PDA

View Full Version : Pens Tidbits

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

X-Terminator
11-27-2009, 03:42 PM
And, unfortunately, I turned out to be correct. Pens lose 3-2, blowing another 3rd period lead and really looked lethargic today. So their afternoon game woes continue. I suspect they will look much better tomorrow night against the Rags.

4xSBChamps
11-27-2009, 03:48 PM
And, unfortunately, I turned out to be correct. Pens lose 3-2, blowing another 3rd period lead and really looked lethargic today. So their afternoon game woes continue. I suspect they will look much better tomorrow night against the Rags.

I was listening on the InterWeb, and early-on, the Ol' 2-Niner said the Penguins were really flying, then I was distracted with long-distance phone calls until the game was almost over:
what-happened?

X-Terminator
11-27-2009, 03:52 PM
I was listening on the InterWeb, and early-on, the Ol' 2-Niner said the Penguins were really flying, then I was distracted with long-distance phone calls until the game was almost over:
what-happened?

The 2nd and 3rd periods happened, that's what. They were badly outplayed in the 3rd especially - were outshot 18-5 and were outhit by almost 3-1. They had a 5-on-3 PP and 4 minutes of PP time late in the 2nd and couldn't score to give them a 2-goal lead, and the Isles took control of the game after that.

Oh well, it was not their day today. If they're on their game, they smoke the Isles, but it is what it is. And with the Devils winning today, their lead is a single point in the Atlantic. Hope the Bolts do us a favor and beat the Rags tonight.

4xSBChamps
11-27-2009, 08:28 PM
The 2nd and 3rd periods happened, that's what. They were badly outplayed in the 3rd especially - were outshot 18-5 and were outhit by almost 3-1. They had a 5-on-3 PP and 4 minutes of PP time late in the 2nd and couldn't score to give them a 2-goal lead, and the Isles took control of the game after that.

Oh well, it was not their day today. If they're on their game, they smoke the Isles, but it is what it is. And with the Devils winning today, their lead is a single point in the Atlantic. Hope the Bolts do us a favor and beat the Rags tonight.

..... at the end of the 2nd period of play, the score is Tampa Bay 4 (Stamkos, Foster, Szczechura & Downie), New Rat City no-score (King Hank is chased after the 4th goal)

4xSBChamps
11-27-2009, 09:28 PM
..... and your final, from the St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa 5, New Rat City 1

X-Terminator
11-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Awesome! Hopefully we'll be able to inflict some more pain on the Rags tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

How about Stamkos, though? 16 goals already after scoring 23 in his rookie season, with most of those coming in the final 25 games of the season. And it looks like yet another game where VL4 doesn't show up on the score sheet. What the hell is going on with him?

4xSBChamps
11-28-2009, 05:16 AM
Awesome! Hopefully we'll be able to inflict some more pain on the Rags tomorrow night. :thumbsup:

How about Stamkos, though? 16 goals already after scoring 23 in his rookie season, with most of those coming in the final 25 games of the season. And it looks like yet another game where VL4 doesn't show up on the score sheet. What the hell is going on with him?

Stamkos has improvement ahead of him, but he is quickly becoming the real-deal, with an extremely quick release & accurate shot:
working-out with Gary Roberts no-doubt helped his body, and mind.

Lecavalier is playing much better in recent weeks, much-more physical (when Avery came looking for him during a scrum, VL4 started throwing punches, gloves-on, first), but I don't think his mind-set & style mesh with Tocchet's idea of playing forward:
sometimes, VL4 wants to skate in circles on the perimeter and set-up a pretty play, where Tocchet wants the puck throw at the net, then everybody look for ugly goals, like Bugsy is getting, and finishing checks (which Lecavalier avoids at-times)

Tampa Bay is not a bad hockey team this year

X-Terminator
11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
From the Pens' website:

The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-assigned defensemen Deryk Engelland and Ben Lovejoy to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, it was announced by Executive Vice President and General Manager Ray Shero.

Engelland made his NHL debut Nov. 10 at Boston and recorded his first point (an assist) Nov. 16 vs. Anaheim. He posted two assists and 17 penalty minutes in nine games with Pittsburgh.

