gonna defer to "The Chin" to do what's right now.

Stillers#1
10-02-2006, 06:11 PM
If you charge Haynesworth with assault, what are you going to do everytime a punch is thrown in the NFL? All it is going to do is start a snowball effect, where, in the end, the fans will lose. They hit him wehre it will hurt him the most.....his pay-check.

Mosca
10-02-2006, 06:28 PM
I agree with Stillers, if you can't make an assault charge stick against a hockey player, you can't make one stick against a football player.

Tom

stillers4me
10-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Mayber he can get traded to the Bengals...he should fit right in.

sumo
10-03-2006, 12:50 PM
If you charge Haynesworth with assault, what are you going to do everytime a punch is thrown in the NFL? All it is going to do is start a snowball effect, where, in the end, the fans will lose. They hit him wehre it will hurt him the most.....his pay-check.

I agree -- I responded the same way on the other thread -- I think the common man that doesn't pay attention to the details of the NFL, probably thinks - five games - no big deal - but these guys only get paid during the regular season -they only get living allowances during training camp and the preseason - so five games is almost 1/3 of his entire annual salary -- also, a precedent was set with the Romanowski incident -- so that will be coming in the future -I guarantee it - all he has to prove is that the incident effected his career and he will be awarded damages....

BlackNGold203
10-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I hate bye weeks.....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Haynesworth only gets a 5 game suspension!!! Pretty weak statement by the new Commissioner Roger Goodell.

The Bye Week does suck Monkey Balls.
Instead of these ridiculous early season Bye Weeks how about 16 teams getting the Bye at week 8 and the remaining 16 teams getting the Bye in week 9????

Ricardo Colclough should be castrated so he can't reproduce anymore of the costly stupidity that was witnessed last weekend.............along with a backhand across Bill Cowher's face for having him return punts in the first place.

I believe it the longest suspention of any player for misconduct on the field....

Ambridge
10-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I believe it the longest suspention of any player for misconduct on the field....

Haynesworth should have been suspended for the rest of the season.
Losing five game checks is probably still pocket change for most veterans in the NFL.
Hitting jerks like Haynesworth where it really hurts is when you take away significant playing time along with the monetary fine.

A full years suspension would have sent a clear and no-nonsense message to the entire league that stupid behavior will not be tolerated.

steelfan 92
10-04-2006, 06:56 PM
no assault. charges than everytime a qb gets insjred there wife may want to file charges. suspend him for the rest of the year with out pay and i guarantee he will never do that again. the new boss has got to send a better message than that.

SteelShooter
10-04-2006, 08:01 PM

It is the record now. They spoke about that on the NFL Network.

I believe Romanowski was 2 games, but not positive on that one.

steelcurtain09
10-04-2006, 09:44 PM
1) The Bengals are the cheap shot kings of the NFL. Someone in NFL discipline (sp?) needs to make an example out of them for those head to head shots.

they should show the bengals profile shots to the rest of the league and say "these r bad men"

2) Haynesworth needs to be suspended without pay for the rest of the year.

k now im bein serious. he should have been suspended for the whole year. the only difference between this, the Bertuzzi incident, and the McSorley incident is the sport and choice of weapon. haynesworth should have been suspended for a year and charged wit assault like those other 2 were

3) The bye week blows (I know, I know, this is a given)

tht is a given. y not give coclogh #3 and be done wit it.

Bonus: The bengals would be 2-2 if ricardo colcough's mother and father never met.

if coclough is in the sd game i might be very mad and do something drastic. wht it is i still have to figure out.