PDA

View Full Version : Pens Tidbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

HometownGal
02-15-2009, 10:31 PM
No, Shero's job is safe, but he does deserve some criticism for the makeup of the team - let's face it, it isn't a good one. There's only so much the HC can do in that situation - he's trying to fit players into roles that they really aren't used to playing. And yes, some of the players tuning MT out didn't help either Overall, it just isn't a good situation and unfortunately, MT had to be the one to take the fall. But if you do decide not to renew your half of the season tickets, I'll understand.

EDIT: From what I've been reading, it looks like you are correct in your assumption - basically, The Brass caved to the players and fired MT because they weren't responding to him anymore. Crosby and Malkin, however, didn't seem to have any issues with him.

I really haven't decided 100% what I'm going to do, but I may just renew my seat and sell it each game - I'll take care of that. I'm fit to be tied right now that this organization - an organization I have supported with not only my hard earned dollars since the 70's, but with my heart - could cave into a bunch of disgruntled primadonnas (Sid and Geno as exceptions) who had a beef with a HC who coached them into the Stanley Cup finals last season. They sure didn't have a problem with him then did they? :mad: :mad: These players are paid handsomely to give 100% each and every game - they OWE it to us - the people who are paying their freakin' salaries.

I just heard Shero on a telephone interview from New York and he got the slipper treatment - both of 'em. Yeah, Shero - it was Therrien who was out there on that ice last night in Toronto and gave up a 2-0 lead. :banging:

X-Terminator
02-15-2009, 10:45 PM
I really haven't decided 100% what I'm going to do, but I may just renew my seat and sell it each game - I'll take care of that. I'm fit to be tied right now that this organization - an organization I have supported with not only my hard earned dollars since the 70's, but with my heart - could cave into a bunch of disgruntled primadonnas (Sid and Geno as exceptions) who had a beef with a HC who coached them into the Stanley Cup finals last season. They sure didn't have a problem with him then did they? :mad: :mad: These players are paid handsomely to give 100% each and every game - they OWE it to us - the people who are paying their freakin' salaries.

I just heard Shero on a telephone interview from New York and he got the slipper treatment - both of 'em. Yeah, Shero - it was Therrien who was out there on that ice last night in Toronto and gave up a 2-0 lead. :banging:

Actually many of the players didn't like him last year either, most notably Ruutu and Orpik, but they were winning, so you didn't hear much about it. Funny how that works, huh? Plus, the chemistry in the room was MUCH better last season - it was much more tight-knit and everyone played for everyone else. That has not been the case this season, and in fact there has been a lot of finger-pointing by players accusing others of not pulling their own weight, when they haven't been themselves. You also probably remember MT getting pissed earlier in the season when there was arguing on the bench during games. So yeah, the players themselves should be taking a LOT of heat for the problems this season.

HometownGal
02-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I'm not liking this move even though I kinda understand it. They should have just fired Yeo and Savard.

How could you possibly even consider liking this move, Eric? Shero fired a PROVEN winning coach!!!!

I was just listening to Pompeani's Nightly Sports Call and people are just outraged! Pompeani said that Shero is more to blame because he allowed some of our key pieces to the puzzle to leave - Malone, Ruutu, Hall, Laraques and spent way too much time trying to keep Hossa who screwed him (and us) in the end. Pompeani feels strongly that if the Pens don't turn this around under this new coach, Shero's neck is on the chopping block. Pompeani is totally against this move.

SteelCityMan786
02-15-2009, 10:57 PM
How could you possibly even consider liking this move, Eric? Shero fired a PROVEN winning coach!!!!

I was just listening to Pompeani's Nightly Sports Call and people are just outraged! Pompeani said that Shero is more to blame because he allowed some of our key pieces to the puzzle to leave - Malone, Ruutu, Hall, Laraques and spent way too much time trying to keep Hossa who screwed him (and us) in the end. Pompeani feels strongly that if the Pens don't turn this around under this new coach, Shero's neck is on the chopping block. Pompeani is totally against this move.

You might also remember that Therrien was not even Shero's guy. He was brought here when CP was still roaming the GMs office. But Shero did the right thing last year letting him come back. I just can't believe he left him go.

steelpride12
02-15-2009, 11:09 PM
WOW Shocked. Ok Therrien fired when he led us to the finals last season and had a pretty good record here. During the middle of the season!? Making the coach of the Baby Pens the interem, gosh i hope he is not permanant. Who is in the market for a coach?

X-Terminator
02-15-2009, 11:10 PM

I didn't say I did like it - I never like in-season coaching changes, especially this late in the season. I always felt that IF they were going to fire him, it wouldn't be until the end of the season if they didn't make the playoffs.

I do agree that Shero deserves blame but the decision to pursue Hossa goes straight to the desk of Mario Lemieux. He's the one who pushed for the deal to bring him here, and he was the one who pressed Shero to try to re-sign him in the off-season, and thus losing vital pieces of the puzzle on top of losing out on Hossa. I have to think if Mario fires Shero if they don't make the playoffs, then that is almost as unfair as firing Therrien.

EDIT: Some names that have come up as a possible replacement - Bylsma, Pat Quinn, John Tortorella and Peter Laviolette. If they go with anyone, I'd take Quinn or Torts. Torts would be interesting because his style isn't any different from Therrien's. He's a VERY demanding coach - I mean, the guy stripped Vincent Lecavalier, his franchise player, of the C in 2003 and gave it to Dave Andreychuk. He and Laviolette have also won Stanley Cups as HCs, and Quinn has several SCF apperances.

HometownGal
02-15-2009, 11:23 PM
You might also remember that Therrien was not even Shero's guy. He was brought here when CP was still roaming the GMs office. But Shero did the right thing last year letting him come back. I just can't believe he left him go.

I knew MT was not Shero's guy, but Therrien did a helluva job during his time here and the screw job he got was not only unwarranted, imho, but downright DIRTY POOL. I hope he is successful wherever he ends up and I can almost guarantee he will have a job - if not by season's end - next season.

XT - again, I'll have to disagree with you on Shero. He may have been relentlessly pursuing Hossa at Mario's direction, but he is still responsible for letting key pieces to the Pens successful puzzle last season walk away. While they were playing pattycake with Hossa, they lost opportunities to go after other good players who they may have been able to secure. God knows - I love Mario and respect the man tremendously, but mark my words - both he and Shero are going to regret this decision at some point. I still agree with Pompeani and a lot of the call-ins tonight - Shero's head will roll if this rookie HC doesn't turn things around.

X-Terminator
02-15-2009, 11:43 PM
I knew MT was not Shero's guy, but Therrien did a helluva job during his time here and the screw job he got was not only unwarranted, imho, but downright DIRTY POOL. I hope he is successful wherever he ends up and I can almost guarantee he will have a job - if not by season's end - next season.

XT - again, I'll have to disagree with you on Shero. He may have been relentlessly pursuing Hossa at Mario's direction, but he is still responsible for letting key pieces to the Pens successful puzzle last season walk away. While they were playing pattycake with Hossa, they lost opportunities to go after other good players who they may have been able to secure. God knows - I love Mario and respect the man tremendously, but mark my words - both he and Shero are going to regret this decision at some point. I still agree with Pompeani and a lot of the call-ins tonight - Shero's head will roll if this rookie HC doesn't turn things around.

Well, I can't really argue that. Shero absolutely does deserve blame for allowing those guys to leave when they were so important to the team. The only one I could have lived with was Laraque, because he hasn't given much to the Habs this season to justify his $1.5 million salary. Godard does a good job filling the enforcer role. He also tried to replace Adam Hall with Mike Zigomanis, which was working out great until he got hurt. But he absolutely could not afford to lose Malone or Ruutu. That has really, really hurt this team. They never replaced Malone and Matt Cooke can't make a hair on Ruutu's ass.