In eight games with Pittsburgh, Lovejoy collected three assists and a plus-5 rating. During his stint, Lovejoy saw action on the Penguins’ power-play and penalty-killing units while averaging nearly 18 minutes per game (17:53). Lovejoy notched his first career NHL point (an assist) Nov. 14 vs. Boston.

Well shit - I was hoping to see Skoula waived and Engelland kept up here. I liked Engelland's game a lot - physical, tough, reasonably solid in his own end and will fight. You can never have too many guys like that.

Anyway, the good news is that these moves mean that both Kris Letang and Alex Goligoski will be returning to the lineup tonight, leaving Jay McKee as the only defenseman still on IR.

EDIT: Just read on the Pens site that McKee hopes to return Monday night, which means we'd finally have our regular D corps together for the first time since October 20 when Gonchar got hurt. No word on Kunitz and Kennedy and when they will be back, though.

EDIT #2: TK is back in as well!

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Marc Staal makes it 1-0 Rags.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Crosby and Malkin make it 2-1 Pittsburgh.

4xSBChamps
11-28-2009, 07:14 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%202009-2010/SuperstarMaxTalbotReturns.jpg

makes it 3-1!!!!!

X-Terminator
11-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Pens are just killing the Rags right now, 7-3. Sid with a HT and 5 points tonight. And there's probably going to be a brawl here before it's all said and done, with the way the Rags have been chippy tonight.

EDIT: Make that 8-3 Pens - Letang with a goal and the 8th point by the defense.

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Pens are just killing the Rags right now, 7-3. Sid with a HT and 5 points tonight. And there's probably going to be a brawl here before it's all said and done, with the way the Rags have been chippy tonight.

EDIT: Make that 8-3 Pens - Letang with a goal and the 8th point by the defense.

Did you say something? :toofunny:

I don't get why Torts doesn't put in Lundqvist. Vallaquette looks like he doesn't even want to be in net and is losing confidence goal by goal.

4xSBChamps
11-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Staal, telling Voros 'SCOREBOARD'

SteelCityMom
11-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Haha Brashear don't want none of Godard.

And happy to see Tank drew some blood from that hack Avery.

4xSBChamps
11-28-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't get why Torts doesn't put in Lundqvist..

Hank got tuned-up last night in Tampa pretty good

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2009, 09:07 PM
And what do ya know? Good ol Sean Avery did his same old stupid stuff. Good Job Buddy! :rofl:

X-Terminator
11-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Avery and Brashear are both pieces of shit, and I hope Godard and Rupp make both of their candy asses pay on Monday night. Why Avery is still allowed to play hockey after all of the shit he's pulled, not just on the ice but off it, is beyond me. Only the Rangers would pick him up.

I know Torts is going to ream some asses good tonight, though. He looked like he wanted to blow up on the bench.

X-Terminator
11-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Cooke suspended 2 games:

Pittsburgh Penguins left-winger Matt Cooke was suspended for two games without pay by the NHL on Sunday for a deliberate check to the head area of New York Rangers centre Artem Anisimov on Saturday night.

Cooke, also suspended for two games in January, is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Because of that, he forfeited US$29,268 in salary based on the number of games (82) in a season, rather than the number of days (193). The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Cooke was assessed a minor penalty for interference at 7:39 of the third period. Anisimov was injured on the play and did not return to the game.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300500

Definitely deserved. Typical Cooke cheap shot. As many know, I don't like the guy and didn't agree with the signing in the first place. This is just one of the reasons why.

SteelCityMan786
11-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Cooke suspended 2 games:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300500

Definitely deserved. Typical Cooke cheap shot. As many know, I don't like the guy and didn't agree with the signing in the first place. This is just one of the reasons why.

Any word on Avery or Brashear?

HometownGal
11-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Cooke suspended 2 games:

Yes it was deserved. Yes it was a cheap shot. Every team has their cheap shot artist and Cookie is ours. Back in the day, teams hated Battleship Kelly and Durbano. A couple of years back, teams hated Kasperitis and in this day and age, teams hate Ruutu. However, when they were wearing Pens unis, we loved 'em. Personally, I like Cookie and his aggressive play - he works hard (when he's not cheaping someone) and when he's on the ice, he's hitting anything that moves out there.

Shea
11-29-2009, 11:42 PM
That definitely was a great game last night, lots of goals for the Pens, and an overall really fun hockey game to watch.

