PDA

View Full Version : Pens Tidbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Ok Pens lets bring the heat!!!!

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Pengiuns right back on the Power Play, interference on Samsonoff.

Gonchar at the point almost f***** us up, again poor decision making by Gonchar, and Sabo bailed him out with that save!!!

2-1 lead on a power play goal, by Malkin!!!

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Penalty call holding, on Scuderi...on to the sin bin for him.

and there should have been a penalty for the hit on Taffe, that was just wrong!!!

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Penalty killed way to go Pens!!!

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
GOALLL!!! No surprise, but again Malkin recieving another NHL point and is another step closer to Ovechkin.
Malkins goal a side angle shot on the PP and in to give the Pens a 2-1 in the second.
Both teams fighting hard should be good rest of night!
GO PENS!!!

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Shots on goals we are beating them 6 -14, but on scoring chances and everything else we are pretty much tied, I think that we came out a little to slow, but hopefully we will come out strong in the second period.

It has always been my opinion that we don't shoot enough on the power play sometimes, and I think that we need to do that, we can't sit and wait for the pretty goals, and just in general we need to shoot more.

I also think that when we do shoot the puck we are not shooting it from the right angles, and then the other team ends up getting the rebound.

In other related Pens news, Philly is beating Tampa Bay 2-1, at the end of the 1st period.

Ha the Canes had the 14 shots we only had 6.

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Ha the Canes had the 14 shots we only had 6.

I should have listened to my boyfriend, when he said that I had it mixed up, but I just didn't listen.:dang:

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Jordan just put himself back in the box.

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Staal taking a penalty, for high sticking, so it will be 4 on 4 for 16 seconds, and then the Canes will have the PP.

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
4 on 3. Off Setting Minors on Cole and Gonchar.

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Gonchar and Cole to the penalty box, off setting penalties.

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Canes score, by Eric Staal, tied 2-2

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2008, 07:22 PM
And a defensive brain fart damn it.

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Staal needs to chill out a little bit....he was in the box for both PP goals.

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 07:30 PM
ah Canes score to make it 2-2 middle of second period.
Canes have 27 shots on goal already and are really getting the puck to the net.
Pens need to generate more offense or were going to have a difficult night the Canes want it and it shows!
GET EM PENS!

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Another penalty, this one on Sabo, delay of game, unbelieveable, this is the last thing that we need.

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes we definatly need more offense, and the fact that we are taking so many penalties is not helping us at all, we need to stop making these mental errors.

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I totally agree!!! :cheers:

One thing that I like about tonight better than last night is that we are shooting the puck more, and not looking for the perfect play.

Another thing that I would like to see is guys like Armstrong and Talbot chip in a few more goals.

Excellent point. Last night, we were looking for the perfect play. Tonight we took the shot (Orpik) and got the goal.

When Sid comes back, it would be nice to see Armstrong pick up his game and start netting some goals. Before Sid went down, it seemed like the chemistry between the two was picking up. That's why I would like to see Army or Christensen on that line.

Players like Talbot, Army and Ruutu need to start netting some goals. I'm not expecting Ruutu to go on a ten game streak, but contribute to some degree in the scoring department for Pete's sake.

Tonight, much like last night, we are taking the stupid penalties. Staal needs to chill. It looks like he's trying too hard.

We are playing teams who are fighting for a playoff spot. Dumb penalties and stupid mental errors are not going to fly.

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Update in the Philly game, Tampa Bay is winning 4-2 keep it up Tampa, we need ou to beat the Flyers.

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Stupid penalty by Sabo that was embarrassing!
WE MUST STAY OUT OF THE BOX TO WIN GAMES!!!!

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 07:42 PM
2-2 after second period, but Pens must straighten up and stay out of the box or the Canes shall soon lead.
More pucks on net and strong defense is key in the third period, and we need to come out like our asses are on fire!
GO PENS!!!

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:42 PM
We are killing ourselves with all of these penalties, I can't believe it.

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:43 PM
2-2 after second period, but Pens must straighten up and stay out of the box or the Canes shall soon lead.
More pucks on net and strong defense is key in the third period, and we need to come out like our asses are on fire!
GO PENS!!!

Totally agree :cheers:

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Our team is young and penalties i expect, but they have to be more poised and BE SELF DISCIPLINED! Our Penalty kill is close to dead last around 25th in the league and being in the box 5-6 time a game will KILL US!

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Penalties are definatly hurting us, but I also think that scoring chances are being missed by players that should be putting it in the net, like Armstrong and Christensen (even though he isn't playing tonight). I know that they aren't going to score like Sidney, but they need to get the puck in the net more often.

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Another dumb penalty on Talbot were killing ourselves here!

MarylandSteeler
02-14-2008, 08:03 PM
you can say that again

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Another stupid penalty another cane goal!!! CAN"T WE LEARN!!!
STAY OUT OF THE BOX!!!!
Canes lead 3-2 early in 3rd.

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Now we just need to get shots on the net, and just saw kennedy play with it behind Cam Ward for about ten seconds and then lost it! GOTTA TAKE SHOTS!
GO PENS!!

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Down by one and we are looking for the perfect play once again. Flash back of last night.

SHOOT THE PUCK.

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Turnovers are seriously a problem right now! Get the puck to the net plain and simple.
This is a terribly played game for the Pens and shows that the Canes have all the heart tonight. WAKE UP PENS!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2008, 08:17 PM
4-2 Canes with 8:43.

Zero back checking on that goal. Carolina closing us out. Second night in a row of pathetic and undisciplined hockey.

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 08:20 PM
GAME OVER!! Canes score 4-2 with 7 min. remaining!
Sure breaks my heart to see Malkin being the only player putting his all out their being dead after each shift and now smacking his stick in anger!

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 08:21 PM
4-2 Canes with 8:43.

Zero back checking on that goal. Carolina closing us out. Second night in a row of pathetic and UNDISCIPLINED!!! hockey.
Their age truly showed tonight! :dang:

83-Steelers-43
02-14-2008, 08:23 PM
And it looks like Beech either broke his arm or his wrist. He's done.

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 08:23 PM

Plus Taffe with a broken nose......CUT US A BREAK!!!!! :jawdrop:

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Man this team has fallen apart .

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Where's our offense? We need 2-3 goals in the span of 3 minutes.

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
So much wasted time.

steelpride12
02-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Pens fall 4-2 to the Canes in a pathetic game one of the worst all season long.
No back checking on defense(allowed 43 shots), many turnovers, and worst of all, were UN DISCIPLINED stayed in the box all night and gave the Canes 3 PP goals.
Uncalled for def. with a team almost dead last in penalty kill.
Devils still one point behind with a game in hand, lets hope Pens have some luck!

SteelCityMan786
02-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Well Lange has gave people a good reminder that there is 82 games in a season not 28. About time we heard an optimist.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Lange is correct, there are 82 games in a season, very good Lange. Unfortunately, that was the case 58 games ago. Maybe he should have mentioned that we only have 24 more games left on the schedule while playing in a tightly contested conference?

I'm just hoping these last two games are not a sign of an upcoming slide.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Not exactly sure what the point was in bringing him up in the first place, especially when you only played him for a little over eight minutes.

Penguins send rookie defenseman down to Wilkes-Barre
Friday, February 15, 2008
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Penguins returned rookie defenseman Alex Goligoski to their farm team in Wilkes-Barre today.

Goligoski, who was promoted Feb. 5, played one game with the Penguins, logging eight minutes and 40 seconds of ice time during their 2-1 loss to Boston Wednesday.

He was the Penguins' second-round draft choice in 2004 and has six goals and 11 assists in 43 games with the Baby Penguins this season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08046/857785-100.stm

pittsburghp8baller
02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Not exactly sure what the point was in bringing him up in the first place, especially when you only played him for a little over eight minutes.

Penguins send rookie defenseman down to Wilkes-Barre
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Penguins returned rookie defenseman Alex Goligoski to their farm team in Wilkes-Barre today.

Goligoski, who was promoted Feb. 5, played one game with the Penguins, logging eight minutes and 40 seconds of ice time during their 2-1 loss to Boston Wednesday.

He was the Penguins' second-round draft choice in 2004 and has six goals and 11 assists in 43 games with the Baby Penguins this season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08046/857785-100.stm

Therrian said that it was only going to be brief and it was only going to be to see if he is up to the NHL speed yet. but with us jus about set at D i would rather send him down so he can play every night and i use someone else to plug in every other night or so

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 11:37 AM
i would rather send him down so he can play every night and i use someone else to plug in every other night or so

You and me both. That's why I really didn't see the point in bringing him up and sitting him every night and then throwing him in for eight minutes. I could understand if they played the kid two or three games, but eight minutes is not exactly a good amount of time to see what the kid brings to the table.

Eitherway, I'm happy they sent the kid back down instead of letting him rot on the bench.

pittsburghp8baller
02-15-2008, 11:40 AM
You and me both. That's why I really didn't see the point in bringing him up and sitting him every night and then throwing him in for eight minutes. I could understand if they played the kid two or three games.

i guess they figured that he didnt have it in him yet.

im wondering if that was some sort of tryout in a sense. if he passed and they thought he was ready for the NHL then they would be willing to make that big trade (ie gonchar) with goligoski ready to play but since he aint than they might not make a BIG trade. just a thought

X-Terminator
02-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Sure it's easy to point the fickle finger of blame at one person (though Gonch totally fooked up on the Bruins' first goal), but when a team is gifted with 8 PPs and can only get one puck into the net, I believe the answer is crystal clear as to where this loss resulted from. You are right, though - they looked pretty anemic until the 3rd period.

Tough matchup against the Canes tonight away from home. Let's hope the Pens can find their mojo and chalk up a W. :thumbsup:

It just never ceases to amaze me how underappreciated Gonchar is in this town. The guy is an All-Star having another solid season, plays almost 26 minutes a night in all phases of the game, but yet to some he's the friggin antichrist and doesn't deserve any credit for anything. No, he's no Nicklas Lidstrom, who is only the best defenseman in the league, and yes, he is prone to making mistakes, but so is everyone else, which is the point I've been trying to get across. With all of the talk about Gonchar's flubs, nobody's mentioned the 3 blatant giveaways by Ryan Whitney the last 2 nights that led to 2 odd-man rushes and a shorthanded breakaway that thankfully didn't end up in our net. I think what I'm seeing here with regard to Gonchar is the "perfection or the pine" mentality that I see in many Steelers fans - you have play perfect every night, or you should be gone. They may get their wish, though, because at some point I feel he will be traded, whether it's this season or next.

Anyway, 2 tough losses in a row - for whatever reason, they just can't seem to win in Carolina. Does anyone remember the last time they won there? It's been a house of horrors for them over the years. You know I'm one of the biggest pessimists out there, but I'm not panicking yet. Let's see if they can get the ship righted against Buffalo, a Jekyll-and-Hyde team if there ever was one.

pittsburghp8baller - I don't see the Pens making a major deal at the deadline. They will make a couple of deals to add some depth, but nothing major. The only scorer they could acquire without giving up too much would be Ryder.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
More rumors. As long as we stay away from trading younger players who are still learning the game and have a great upside (Whitney, Letang, Staal), I would like to see the trigger pulled on somebody who will be here for a long period of time. I would have no problem trading a veteran who has a big contract...