Got this from another site - pittsburghsportsinsider:

Dave Molinari: Ray, Why did you decide a change was in order today?

Ray Shero: "didn’t like direction the team was headed. Watched for significant weeks and just didn't like the direction we were going. That is why change was made"

DM: Did the Outcome of last night's game have any decision on firing Therrien?

RS: Shero said it wasn't the score of the game but it was the direction they were going. Quite Frankly he didn't like the direction of the team. Shero met Therrien around 6:30 and told him that he was making a change

DM: Why did you pick Bylsma?

RS: Shero indicated he sees Bylsma as one of the best young coaches in the game

DM: Where did it go wrong?

RS: Shero was not sure, said he can’t pinpoint an exact reason. Shero indicated Michel Therrien was very loyal to him and he was thankful for it considering everyone said the two couldn't co-exists when Shero was hired.

Criag Tuscan The SportingNews: Did you feel Michel Therrien lost the team?

RS: "Hard to say" said he can’t pinpoint that. Shero indicated he just has a feeling now is the time for a change.

Craig Tuscan – Sportingnews - Were expectations too high?

RS: “Hard to say”

Bill Phillips WPXI: Ray, is this a young team that can be jump started now?

RS: “that is the ultimate goal right now” Shero indicated this is a resillant group and has confidence Dan can rally the troops and the team can turn it around. Shero believes now is the time to move forward. Dan is demanding of his players according to Shero but is fair. "Stresssed fair"

Mike Prisuta - Tribune-Review: How much accountability on the players?

Ray Shero: "Everyone is accountable" Shero also stated he is accountable and it starts with him. He takes responsibility for the teams failures.

Mike Prisuta: Can Dan Bylsma earn full time status or is this just on a interim basis?

Ray Shero: Shero indicated he doesn't even know what the interim status means. Seems like he is going to see how things go and go from there.

Gene Collier: Did any players come to the front office asking for the coach to be fired

Ray Shero: First part, "Absolutely no", Second part: doesn't change any personnel moves and he will try to make any changes if needed

Scott Burnside: why didn't you go to a proven NHL coach

RS: Believes Dan is the right fit right now. Knows the organization, knows the players.

Bylsma speaking to the media

Bylsma wants to play an aggressive system and says he is in a tough position with no morning skate tomorrow. Bylsma will meet with the players in the morning. He is really stressing speed right now. Seems like we are going to see an agressive system which Ray Shero has been stressing for the past couple months.

Shero will meet with his players at 10:00 p.m.

Apparently this decision was Shero's and the players had nothing to do with it.

SteelCityMan786
02-15-2009, 11:47 PM

Coach T sure did. I'm just upset to see how it all ended.

Edman
02-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Talk about a Stanley Cup window closing in a hurry.

From Stanley Cup Runner-up to rebuilding in a matter of months. Geez. It's this type of personnel mismanagement that killed the Pirates in the 90's.

Fire Haley
02-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Hossa is a coach killer?

Screw Therrien - the team was going nowhere.

I've been calling for this move for the last 2 months, something had to change, they were giving up too easily and had lost the will to win.

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Talk about a Stanley Cup window closing in a hurry.

From Stanley Cup Runner-up to rebuilding in a matter of months. Geez. It's this type of personnel mismanagement that killed the Pirates in the 90's.

Lets just hope it's a faster recovery.

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Lets just hope it's a faster recovery.

Yeah, as in this afternoon... against the worst team in the league. :tt03:

Fire Haley
02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
yeah, almost forgot - 2 pm start

5 pts back......tick...tick...tick

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 01:52 PM
yeah, almost forgot - 2 pm start

5 pts back......tick...tick...tick

Yep, it's almost show time! LETS GO PENS! :tt03:

There is an interview going on right now with the new coach( on FSN). The following is a portion of what was said during the interview....

Right now the mentality and how we dictate the tempo and play of the game is most important. Getting there with speed and playing an aggressive style of hockey is what he is hoping to achieve. He wants to send the message that they will be a team that will play with intensity.....it's not always going to be good and not always easy, but he wants to bring a passion and energy to the game.. as that is what gets the most out of your players.

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 02:32 PM
And another easy goal given up. 1-0 on a Campoli goal for the Isles.

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Pens down 1-0 to the Isles in the 1st. I could have sworn I saw Michel Therrien on the ice knocking in that Isles goal. :banging:

X-Terminator
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Isles score first on a goal that went off 2 skates and in the net. Sums up their season to a T.

X-Terminator
02-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Malkin comes back with a nice curl-and-drag to tie it up at 1.

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Malkin scores to make it 1-1.

I'm still pissed to hell and back over the Therrien debacle, but I love my guys and will always stand behind them. :hatsoff:

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Great Goal by Malkin to make it 1-1. I like it.

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Isles score again - up on Pens 2-1 with a little over 5 left in the 2nd.

Damn Therrien - he keeps knocking that puck into the net!

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Isles score again - up on Pens 2-1 with a little over 5 left in the 2nd.

Damn Therrien - he keeps knocking that puck into the net!

That goal was total garbage.

X-Terminator
02-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Fleury HAS to make that save and hold on. That goal is totally on him.

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Ryan Whitney scores to tie it at 2. :applaudit:

X-Terminator
02-16-2009, 03:32 PM
BEAUTIFUL play there to set up Whitney to tie it back up on the PP. Where's that been all season???

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Wow, is Whitney actually trying to show us he's better then what we've seen??? He's off to a good start.

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 04:49 PM
NO FRIGGIN EXCUSE FOR THIS LOSS. You're telling me you can't prevent goals that were easily stoppable??? Wow, this team is right now going no where if they play like this again.

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 05:02 PM
NO FRIGGIN EXCUSE FOR THIS LOSS. You're telling me you can't prevent goals that were easily stoppable??? Wow, this team is right now going no where if they play like this again.

Yep, you're in pretty poor shape when you have to go to a shoot out against the WORST TEAM in the league.

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm taking the Fifth here. :shake01:

Steelcitygal87
02-16-2009, 05:38 PM
:banging:

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 05:55 PM

Well, Matt - Rome wasn't built in a day and we've got to give this new HC a chance to do things his way. I'm praying the Pens make the playoffs, and I'm not counting them out just yet, but it's looking bleaker by the game. You and I are the "faith keepers" around here, buddy! :drink::thumbsup:

X-Terminator
02-16-2009, 06:07 PM
I'll take the point - I wasn't expecting a miracle when it had been just 18 hours since the coaching change when the puck dropped this afternoon, and the team had no morning skate. Now Bylsma will have 2 days and 2 practices to implement his system before playing Montreal on Thursday.

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Well, Matt - Rome wasn't built in a day and we've got to give this new HC a chance to do things his way. I'm praying the Pens make the playoffs, and I'm not counting them out just yet, but it's looking bleaker by the game. You and I are the "faith keepers" around here, buddy! :drink::thumbsup:

Yep, that's for sure. I am stick to my stomach over this loss, but on the bright side, what better way to get a loss like today's out of your system then against a team such as the Habs??? I'm not counting them out either way.

pittsburghp8baller
02-16-2009, 06:37 PM
I'll take the point - I wasn't expecting a miracle when it had been just 18 hours since the coaching change when the puck dropped this afternoon, and the team had no morning skate. Now Bylsma will have 2 days and 2 practices to implement his system before playing Montreal on Thursday.

agreed, i saw things i liked, but too many turnovers in the neutral zone limited our scoring opportunities.

we finally put up a lot of shots and still cant get anything in, 37 shots which was a season high i think they said.