I agree XT about the Ranger's goons. Would love to especially see Avery and his punk ass kicked out of the league. Was even surprised to see a Ranger try to go after Jordan. You'd think with Marc being on the Rangers that his brother would be off-limits, but that's hockey for you.

I loved the Happy Birthday chant for Flower.

I loved Sid's hatty on hat night at Mellon. (I wonder if the maintenance crew were cursing under their breath having to scoop up all those hats. :chuckle:)

I loved seeing the defensive players getting healthy and getting back on the ice.

And I love the fact that we get to see another match-up against them tomorrow night.

Hopefully it will be another ass kickin!

X-Terminator
11-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Any word on Avery or Brashear?

Neither one got suspended, and honestly, neither of them should have been. They will both be made to answer tomorrow night, at least I'm hoping they are. Of course, Rangers fans think Fedotenko tried to slew foot Avery to justify him being jumped, but of course, that didn't happen. And Brashear...well, what pissed me off more than anything wasn't that he went after Cooke for the hit, it's that he clearly turned down Godard's invitation to fight and wouldn't answer the bell. That is why he gets very little respect from his peers and most fans. Even Rangers fans don't like him.

Yes it was deserved. Yes it was a cheap shot. Every team has their cheap shot artist and Cookie is ours. Back in the day, teams hated Battleship Kelly and Durbano. A couple of years back, teams hated Kasperitis and in this day and age, teams hate Ruutu. However, when they were wearing Pens unis, we loved 'em. Personally, I like Cookie and his aggressive play - he works hard (when he's not cheaping someone) and when he's on the ice, he's hitting anything that moves out there.

The difference between Battleship Kelly/Durbano and guys like Cooke is that they backed up their cheap shots and outright muggings with their fists. Kasparaitis just made a lot of huge hits and didn't care if you were a superstar or a plugger, and that's why he was hated so much. Lord knows he'd be suspended every week if he played today, with the way he hit guys back in the day. Ruutu has done a whole lot of cheap shit in his career, but again, he's willing to throw down. While Cooke did do the honorable thing and fight Callahan last night, it is NOT the norm for him. I don't like him, but I've accepted that he's wearing the skating penguin on his chest and acknowledge that when he isn't being cheap and dirty, he is an important part of the Pens' 3rd line. But I have to admit that I would not be sad if the Pens decide not to give him another contract after this season. I'd rather them try to sign Steve Ott away from Dallas - same kind of player, but is good for 10+ fights per year and regularly answers the bell for his dirty play.

Shea
11-30-2009, 01:08 AM
Speaking of suspensions, I agree and accept that Cooke should have been suspended for what he did. But does it chap anybody else's ass that Ovechkin never gets reprimanded for his antics and cheap shots?

He recently was ejected from a game for his crappy sportsmanship and thuggish behaviour, which is something, but the league needs to finally make a stance and show him he's not above the rules and his continued disregard for them. He needs to be suspended for his actions just as the rest of the players in the league. I say sit his ass like any other player behaving in the same manner, and quit coddling his ass just because he's a "superstar".

X-Terminator
11-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Speaking of suspensions, I agree and accept that Cooke should have been suspended for what he did. But does it chap anybody else's ass that Ovechkin never gets reprimanded for his antics and cheap shots?

He recently was ejected from a game for his crappy sportsmanship and thuggish behaviour, which is something, but the league needs to finally make a stance and show him he's not above the rules and his continued disregard for them. He needs to be suspended for his actions just as the rest of the players in the league. I say sit his ass like any other player behaving in the same manner, and quit coddling his ass just because he's a "superstar".

People have been complaining for years about the clear double-standard the league has when it comes to handing out discipline. Ovechkin has repeatedly hit guys from behind and taken out guys with knee-on-knee hits, but because he's a superstar, he gets nothing more than a nod and wink. In his second season, he nearly killed Danny Briere with a hit from behind while Briere was with the Sabres. Got a major for boarding and a game misconduct. Briere missed several games with a concussion. Was Ovechkin suspended? No, of course not. We all remember the dirty knee-on-knee hit on Gonchar in the playoffs, for which he got a fine and a "stern talking-to" from the league, who said that if he did something like that again, he'd be suspended. Well, he recently slew-footed a player and got yet another boarding major and gamer against the Sabres last week, which you referenced. He got fined for the slew-foot; nothing at all for the board. Way to talk out of both sides of your mouth, NHL. He does anything he wants out there, even injure players, and he knows that the league will never suspend him because of who he is. Give me a break. No player is above the rules, whether it's Ovechkin or Crosby or Malkin.