It appears the St.Louis Blues are going to move defenseman Barret Jackman. The two sides remain far apart on a contract extension. The Penguins remain interested but it's believed the Blues interest has soured on Colby Armstrong. Since Shero is reluctant to trade a 1st or 2nd round choice, it's going to take a prospect like Lannon/or Goligoski plus Armstrong I've been told.

Shero has inquired about Vaclav Prospal but it's believed the Penguins don't see him as the perfect linemate for Crosby. The asking price is very high so it's unlikely they are going to make a serious run at Prospal. Prospal does have 23 goals but he is seen as more of a playmaker than a sniper.

There is some speculation going around that Pavel Demitra will not be back in Minnesota next season. Despite being in first place, It's is believed they are willing to listen to offers for Demitra who has struggled this season.

One of my Penguins sources has told me there is word that the Anaheim Ducks might make a strong pitch for Jagr.

Rob Blake has told the Kings he will not waive his no-trade clause to be dealt to the Rangers or any Eastern Conference team, according to The New York Post. The Rangers made a solid offer prior to the All-Star Break. The offer was believed to centered around Al Montoya and Brandon Dubinsky heading to LA in exchange for Blake.

Sergei Federov has drawn interest from Detroit, Pittsburgh, Ottawa and Philadelphia.

Thrashers F Marian Hossa tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution the chances of him re-signing before the trade deadline are "very slim."

Brian Gionta's name has been mentioned in possible deals involving Blackhawks RW Martin Havlat, Panthers C Olli Jokinen or even Maple Leafs C Mats Sundin

French language TV network RDS in Canada reported on its website that Lightning D Dan Boyle has given GM Jay Feaster a list of 10 teams he would be willing to accept a trade, but the Tampa Tribune says no list has been submitted to the Lightning. Well-paced sources told The New York Post that Boyle "appears far more likely than not to sign a long-term extension with Tampa Bay."

The Columbus Blue Jackets are telling teams defenseman Adam Foote is not on the trade block but the next 48hours are going to the tell the story. Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson tells The Columbus Dispatch he will talk with Rick Curran, the agent for captain Adam Foote, in the next 48 hours to see where both sides stand in the veteran defenseman's future with the team.

The latest rumors regarding Dary Tucker are many NHL executives believe he is damaged goods.

- Buzzontheburgh

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 01:49 PM
but with us jus about set at D

I wish we were. Unfortunately, we have too many offensive d-men. One plus with that situation is that players like Letang, Whitney and Goligoski have time to round out their defensive game and learn how to play a solid defense. They are still young and learning the game. Right now, we have one defenseman who plays a physical game night after night, Orpik.

Last night Steigerwald was making such a big deal about Orpik scoring a goal. Personally, I don't give a damn if Orpik goes the next five seasons without a goal. He's a defenseman, your first priority is to play defense. You score a goal, great, but I'll take a solid defensive game over what a defenseman can do with the puck anyday of the week.

As for Goligoski, I hope the eight minutes of play he had gave him a taste of the NHL. Personally, I would have played him more. IMO, I thought he looked pretty good for that short period of time, but it wasn't long enough for me at least to make a solid opinion. Hopefully next time he comes up it will be for good.

83-Steelers-43
02-15-2008, 02:33 PM

Pens place Beech on inured reserve, adjust roster
By Rob Rossi
TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Injuries continue to lay waste to the Penguins' best plans.

Forward Kris Beech, claimed off waivers only last month, was placed on injured reserve today with a broken wrist. He was injured in a loss at Carolina on Thursday and is out indefinitely. Beech appeared in only four contests with the Penguins.

The Penguins also have returned rookie defenseman Alex Goligoski to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL. Goligoski was promoted to the NHL on Feb. 5, but played in only one game with the Penguins. He is considered one of the organization's top prospects, and there was no plan at the time of his recall to keep him in the NHL this season.

Without Beech and Goligoski, the Penguins recalled forwards Chris Minard and Connor James from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. It is the second stint this season for both players with the Penguins. Minard was promoted on Jan. 20, and played in one game with the Penguins. James was originally recalled on Dec. 15. He also played in only one game before returning to the AHL.

The Penguins have lost 152 man-games due to injury this season. They will play a 13th consecutive game with captain Sidney Crosby in Buffalo on Sunday.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_552626.html

SteelCityMan786
02-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Pens place Beech on inured reserve, adjust roster
By Rob Rossi
TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Injuries continue to lay waste to the Penguins' best plans.

Forward Kris Beech, claimed off waivers only last month, was placed on injured reserve today with a broken wrist. He was injured in a loss at Carolina on Thursday and is out indefinitely. Beech appeared in only four contests with the Penguins.

The Penguins also have returned rookie defenseman Alex Goligoski to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL. Goligoski was promoted to the NHL on Feb. 5, but played in only one game with the Penguins. He is considered one of the organization's top prospects, and there was no plan at the time of his recall to keep him in the NHL this season.

Without Beech and Goligoski, the Penguins recalled forwards Chris Minard and Connor James from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. It is the second stint this season for both players with the Penguins. Minard was promoted on Jan. 20, and played in one game with the Penguins. James was originally recalled on Dec. 15. He also played in only one game before returning to the AHL.

The Penguins have lost 152 man-games due to injury this season. They will play a 13th consecutive game with captain Sidney Crosby in Buffalo on Sunday.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_552626.html

It will only be a shortwhile till we say good bye to Beech.

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Penguins' fortunes take turn for worse
By Keith Barnes
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, February 16, 2008

RALEIGH, N.C. - For the better part of three months, the Penguins have been playing a stressful game of craps with their season.

They've been forced to throw unproven rookies and career journeymen into their lineup with the hope their opponent won't notice the rash of injuries that has depleted their talented core.

Until Thursday night, every roll had been a seven. But they may have finally rolled craps.

Carolina was the one team in the league that may have been on par with the Penguins as far as injuries. They put three players on injured reserve that day and lost team captain Rod Brind'Amour early in the first period with what turned out to be a season-ending knee injury.

Yet, the Hurricanes ran roughshod on the Penguins, blistering goaltender Dany Sabourin with 46 shots, including several odd-man rushes and breakaways the backup netminder turned aside in what turned into an ugly, 4-2, loss for the Penguins at the RBC Center.

"We know they have good starts -- that's one of their strengths -- and we were lucky to come out of the first period 1-1," said Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik, who scored against the Hurricanes for his first goal in 180 games. "Dany played great, and even after that, I don't even know how many breakaways he stopped, he definitely deserved better, and if it wasn't for him, it probably would have been 7-2 or 8-2."

One loss like this wouldn't be much to get upset about. But this was the second time in two nights the Penguins were outplayed by a team below them in the Eastern Conference standings, and things may get worse before they get better.

For most of the season, the Penguins have been able to compensate quickly for their losses. Lose center Maxime Talbot for a couple of months, no problem. Tyler Kennedy scored four game-winning goals and was selected to play in the YoungStars Game as part of the All-Star Game festivities.

Kennedy is hit with mononucleosis, grab former Penguins center Kris Beech off the waiver wire.

Checking line center Adam Hall severely pulls his groin, Jeff Taffe is the answer. He's scored two goals, including a game-winner in a 2-0 victory in Montreal on Jan. 19.

Franchise goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury goes down with a high ankle sprain and his replacement, Ty Conklin, goes 14-4-3 with an NHL-leading .930 save percentage. Defenseman Mark Eaton is done for the year with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, and rookie Kristopher Letang shows up with four goals and 13 points in 40 games.

Even with reigning Hart Trophy winning Sidney Crosby out for four weeks, Evgeni Malkin stepped into his skates and helped the Penguins to a 6-4-2 record and first place in the Atlantic Division.

And still the list goes on. The Penguins were without center Erik Christensen when they lost to Carolina because of a shoulder problem, and Gary Roberts is still on injured reserve with a broken fibula.

"You can make up any excuse that you want," Orpik said. "It just seemed that they had more jump, and they just wanted to win a little more than we did."

Not only was that defeat costly in the loss column, it may have signaled that the team has finally hit the bottom of its talent barrel. Taffe was knocked out of the game with a broken nose. Beech was placed on injured reserve with a broken right wrist, and the severity of Christensen's injury isn't known.

All that means is that the week or two before Roberts, Crosby and Hall can be expected back may look like an eternity.

"We're missing a lot of players, and we knew that eventually down the road, it was going to catch up to us," Penguins coach Michel Therrien said. "I think the last two games have been tough, and we lost two other players (Thursday), and it's tough with all the injuries we've got."

And only 23 more rolls before the playoffs begin.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_552648.html

X-Terminator
02-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Oy :dang: Now I know how Oilers fans must feel with so many of their key players injured...

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2008, 10:14 AM
It will only be a shortwhile till we say good bye to Beech.

It's bad enough they were paying him in the first place, now they get to pay him while he's sitting on IR. Wasted money.

I would also liked to have seen Filewich called back up instead of Connor James.

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Sid looks smooth in full-contact practice
Saturday, February 16, 2008
By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Injured Penguins captain Sidney Crosby traded in his yellow non-contact jersey for a regular look during the team's practice today at Southpointe, an indication that he is getting closer to full participation.

"[It was] kind of a step to see how it went," said Crosby, who has been out for four weeks with a high ankle sprain. "It went pretty good. It's still something we've got to work through a bit."

At one point during the workout, Crosby and defenseman Kris Letang got tangled and both fell to the ice, slid past the net and bumped into the boards, though not heavily. Crosby got up and continued with no problem.

"That same play the next time could be the one where you get hurt, so you don't want to get too far ahead of yourself, and that's the way I've approached it," he said.

Crosby is still projected to be out until at least the end of the month.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08047/858117-100.stm

X-Terminator
02-16-2008, 03:44 PM
For all of those on the Brian Campbell bandwagon - he was a -4 today against the Rangers, with one of the goals directly resulting from his giveaway on a clear attempt along the boards. That now makes him -5 for the season.

Still want him? :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2008, 04:11 PM
:toofunny:

Another list of the most sought after possible trades. No surprise really who's on the list. Same guys on just about everyone's list....:coffee:

Top 10 trade picks from TSN:

10. Mats Sundin

9. Brian Campbell

8. Marian Hossa

7. Olli Jokinen

6. Alex Tanguay

5. Rob Blake

4. Miro Satan

3. Jeff Carter

2. Dan Boyle

1. Patrick Marleau

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/news_story/?ID=229090&hubname=nhl-trade_deadline

83-Steelers-43
02-16-2008, 04:36 PM
And more trade rumors...

jim66: Shelly, are there any physical blue line guys Shero likes, and who are available if Orpik is out of favor?

Shelly Anderson: There are a couple reports about Buffalo's Brian Campbell catching Ray Shero's eye, but I don't know how serious any talks are or whether something could be worked out.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08035/854692-61.stm

No surprising really, who isn't looking at him? You would have to be an idiot not to at least take a look, but if Buffalo resigns him, more power to them. They deserve to keep at least some talent on that team after that fire sale last season. I know what it's like to watch a team with zero talent (pre-Lemieux) and then watching the bandwagon jump on for the ride.