Canadiens got Schneider from Atlanta so u can cross Montreal off the list of possible Whitney destinations, not that they had any1 i wanted (other than Higgins but i doubt they would move him)

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 07:13 PM
agreed, i saw things i liked, but too many turnovers in the neutral zone limited our scoring opportunities.

we finally put up a lot of shots and still cant get anything in, 37 shots which was a season high i think they said.

Canadiens got Schneider from Atlanta so u can cross Montreal off the list of possible Whitney destinations, not that they had any1 i wanted (other than Higgins but i doubt they would move him)

We might be able to send him to Tampa for St. Louis.

HometownGal
02-16-2009, 07:35 PM
We might be able to send him to Tampa for St. Louis.

I think they'd have to add another key player or a top draft choice or two in order to make that deal, Matt. An even up trade with Tampa (Whitney for St. Louis) would be ludicrous on Tampa's end imho. I guess we'll know soon one way or the other.

X-Terminator
02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
I think they'd have to add another key player or a top draft choice or two in order to make that deal, Matt. An even up trade with Tampa (Whitney for St. Louis) would be ludicrous on Tampa's end imho. I guess we'll know soon one way or the other.

The latest rumor I've heard was St. Louis/Eminger for Whitney/Satan. I would do that deal in a nanosecond. Eminger would be a good depth defenseman and of course St. Louis would be inserted on the top line with Crosby. I've also heard that the Pens are interested in the Sens' Chris Neil, which would take care of the grit problem. Neil hits like a ton of bricks (sometimes dirty), fights and can chip in some goals. You could even put him on one of the top 2 lines for a couple of shifts if you need to add some energy or some added protection for Sid or Geno, and he would not be a liability. The only problem is that his contract is up at the end of the season, and would need to be re-signed. If the Pens did both of those deals, I'd be ecstatic!

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 08:17 PM

That is true Marianne. I guess we'll see if they do it.

The latest rumor I've heard was St. Louis/Eminger for Whitney/Satan. I would do that deal in a nanosecond. Eminger would be a good depth defenseman and of course St. Louis would be inserted on the top line with Crosby. I've also heard that the Pens are interested in the Sens' Chris Neil, which would take care of the grit problem. Neil hits like a ton of bricks (sometimes dirty), fights and can chip in some goals. You could even put him on one of the top 2 lines for a couple of shifts if you need to add some energy or some added protection for Sid or Geno, and he would not be a liability. The only problem is that his contract is up at the end of the season, and would need to be re-signed. If the Pens did both of those deals, I'd be ecstatic!

That would be a GREAT Deal for the Penguins. Neil's one tough son of a gun. I wonder what it will take to bring him in.

pittsburghp8baller
02-16-2009, 08:26 PM

i saw that St. Louis/Eminger too on two sites but one was hockeybuzz so im not sold 100% that it is even being discussed. Neil we could probably get for a middle draft pick so it wouldn't be devastating loss if we couldnt resign him, which we probably could.

im on the Penguin message board, jus mainly for laughs and of course i was able to find it in a couple of post.

Now this conversation is for adults only. I know mostly kiddies troll this board so we'll just ignore them and their lame overreactions.

Malkin doesn't have the mentality to be a great consistent center in this league. I mean how many times will he fail to score in the shootout? failed gloveside fail shortside. He is terrible, I mean he didn't even get a shot off today. He has spurts of being a DECENT career second line center, but other then that there is no upside to him. If the Pens had a decent loyal man in a GM and a decent center, MT would still be here, and this team would be in playoff contention. Malkin lost a lot of games this year for the Pens.

Heck he can't even taint punch properly.

So its Malkin being bad at shootouts that got MT fired

another post from that thread

am not on the malkin hate wagon but that shootout blunder was unexceptable. And he only has 25 goals most 2nd liners on other teams have that many or more. He and sid may have a ton of assists each but their stats really show their scoring drought or lack of shots taken. Playmaker or not if you got a good shot take it and sometimes shooting instead of passing everytime keeps the other teams d on their fee

Fleury doesn't have the mentality to be a great consistent goaltender in this league. I mean how many times will he be scored upon glove side? Glove side, SCORE! Glove side, SCORE! He is terrible. He has spurts of being a DECENT career backup goaltender, but other then that there is no upside to him. If the Pens had a decent loyal man in a GM and a decent goaltender, MT would still be here, and this team would be in playoff contention. Fleury lost a lot of games this year for the Pens.

Tell me, what has Fleury done so great for this team this year? He is not good.

big post, i know but i had to share my cousin was looking at me weird when i started laughing at these

Fire Haley
02-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I'll take the point - I wasn't expecting a miracle .

Aye - that's about all you can say.

I'm pretty sure I saw Sid skate down the ice and actually shoot the puck once. The PP looked better - they actually scored on a nice pass from Sid.

Fleury looked leaky with the rebounds again - of course , the front of the net was open again, they had him flopping around the net with 2-3 guys standing right in front all night - it's a miracle they didn't win by 5.

And yeah - Malkin has no interest in the shoot-out.

steelpride12
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Yikes ill take the point, but Ive been saying this all along. We need 2 points! Against the worst team in the NHL. Macdonald did have a good game with 37 saves, but the Pens needed to finish. The Shootout was leaky wit Fluery giving up an easy shootout goal on the second shot. Well still stuck in tenth place and the praying and hoping continues.

X-Terminator
02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
i saw that St. Louis/Eminger too on two sites but one was hockeybuzz so im not sold 100% that it is even being discussed. Neil we could probably get for a middle draft pick so it wouldn't be devastating loss if we couldnt resign him, which we probably could.

im on the Penguin message board, jus mainly for laughs and of course i was able to find it in a couple of post.

So its Malkin being bad at shootouts that got MT fired

another post from that thread

big post, i know but i had to share my cousin was looking at me weird when i started laughing at these

That's why I don't post there, dude. Biggest bunch of idiots I've ever seen in my life. I swear to God, it's like those morons started watching hockey last week (well, they probably did, bandwagoners that they are). Malkin has no upside? I mean, all he's going to do is WIN THE ART ROSS TROPHY. Seriously, W...T...F???? So he's not good in shootouts. So what? I don't think Gretzky ever scored on a penalty shot in his career (yeah, I'm exaggerating) and was AWFUL on breakaways (not exaggerating), and he's only the 2nd greatest player ever. Those nimrods aren't even worth a chuckle.

SteelCityMan786
02-16-2009, 10:33 PM
That's why I don't post there, dude. Biggest bunch of idiots I've ever seen in my life. I swear to God, it's like those morons started watching hockey last week (well, they probably did, bandwagoners that they are). Malkin has no upside? I mean, all he's going to do is WIN THE ART ROSS TROPHY. Seriously, W...T...F???? So he's not good in shootouts. So what? I don't think Gretzky ever scored on a penalty shot in his career (yeah, I'm exaggerating) and was AWFUL on breakaways (not exaggerating), and he's only the 2nd greatest player ever. Those nimrods aren't even worth a chuckle.

One more reason why I post here and at Pens Underground.

Fire Haley
02-18-2009, 10:30 AM
In an attempt to change our mojo, I will ban myself from watching the next game.

Just trying to do my part.

Good luck.

X-Terminator
02-19-2009, 08:06 AM
In an attempt to change our mojo, I will ban myself from watching the next game.

Good luck.