I think this flowchart says it all about how the league thinks when it comes to suspensions. You may think this is a joke, and in some ways it is, but sadly, it is usually dead-on:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4093950458_03e4645497_o.gif

steelpride12
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
GOOOALLLLL!!! The next shift less than 30 seconds after a Gaborik goal Crosby with a huge backhander to tie the game up and give the momentum back with the Pens and shut this crowd up!

steelpride12
11-30-2009, 07:13 PM
GOOALLLLL!!!! A set faceoff win by Staal and great pass to Rupp and another good back hander in the net to give the Pens a sweet 2 to 1 lead.

4xSBChamps
11-30-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm watching the game on the MSG-tream, and they just showed a pair of interesting out-of-town highlights

#1 - Meunky smacked an opponent knee-on-knee, both players are hurt, but Meunky drew a 5 minute major and a game-misconduct

#2 - after surrendering a goal, Panther goalie Vokoun was on his knees when a frustrated defenseman swung his stick at the pipe, striking Vokoun in the head/neck, and he was helped off the ice

:doh:

SteelCityMan786
11-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Someone rip the stick out of Gaborik. He's the only reason why the Rags seem to be even in this game.

X-Terminator
11-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm watching the game on the MSG-tream, and they just showed a pair of interesting out-of-town highlights

#1 - Meunky smacked an opponent knee-on-knee, both players are hurt, but Meunky drew a 5 minute major and a game-misconduct

#2 - after surrendering a goal, Panther goalie Vokoun was on his knees when a frustrated defenseman swung his stick at the pipe, striking Vokoun in the head/neck, and he was helped off the ice

#1 - Now I want to see what the league does to the Caveman this time. That's his second major and gamer in less than a week. They almost have to suspend him now - they will look like absolute tools if they don't, at least more than they already are.

#2 - I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head at the sheer stupidity of Keith Ballard KOing his own goalie. That is NOT going to go over well in the locker room or the front office.

4xSBChamps
11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Duane Rupp sells hockey-sticks, made from balsa-wood!!!!!

steelpride12
11-30-2009, 08:13 PM
GOOOALLLLL!!! His 7th already of the season Mike Rupp rips a wrister past the up right corner of King Henry with 8 min left giving the Pens a 3 to 2 lead!

steelpride12
11-30-2009, 08:23 PM
GOOALLLLLLL!!! A ripped shot from Eaton deflected off of Sid's stick into the net to give him his second of the night and most importantly a 4 to 2 lead with 4 min. left!
GO PENS!

steelpride12
11-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Who would have guess GOOALLLL!!! A crazy empty netter by Rupp with Ragers all around him get a hat trick and finishes off the Ranger 5 to 2! WOOOHOOO!!!

4xSBChamps
11-30-2009, 08:29 PM
..... Ranger-fans.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%202009-2010/DanBylsma-OhYouGotOwned.jpg

KeiselPower99
11-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I wish we could play the Rangers every game. Sid would have 100 goals a year.

Shea
11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
#1 - Now I want to see what the league does to the Caveman this time. That's his second major and gamer in less than a week. They almost have to suspend him now - they will look like absolute tools if they don't, at least more than they already are.

I'm thinking the same about him finally getting the suspension. To act so foolishly within such a short frame of time shows me the league is going to finally realize that they have to do something, because otherwise he is never going to change or get it, ever.

He might have bigger issues though than missing a few games due to suspension. He looked like he might have seriously injured himself on that play and could miss some extensive playing time. I'm sure we'll find out more tomorrow. I'm hoping karma reared it's head to bite him on the ass here and if it did I won't miss seeing him for awhile.

And I loved the chart, XT. :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
11-30-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm reading that Bodreau was quoted as saying Meunky 'led with his shoulder'.....

:mad:

..... just like the hit on Sarge, eh, Fatty?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/Banana-BoyhittingGoncharleadingwith.jpg

Shea
11-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Shoulder to shoulder?? Puh-lease! :rolleyes:

OCH2S1ve1xg

It will be interesting to hear what information we get from the Caps tomorrow about an injury update. He never puts weight on the leg - looks like he really might have screwed himself on this one.