I feel for Buffalo and it's fans, even though that team has been on a tear as of late.

The Pens are interested in..

D. Boyle
L. Nagy
O. Jokinen
M. Gelinas
B. Willsie

-Eklund

Lord Stiller
02-16-2008, 09:58 PM
For all of those on the Brian Campbell bandwagon - he was a -4 today against the Rangers, with one of the goals directly resulting from his giveaway on a clear attempt along the boards. That now makes him -5 for the season.

Still want him? :wink02:

Well we definitely need help defensively or it will be another early exit in the playoffs

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 11:29 AM
It's not going to be an easy one tonight. With the exception of one game, Buffalo has been playing great hockey considering they have Afinogenov out.

Yesterday, Miller let four goals in on eleven shots and was pulled. Sounds like he had a bad day. Hopefully he keeps up that type of play today and we can turn around our pathetic play as of late.

X-Terminator
02-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Well we definitely need help defensively or it will be another early exit in the playoffs

Actually I posted that to reiterate my point that very good players have bad games or make mistakes every now and then, and that it's just friggin ridiculous to keep harping on the negatives day after day after day after day. I've already said I'd love to have Campbell on this team and I haven't changed my mind at all.

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 03:02 PM
It's not going to be an easy one tonight. With the exception of one game, Buffalo has been playing great hockey considering they have Afinogenov out.

Yesterday, Miller let four goals in on eleven shots and was pulled. Sounds like he had a bad day. Hopefully he keeps up that type of play today and we can turn around our pathetic play as of late.

I wonder if we'll see his backup tonight.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 03:10 PM

I would have to believe they are going to stick with Miller. Just seems like he had a bad day yesterday after giving up those four goals on eleven shots. I'm just hoping he stays in that rut for today.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 03:11 PM

Amen :cheers:

Like a smart, good decision making, defensive defenseman to clear the front of the net and net you some points from time to time? I'll take it! :sofunny:

HometownGal
02-17-2008, 03:22 PM
:toofunny: :yawn:

Actually I posted that to reiterate my point that very good players have bad games or make mistakes every now and then

Don't you know, XT - that's not permissible here in the Burgh? I'd love to have Campbell here, as well, but I guarantee the first time he makes a mistake - no matter how much he contributes to the team otherwise - people are going to be on him like white on rice.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 03:26 PM

BTW, much like always, take it with a grain of salt, but I just checked the PPG and they have Miller as the probable starter, as does the Tribune Review.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 03:32 PM
lol, scratch that....

Hour and a half till game time. Thinking 7:00 or 7:30 start. :dang::sofunny::toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 03:38 PM
lol, scratch that....

Hour and a half till game time. Thinking 7:00 or 7:30 start. :dang::sofunny::toofunny:

Come on 83. We're not playing at home right now. Or somewhere else that plays at 7:00 or 7:30 on a Sunday. :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Come on 83. We're not playing at home right now. Or somewhere else that plays at 7:00 or 7:30 on a Sunday. :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

I know, i know...it's been a long and humorous day. I'm just trying to relax, sit back with a glass of wine and watch some pens hockey. I'm a little off the ball today. The shitty weather is not helping..lol. :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I know, i know...it's been a long and humorous day. I'm just trying to relax, sit back with a glass of wine and watch some pens hockey. I'm a little off the ball today. The shitty weather is not helping..lol. :wink02:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: It sure doesn't look like it.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 05:18 PM
So much for keeping that Malone-Malkin-Sykora line together. He has Talbot playing with Malkin and Sykora.

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 05:22 PM
So much for keeping that Malone-Malkin-Sykora line together. He has Talbot playing with Malkin and Sykora.

My guess is Therrien wants to work on who he wants with Sid when he comes back. Although I think Sid make take the top line still.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 05:48 PM
And our 'new' first line blew a 3 on 1 with seconds remaining in the first. Talbot couldn't put it away. Thank Conklin for keeping this game remotely close. Poor guy made 17 saves in one period.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Holy hell, Ruutu scored a goal in regulation. He is money on breakaways. Wow. Nice goal.

Now the media can make a big deal about a player on this team not scoring for a long period of time and finally scoring, he's not a defenseman. Have fun with that story. A shame they will have to get off Orpik's ass.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 06:17 PM
2-0 Penguins on the PP. Malkin to Sykora. Nice pass by Gonchar. :toofunny:

Woohoo!!!

Looks like Miller has yesterday playing around in his head (6 goals on his last 19 shots) while Conklin is playing very good at the other end. Keep it up guys, don't let up.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 06:29 PM
So much for keeping it up. Army took the stupid penalty (dumb mental error). Sabres score.

2-1 after two. Ruutu was close to scoring another one with eight seconds remaining in the second, but that would have been too good to be true.

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Going to need a strong 3rd period.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Malkin scores. 3-1 Pens. He's now one point behind Ovechkin. I still can't get over the way Conklin is playing tonight. Guy is unbelievable.

I feel for Miller's defense. They have an offense who can't find the back of the net and they have a goalie who has looked like hell for the past two games.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Other scores.

A hot New York Rangers team beat San Jose 3-1. They beat Buffalo yesterday, I don't think that's saying much after watching the way Miller has played tonight and giving up 4 goals out of 11 shots yesterday.

The Flyers are losing to Montreal 4-2 in the 2nd.

83-Steelers-43
02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Colby Armstrong nets the open netter. First goal since January 1. Pens win 4-1. Minus the first period, way to rebound from those two losses.

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
WE WIN! 4-1 The Sabres have just lost on an empty goal.

Lord Stiller
02-18-2008, 09:52 AM
damn, Conklin played awesome!

I think the return of MAF is pushing Conklin to play better

btw, the refs tried to hand the game to the Sabres....absolutely ridiculous

Lord Stiller
02-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Pens interested in getting the other Ruutu

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit080217.html

fansince'76
02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
It's nice to see the Pens maintaining a share of the division lead without Crosby.

SteelCityMan786
02-18-2008, 04:41 PM
The Brother's Stats.
Tuomo Ruutu #15 | Left Wing | Chicago Blackhawks
Roster:
Height: 6-0 Weight: 200 Shoots: Left
Born: Feb 16, 1983 - Vantaa, Finland
Draft: 2001 - 1st round (9th overall) by the Chicago Blackhawks

Goals 6
Assists 14
Points 20
+/- 3
PIM 71

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Pens interested in getting the other Ruutu

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit080217.html

Another lefty who only has 6 goals on the year? Ugh. If your going to bring in another lefty, at least bring in a guy who can net you some goals (Prospal).

The Blackhawks have been shopping Ruutu, and are also believed to be entertaining offers for Martin Havlat.

Havlat would be a nice addition, but considering the price tag and the fact that he always seems to be injured (much like Ruutu), it's not worth it in my opinon. I would rather see that money spent on a D/D or a forward who can net you some goals while lasting the majority of the season.

Speaking of Prospal, there is also a rumor coming out of Tampa that they are looking for "stop-gap goalie". With Fleury returning (while playing good in WBS) and eventually taking over the starting job,

Conklin for Prospal? Just throwing it out there. It's a gamble if Tampa is willing to bite on the trade.

or.....

Sabourin and another player/prospect for Prospal. Maybe Christensen, Talbot or Armstrong?

I'm not stating it should happen nor am I stating it's going to happen. Simply speculating and throwing out different scenario's.

83-Steelers-43
02-19-2008, 10:43 AM
From the Trib....

Pens' Crosby won't play against Panthers

Well no shit? It's February 19. He has stated time and time again that he's not ready to return, why bother wasting the ink and paper? The first time he stepped foot on the ice since his injury he stated he's not close to returning.

Let him heal completely. There is no way in hell they should even think about rushing him back. I don't care if we are one point out of making the playoffs or one point out of clinching first place overall in the conference.

"If anyone knows I'm ready before I do, more power to them," Crosby said. "I'm not ready yet."

Enough said.

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Why in the hell is this a surprise? Crosby knows what happened to Talbot. He doesn't want it to happen to him. He's approaching it correctly. I don't want him coming back too soon and he doesn't want to either.

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
1-0 Panthers. Could be worse.

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 07:43 PM
NICE SAVE TY!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Where's our offense? We need a goal.

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 08:10 PM
We're going to need 2 goals and steal momentum quickly.

The Duke
02-19-2008, 08:15 PM
man, were gonna need a great 3rd period to win this one

X-Terminator
02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Looks like the guys just don't have it tonight.

Now I realize we have a lot of minor leaguers up here now, but we need other guys to pick up their game and start potting some goals. They can't continue to rely on Malkin, the PP and Conklin to win games, because as we've seen tonight, the Panthers are doing a great job of taking them away, just as Boston did last Wednesday night. If they lose tonight, that's 3 losses in 4 games at a time when every point is critical.

Let's go guys and have a good 3rd period here!

The Duke
02-19-2008, 08:31 PM
nice! offense finally woke up

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 08:35 PM
2-1. COME ON GUYS! LET'S TIE IT UP!

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Where's that offense again? We need a goal here.

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
MALONE!!!!!!!! PENS LEAD 3-2.

The Duke
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Malone!!!

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Great win tonight. This was a great show of character.

The Duke
02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
great comeback

and speaking of comebacks, the rangers lost a 5-0 lead to the canadiens :flap:

game tied at 5-5 in overtime right now

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 09:25 PM
great comeback

and speaking of comebacks, the rangers lost a 5-0 lead to the canadiens :flap:

game tied at 5-5 in overtime right now

haha, looks like we'll beat Montreal(that is if they have a bad night of offense)

HometownGal
02-19-2008, 09:33 PM
haha, looks like we'll beat Montreal(that is if they have a bad night of offense)

Sssssssh Matt. Don't jinx em! :wink02: It's always a tough road to hoe in Montreal.

XT - remind me to cook you up another crowburger. :wink02::flap:

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Sssssssh Matt. Don't jinx em! :wink02: It's always a tough road to hoe in Montreal.

If history repeats itself (I should have specified)

Where are the rest of those doubting dons?

X-Terminator
02-19-2008, 11:46 PM

No crowburger necessary, because I never said they couldn't or wouldn't come back tonight. Yeah, I said it looked like they didn't have it, and they didn't in the 2nd period (I didn't see the first period). They looked more like the team I'm used to seeing in the 3rd period and ended up winning the game. But you have to admit that they didn't look good up until Armstrong scored. At any rate, it's a big character win, coming back when they were not at their best to grab the 2 points in regulation. And once again, Ty Conklin has to be given his props for keeping the Pens in it until they finally got their offense going. It would be nice, though, if they could get off to a good start and play a solid game from start to finish, rather than consistently playing catch-up.

HometownGal
02-20-2008, 07:32 AM
No crowburger necessary, because I never said they couldn't or wouldn't come back tonight. Yeah, I said it looked like they didn't have it, and they didn't in the 2nd period (I didn't see the first period). They looked more like the team I'm used to seeing in the 3rd period and ended up winning the game. But you have to admit that they didn't look good up until Armstrong scored. At any rate, it's a big character win, coming back when they were not at their best to grab the 2 points in regulation. And once again, Ty Conklin has to be given his props for keeping the Pens in it until they finally got their offense going. It would be nice, though, if they could get off to a good start and play a solid game from start to finish, rather than consistently playing catch-up.