Well I have other obligations, or I would watch it, so hopefully not being able to watch it myself will bring a little more luck :thumbsup:

steelpride12
02-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Alright boys and girls LETS GO PENS! A tough game against the Habs and one important one! These 2 points put us in 9th place and 4 points of of a playoff spot. Bylsma made some line changes I like with Fedo on the first line and Satan moved up as well. He worked on speed and 5 man attacks on offense and im excited to see this in action. GO PENS!

steelpride12
02-19-2009, 07:28 PM
GOOOALLLL!!!! Petr Sykora off the rebound to give the Pens a early 1-0 lead after Malkin getting the puck to the net and Sykora placing it perfectly in the top right corner!
Pens up 1-0!

SteelCityMom
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
One more reason why I post here and at Pens Underground.

Same here, I went and checked out the Pens MB one day and fully decided against it. Anybody that posts anything remotely positive there gets blasted hard. It's like they seem happier about the Pens losing than supporting their hometown team. It's a joke.

SteelCityMom
02-19-2009, 07:35 PM
GOOOALLLL!!!! Petr Sykora off the rebound to give the Pens a early 1-0 lead after Malkin getting the puck to the net and Sykora placing it perfectly in the top right corner!
Pens up 1-0!

Awesome! I'm glad they got one in early, hopefully they can keep up the momentum. This is furthering the idea that I shouldn't be watching too many games though, as soon as I left the room they scored a goal lol.

steelpride12
02-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Well not impressed with the 8 Pens shot after first period, but much better defense giving up only 3 shots. Plus gotta win more faces off as they only won 5 out 20.

steelpride12
02-19-2009, 08:13 PM
GOOOALLLL!!!! After a Montreal goal, a forced Turover brings a man rush for the Pens and a great pass back to Whitney for a hard slap shot, and Satan deflects in the net!
Pens regain the lead 2-1!
GO PENS!

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 08:13 PM
wow, what a shot by whitney! nice deflection by satan..

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 08:27 PM
how could the refs not have seen that??? wow

steelpride12
02-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Dumb Penalties, a 5 on 3 for the Habs and a tie game simple as that. Disicipline 2-2.

section514
02-19-2009, 08:56 PM
GENO!

steelpride12
02-19-2009, 08:56 PM
GOOOALLLL!!! A terrible Habs change and a three man rush, pass from Fedo to Crosby to the trailing Malkin for the goal!
Pens take an important 3-2 lead!
GO PENS!

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 08:57 PM
what a gorgeous play! beautiful pass by sidney! NICE GOAL MALKIN! :tt03:

SteelCityMom
02-19-2009, 08:57 PM
GO GENO!!!!

Lookin good lookin good! Keep it up and GO PENS!

SteelCityMom
02-19-2009, 09:00 PM
WOOOHOOO!!! GO MAX!

4-2 Pens!

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 09:00 PM
nice goal talbot!! keep it going fellas!

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 09:03 PM
save of the night so far by marc!

HometownGal
02-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Damn it - Habs tied it up. :banging:

LETS GO PENS - c'mon - we can get that goal back. :thumbsup:

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
YESSS WTG GONCHAR!

HometownGal
My SERGEI scores to make it 5-4 PENS! WOO HOOOOO!!!!

SteelCityMom
Holy crap this game is nuts! I love it!

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Holy crap this game is nuts! I love it!

Yep, sure keeps ya on the edge of your seat! :tt03:

SteelCityMom
02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
4 goals in 7 minutes, that is crazy.

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 09:13 PM
HUGE save by marc!!

HometownGal
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
I'd love to see Tank get that 6th goal tonight. :thumbsup:

This game is really movin and groovin'!

HometownGal
02-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Pens hold on to win this one and get the two pointer! :banana: :hatsoff:

Steelcitygal87
02-19-2009, 09:28 PM
nice win pens!! exciting game!

SteelCityMan786
02-19-2009, 09:34 PM
GREAT WIN TONIGHT!!!!!

Fire Haley
02-20-2009, 01:10 AM

Good luck.

I guess you know who to thank.

HometownGal
02-20-2009, 07:13 AM
I guess you know who to thank.

Hey - what's the Big Four going to be in PA tonight? I'll split it with ya! :wink02::wink02:

steelpride12
02-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Wow an amazing and BIG win last night from our Pens. Sarge came through in the clutch and burried a good old days slap shot from the point for an important 2 points for the Pens.
Time for Philly now and a classic beatdown will always make me smile.

Fire Haley
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey - what's the Big Four going to be in PA tonight? I'll split it with ya! :wink02::wink02:

Gambling is a sin.

I lead a pure life.

SteelCityMan786
02-21-2009, 12:17 AM
http://post-gazette.com/pg/09051/950450-87.stm

Did you expect we'd all have a quick opinion there Cook???

pittsburghp8baller
02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
this has the potential to be a very good sports day, Penguins at 1, Pitt basketball at 7 and then two good fights to cap off the night

can imagine Godard-Cote will give me a warmup to the Cotto and Pavlik fights.

lets hope all goes well today

pittsburghp8baller
02-21-2009, 01:12 PM
things getting heated already, only two minutes into the game

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Lots of offense and hits. Can't expect much more out of a philly, Pittsburgh match-up. Pens making smart play and crisp passes in the Flyers zone.
GO PENS!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 01:22 PM
lets go pens!:tt03:

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I really like the play and agressiveness Staal has shown the last few games. He is dumping the puck in keeping it simple and getting good shots. Time for him to score he is due!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Couln't clear the puck, Flyers had 5 shots in just that shift and scored wide open backhand in front of the net.

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 01:34 PM
How many more chances can Sykora get Sheesh!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Wow Pens working so hard right now really playing with desperation in the Flyers zone, and Malkin truly doing it all. Pens have the momentum they must finish!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Fluery beautiful poke check!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 01:39 PM
what play by marc on richards!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Yikes i don't get why every team has wide open chances in front of our net like this. It could easily be 3 to 0 without Fluery making those up close saves! Hold your Man D!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 01:42 PM
another great save by Fluery!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Well end of the first period Pens with 12 shots to Phillies 9. I feel the Pens really owned this game physically, and really brought it to them with the dump ins and shots, but just couldn't finish. The Pens let up for one Flyer shift and it resulted in a goal. Other than the wide open players in front of Fleury and his amazing saves the Pens need to keep this desperation up and they will get rewarded.
GO PENS!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Well end of the first period Pens with 12 shots to Phillies 9. I feel the Pens really owned this game physically, and really brought it to them with the dump ins and shots, but just couldn't finish. The Pens let up for one Flyer shift and it resulted in a goal. Other than the wide open players in front of Fleury and his amazing saves the Pens need to keep this desperation up and they will get rewarded.
GO PENS!

Sykora sure has gotten the chances..hopefully that will continue and he'll put one in the net! :tt03:

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Crosby scoooooooores!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:03 PM
GOOOALLLLL!!!! Crosby first shift an amazing pass from Malkin a long shot amazing goal! Tied game 1-1!
F YOU PHILLY!

pittsburghp8baller
02-21-2009, 02:06 PM
what a rip shot by Geno,! wait Crosby?? great goal by crosby dont usually see some1 with that flat of a blade rip it like that, great play, LETS KEEP IT GOING!!!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:08 PM
O wow a steal from Malkin and a pass to Sykora was Malkin over skated. Shoot!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:14 PM
GOOOALLLLLL!!! Malkin with the redirect from another beautiful slapshot from Gonchar. Wow Sarge really gives life to this Pens PP and something we really needed. Geno earned that being out there for a minute and a half Amazing goal! Pens up 2-1
GO PENS!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I never like injuries to anyone, but Scott Harnell has been an ass to the Pens organization and ive built hate for this guy. He just got hit in the face by the puck, good!

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 02:16 PM
GOOOALLLLLL!!! Malkin with the redirect from another beautiful slapshot from Gonchar. Wow Sarge really gives life to this Pens PP and something we really needed. Geno earned that being out there for a minute and a half Amazing goal! Pens up 2-1
GO PENS!