X-Terminator
11-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Of course Fatso is going to say he was leading with his shoulder - he's not going to call him out for being the dirty, cheap shot bastard that he is. If he knew how to throw a hit properly, he wouldn't knee players, or hit them from behind, or slew foot them. I knew that eventually karma was going to bite him in the ass, and it may come in the form of a torn ACL when he has his MRI done tomorrow. Maybe that would teach him how to play the game and be physical without cheap shots and injuring players. It took Brooks Orpik breaking Erik Cole's neck on a hit from behind before he finally figured it out.

My guess is that once again, the league will look the other way and Cavey gets away with another dirty hit without so much as a fine. Gleason turned out OK, BTW, and ended up finishing the game.

As for the Pens tonight, I only got to watch the 3rd period, and what a period it was. Congratulations to Mike Rupp on his first NHL hat trick! What an excellent pickup he has turned out to be, and New Jersey fans have to be scratching their heads wondering where all of this scoring was when he played there. Well, they wanted him to be an enforcer, something that he really is not, and that plus their defensive system prevented him from showing off his offensive skills. Nice to see Sid keep up his scoring pace as well - he's slowly but surely working his way back up the scoring list - he's now tied for 3rd in the league in scoring and tied for 3rd in the league in goals. He's on pace to score 50 goals this season, which would be awesome if he does - he'd be the first Penguin to score 50 since Jagr did it in 2000-01. He said he was going to work on his shot and even swapped his wood stick for the one-piece composite stick, and it's really paying off. I've never seen him shoot the puck with so much velocity before this season.

Angus Burgher
12-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Crosby is amazing. The guy is a Godsend and its always a great pick-me-up after a Steelers loss to check the hockey scores and see that the Pens won a few more games. I just wish I got to see more of them.

Shea
12-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Sid is on fire right now. I think he's got eight points in his last two games alone. I hope he keeps up in the points race since there are alot of people that criticize him and view him only for what he brings in that department. I know wins are more important, but I'd love to see him put up some huge numbers this year and temporarily shut up his critics.

Was great to see Rupp get his only career hatty on his son's birthday, who asked of his dad for a birthday goal and dad came through with not only one but three. Cute side story to the game.

Fire Haley
12-01-2009, 08:14 AM
ha ha ha

That's how you suck Rangers - giving up a hatty to Mike Rupp!

Two hat tricks in two games - way to go Pens!

Edman
12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Just read up that Ovechdick got hurt.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Great news after demolishing the Rangers once more.

Shea
12-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Ovechkin suspended for two games
Tuesday, 12.01.2009 / 4:04 PM / News NHL.com

The NHL announced Tuesday that Washington Capitals' forward Alexander Ovechkin has been suspended two games as the result of a knee-on-knee collision with Tim Gleason of the Carolina Hurricanes Monday night in a 3-2 Washington victory.

Ovechkin was issued a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct for the collision with Gleason. Ovechkin said he was just trying to "make a normal hit" on Gleason, but the 'Canes' defenseman turned quickly and Ovechkin didn't react in time.

Nevertheless, it was his second game misconduct in the last three games. He also was called for a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct in last Wednesday's game against Buffalo.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Looks like he wasn't seriously injured and is already up and skating some. He's listed day-to-day, but I'm happy to see the suspension. It's long overdue.

Fire Haley
12-01-2009, 04:43 PM
karma karma karma

SteelCityMan786
12-01-2009, 05:04 PM

The NHL announced Tuesday that Washington Capitals' forward Alexander Ovechkin has been suspended two games as the result of a knee-on-knee collision with Tim Gleason of the Carolina Hurricanes Monday night in a 3-2 Washington victory.

Ovechkin was issued a five-minute major for kneeing and a game misconduct for the collision with Gleason. Ovechkin said he was just trying to "make a normal hit" on Gleason, but the 'Canes' defenseman turned quickly and Ovechkin didn't react in time.

Nevertheless, it was his second game misconduct in the last three games. He also was called for a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct in last Wednesday's game against Buffalo.

Looks like he wasn't seriously injured and is already up and skating some. He's listed day-to-day, but I'm happy to see the suspension. It's long overdue.