Nice dodge. :wink02::flap: Are you a graduate of Bullsh it U? :wink02::cheers:

Lord Stiller
02-20-2008, 07:34 AM
it was a great win but let's not get too excited because the Pens were getting dominated for over 2 periods by the Panthers.

Even though Whitney scored on that lucky goal, he played HORRIBLE. He needs to be traded

HometownGal
02-20-2008, 07:54 AM
it was a great win but let's not get too excited because the Pens were getting dominated for over 2 periods by the Panthers.

Even though Whitney scored on that lucky goal, he played HORRIBLE. He needs to be traded

Yes, it was a great win, but this team has defied the odds since Sid went down in late January and if you add in the losses of Roberts and Eaton - I'd have to say these guys have come together and overall has gotten the job done, so yep - I'm excited. :cheers:

SCM - we never gave up on 'em did we? :cheers:

Whitney didn't get credit for that goal- Malone did.

X-Terminator
02-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Nice dodge. :wink02::flap: Are you a graduate of Bullsh it U? :wink02::cheers:

OK fine...I never actually said the words "they aren't going to win," but serve it up anyway. I'm sure it won't be the last time I have one this season.

They still need to get off to better starts, though. Last I checked, hockey wasn't a 15 minute game.

Lord Stiller
02-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Yes, it was a great win, but this team has defied the odds since Sid went down in late January and if you add in the losses of Roberts and Eaton - I'd have to say these guys have come together and overall has gotten the job done, so yep - I'm excited. :cheers:.

Eaton is done for the year. Whitney and Sydor are big liabilities on the blue line. If we dont get help there, we will lose in the first rd of the playoffs

pittsburghp8baller
02-20-2008, 11:39 AM

whitney is still young and he is already one of the top scoring defense in the nhl. the defense will come. u dont jus trade someone with this much promise.

HometownGal
02-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Eaton is done for the year. Whitney and Sydor are big liabilities on the blue line. If we dont get help there, we will lose in the first rd of the playoffs

I know Eaton is out for the season. I was simply saying that with Sid, Roberts and Eaton out of the lineup at the same time, the Pens weren't really given a shot at keeping pace by quite a few fans and the sports media.

I'm not willing to give up on Whitney just yet. He's sporting a +3 and he's young - he's got a lot of potential imho.

On another note - isn't this a vision to behold? :thumbsup:

2. A. Ovechkin WAS 78
3. V. Lecavalier TAM 76

Lord Stiller
02-20-2008, 05:54 PM
u dont jus trade someone with this much promise.

if you can get someone better in return, you always make the trade

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2008, 06:01 PM
IMO, Letang, Whitney and as of right now...Orpik (our only physical defenseman) are the defenseman I would keep on this team and let grow together. I would have no problem trading the likes of Sydor (who costed us the second goal last night) or Gonchar for the right price.

Whitney is still young. It's not like the guy is a ten year vet making defensive mental errors. Last season I thought he rounded out his game very well. This season he is not playing as well when it comes to his defensive game, there is no doubting that. Next year, that could be Letang instead of Whitney.

With our defense, I would rather dump age and cap money over young talent that is still a little rough around the edges, like Whitney, another former #1 pick.

On another note, hats off to Ryan Malone. This year he is finally playing the way he should be playing. Using his big frame and taking it to the net and causing havoc in front of the net. Maybe he can teach Staal a thing or two when it comes to driving the net and being a disturbance in front of the net.

SteelCityMan786
02-20-2008, 07:11 PM
IMO, Letang, Whitney and as of right now...Orpik (our only physical defenseman) are the defenseman I would keep on this team and let grow together. I would have no problem trading the likes of Sydor (who costed us the second goal last night) or Gonchar for the right price.

Whitney is still young. It's not like the guy is a ten year vet making defensive mental errors. Last season I thought he rounded out his game very well. This season he is not playing as well when it comes to his defensive game, there is no doubting that. Next year, that could be Letang instead of Whitney.

With our defense, I would rather dump age and cap money over young talent that is still a little rough around the edges, like Whitney, another former #1 pick.

On another note, hats off to Ryan Malone. This year he is finally playing the way he should be playing. Using his big frame and taking it to the net and causing havoc in front of the net. Maybe he can teach Staal a thing or two when it comes to driving the net and being a disturbance in front of the net.

Sydor wouldn't be a stunner to me either if he ends up going. Gonchar is near the end.

Whitney has picked up his game since being called out and will only continue to get better. Sky is the limit for him.

I'm also in your boat. Just make sure we get guys who can fill that roll.

I have to agree with this one 100%+ because Malone has finally played how he should and has been big in key rolls. He has finally shown what he can truely do and he his in fact a great piece to a Stanley Cup Puzzle.

Lord Stiller
02-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Whitney has picked up his game since being called out and will only continue to get better. Sky is the limit for him.

LOL. are you serious? Did you watch yesterday's game? and actually pay attention?

Orpik and Letang are 2 guys we can build around but I'd still like to get a top shutdown defender

WHITNEY IS SOFT!

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Speaking of defenseman, how about the Flyers grabbing Modry for a 3rd round pick? Modry is having an off year, but giving up a #3 pick in hockey is nothing for Modry. Then again, the guy is 36 years old.

Eitherway, it's fun watching the Flyers hit the wall that they hit every year around this time. I remember a good number of Penguin fans were having heart attacks after they picked up Briere, Biron, etc. etc...now look at them.

F-Philly.

And in other divisional news, Andy Sutton is out 4-6 weeks with a torn hamstring and the Flyers told Gagne to sit out the rest of the season with his injury. HA!

SteelCityMan786
02-20-2008, 07:50 PM
LOL. are you serious? Did you watch yesterday's game? and actually pay attention?

Orpik and Letang are 2 guys we can build around but I'd still like to get a top shutdown defender

WHITNEY IS SOFT!

No, but he has gotten better. Last night was blah.

and 83, this just in, Philly just was named 5th most miserable city. lol.

X-Terminator
02-20-2008, 08:05 PM

WHITNEY IS SOFT!

There are 6 years and 24 million reasons why Whitney will not be traded. It's simply not going to happen. Yes, he's soft, and yes, he's underachieved this season, but you simply do not give up on a young defenseman like him at this stage of his career. I didn't see anyone rushing to demand he be traded after last season when he put up big offensive numbers. Bottom line is that it takes defensemen longer to develop their all-around game at the NHL level. Look at a guy like Chris Pronger, for example (and no, I'm not saying Whitney is the next Pronger). For the first couple years of his career he struggled mightily, and many people wondered if he'd ever develop into the defenseman most thought he would be when he was drafted by the Hartford Whalers 2nd overall in 1993. They gave up on him and ended up trading him to St. Louis (for Brendan Shanahan), where he developed into the All-Star defenseman he is today. Sorry, but I'd rather not see that happen to the Penguins with Whitney. He and Letang are the future of our defense corps.

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2008, 09:28 PM
No, but he has gotten better. Last night was blah.

and 83, this just in, Philly just was named 5th most miserable city. lol.

I wouldn't say he has gotten better. If anything, he has played a pretty bad defensive game this year. He took a step backwards this season.

All it boils down to in my book...

I'm not expecting Whitney to come out and lay people out night after night, but I do expect him to eventually play a solid and smart defensive game. That should be expected from every well-paid defenseman in the league. If Whitney goes the rest of the season without scoring a goal I wouldn't give a damn. Last season he was scoring goals, that was nice, but I respected his defensive game and how he rounded out that aspect of his game more than his offensive abilities. After this season, Whitney should watch film on Larry Murphy.

Lindy Ruff said it best when it comes to a defenseman... "You can't lose focus on being a defender first. ... You defend first, then you take your options after that.".

Thankfully, Ryan Whitney still has time to round out his game and become a very solid two-way defenseman. He will not be traded. I'm not ready for another Sergei Zubov (reminds me of Letang if anybody) for Kevin Hatcher trade. Another one of Craig Patrick's brilliant trade moves from the past. :dang:

FWIW, I remember when we traded for Zubov. Many Penguin fans who jumped on after our two cup wins were having heart attacks. Gave up an aging veteran defenseman like Ulf Samuelsson who won two Stanley Cups in Pittsburgh and Luc Robitaille for a younger Sergei Zubov and a younger Petr Nedved. Gave up the aging good to get the better. Patrick had the right idea with that trade (trading old for new), but unfortunately he eventually screwed it up by giving Zubov away for free.

And yes SCM, Philly sucks. The city sucks (although I like South Philly), the fans suck and the teams suck. :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2008, 11:18 PM

At this point (taking into consideration the injuries we have taken), I'll take the two points however we can get them. I'm just happy we are winning with Sid, Roberts, Fleury and Eaton on the shelf. If it means looking like shit for two periods and then turning it on in the third to get the two points, then they can be my guest.

The majority of fans and media heads felt this team was going to completely bomb after we took those injuries and that was completely understandable. Nine times out of ten a team normally does spiral (at least to some degree) after taking those hits. Some of the fans I heard call in on local sports shows and on sports boards who automatically came out and stated "all will be fine" (while not mentioning any reasons why they feel all will be fine) are the ones I have to question. Something tells me if Sidney Crosby lost his leg and if Malkin lost his arm those same people would say "all will be fine", so go figure. :coffee:

Anyways, obviously I would love to see them fly out of the gates and score the first two goals instead of letting in the first two, but I say get the two points however you can until we get others back in the line up. Just hold the fort until reinforcements arrive.

83-Steelers-43
02-20-2008, 11:25 PM
:cheers:

It's Conklin's net until his play says otherwise
By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, February 21, 2008

It was a comeback that had been jump-started by Colby Armstrong and completed by a Kevin Stevens-esque drive to the net by Ryan Malone.

But it was goaltender Ty Conklin who made all of the late-game heroics Tuesday night against Florida relevant.

"We're almost at that time that we're saying we're used to getting good performances from him," Penguins coach Michel Therrien said after an improbable 3-2 triumph.

Almost?

Conklin reported for practice Wednesday as the author of a 16-4-3 record (16-4-2 as a starter) and in possession of the best save percentage in the NHL (.932).
Since he arrived in December, Conklin has conquered every obstacle that's confronted him except one -- the Zamboni entrance behind the net he defends twice at Mellon Arena, the one that periodically interferes with Conklin's stick and his much-heralded puck-handling ability.

Still, it's Conklin's puck-stopping ability that's really made the difference.

That, and the obvious confidence he inspires in his teammates.

And the leadership Conklin provides.

That being the case, we're well past that time where someone should be saying Conklin is the Penguins' No. 1 goaltender, period.

But that someone will not be Conklin.

"That's not for me to decide," he said.

Therrien wasn't around Wednesday, having beaten an early retreat to Montreal to deal with a passport issue in advance of tonight's game against the Canadiens.

He hasn't issued a definitive statement regarding a pecking order in net following the impending return of Marc-Andre Fleury.

Conklin's play has earned such a reaffirmation of faith, to the extent that Fleury shouldn't be a factor in the equation under any circumstances other than an unforeseen Conklin meltdown.

The Penguins haven't been confronted with a more obvious response to an unanticipated dilemma since the outset of last season, when they were trying to decide what to do with Jordan Staal.