Sarge's slapshot is DEADLY! Great redirect by Geno! :thumbsup: The Pens are buzzin all around that net - I feel they're going to break this game open very soon.

pittsburghp8baller
02-21-2009, 02:17 PM
O wow a steal from Malkin and a pass to Sykora was Malkin over skated. Shoot!

So dam close, thats something you gotta talk about on the bench, "if we are on a two on one try the give and go" or "just shoot"

btw, GOAL!!!!!!!! here comes the Pens powerplay, and all because Gonchar getting the puck to the net, Malkin may be that guy to play around the net? i was watching a Pens game from a couple years back and noticed that he did sit in front of the net for most of the PP.

he wont have to sit there for the entire shift, jus have him at the circle, pass it up high and sneak into the back door to slam home the rebound or deflect it

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:19 PM
This is the Pens game as of right now. They are taking more shots, better shots and flying around out there right now. Really playing with desperation and doing their best to shut the mouths of the most annoying fans in the NHL!
I HATE the Flyers and im ready to down them!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I love the boo's on Crosby! That pathetic city just can't stand getting beatdown by Sid anymore hehe!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Yikes Fluery almost made a huge mistake going behind his net. Yikes.

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Tank makes it 3-1 Pens!!! :banana:

P.S. I'm with you steelpride - I can't stomach Hartnell.

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
GOOOOALLLLL!!! A 3 on 2 Pass from Crosby to Dupuis and a one timer to Fedotenko for his 12th of the season and a beautiful goal!
Pens take a huge 3 to 1 late in the second period! F YOU FLYERS!

pittsburghp8baller
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
another goal using the center drive on a close to offsides play, im going to about that from my flyer 'friends'. keep it going and BURY them flyers!!!

pittsburghp8baller
02-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Tank makes it 3-1 Pens!!! :banana:

P.S. I'm with you steelpride - I can't stomach Hartnell.

i dont usually cheer when players are hurt, but when hartnell went down i couldnt help but jump up and give the little fist pump

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Now its getting crazy out there. Hits left and right and the flyers truly running out of steam and Pens getting more and more shots. This is an example of last seasons Pens and Im liking the style Bylsma has taught them. BE PHYSICAL! An be offensive minded we have the talent use it!
GO PENS!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Malkin being stupid...sighhh Flyers get 4:00 on the PP. Great.

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I love it! The Pens not only kill off the long 4 minutes PP for the Flyers, but these fans crack me up. They have the division leading flyers and a strong team coming up for the playoffs and they just are booing them like crazy on this PP. LOVE IT!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:37 PM
End of the second period and what can we say its what we expected. The Pens have a strong 20 shots to Flyers 18 and Pens just have dominated this game so far. Getting turnovers and shooting the puck hard. The PP is coming together and passes becoming smarter. If the Pens hold this momentum in the third period this game will be over early and the Pens will travel to Washington even closer to a playoff spot!
GO PENS!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Unbelievable! Richards is a short handed god and a terrible pass, break away easy goal. Now its a game. Shit!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:02 PM
3 to 3 now. Sykora had no stick. SHIT!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Well blown leads are nothing new. They can't let a short handed goal turn the tide. They owned this game earlier and must keep it up!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:05 PM
LETS GO PENS

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:10 PM
NICE SHOT! WTG ! beautiful pass by sid

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:10 PM
GOOOOALLLL!!! Fedotenko his second of the night as Dupuis flying through the zone, killing the icing, Crosby passes to Fedotenko in front of th net to give the Pens a late 4 to 3 lead!
GO PENS!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:13 PM
nice pp kill

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Dupuis has really caught my eye this game. He may not show up on the goal sheet, but he has to have at least one assist and is just flying out there making smart plays and he always gets that puck on net. Next goal goes to him!
GO PENS!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:18 PM
nice save by Fleury!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Can you believe the shape Gonchar must be in right now. he comes off a long nagging injury and surgery and comes out with 3 points already and a goal. I give him and the conditioning coaches all the credit in the world for making his near 100% so early after a bug shoulder surgery. Over 30 years old or not he can sure play!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Gonchar broken stick and another easy goal right in front of that net! SHIT BLOCK THE MEN IN FRON OF THE NET! THERE WIDE OPEN!

Steelcitygal87
CRAP another broken stick...leads to another goal for the flyers:banging:.
Lets go pens! 5 mins left...

steelpride12
The Pens really are just blowing leads for the hell of it now. They have had how many chances to finish! DO IT!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:21 PM
4 on 4 coming up. Gonch got hit from behind, but i guess he did something too?

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:22 PM
4 on 4....come on pens!! lets do it! :tt03:

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:24 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SIDNEY!!!! WOW!! LETS GO PENS!!!:tt03::tt03:

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:25 PM
GOOOOALLLLL!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
Speed from Dupuis, Biron comes out deep has to get rid of the puck for no penalty and its redirected to Crosby and he puts it in the net for the 5-4 lead with 2:45 left.
WOW WOW AMAZING PASS AND GOAL!!!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:26 PM
hold em off for 2 mins boys!!!

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Thank you Marty Biron. :applaudit::hatsoff: Dumb ass. :toofunny:

Hey Flyers fans - ya gonna boo Sid now? :laughing:

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Keep it in their end guys so they can't pull Biron. :hope:

steelpride12
Thank you Marty Biron. :applaudit::hatsoff: Dumb ass. :toofunny:

Hey Flyers fans - ya gonna boo Sid now? :laughing:

Wouldn't expect less! :rofl:

Steelcitygal87
one min!!! holy crap lol

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Empty net! Fedotenko or Crosby FINISH IT!

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Wouldn't expect less! :rofl:

They boo him because they fear him. :applaudit:

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Empty net! Fedotenko or Crosby FINISH IT!

I'd love to see Tank get the hat trick!

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Talbot misses a wide open net!

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
wtg pens! nice win! :tt03:

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
What a grrrrrreat game! Way to go Pens! :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Steelcitygal87
02-21-2009, 03:31 PM

lol how the heck did he miss that??

HometownGal
02-21-2009, 03:34 PM

Could have sworn that was Matt Cooke.

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:34 PM
WOW! One hell of a guy and an amazing win for the Pens and 2 in a row now! :thumbsup: Physical and high scoring today and Pens Players kept coming up big all night and this was a team effort, and win. Crosby the player of the game had 2 HUGE goals tonight and the game winner off a fluke play when Biron came out and had to get rid of the puck. Fedo has worked so hard after his injury and showed tonight with another 2 goal. As well i cannot forget about Dupuis. He has to have around 3 assists and really created every chance when the goals came. Fluery made saves all night when he had to holding the game to a close one. Pens get 2 HUGE points and move on to the Caps. :applaudit: One hell of a game and another step forward!:tt03:

steelpride12
02-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Could have sworn that was Matt Cooke.

Nope. he passes it to Talbot and he missed.

Fire Haley
02-21-2009, 03:41 PM
What a crazy game!

I started watching right before the Pens lost their 2 goal lead, so I guess my jinx is broken.

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Alright another tough afternoon game against the Caps. Last game was a 6-3 loss and we need to again be agressive, and take away the shots. We all know the talent in Semin, Ovech, and a goalie on fire. If we play like we did yesterday, the Pens will have a strong chance on downing these Caps, and winning three straight!
GO PENS!

HometownGal
02-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Alright another tough afternoon game against the Caps. Last game was a 6-3 loss and we need to again be agressive, and take away the shots. We all know the talent in Semin, Ovech, and a goalie on fire. If we play like we did yesterday, the Pens will have a strong chance on downing these Caps, and winning three straight!
GO PENS!