Would've been nice if Ovie would have gotten this in May to.

4xSBChamps
12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
karma karma karma

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%202009-2010/KarmaforMeunky.jpg
photo courtesy thePensBlog

X-Terminator
12-01-2009, 07:40 PM
I can't believe the league mustered up enough balls to suspend him - I thought for sure they'd find some way to let him off the hook. Long, long overdue for all of the cheap shots he's dished out over the years.

Yes, Cavey...that is karma staring you in the face. Bitch, isn't it? :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
12-01-2009, 08:01 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/Takingrunsurdoingitwrong.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/OvechkinNancyKerrigan.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/Ovechkincelebratinggoal.jpg

pittsburghp8baller
12-02-2009, 01:59 AM
I can't believe the league mustered up enough balls to suspend him - I thought for sure they'd find some way to let him off the hook. Long, long overdue for all of the cheap shots he's dished out over the years.

Yes, Cavey...that is karma staring you in the face. Bitch, isn't it? :chuckle:

The shitty thing is that he was probably gonna end up missing the next two games anyways so its kind of a wash.

Im glad he finally got what was coming, he needs to learn that he cant run around doing whatever he wants.

4xSBChamps
12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
in an early-evening game involving a pair of Eastern Conference teams currently in the Top 8, Boston (6th) leads Tampa (8th) 2-0, on goals by Savard & Recchi, at the end of one period:
Lightning D Matt Smaby dresses for his first game of the season, with Mike Smith in goal, facing Tim Thomas for the Broons

4xSBChamps
12-02-2009, 07:48 PM
..... with a pair of late 2nd period goals by Sturm, Boston will take a 4-0 lead into the 3rd against Tampa:
if the Lightning win, Philthadelphia would fall 3 points out of the 8th seeding, yet have played 2 less games than the Bolts

X-Terminator
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
..... with a pair of late 2nd period goals by Sturm, Boston will take a 4-0 lead into the 3rd against Tampa:
if the Lightning win, Philthadelphia would fall 3 points out of the 8th seeding, yet have played 2 less games than the Bolts

Killadelphia out of the playoffs right now makes me giggle. :chuckle:

Devils are about to go down to bitter defeat at the hands of the Canucks, so if the Pens win tomorrow night, they will open up a 5-point lead.

4xSBChamps
12-02-2009, 08:36 PM
The Lightning register a single (Halpern) 3rd period goal, and lose to Boston 4-1

HometownGal
12-03-2009, 06:15 AM

:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit:

It's about freakin' time. :banana:

I'm still pissed at what he did to my Serg last year. :mad:

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm still pissed at what he did to my Serg last year.

..... pay-back is coming.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/orpikfear.gif

I see vast-quantities of FREE-CANDY in Meunky's future

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm watching the Colorado feed of the game, and during an early break, they showed the 'GMC Keys to the Game':
it simply said
'BE AFRAID - BE VERY AFRAID'

:toofunny:

Fire Haley
12-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm watching Ave's feed too....

Baby Blue power?

Maybe not. Garbage goal from in front.

Skate skate skate

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Skate skate skate

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/RegDunlopinlocker-room.jpg

"..... team-work..... skate-hard..... better-passing....."

Fire Haley
12-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Aves are looking quicker to the puck right now.

HometownGal
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Crosby scores with 6.1 secs left in the period to tie it at 1! :banana:

LETS GO PENS!

Fire Haley
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Whata pretty goal! SID!
7 sec!

X-Terminator
12-03-2009, 07:22 PM
18 goals in 29 games for Sid...wow. He keeps this up, he just might put up 50. A pretty give-and-go with Rupp too. It's also his 150th goal - congrats, Sid!

Man, I hope they can beat the Avs. That damn team has owned the Pens ever since they moved to Colorado - they've only beaten them twice in that span.

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Crosby scores with 6.1 secs left in the period to tie it at 1! :banana:

LETS GO PENS!

as the puck came up the near boards, I told the pooch, 'here comes another late-period, back-breaking goal'

and wasn't I correct?