When he gets back, Fleury's the backup, period.

Any attempt to allow Fleury to re-establish himself as more than that will come at Conklin's expense, and that's a luxury the Pens can't afford heading into the stretch run.

Conklin's start Tuesday night was his 22nd in the Pens' past 27 games.

The past two occasions on which Conklin didn't start involved back-to-back games.

Conklin has been treated like a No. 1 goalie since mid-December, and he's responded as such.

To mess with his rhythm and routine would be to mess with the man who is stopping a higher percentage of pucks than anyone else in the NHL.

And for what?

To "find out" about Fleury?

The Penguins already have found out all they need to know about Conklin.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_553461.html

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:19 AM
From Eklund, as always (with any rumor), take it for what it's worth...

Another source close to another situation is telling me that there is a belief out there that Jay McKee may either be traded to, or get picked up on, re-entry waivers by the Penguins if he is in position to be grabbed. (Important to note that Jay is not even on Waivers as of now...and this could be a straight out trade...I am hearing both theories)

I would think this would be a stellar move for the Penguins who would get a shot blocker who brings the same sorts of leadership qualities and playoff that Gary Roberts brought them last season. The Penguins also have an interest in Peca, as do the Minnesota Wild (who also are in the Jokinen sweeps)

A few people are telling me that the waiver wire is a strategy that we may see some more of over the next 72 hours. Trades being set-up through waivers.

One thing that is certain...everything is very chaotic right now.

Every source is anxious and tempers are quite short at teams..

Jay McKee, eh. I would still rather have a more punishing type defenseman (age: mid to upper 20's) who plays a solid defense and can contribute offensively from time to time, but it's not a big deal to me if he doesn't contribute offensively. Really don't care. Hit hard, make players fear you and clear the front of the net.

Peca is old and has had injury problems, but he does win faceoffs, something this team has desperately needed for some time now. Get him on the cheap and have a Staal-Peca-Armstrong line? I'm still not crazy about rental players though.

And more....

Shero is making a strong pitch for an unkown impact player. Could be a significant deal with a roster player, prospect and draft choice going the other way. I'm not going to speculate who that may be until I receive some more info.

http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/

Borski
02-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Any word or estimates on when Crosby will be back?

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Any word or estimates on when Crosby will be back?

It was orginally stated that his return would take 6-8 weeks. It has been five weeks. Rumors recently started flying around Pittsburgh that he could return earlier because he started full contact practices. Up to this point, Crosby has shot those rumors down time and time again.

I'm hoping he takes the three more weeks instead of rushing back.

Lord Stiller
02-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Trading deadline is tuesday.

It would be nice to get a scoring winger but I think its more important to get a tough as nails defenseman

Borski
02-21-2008, 03:34 PM
It was orginally stated that his return would take 6-8 weeks. It has been five weeks. Rumors recently started flying around Pittsburgh that he could return earlier because he started full contact practices. Up to this point, Crosby has shot those rumors down time and time again.

I'm hoping he takes the three more weeks instead of rushing back.

I'm kinda hoping he'll be back by March 4th, cause I want to see him play, I'm going to that game. but only if he is healthy, being healthy is more important.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm kinda hoping he'll be back by March 4th, cause I want to see him play, I'm going to that game. but only if he is healthy, being healthy is more important.

Max Talbot learned about that the hard way.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Max Talbot learned about that the hard way.

That's why IMO, even if he is feeling good I would make him rest it for the full eight weeks in order to make sure he is completely healed.

Like I said, there was some talk going around that he could play this upcoming weekend. Not smart at all. At least let him rest it for the full eight weeks.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Trading deadline is tuesday.

Yep and March is going to be a very interesting month.

There is a total of fifteen games in the month of March and two in the month of April. Ten of those games are division rivals, including the final eight games.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Sabourin is getting the start tonight. It was just reported on Sports Beat. There is only one reason I can think of for starting Sabourin over King Conk...

They are showcasing Sabourin (maybe to Tampa?) for a trade.

It's not like we are playing back to back games. I can understand starting Sabourin against Ottawa on the 23rd and then throwing Conklin back in there on the 24th.

According to Bob Errey, I shouldn't be surprised. Well Bob, I am unless we are in fact showcasing him tonight. I really don't care what Sabourin did the last time he was in net. I care about what Conklin has done for the last two games and that was nothing short of saving our ass and keeping us in games that we had no business winning.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 06:27 PM
They interviewed Therrien and his reasoning behind starting Sabourin tonight is for two reasons....

1) Sabourin is from Montreal. Apparently Therrien cares more about where players are from instead of going with the hot hand. News to me.

2) The way he played the last time he was up in Montreal. Apparently Therrien cares more about what a player did thirteen games ago instead of going with the hot hand. News to me.

But like I said, if this ends up being a showcase game for Sabourin, I'm all for it....

Alrighty then. Well, game on. Get the two.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Brooks Orpik is killing Ryder in the first. Beautiful checks and great pressure/positioning. It's nice to see SOMEBODY on that defense knock around some heads.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
1-0 Penguins. Shot from the point by Whitney and Talbot got a piece of it. Good job of bringing the puck back to the point, placing a good shot on net and putting bodies in front of Huet.

BTW, Malkin got the assist. He is now two up on Ovechkin.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Hell just froze over. Gonchar just put a hell of a hit on Kostitsyn. Very nice hit. Got the angle on him and took him out. I almost fell out of my chair and choked on my beer after seeing that.

Pens are playing physical (expected it from Orpik) tonight, but the Habs are putting on some major pressure. Fun hockey game to watch. First period up to this point has been some good hockey.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Hell just froze over. Gonchar just put a hell of a hit on Kostitsyn. Very nice hit. Got the angle on him and took him out. I almost fell out of my chair and choked on my beer after seeing that.

Pens are playing physical (expected it from Orpik) tonight, but the Habs are putting on some major pressure. Fun hockey game to watch. First period up to this point has been some good hockey.

We need another goal going into the break.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:04 PM
time to go on the power play. We have to take advantage of it.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:08 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHOOTS AND SCORES!

Nice job Jarkko. 2-0.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 07:08 PM
2-0 Pens after a Ruutu goal. Nice. Taking the 2-0 lead after one. That should help momentum going into the second.

The Duke
02-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Ruutu scores!!

keep it going!

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Minus giving up a few odd-man rushes, the Penguins have come to play tonight. Forwards are having trouble getting back at times. Good first period. Keep it up.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Let's have a good 2nd period.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Pathetic Defense.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 07:34 PM
2-1. Koivu with the goal. Sydor was completely out-played and over-powered. Go figure. Somebody explain to me why he sports an "A".

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:39 PM
3-1!!!!!! Malone has just scored number 20.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Malone scores to make it 3-1. How else? By going to the net and using his frame.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Malone scores to make it 3-1. How else? By going to the net and using his frame.

he finally decided to use it this year.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 07:53 PM
One too many passes on the 3 on 1. Malkin should've let it rip. Bad time to take a penalty, particulary against a team who has the #1 ranked PP.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Let's kill the penalty here. Can't give Montreal momentum going into the 3rd.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Montreal makes it 3-2. Higgins with the goal. Montreal players camped out in front of Sabourin untouched.

Hopefully someday we will have a physical defenseman who clear the front of the net or we can continue watching teams park and shoot in the slot untouched. Someday maybe?

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Well, whatta ya know? Bad D and we just go 3-2.

The Duke
02-21-2008, 07:58 PM
well there goes the momentum....

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 08:18 PM
well there goes the momentum....

And the lead to.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Tie game. Unbelievable. Ryder with the goal and now we have to kill a Hab PP.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 08:22 PM
And this team continues to shit their pants.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Hamrlik with the goal. 4-3 Montreal. Keep going at this rate and we will end up seeing Conklin tonight.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Malkin get's called for the high stick.

Kovalev trips him and there's no call.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Hamrlik with the goal. 4-3 Montreal. Keep going at this rate and we will end up seeing Conklin tonight.

Next Montreal Goal, Bring him in. Get him ready for Saturday against Ottawa.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:33 PM
And Sydor is down with an injury after getting plowed over by Ryder.

I'm just throwing this out there, but where in the hell is Laraque tonight? While Malkin is getting slapped around and we are getting physically beaten, where is our "enforcer"? Just wondering.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Come on guys, get your act together.

And Sydor is down.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Malkin ties it up!!! 4-4.

SteelCityMan786
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHOOTS AND SCORES!

Nice work Evgeni. He smoked that one like a Bad Cigar.

4-4.

83-Steelers-43
I love it, Montreal fans taunt him after he got the penalty and he comes back to haunt them. Sounds familiar.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Pens PP coming on up. Nice. Let's go boys!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Gonchar scores on the PP. WOOOHOOOO!!!

Congratulations to him on his 600th career point.

SteelCityMan786
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHOOTS AND SCORES!

SERGEI!!!!!!!! And the Penguins Lead it 5-4.

SteelCityMan786
Where's that Offense again? We need a goal again.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 08:42 PM
PP COMING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Put them away on this PP opportunity.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Man, imagine these two in a playoff meeting? If it would be anything like tonight, my heart wouldn't be able to take it. Fun game, just frustrating.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Man, imagine these two in a playoff meeting? If it would be anything like tonight, my heart wouldn't be able to take it. Fun game, just frustrating.

This is going to be a fight to the end.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Come on guys. Have to score the empty netter.

83-Steelers-43
02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Good win. As long as we got out of there with the two. Player of the game tonight in my opinion, Ryan Malone. Played both ends tonight. Cleaned up his own zone and broke up a few Hab rushes tonight, add on the goal and assist.

Well, come back home and play Ottawa and San Jose.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Good win. As long as we got out of there with the two. Player of the game tonight in my opinion, Ryan Malone. Played both ends tonight. Cleaned up his own zone and broke up a few Hab rushes tonight, add on the goal and assist.

Well, come back home and play Ottawa and San Jose.

2 Crucial Games. But it will be good for them to get a good game in this weekend for both games.

83-Steelers-43
02-22-2008, 02:39 AM
Fleury:

There is not likely to be a goaltender controversy when Marc-Andre Fleury returns from a conditioning assignment in the AHL.

Coach Michel Therrien is adamant that "performance will dictate play," and goaltender Ty Conklin -- 16-4-3, 2.18 goals-against average, .932 save percentage -- is performing as well as any goalie in the league.

Still, Fleury has impressed while with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He is 3-1-0 with a 1.51 GAA and .951 save percentage after stopping 27-of-29 shots against Hershey on Wednesday.

Fleury, who has not played in an NHL game since Dec. 6 due to a high right ankle sprain, was assigned to the AHL on Feb. 10. His conditioning assignment can last only two weeks, and Therrien said the Penguins will discuss Fleury's immediate future today.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_553695.html

Crosby:

Crosby's return still up in air

Crosby, who got his high ankle sprain five weeks ago tonight, is scheduled to resume skating today, although it is not clear if he will do so on his own or as part of the Penguins' practice.

Team officials insist that Crosby being off skates for the past few days does not indicate his recovery has hit a snag -- "He's progressing really well," coach Michel Therrien said -- although some who believe his return could be pushed back to the 6-8 week time frame issued shortly after he was injured.