Yeppers -this is going to be a very tough game but if the Pens keep their focus, keep playing aggressively and limit their time in the sin bin, I think they'll beat the Caps, though I believe it will take at least 3 goals to do so with all of the Caps offensive firepower.

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 12:38 PM
LETS GO PENS! :tt03::popcorn:

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Good start by the Pens with Speed in the neutral zone and getting shots on the net. First PP coming up!

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Ugly PP, and now a Caps PP.

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 12:47 PM
1 Simple rule. Can't give the Caps PP chances their just too good. Ovechkin 1 timer. Too easy. 1-0 Caps.

HometownGal
02-22-2009, 12:56 PM
2nd Pens PP. We've got to get one here to show the Caps we aren't going to lay down.

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 12:58 PM
STUPID! Our PP looks more like a Caps PP right now and the team is doing exactly what they shouldn't be. Again the Caps are going on the PP. SHIT!

HometownGal
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Maxim SCOOOOOORES!!! :thumbsup::applaudit:

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
GOOOOALLLL!!! Talbot off a fat juicy rebound from a great side shot from Scuds, ties the game at 1-1!
GO PENS!

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:00 PM
2-1 Caps. There PP is unstoppable, no more trips to the sin bin!

HometownGal
02-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Ovechkin to Semin. 2-1 Caps lead. :banging:

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:02 PM
2-1 Caps. There PP is unstoppable, no more trips to the sin bin!

Yep, their PP has so much fire power...We can't be taking penalties.. lets go pens:tt03:

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Another Caps PP coming up. Were not being disciplined and its gonna cost us!

HometownGal
02-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Another Caps PP coming up. Were not being disciplined and its gonna cost us!

Ughhh. That's why in my first post in this thread today, I stated that it was imperative for the Pens to stay out of the bin. :banging: They've got to tighten up that PK.

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:07 PM
oh man those were some nice moves by Ovech...toooo close!

HometownGal
02-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Pens gotta keep the pressure on Theodore and keep the Caps out of the middle of the ice.

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Another Pens PP, lets tie this up before the half!

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow that pisses me off. Our 5 on 5 looks amazing, but our PP just is so terrible to watch its scary bad!

Steelcitygal87
lets go pens...tie it up

Fire Haley
4 guys on the puck on defense and you give up how many open chances in front of our net? ugh

Pens can't afford to get in a scoring race with these guys, they'll get blown out again. Our PP is sucky.

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
End of the first and other than the PP I still have a good feeling about this game down by one. The 5 on 5 by the Pens looks really impressive controling the puck and most important getting shots on the net. Were losing because of the Caps PP. ITS TOO GOOD! We must stay out of the box and we will win this game. Looks like we gotta win on the 5 on 5 the PP is bound for 0-3 and possibly 0 or few shots. Still believe!
GO PENS!

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
4 guys on the puck on defense and you give up how many open chances in front of our net? ugh

Pens can't afford to get in a scoring race with these guys, they'll get blown out again. Our PP is sucky.

That was their problem yesterday as well...giving way too many open chances in front of our net.

Fire Haley
02-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Holy kee-rist. Almost two minutes on the PP and they can't even cross their own blue line.

Why is Whitney on the PP?

He makes more boneheaded plays than anyone on the team.

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:30 PM
crap:banging:

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Turnover goal. 3-1 Caps. Getting out of hand now.

HometownGal
02-22-2009, 01:31 PM
DAMN IT. :banging::banging::banging:

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Well here goes the 4th PP on the day. We gotta capitolize here. At least get a few shots!

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:33 PM
lets go pens...heres your chance on the pp! :tt03:

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:33 PM
What an embarrassing PP.

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Now a 5 on 3 WE MUST get a goal here!

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:35 PM
gotta get a goal...5-3!

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:36 PM
There goes the 5 on 3 sigh.

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:37 PM
WTG PENS!!! nice goal GONCHAR!!! :tt03::tt03:

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:37 PM
GOOOOOOOALLLL!!! Gonchar late man in and a HUGE slapshot in the top right corner to cut the lead to 3-2 Caps.
GO PENS!

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Pens knocking bodies around now! Pysical battles down low. Great Save Fluery!

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:39 PM
great save on ovechkin by fleury! :tt03:

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Good to see our Pens get that PP goal and a little confidence!

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Another great save on Ovech by Fluery!

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:42 PM
dang what a move by ovechkin!! another GREAT save by Fleury

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Wow how many times have the Pens turned the puck over in their own zone sheesh!

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Looks like were gonna be playing from behind most of this game, they are just getting better chances and a poor goal from Fluery. 4-2.

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM
5 to 2. Another BAD FLUERY MISTAKE! WAKE UP!

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 01:52 PM
:banging::banging: CRAP Get Marc outta there

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Fleury is done. He is averaging 4.5 GAA a game the last 3. Wow whats his deal!

steelpride12
02-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Not much i can say at the end of the second period. Bad goaltending, turnover, and not enough talent to take out this offensive monster. Down by 3 after the second period.

Steelcitygal87
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
come on pens!!! lets score here! :tt03:

OneForTheToe
02-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Fleury really is going to have to work at getting better next season (rebounds, ugh). I still think he has the natural talent to be an elite goalie. Also, any goalie will struggle when night after night the other team can park players in front of the net for the entire game. Still, if you are going to be elite goalie, you have to step up more often and stone the other team regardless of lack of D around you. It would also help to get him some competition again like he had when Conklin was here. Or, how about just Conklin?:wink02:

Fire Haley
02-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Seems like every single offseason personnel move the Pens made has backfired and bit them bad.

SteelCityMan786
02-22-2009, 09:34 PM
So this is how they respond to a 5-4 win eh??? They gonna need a but kickin in practice before the Isles Game.

steelpride12
02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
So this is how they respond to a 5-4 win eh??? They gonna need a but kickin in practice before the Isles Game.

Yes Lets hoep Bylsma workes there butts off at practice the next few days because not just goaltending, but all togther as a team was a poor performace. Turnovers, lack of interest, whatever you wanna call it, they to wake up.

pittsburghp8baller
02-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Crosby Leaves Practice
http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=410818
Practice Report: Sidney Crosby left today's practice at Southpointe early with a sore groin. He is probable for tomorrow's game vs the New York Islanders. More details to come...

New Penguins coach a 'big fan' of Letang
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_613119.html?source=rss&feed=8

so, Bylsma is a big fan of Letang? so thats why he has been in the press box for three straight games?

steelpride12
02-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Crosby Leaves Practice
http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=410818

New Penguins coach a 'big fan' of Letang
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_613119.html?source=rss&feed=8

so, Bylsma is a big fan of Letang? so thats why he has been in the press box for three straight games?

Im going tomorrow Crosby best play and yes looks like a huge fan of Letang to me :chuckle:

So whats your opinion of whats going to happen come trade time which is not far away right now?

pittsburghp8baller
02-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Im going tomorrow Crosby best play and yes looks like a huge fan of Letang to me :chuckle:

So whats your opinion of whats going to happen come trade time which is not far away right now?

its hard to say, some1 told me that Larry Murphy said on NHL on the Fly we were linked to heavy rumor towards Colorado's Ryan Smyth. though i would believe Larry Murphy (especially since he bears my same last name :chuckle:) i have hard time believing this one. there is especially some dead weight id like to get rid of (uhmm- Ryan -cough- Whitney- double cough), hopefully Shero can use him to get a decent winger, but if scouts have been watching what i have been watching i wouldnt offer much for him. The St. Louis trade seems dead/never really a possible action, dont want recchi or armstrong. that really leaves only Hejduk, Smyth, or Tkachuk of the big names ive heard to be thrown out there.

its gonna be an interesting week leading up to the deadline, i cant wait to see whats gonna happen.