Colorado broadcasters seem impressed with Pittsburgh's defense, with all 5 men helping out

I didn't know Engblom did between-period work for the Avalanche

Scuzzadelphia still scoreless with Vancouver in the 2nd, while Buf leads Mtl 4-0, as-do the Craps over Florida

P.S. & Edmonton is smokin' those old men in the D, 4-1

X-Terminator
12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
as the puck came up the near boards, I told the pooch, 'here comes another late-period, back-breaking goal'

and wasn't I correct?

Colorado broadcasters seem impressed with Pittsburgh's defense, with all 5 men helping out

I didn't know Engblom did between-period work for the Avalanche

Scuzzadelphia still scoreless with Vancouver in the 2nd, while Buf leads Mtl 4-0, as-do the Craps over Florida

P.S. & Edmonton is smokin' those old men in the D, 4-1

Funny, the Pens annnouncers have said the same thing about the Avs tonight. Are they reading each others' notes or something? :chuckle:

I knew Engblom did work for the Avs - I've watched a few of their games online. Their announcers aren't bad, though they can be major homers. Our guys are huge homers too, so I can't really say much.

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 07:46 PM
the Canuckiens have scored again, and lead Rendellphia 2-0 very late (0:36) in the 2nd

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 07:54 PM
is it me, or has the 2nd period slowed-down, with sloppier play & more penalties and face-offs

I heard that Colorado got into 'da Burgh at 2:45 AM, so maybe they are slowing down & getting tired?

Fire Haley
12-03-2009, 08:07 PM
2nd P.

Pens - 3 shots on goal?

Not good enough

X-Terminator
12-03-2009, 08:24 PM
is it me, or has the 2nd period slowed-down, with sloppier play & more penalties and face-offs

I heard that Colorado got into 'da Burgh at 2:45 AM, so maybe they are slowing down & getting tired?

Well, I just hope they are, and the Pens can take advantage. But as I said earlier, the Pens are snake-bitten against the Avs. They were a way better team than them last year and still got beat by them pretty soundly. Give them credit - they are playing a good road game so far and not giving the Pens much of anything.

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 08:39 PM
DJ Billy G, with the go-ahead goal!!!!!

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
with the Square-heads losing to Vancouver 3-0, and questions arising about 'leadership'

on that team, will Stevens last much-longer as Coach in the City of Muggerly-Thugs?

4xSBChamps
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
the Two-Headed Monster & the Condor ice the game

X-Terminator
12-03-2009, 10:27 PM
with the Square-heads losing to Vancouver 3-0, and questions arising about 'leadership'

on that team, will Stevens last much-longer as Coach in the City of Muggerly-Thugs?

What, you mean Richards and Pronger aren't being the great leaders they're supposed to be? I mean, that's what every Flyers fan thinks, while thinking Sidney Crosby - STANLEY CUP WINNING Sidney Crosby - is a terrible leader and captain. :toofunny:

Anyway, I would say unless things turn around quickly, Prof. Stevens' days as coach are numbered for sure. That team does have a lot of talent even with Gagne on the shelf AGAIN, but he's getting nothing out of them. Plus, there were whispers about Richards last year about how he parties too much and doesn't always focus on hockey. That's NOT what great leaders do.

Great job by the Pens tonight, BTW, to finally get a win over those damned Avs. From listening on the radio on the way in, they completely took control of the game in the 3rd, giving up just 1 shot on goal. Sid with 2 more goals and 3 points tonight, and is now 3rd in the league in scoring behind Gaborik (37) and Thornton (39). So they do open up that 5-point lead over the Devils and lead the NHL in wins. :thumbsup:

Shea
12-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I know we've moved on from the Rangers, but I had to post this picture of Fleury poppin Avery in the mouth, something that needs to happen more often.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3WkIQw4ovq0/SxhWvdb9y7I/AAAAAAAALoU/Pl9nwutylPI/s1600/maf-belts-

I love it..........:sofunny:

X-Terminator
12-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Great picture! Avery is lucky he didn't play in the 80s and stand in front of the net like that. Hextall probably would have killed him. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-04-2009, 01:52 AM
San Jose loses in a shootout, 3-2, so the Pens still have the most wins in the league. However, the Craps are ahead of them for the conference points lead since they've played 1 less game. First meeting with the Craps isn't until January 21, if you can believe it. They will have finished the season series with the Panthers and Sens before then.