Crosby had said Sunday that he felt "it's possible" he could be back in uniform in less than six weeks.

Therrien would say only that "we don't know when he's going to come back yet, but he's getting closer and closer." He added that having Crosby stay off skates the past few days was "part of the rehab. You can't be on the ice and battling every day with that type of injury."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08053/859537-61.stm

Christensen:

Slow recovery

Forward Erik Christensen was among the last players off the ice following a morning skate in Montreal on Thursday. He did not appear to favor a bruised right shoulder but did not dress for a fourth consecutive game.

The Penguins are optimistic Christensen will return next week.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_553695.html

Roberts:

Q: I was wondering about the status of Gary Roberts. I seem to recall March being the target for his return, yet I haven't heard anything about him joining the team in practice.

Robert Schultz, North Hills

MOLINARI: You haven't heard much news about Roberts, who has been out since breaking his fibula Dec. 29, lately because there simply hasn't been any.

Roberts is skating occasionally, although not every day, and has yet to practice with his teammates. He also has not set a target date for returning to the lineup.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08053/859324-125.stm

Lord Stiller
02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Roberts probably won't be back to just before the playoffs

Crosby probably in a week

Fleury will probably be back after the trade deadline so we can carry 3 goalies. which means Sabo could start again on Sunday :jawdrop:

SteelCityMan786
02-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Roberts probably won't be back to just before the playoffs

Crosby probably in a week

Fleury will probably be back after the trade deadline so we can carry 3 goalies. which means Sabo could start again on Sunday :jawdrop:

I think I'd probably start him against San Jose Sunday for sure. Saturday we play Ottawa which is crucial towards the playoffs. After Sunday, they play 2/26 @ NY Islanders, 2/28 @ Boston, 3/1 @ Ottawa, 3/2 Atlanta, 3/4 @ Tampa Bay, 3/6 @ Florida, 3/9 @ Washington, and 3/12 Buffalo. A Very critical stretch, but also a WINABLE one.

HometownGal
02-22-2008, 10:39 AM
I think I'd probably start him against San Jose Sunday for sure. Saturday we play Ottawa which is crucial towards the playoffs.

Conks definitely has to be the man in the net agains tthe Sens on Saturday - no ifs, ands or buts. Back to backers this weekend, so I agree Sabo should start on Sunday against the Sharks.

Nice win by the Pens last night and Sarge gets the game-winner! :cheers: Congrats Sergei on your 600th career point! :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
02-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Conks definitely has to be the man in the net agains tthe Sens on Saturday - no ifs, ands or buts. Back to backers this weekend, so I agree Sabo should start on Sunday against the Sharks.

Nice win by the Pens last night and Sarge gets the game-winner! :cheers: Congrats Sergei on your 600th career point! :thumbsup:

Congrats to Gonchar. He is showing even at age 33, he can still fight with the young folks of today's game. Though I have said he's getting up in age, that hasn't stopped Mark Recchi from playing now has it?

Keep up the good work Sergei. Here's to the next 600 points.

83-Steelers-43
02-22-2008, 10:59 AM

I can easily see Conklin starting Saturday and Fleury starting in net on Sunday.

X-Terminator
02-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I think I'd probably start him against San Jose Sunday for sure. Saturday we play Ottawa which is crucial towards the playoffs. After Sunday, they play 2/26 @ NY Islanders, 2/28 @ Boston, 3/1 @ Ottawa, 3/2 Atlanta, 3/4 @ Tampa Bay, 3/6 @ Florida, 3/9 @ Washington, and 3/12 Buffalo. A Very critical stretch, but also a WINABLE one.

6 of 8 on the road after this weekend against teams fighting for playoff berths with the exception of TB. A critical stretch indeed. The Pens had be ready to play from the opening faceoff in all of those games, because I expect all of those teams to come out firing.

Lord Stiller, the Pens can't keep Fleury in WBS past tomorrow, so I see him starting Sunday against the Sharks.

SteelCityMan786
02-22-2008, 09:47 PM
6 of 8 on the road after this weekend against teams fighting for playoff berths with the exception of TB. A critical stretch indeed. The Pens had be ready to play from the opening faceoff in all of those games, because I expect all of those teams to come out firing.

Lord Stiller, the Pens can't keep Fleury in WBS past tomorrow, so I see him starting Sunday against the Sharks.

A Fleury sighting Sunday is VERY likely in my opinion. I think that they want him to get his land legs back under him for when he does take it full time. Right now if they do keep 3, they will have a pretty decent trio. But more then likely we will send Sabo to WBS.

pittsburghp8baller
02-23-2008, 09:11 AM
February 21, 2008 | 11:59am ET
Penguins after Ruutu, Havlat
TheFourthPeriod.com

As the Pittsburgh Penguins continue their search for a top-line winger to play alongside Sidney Crosby, their hunt appears to have focused on two Chicago players.
The Penguins are believed to be very interested in Blackhawks' forwards Tuomo Ruutu and Martin Havlat.

Sources tell TFP the Blackhawks are willing to move Havlat, only if they receive a player of equal or better talent in return.

It's believed the Penguins are willing to package Jordan Staal in a deal to Chicago in exchange for the two wingers.

The Penguins and Blackhawks have been heavily scouting one another over the past few games, a source said.

to be honest, if havlat was a consistently healthy player and t. ruutu was a overall consistent player id do that in a heart beat. i love staal, but the chance to get a 100 point getter and a person who will in the end put in the same numbers as staal id do it in a heart beat

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 09:32 AM
FWIW, the Staal for Havlat-Ruutu trade was brought up a few pages back...http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=367987&highlight=Havlat#post367987

This team is not going to trade Jordan Staal. Definately not for a guy who has 6 goals on the year and definately not for a guy who has the talent, but can't stay healthy long enough to use it for the good of the team.

Also, forget the fact that Havlat can't stay healthy, we would have a 6 million dollar hit against the cap. If we plan on throwing that type of money around for a forward to play with Sid we might as well throw it towards a more talented and a less injury prone Marian Hossa.

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 09:37 AM
A Fleury sighting Sunday is VERY likely in my opinion. I think that they want him to get his land legs back under him for when he does take it full time. Right now if they do keep 3, they will have a pretty decent trio. But more then likely we will send Sabo to WBS.

It's really a no brainer in my opinion. We have back to back games and you have to get Fleury some playing time. With Conklin being our starting goalie, Sunday is a better time than any for Fleury to get some pucks thrown at him. Also, if we send Sabourin to WBS, I don't see him making it. He won't clear waivers. That's why I was/still am hoping for some type of trade. At least attempt to get something for him instead of giving him away for nothing like we did last season.

IMO, this situation is going to be good for Fleury. He never really had a legitimate threat pushing him for the starting job. Last year we had Thibault, but Fleury had the starting job locked. I think this will help him work a little harder. Conklin could end up being the best thing that ever happened to Fleury.

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Well no shit? It's February 19. He has stated time and time again that he's not ready to return, why bother wasting the ink and paper? The first time he stepped foot on the ice since his injury he stated he's not close to returning.

Let him heal completely.

Thank you Gene Collier.....

The original estimate for full recovery was six to eight weeks. It's barely been five, and still the pressure to explain himself has been relentless. I think this week it's finally started to irritate him a bit, and I don't blame him.

The media's almost infantile are-we-there-yet are-we-there-yet are-we-there-yet badgering of Sid, and its constant updating of injuries (mostly unchanged) in all sports is worth some self-examination.

"How's it feeling?"

"Making progress?"

"Skating today?"

"Target date?"

"How it's feeling?"

"Full practice?"

"Coming along?"

"Is there maybe a target date to set a target date?"

Mind you, this is not after eight weeks. This was after four weeks, after three weeks, after two weeks.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08054/859877-150.stm

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Should be a fun game today. Both the Trib and the PPG have Emery as the starter for Ottawa, but the Trib went on to state that it's still up in the air on who get's the nob come 3:00. While the Sens may still have the most potent first line in hockey, Ottawa's goaltending problem is a definate plus for us today and hopefully we take advantage of the opportunity.

I'm hoping Ottawa decides to go with Emery. The guy is mentally weak, nevermind his pathetic attitude and questionable work ethic. Get up by two goals and he's rattled. I hope we torch him today. A little over two and half hours until the puck drops!!

pittsburghp8baller
02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
FWIW, the Staal for Havlat-Ruutu trade was brought up a few pages back...http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=367987&highlight=Havlat#post367987

This team is not going to trade Jordan Staal. Definately not for a guy who has 6 goals on the year and definately not for a guy who has the talent, but can't stay healthy long enough to use it for the good of the team.

Also, forget the fact that Havlat can't stay healthy, we would have a 6 million dollar hit against the cap. If we plan on throwing that type of money around for a forward to play with Sid we might as well throw it towards a more talented and a less injury prone Marian Hossa.

i didnt see it. couple weeks ago wasnt keeping up with the thread. like i said the only way id pull the trigger is if havlat was able to stay healthy which he hasnt proved it. ruutu is a much better goal scorer than his 6 goals indicate. he is a 20-25 goal scorer (ive heard many hear mention that is wat staal max) and a possible 30 goal on the same line with sid or geno

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 11:46 AM
While I know Ruutu is capable of bringing you 20-25 goals, he doesn't bring to the table what Staal brings and will bring to the table. A huge frame, a long reach and very good PK abilities. In the long run, I'll keep Staal.

Eitherway, I'm not (and neither is Shero going by his comments) willing to trade Staal. The kid is still very young and very raw. He has already shown what he is capable of doing on the ice during his rookie year. It's going to take time. I've heard many already giving up on this kid and it's amazing. He hasn't even hit 21 years of age. I just have a very hard time coming to terms with the fact of giving up on a kid who is a former first round pick.

Some people (not saying you) are expecting every single first round draft prospect to come right on in and start lighting the lamp like Sid and Geno (it's already starting with Esposito...Where is he? Why isn't he here yet?). Truth be told, Staal wasn't a prolific goal scorer in juniors. IMO, in the future, he will net us some goals while also bringing other aspects of the game to this team. I think he's going to be special.

Lord Stiller
02-23-2008, 02:10 PM
has the game started yet?

it hasnt come up on Center Ice yet??

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Yes it has. Sykora scored. It's 1-0 Pens.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Nice stop by Ty on Vermette.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Going to need to bury some of these shots.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 02:41 PM
12 Shots on goal and we have only 1 scored. Wow. come on offense. We need a goal.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 02:42 PM
We can't let Ottawa hang around.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Scuderi appears hurt.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 02:47 PM
17-8 Shots on Goal. At least they're giving Ottawa all they can handle.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Time to get off to a fast start this period.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Got to score here.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Nice Job by Army. 2-0.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I guess Mrs. Malkin is now calling Evgeni, Geno.

The Duke
02-23-2008, 03:22 PM
nice job Staal

3-0!!

great game so far

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Nice hit by Malone. if only he could control the puck.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:29 PM
nice job Staal

3-0!!

great game so far

Actually that wasn't Staal who scored. It was Taffe.

The Duke
02-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Actually that wasn't Staal who scored. It was Taffe.

yeah, my bad :dang:

don't let up defense!