HometownGal
02-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Blysma better take it easy on 'em or he'll be looking for a new job like his predecessor. Remember - the inmates run asylum. :chuckle:

I am waiting with baited breath to see what Shero is going to do. I'd love him to be able to work a deal for Dany Heatley but that isn't likely to happen - wishful thinking on my part. Along with Whitney, I'd like to see Mark Eaton taking a hike - he's certainly not anywhere near worth the $2 mil he's making this season.

SteelCityMan786
02-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Blysma better take it easy on 'em or he'll be looking for a new job like his predecessor. Remember - the inmates run asylum. :chuckle:

I am waiting with baited breath to see what Shero is going to do. I'd love him to be able to work a deal for Dany Heatley but that isn't likely to happen - wishful thinking on my part. Along with Whitney, I'd like to see Mark Eaton taking a hike - he's certainly not anywhere near worth the $2 mil he's making this season.

Something like that would probably do some good for future cap considerations.

pittsburghp8baller
02-25-2009, 02:26 PM

i think the Heatley deal went out the window when the senators traded for Chris Campoli. people were saying that he was actually an option for the Pens.

Crosby and Whitney out tonight
http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=410996

SteelCityMan786
02-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Great Escape. 1-0

pittsburghp8baller
02-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Great Escape. 1-0

i wouldnt call it an escape, from what i saw (ive been swamped of late, so i sleep for the majority of the third) we dominated the game but were matched with great goaltending from the islanders

Fire Haley
02-26-2009, 09:58 AM
I fell asleep in the 1st and didn't wake up till it was over - what did I miss?

HometownGal
02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
I fell asleep in the 1st and didn't wake up till it was over - what did I miss?

LOL!! XT and I were there and It was a snooze-fest until the third period. Both goalies played well, especially Danis who really made some nice saves. Score would have been at least 4-0 if he hadn't played as well as he did. Sykora got the games only goal with a little over 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

The Isles are just plain awful, but I'll take the win. :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
02-26-2009, 11:50 AM
So we're only 2pts out of 7th place.

Gotta hope some of those guys lose now.

Fire Haley
02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
PENGUINS TRADE WHITNEY TO DUCKS FOR KUNITZ, TANGRADI

The Pittsburgh Penguins have cleared up a bit of their log jam along their blueline as they have traded Ryan Whitney to the Anaheim Ducks for Chris Kunitz and Eric Tangradi.

The 26-year old Whitney was a vital piece of the Penguins' Stanley Cup run last year; however foot surgery caused him to miss the first 31 games of this season. He has 2 goals and 11 assists in 28 games for Pittsburgh this year.

The Boston-native is one of the better puck moving defencemen in the league and should be a big boost to the Ducks' power play. He became deemed surplus goods when fellow defenceman and Penguins' primary powerplay quarterback Sergei Gonchar returned from a shoulder injury.

Whitney is in the second year of a six-year contract he signed with the Penguins last season. He was chosen fifth overall by the Penguins in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

In Kunitz, the Penguins will be getting an offensive-minded player who won the Stanley Cup in 2007. After campaigns where he put up 60 and then 50 points, the 29-year old Regina-native has 16 goals and 19 assists this season. He has spent the majority of his four NHL seasons with Anaheim.

Tangradi, who just turned 20, is having a fine season with the OHL's Belleville Bulls. In 52 games, he has 38 goals and 87 points. He was drafted by the Ducks in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=268759&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

X-Terminator
02-26-2009, 12:30 PM
EDIT: Whitney has already been dealt, so nevermind what I mentioned. However, Whitney for Chris Kunitz? KUNITZ? Don't get me wrong, Kunitz is a nice player and played well with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, but still...they couldn't have done better than that???

Thumbs down.

Fire Haley
02-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Bout time - I could feel that one coming.

X-Terminator
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Well, this Tangradi kid sounds like a decent prospect - a power-forward that the Pens can use, but he'd better turn out to be damn good at the NHL level, otherwise this deal completely sucks for the Pens.

steelpride12
02-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Well im not sure what to think of this trade yet. I mean Kunitz last 2 seasons did put up 60 and 50 points, but now only 35 so far, but lets see how good he plays along Sid and that first line.

Fire Haley
02-26-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm happy Whitney is gone. His defense was killing us.

Color me optimistic.

Kunitz, he's a 50-60 pt guy with intangibles, he's physical, very good defensively, will fight, will go to all the dirty areas, skates with the best of them, ect. He's a decent goal scorer and a decent passer and should look great on Sids wing.

Another lefty though. Oh well. Tangradi means we have a real #1 prospect again too.

HometownGal
02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
EDIT: Whitney has already been dealt, so nevermind what I mentioned. However, Whitney for Chris Kunitz? KUNITZ? Don't get me wrong, Kunitz is a nice player and played well with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry, but still...they couldn't have done better than that???

Thumbs down.

I'm in "wait and see mode" on this one, but if this doesn't work out well for the Pens, as I said last week - Shero's head will be on the platter.

Pittsburghfan
02-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I forget the name of the prospect we go too. But he is second in OHL scoring behind future 1 or 2nd overall draft choice John Tavares.

X-Terminator
02-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I forget the name of the prospect we go too. But he is second in OHL scoring behind future 1 or 2nd overall draft choice John Tavares.

Eric Tangradi is his name - has 87 points (38 goals) in 51 games which is indeed 2nd in the OHL. He's 6'4", 220 lbs, plays a physical game and is supposed to have great hands. He could be the next good NHL power forward along the lines of a prime Todd Bertuzzi or John LeClair. If he turns out to be as good as either of those guys, look out. That remains to be seen, though. Interestingly enough, he's a Killadelphia native.

Kunitz, BTW, is the answer to the loss of Ryan Malone. He plays almost the exact same game but doesn't drop the gloves quite as much.

Pittsburghfan
02-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks X for the name. It keeps slipping my mind, with all the NFL free agency and this stuff going on it is difficult I think. Anyway I read where Sharks fans were happy to get Kunitz out of the Pacific division. Hopefully our division wants the same thing.

Wb/s should be interesting next year, with all these prospects coming and some maybe still being there like Caputi. Tangradi will turn pro next season according to Shero, he should start in Wilkes Barre

X-Terminator
02-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks X for the name. It keeps slipping my mind, with all the NFL free agency and this stuff going on it is difficult I think. Anyway I read where Sharks fans were happy to get Kunitz out of the Pacific division. Hopefully our division wants the same thing.

Wb/s should be interesting next year, with all these prospects coming and some maybe still being there like Caputi. Tangradi will turn pro next season according to Shero, he should start in Wilkes Barre

That's because Kunitz has tortured the Sharks over his career. I'm sure Kings and Stars fans aren't shedding a tear over him leaving either.

WB/S should be damn strong next season with Caputi, Tangradi, Jeffrey, Strait and possibly Pierro-Zabotel and Moon all playing there. Caputi and Tangradi alone should provide nightmares for opposing coaches with the physical games they play.

pittsburghp8baller
02-26-2009, 11:00 PM
That's because Kunitz has tortured the Sharks over his career. I'm sure Kings and Stars fans aren't shedding a tear over him leaving either.

WB/S should be damn strong next season with Caputi, Tangradi, Jeffrey, Strait and possibly Pierro-Zabotel and Moon all playing there. Caputi and Tangradi alone should provide nightmares for opposing coaches with the physical games they play.

WB/S is gonna pretty scary next year. i think CPZ is out of junior years after this season so he is gonna have to be on WBS next year, i think. i dont think Moon is quite ready to play in the AHL, it will be another year or two before we see him sign with us

i think this is a great deal in our favor, cant wait to see how he looks in a Pens jersey 2morrow!

steelpride12
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
You guys think Shero is done? I still think there is room for a Staal and or Satan trade somewhere in a few days. i was watching an NHL channel and they said teams would give up alot for Staal and the Pens wouldnt lose much without him.

pittsburghp8baller
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
You guys think Shero is done? I still think there is room for a Staal and or Satan trade somewhere in a few days. i was watching an NHL channel and they said teams would give up alot for Staal and the Pens wouldnt lose much without him.

i can see another trade happening

pittsburghp8baller
02-26-2009, 11:28 PM
i can see another trade happening

to add a little bit more to that, i would have no idea of what/who we would go after. Kunitz threw me off completely, i had only heard his name thrown out there once, but that was when some1 said we had a shot at getting Bobby Ryan AND Corey Perry (of course, some1 from the Pens board) and some1 said it was more realistic to expect Ryan and Kunitz (still way to unlikely)

Petesburgh66
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
My reaction to the trade, is that what the Penguins only got back in return? How much was Whitney making? I suspect that was a factor in this deal.

The Maple Leafs are looking at dumping off some junk...I mean players as they are in a re-building mode. So Penguin fans, any interest in Antropov or Ponikarovsky? The Leafs are just looking for draft picks.

pittsburghp8baller
02-26-2009, 11:41 PM
My reaction to the trade, is that what the Penguins only got back in return? How much was Whitney making? I suspect that was a factor in this deal.

The Maple Leafs are looking at dumping off some junk...I mean players as they are in a re-building mode. So Penguin fans, any interest in Antropov or Ponikarovsky? The Leafs are just looking for draft picks.

ill pass, Antropov intrigues me, but i wouldnt feel solid in giving away draft picks for either

oh and Whitney was making 4 million, Kunitz 3.75 i think it was

SteelCityMan786
02-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Staal and Kunitz give Penguins 2-0 Lead!!!

HometownGal
02-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Hawks tied it up in the 2nd, but Miro Satan just scored to give the Pens a 3-2 lead! :banana:

HometownGal
02-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Max Talbot scores to make it 4-2 Pens! :applaudit:

HometownGal
02-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Sarge to Geno with a laser to win in OT 5-4! :applaudit::thumbsup::hatsoff:

Kunitz looked really good tonight imho. Got his first goal as a Pen, was all over that ice checking, hitting and playing hard. Can't wait to see him with Sid!

devilsdancefloor
02-27-2009, 11:26 PM
good game tonight! i really thouight the game was over in the 2nd when it was 4-2, but hawks got some mo going int hte 3rd just couldnt finish hats off tot he pens!

pittsburghp8baller
02-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Kunitz and Staal was one of the few Pens who actually showed up today, one of the ugliest thirds i have seen.

Fleury was a little shaky but in the end he came through and was the one who keep us in it.

Ill take the two points but the way we played wasnt worthy of two. on the flip side of it i can see why Chicago is a good team, they have a great bunch of defenseman, and are really good moving the puck around in the offensive zone.

X-Terminator
02-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Sarge to Geno with a laser to win in OT 5-4! :applaudit::thumbsup::hatsoff:

Kunitz looked really good tonight imho. Got his first goal as a Pen, was all over that ice checking, hitting and playing hard. Can't wait to see him with Sid!

Although I still question the trade and felt the Pens should have gotten more for Whitney, you will come to like Kunitz pretty quickly. He plays that style of game every single night. He is always around the net, too, and will score most of his goals the way he did tonight.

Anyway, I'll certainly take the 2 points, but I came away VERY impressed with the Blackhawks. They are such an aggressive team and everyone can skate, from the top liners to the 3rd D pairing. If it wasn't for Fleury, the Pens probably would have given up 7 or 8 goals easily.

Fire Haley
02-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Still holding steadily in that 10th spot.

But only 2pts out of 6th now!

HometownGal
02-28-2009, 08:35 AM
On to Dallas Sunday afternoon to play the Stars. Should be a good one! :thumbsup:

Anyone hear anything on Tyler Kennedy's injury last night?

SteelCityMan786
02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
On to Dallas Sunday afternoon to play the Stars. Should be a good one! :thumbsup:

Anyone hear anything on Tyler Kennedy's injury last night?

Still calling an undisclosed one.

steelpride12
02-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Well yes the Pens blew two 2 goal leads, but 2 points is 2 points and the Pens sitting in the 10th spot are One win out of 6th place with many teams falling apart down the stretch.
Kunitz I thought played very well cannot complain with a goal and assist and i truly like the physicality he brings to this team and surprised with the amount of hits he has this season, he sure will be a boost and can't wait to see him with Sid.

Sketchy third period, but thr Hawks are one hell of a good team and remind me of the young Pens of last season, with amazing scoring defense as wel and winning against them was surely key.
Well a definite winnable game coming up Sunday against the Stars and something once again this point in the season with the standing a must win.
GO PENS!

X-Terminator
02-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Rangers win, Panthers, Sabres and Hurricanes all lose, so if the Pens win tomorrow, they will move into the 8th and final playoff spot.

devilsdancefloor
03-01-2009, 12:54 AM
wel i really think by the end of the season the pens will be sitting in the 5th spot in the east. They are too good of a team not to be.

pittsburghp8baller
03-01-2009, 01:57 AM
wel i really think by the end of the season the pens will be sitting in the 5th spot in the east. They are too good of a team not to be.

well if they are gonna be there, they better get moving. hope they do i dont want none of boston or washington in the 1st round

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 10:15 AM
well if they are gonna be there, they better get moving. hope they do i dont want none of boston or washington in the 1st round

Im hoping mostly right now for a 6th place spot so they are away from both of those teams, but as of right now lets just hope they get to the playoffs.

Fire Haley
03-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Florida, Buffalo and Carolina must all lose.

That is the mantra.

X-Terminator
03-01-2009, 02:06 PM
A 6 seed isn't entirely out of the question - they'd be only 2 points out of 6th if they win today. They'd be only 4 points out of 5th as well. If the Pens do well on this road trip and stay within striking distance, they will be sitting pretty good with 9 of 10 games at home from March 10 - April 1.

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Well we have to win today before any of this can happen. Game time a little over a half an hour and still unsure of Crosby, the site considers him unknown, but im really anxious to see him and Kunitz and Fedo light up the score board.
GO PENS!

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Crosby officially out today on the Pens Pregame Show.

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 03:15 PM
GOOOOALLL! Staal playing of fire lately, a two on one Malkin shot rebound Staal finishes.
Pens take an early 1-0 lead early.
GO PENS!

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Modano out, looks like he landed on his skate to the stomach ouch!

WERE DID MY SIGNAL GO! I CAN'T SEE THE GAME!

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 03:40 PM
GOOOALLLL! Good feed from Malkin and Letang finishes it with his offensive skills giving the Pens the late first period 2-0 goal!
GO PENS!

HometownGal
03-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Satan scores and makes it 3-0 Pens! :banana:

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 04:12 PM
GOOOOALLLLLLL!! a bad pass stolen by Satan, a good shot fake and an easy put in!
Pens take a strong 3-0 lead mid through the game!
GO PENS!

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Good to see you Sydor, Malkin just lit him up!

steelpride12
03-01-2009, 04:23 PM
GOOOOALLLL!!!! Malkin in front of the net on the PP Pens take a huge 4 to 0 lead and the Stars with only 7 shots!
GO PENS!

devilsdancefloor
03-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Satan scores and makes it 3-0 Pens! :banana:

http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/3/1/gumby12001/f_HOCKEYSMILEm_4a991c6.gif

i knew the pens sold their soul