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:40 PM
24-19 Shots on Goal. We must burry some of these shots early in the period.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah, my bad :dang:

don't let up defense!

Shit happens Duke. They're going to have to step things up defensively. They're not just going out and playing.

fansince'76
02-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, they still have the lead at this point, at least.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 03:54 PM
They're going to need a Strong 3rd Period.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 04:20 PM
We MUST Score here.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Way to go Conk.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Where's that O? We need a goal.

fansince'76
02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Ouch.

The Duke
02-23-2008, 04:40 PM
man.....

oh well, great performance by the senators, props to them

our guys just weren't playing hard enough

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 04:46 PM
They blew it today. No way do you blow a 3-0 lead and all that momentum to a team like Ottawa.

They just better be ready to play tomorrow against San Jose. They sure ain't no walk in the park either.

HometownGal
02-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Just got home from the game. This one really hurt as the Pens totally dominated the Sens for a period and half, but seemed to let up midway through the second period. :dang: You can't go soft with a 3 goal lead against a team like the Sens and there is no way an offensive weapon like Heatley should be left wide open in front of the net. Both Emery and Conks made some great saves, but in the end the Sens got the game winner. We get a point, but no way in hell did we want to give the Sens 2. :dang:

We host the Sharks tomorrow and hopefully the Pens will play hard for 3 periods and come out with a W.

pittsburghp8baller
02-23-2008, 06:15 PM
[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43;369302]
Some people (not saying you) are expecting every single first round draft prospect to come right on in and start lighting the lamp like Sid and Geno (it's already starting with Esposito...Where is he? Why isn't he here yet?). QUOTE]

im one of the people defending staal when they keep attacking him. Staal is a incrediable talent for someone for a 19 year old. as someone whos job it is to evaluate people i kno that not to expect so much from a 19 year old who never was a big goal scorer in the juniors. talents like sid and geno come along once every so often and jus because we drafted in back to back years doesnt mean that every one of our first round picks will make a big a splash their first year

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Just got home from the game. This one really hurt as the Pens totally dominated the Sens for a period and half, but seemed to let up midway through the second period. :dang: You can't go soft with a 3 goal lead against a team like the Sens and there is no way an offensive weapon like Heatley should be left wide open in front of the net. Both Emery and Conks made some great saves, but in the end the Sens got the game winner. We get a point, but no way in hell did we want to give the Sens 2. :dang:

We host the Sharks tomorrow and hopefully the Pens will play hard for 3 periods and come out with a W.

We'll just pick up and fight again.

83-Steelers-43
02-23-2008, 07:52 PM
No excuse to blow that type of lead and not take advantage of the opportunities given to us today. After our first goal, Emery appeared to be rattled. He was giving up rebounds and he didn't look comfortable in the crease.

We had PP chances and we did not take advantage of them. While I completely understand that Ottawa's first line is going to score on you, just come to terms with it, you can't let Danny H. run wild.

As for the defense, might as well put this sign up in front of our net...

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2668418/2/istockphoto_2668418_free_parking.jpg

Just a bad game.

SteelCityMan786
02-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Power Play needs a kick in the rear tomorrow against San Jose. Maybe if they can have a good game we won't be complaining. Thank god we at least have 1 point out of this. Still should have gotten 2.

pittsburghp8baller
02-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Penguins don't need blockbuster trade

By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, February 24, 2008

No, it wasn't pretty watching the Penguins blow a three-goal lead Saturday to the visiting Ottawa Senators in a 4-3 overtime loss.
But the game should have absolutely no bearing on general manager Ray Shero's mindset going into Tuesday's 3 p.m. trade deadline.

This loss was representative of nothing and need not have long-term implications, just as the Senators blowing a three-goal lead to the Penguins on home ice last March -- and losing two subsequent nail-biters to the Penguins -- didn't linger.

Relax.

And know this: Regardless of what happens before the trade deadline, no team is about to add more talent than the Penguins.
The roster influx will include the NHL's defending scoring champion (Sidney Crosby), a 40-game winner in goal (Marc-Andre Fleury) and a hardcore playoff specialist (Gary Roberts).

That's pretty a good deal for a team that has flourished of late -- yesterday's hiccup aside.

Could the Penguins use a scoring winger for Crosby? Of course. Vinny Prospal comes to mind as a potential rental player, and several reports have the Penguins pursuing Tuomo Ruutu, Jarkko's younger brother. That would be a logical move, because Tuomo - a top-line talent -- has underachieved (six goals in 58 games) and thus could be had for a reasonable return.

Remember, the bigger the name, the heftier the price. A future first-round pick or even last year's first-rounder, Angelo Esposito, should be in play. Jordan Staal should be off-limits. Core prospects, such as defenseman Alex Goligoski, must be retained.

At worst, Shero needs to find a physical defenseman and a maybe a faceoff specialist.

Meanwhile, though nearly a quarter of the season remains, it looks as if the Penguins have as good a chance as anyone in the wide-open Eastern Conference and will be a significantly better team than they were heading into last year's playoffs.

The top five reasons, in descending order:

5. Experience. The youngsters who form the nucleus of the club were shell-shocked last spring (remember the first period of the Ottawa series?). Now, they know what to expect.

4. Another option in goal. In all likelihood, you'll see plenty of Ty Conklin and Fleury before the season's final buzzer. A lot can happen in 20 games, plus the playoffs - which constitute another entire season.

3. More depth up front. Petr Sykora was an excellent offseason addition who thrived in an expanded role when Crosby went down. He gives the Penguins an entirely different look from what Ottawa saw last season. Ask Senators goalie Ray Emery, who still hasn't reacted to Sykora's rifle blast from the left circle at 1:47 of the first period yesterday. Ryan Malone has solidified himself as a legit top-six forward. Tyler Kennedy adds youthful vigor and a decent scoring touch in place of last year's late-season burnout, Mark Recchi. Several role players will generate a healthy competition for available ice time.

2. Upgraded defense. The puck won't stay buried in the Penguins' end as long because guys like Kris Letang and Darryl Sydor can move it quickly.

1. Evgeni Malkin. This time last year was about when Malkin started to fade - understandably so, given all he'd endured over the previous seven months, including his adjustment to the North American game. Now, he's a bona fide star and eager, one would assume, to prove it come playoff time.

The Penguins might not reach last year's regular-season total of 105 points, but they should be steeled for a better playoff run, no matter what happens by 3 p.m. Tuesday.

he brings up a good point. every1 knows wat the younger ruutu is capable of; and with him underachecving this year we might get him cheaper than if he was having a good year. we could get a good first two line winger for a very cheap price

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 08:25 AM
Shero would love to acquire Martin Havlat but a deal for him looks remote at this moment. Teams are shying away from Havlat and the Penguins and Canadiens are the only teams that have shown significant interest in Havlat. I've been told Shero has balked at the Blackhawks demands of Angelo Esposito and although talks are at a stalemate, they are not dead, a Penguins source has indicated. Now the Penguins are expected to take a run at Vaclav Prospal but there are eight to nine other teams in the Prospal sweepstakes. Prospal's value is high for a mid-tier player.

The San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche have been scouting Brooks Oprik heavily in the past week. Orpik has been playing very well and despite his impending free agency, I don't see the Penguins moving him because of the Penguins lack of depth on the blueline.

I heard a rumor last night about the Penguins and Coyotes being linked. Forward Radim Vrbata and defenseman Brendan Bell coming to Pittsburgh. The Pengins remain interested in Barret Jackman but asking prices remain high. Right now indications are the Penguins are going to acquire a 6th or 7th defenseman for depth purposes. I'm waiting to hear back from a source in St.Louis about the latest on Barret Jackman. One thing is for certain and that is the Penguins have absolutely no interest in Jay McKee.

As I stated a few weeks ago, the Penguins have inquired about Pavol Demitra. The Bruins, Devils, Rangers and Stars have also inquired about his availability. The Wild are in a tricky situation. They are in first place but Demitra will not be returning next season. Speaking of the Wild, there are a lot rumblings speculating they are a player in the Sundin and Jokinen sweepstakes.

http://www.theinsideronpittsburghsports.com/

As for Starkey's article...

Penguins don't need blockbuster trade

If we want to win a cup this season we do.

And know this: Regardless of what happens before the trade deadline, no team is about to add more talent than the Penguins.

The roster influx will include the NHL's defending scoring champion (Sidney Crosby), a 40-game winner in goal (Marc-Andre Fleury) and a hardcore playoff specialist (Gary Roberts).

And last time I checked, Fleury, Roberts and Crosby are not defenseman.

That's pretty a good deal for a team that has flourished of late -- yesterday's hiccup aside.

It's a different game come playoff time. Didn't we learn that last season when we were physically dominated by the Senators? The same team we had our "hiccup" against yesterday afternoon.

Relax.

The one's who "relax", will be the same one's calling in after we get our behinds handed to us in the first round and asking, "Where was the defense?"...."Why was that guy permitted to stand in front of our net untouched?"..."Why didn't we look like we did back in February?".

pittsburghp8baller
02-24-2008, 08:34 AM
barret jackman is the kind of defense that we are looking for, when i heard that the pens were in talks to get him i got really excitied. but it seems the price is too high. of the three vrbata, vinny prospal and demitra id go after prospal. demitra is good but he is not exactly wat we are looking for. iv seen vrbata play and is his alright but id rather go for the other two first before id settle on vrbata

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Shero would love to acquire Martin Havlat but a deal for him looks remote at this moment. Teams are shying away from Havlat and the Penguins and Canadiens are the only teams that have shown significant interest in Havlat. I've been told Shero has balked at the Blackhawks demands of Angelo Esposito and although talks are at a stalemate, they are not dead, a Penguins source has indicated.

Maybe I'm being stubborn with Havlat, but I'm hoping that there is zero truth to this rumor.

Now the Penguins are expected to take a run at Vaclav Prospal but there are eight to nine other teams in the Prospal sweepstakes. Prospal's value is high for a mid-tier player.

I'm sure there will be a nice bidding war for Prospal, but that should be expected when your going after a player of his caliber. He's still relatively young and on the right line he will net you goals. I would love to have him.

The San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche have been scouting Brooks Oprik heavily in the past week. Orpik has been playing very well and despite his impending free agency, I don't see the Penguins moving him because of the Penguins lack of depth on the blueline.

And once again, he's the ONLY defenseman we have that has a pair of stugots and is willing to throw his body around.

I heard a rumor last night about the Penguins and Coyotes being linked. Forward Radim Vrbata and defenseman Brendan Bell coming to Pittsburgh.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vrbata in a Pens jersey. He's still young and is sporting 27 goals, 23 assists and a +10 on a lackluster Coyote's team.

Bell seems like a work in progress. I believe he's only around 23 years old and has only had one or two years experience. I'm not sure how much he will contribute on the d-line this year.

The Pengins remain interested in Barret Jackman but asking prices remain high.

Minus having some problems with a shoulder injury, I would love to have him. Plays a physical and smart defense. A picture perfect defensive defenseman who is only 26.

One thing is for certain and that is the Penguins have absolutely no interest in Jay McKee.

Thank God. That's all I gotta say.

As I stated a few weeks ago, the Penguins have inquired about Pavol Demitra. The Bruins, Devils, Rangers and Stars have also inquired about his availability.

I would rather have the younger, more productive and less injury prone Vrabata. Demitra is a concussion waiting to happen.

Lord Stiller
02-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Orpik has been playing well and is our most physical guy. Trading him would be STUPID. He should be resigned

We should def. pursue Jackman. What exactly is the asking price? gotta negotiate that one

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 09:18 AM
We should def. pursue Jackman. What exactly is the asking price? gotta negotiate that one

I have no idea what St. Louis is asking for in return for Jackman, but I'm sure it's going to cost us for his services. Unfortunately, we are not dealing with Craig Patrick.

I'm just throwing this out there....

Chicago is supposedly asking for Esposito/Havlat. I would not bite on that deal. Havlat is an injury waiting to happen.

A deal I would dangle in front of St. Louis is Esposito/Jackman. We might have to throw in something else, but I would entertain the offer if St. Louis is willing to hear it out. How many first round forwards do we need? Trading a work in progress and a position in which we are set for some time for a proven DD who is still in his mid 20's. This team is going to need a proven DD at some point.

Depending on what St. Louis is asking for, I would dangle it out there. I'm not stating that we should give them half our damn roster, but throw it out there. That's just me though.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Orpik has been playing well and is our most physical guy. Trading him would be STUPID. He should be resigned

To get rid of Orpik now would be more then stupid. He's the only true defensive defensemen.

Jackman I can't answer.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 09:41 AM
To get rid of Orpik now would be more then stupid. He's the only true defensive defensemen.

Jackman I can't answer.

I don't get it SCM. It seems like the rumors involving Orpik stem from the supposed stormy relationship between him and Therrien.

I hear "Orpik is on the block because him and Therrien do not get along.".

If there is any truth to this rumor, so what if they don't get along? Therrien tends to play favorites and not all players like their coaches. There's breaking news. Is that a reason to trade him? Let's get rid of our only DD who throws his body around simply because Therrien doesn't like him. I'm hoping Shero is not that dumb.

Ask a few down in Tampa Bay about how they feel about John Tortorella or how many felt about Scotty Bowman. Scotty was chased out of this city because there was tension between Bowman and certain players.

Craig Patrick got on his knees and let certain high-profile players dictate who they wanted. Bowman brought this team a cup and they turned around and basically got rid of him. How many cups did we win after that? The same thing occured with Kevin Constantine. Certain players didn't like him, Patrick fired him.

Thankfully, I believe Shero is smarter and mentally stronger than Patrick. He won't let the players dictate who the HC happens to be and he won't let a coach dictate who he should or shouldn't trade simply because the player and the coach supposedly do not get along.

It's not like Orpik is physically fighting with his own teammates during practices, showing up late for practices or having a hissy fit while throwing his stick in the bleachers like Ray Emery.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Also, it looks like Sabourin is getting the nod for today's game. I still think they are showcasing him for a trade instead of giving Fleury some time in net. That's the only other reason I can think of for starting him in net today and against Montreal a few days ago.

At least that's what I strongly hope they are doing with Sabourin today.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Also, it looks like Sabourin is getting the nod for today's game. I still think they are showcasing him for a trade instead of giving Fleury some time in net. That's the only other reason I can think of for starting him in net today and against Montreal a few days ago.

At least that's what I strongly hope they are doing with Sabourin today.

I don't see how we're going to be able to send him down to WBS without having someone snatch him up on waivers.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I don't see how we're going to be able to send him down to WBS without having someone snatch him up on waivers.

Like I said, I do not see him clearing waivers. He didn't clear waivers last year, why would he clear them this year? After playing more games this season at the NHL level compared to last year and establishing himself to a degree as a somewhat solid back up goaltender.

We only have two other options. Trade him and at least get something for him or carry three goalies which I'm not crazy about at all. There is no need for a team to have three goalies on a roster. It's dumb.

IMO, trade him and get what you can for him.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't get it SCM. It seems like the rumors involving Orpik stem from the supposed stormy relationship between him and Therrien.

I hear "Orpik is on the block because him and Therrien do not get along.".

If there is any truth to this rumor, so what if they don't get along? Therrien tends to play favorites and not all players like their coaches. There's breaking news. Is that a reason to trade him? Let's get rid of our only DD who throws his body around simply because Therrien doesn't like him. I'm hoping Shero is not that dumb.

Ask a few down in Tampa Bay about how they feel about John Tortorella or how many felt about Scotty Bowman. Scotty was chased out of this city because there was tension between Bowman and certain players.

Craig Patrick got on his knees and let certain high-profile players dictate who they wanted. Bowman brought this team a cup and they turned around and basically got rid of him. How many cups did we win after that? The same thing occured with Kevin Constantine. Certain players didn't like him, Patrick fired him.

Thankfully, I believe Shero is smarter and mentally stronger than Patrick. He won't let the players dictate who the HC happens to be and he won't let a coach dictate who he should or shouldn't trade simply because the player and the coach supposedly do not get along.

It's not like Orpik is physically fighting with his own teammates during practices, showing up late for practices or having a hissy fit while throwing his stick in the bleachers like Ray Emery.

I don't get it either 83. Sure Orpik doesn't score goals. But I didn't think that was part of the job description for defensemen. Last I checked they were supposed to get the puck out of their zone, be aggressive against opponents, and set up Forwards for a shot at scoring. Nothing about scoring is in a Defensemen's job description. If they can, good for them.

Last I checked players shouldn't dictate in pro sports who there coach is when they play for a certain team. Sure Therrien was NOT the first choice of Shero, but he has done a fantastic job coaching the team. One day if he does so, they'll be thanking him that they have a Stanley Cup Ring.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Like I said, I do not see him clearing waivers. He didn't clear waivers last year, why would he clear them this year? After playing more games this season at the NHL level compared to last year and establishing himself to a degree as a somewhat solid back up goaltender.

We only have two other options. Trade him and at least get something for him or carry three goalies which I'm not crazy about at all. There is no need for a team to have three goalies on a roster. It's dumb.

IMO, trade him and get what you can for him.

I'd have to agree. Conklin and Fleury are the future with the Penguins at Goalie. Fleury has never had a true challenger to his throne. Conklin has shown he can challenge him for it. Although in some cases you may want a vet who can fill that roll, Sabo doesn't have as many year as Conklin left.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Personally, what upsets me to a degree is the attitude/stand the media (Starkey), some fans and the front office have taken with even the thought of the Penguins pulling off a respectable trade this year.

Particulary when we are playing in a conference that is up in the air and we are one or two players away from taking the number spot and making a very legitimate run at a cup win if the trigger is pulled for the right players.

Yet for some reason every time a certain player is brought up it's considered taboo. We can't trade Colby Armstrong because he's friends with Crosby and he makes people laugh. We can't trade Christensen because he can score on shootouts. We can't trade a veteran defenseman because we don't have enough offensive-minded defenseman for opposing forwards to skate around and use as parking spaces in front of Conklin. We can't trade Esposito because we don't have enough former first round forwards (a late one at that) who are and continue to be a work in progress.

IMO, there are six players I would not trade in this organization for all the money in the world...Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Letang, Staal and Whitney. Other than those players I don't feel anybody involved with this organization should be considered completely off-limits when it comes to considering a possible trade.

I'm a fan of Ray Shero. Anthing is better than Craig Patrick, but the guy needs to be more aggressive at times. I know Shero is untouchable in some circles for some reason, but even Patrick had the balls to pull the trigger on the Cullen/Zalapski trade. Once again, I'm not asking that he trades away our whole future and everybody on our roster. I'm not asking that he blindly trades away players just to make a trade, but to completely shoot down ideas or the possibility of trading (insert players name here) is crazy in my opinion.

Lord Stiller
02-24-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm just throwing this out there....

Chicago is supposedly asking for Esposito/Havlat. I would not bite on that deal. Havlat is an injury waiting to happen.

I agree. I wouldnt trade Espo at all right now (he will be a very good player and twice as valuable next season) Plus Havlat is injury prone and a b1tch, remember he tried kicking someone?

Whitney for Jackman, throw in draft picks or some forwards....just get it done!

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
I agree. I wouldnt trade Espo at all right now (he will be a very good player and twice as valuable next season) Plus Havlat is injury prone and a b1tch, remember he tried kicking someone?

Whitney for Jackman, throw in draft picks or some forwards....just get it done!

I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with trading Whitney just yet LS...lol. Like I said, I would throw Esposito at them, see what they have to say and then go from there.

X-Terminator
02-24-2008, 01:00 PM

I believe the Blues want a top prospect or a 1st round draft pick in return for Jackman. He is also asking for $4-5 million per season in a new contract, and with his injury problems the past couple of seasons, he's not worth anywhere near that, IMO, and will definitely scare some teams off. If he'd lower his asking price, I'd certainly take a chance on him, because if he can stay healthy, he is exactly what we need - young, very physical and can chip in offensively. The guy won the Calder Trophy for a reason.

Trading Orpik right now would be just stupid beyond words. I agree he needs to be re-signed regardless of his rumored rift with Therrien.

Lord Stiller
02-24-2008, 01:02 PM
He is also asking for $4-5 million per season in a new contract, and with his injury problems the past couple of seasons, he's not worth anywhere near that, IMO, and will definitely scare some teams off. If he'd lower his asking price, I'd certainly take a chance on him, because if he can stay healthy, he is exactly what we need - young, very physical and can chip in offensively. The guy won the Calder Trophy for a reason.

oh, didnt realize the salary issues

damn, there is no easy solution :banging:

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 01:15 PM

A player of that caliber is going to cost money. Three years ago he played in 63 games, last year it was 70 and this year he has played in 57 games. He's on the right track....lol.

Personally, I would have no problem taking a gamble on him. It seems like nobody has a problem with Eaton going down every year for weeks and weeks at a time with some type of injury. Obviously Eaton does not cost as much, but Eaton is older and not in the same league as Jackman.

Jackman or Campbell would be a gift from heaven. A little over a half hour until game time!!! Wooohooo!!!

X-Terminator
02-24-2008, 01:18 PM

Well, apparently he has backed off of those demands and is willing to accept "market value":

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252:nhl-trade-rumor-roundup-for-february-24-2008&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=9

If that's the case, then Ray Shero had better be on the phone with John Davidson right now.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Btw, Conklin is getting the start today.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 02:13 PM
One of the zamboni's bit the dust. There is hydrolic fluid all over the ice. It looks like the zamboni ran over Iceburgh. There was a streak of red fluid from one end of the ice to the other.

Game is supposed to start in about ten minutes.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 02:27 PM
One of the zamboni's bit the dust. There is hydrolic fluid all over the ice. It looks like the zamboni ran over Iceburgh. There was a streak of red fluid from one end of the ice to the other.

Game is supposed to start in about ten minutes.

Hopefully they get a new one soon.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Ruutu needs to control himself. It's ridiculous.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 02:35 PM
One hell of a save. Keeping us in the game early.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Where's our offense? We need a goal and more shots on goal.

83-Steelers-43
02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Where's our offense? We need a goal and more shots on goal.

Right now, they are completely lost and out of it.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 02:55 PM
12-2 SJ on Shots on goal. Wow.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Good Try by Staal there.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Right now it could be worse.