HometownGal
12-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Great picture! Avery is lucky he didn't play in the 80s and stand in front of the net like that. Hextall probably would have killed him. :chuckle:

He's also lucky he didn't play in the early 90's. Barrasso would have knocked his teeth out before he killed him. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-04-2009, 09:01 PM
He's also lucky he didn't play in the early 90's. Barrasso would have knocked his teeth out before he killed him. :chuckle:

Yep, exactly! :chuckle:

BTW, Prof. Stevens is out as Flyers' head coach - Peter Laviolette takes over for him: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=508662&navid=DL|NHL|home

Yeah, it's really his fault his team is underperforming. I mean, Chris Pronger called out his captain Richards for dogging it and not being a good leader, and he's been a Flyer for less than 5 months. That tells you all you need to know about who's really at fault here.

devilsdancefloor
12-04-2009, 10:28 PM
hey all just thought i would say hey tomorrow night is a big game for me at least the pens vs the hawks! That is a great pic of get out of my crease. I ove goals that protect their crease. One of the reasons i am a huge fan of eddie belfour! Sad to say he is a AHL goalie coach for the st louis blues (that was really hard to type). Anyway good luck tomorrow!!

X-Terminator
12-04-2009, 10:45 PM
hey all just thought i would say hey tomorrow night is a big game for me at least the pens vs the hawks! That is a great pic of get out of my crease. I ove goals that protect their crease. One of the reasons i am a huge fan of eddie belfour! Sad to say he is a AHL goalie coach for the st louis blues (that was really hard to type). Anyway good luck tomorrow!!

Thanks - should be a great game! I watched the Hawks game on Versus the other night, and they look and play so much like the Pens that it's scary. It's nice to see them winning again for a lot of reasons, the main one being that they're not Detroit! :flap: :drink:

4xSBChamps
12-05-2009, 05:48 AM
BTW, Prof. Stevens is out as Flyers' head coach - Peter Laviolette takes over for him: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=508662&navid=DL|NHL|home

Yeah, it's really his fault his team is underperforming. I mean, Chris Pronger called out his captain Richards for dogging it and not being a good leader, and he's been a Flyer for less than 5 months. That tells you all you need to know about who's really at fault here.

anything that helps encourage suicide, or better-yet, MASS suicide, in Philthadelphia, is fine in my book

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/UncleSamsaysPHLYERSSUCK.jpg

I'm 4xSB, and I endorse this message

HometownGal
12-05-2009, 07:46 AM

XT and I are going to the game tonight - should be a WOW of a game! :drink:

I'll probably be hoarse after the game from cheering on my Pens and booing that traitor Hossa. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
12-05-2009, 10:24 AM

I'll probably be hoarse after the game from cheering on my Pens and booing that traitor Hossa. :chuckle:

http://query-origin.andohs.net/8000A6/content-root3.andomedia.com/origin/mp3/stations/1207/crow/hossa-611.mp3

Never Gets Old!!! :sofunny:

X-Terminator
12-05-2009, 12:49 PM

This has the potential of being the best game of the season. Both of these teams can really bring it...however, the Hawks did play last night at home and lost to Nashville, so that could play into the Pens' favor.

I can't wait to see some of the signs the fans come up with to greet Hoser. I'm sure most of them will remind him that he's still ringless, courtesy of the team he stiffed. :thumbsup: I'm thinking a giant picture of the Pens' Cup ring, right behind the Hawks' bench. Let him know what could have been. :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
12-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks - should be a great game! I watched the Hawks game on Versus the other night, and they look and play so much like the Pens that it's scary. It's nice to see them winning again for a lot of reasons, the main one being that they're not Detroit! :flap: :drink:

lol i know it is nice to see them winning again it hs been far to long and the last time the cup was in chicago was before i was a twinkle in my fathers eye. UGH. but i have faith the next few years they will get it done. Anytime anyone can get in a hipcheck on the deadwings we can :drink::drink: to that! I just havent figured out why we picked up hossa im not a fan of his at all, but of course if he puts the puck in the net tonight it will not stop me from :tt04::tt04::tt04: :wink02:! I hope you and HTG have a great time at the game tonight i am a bit green with envy!

SteelCityMom
12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Capitals Claim Chris Bourque off Waivers from Pittsburgh
Saturday, 12.05.2009 / 3:39 PM / News
ARLINGTON, Va., – The Washington Capitals have claimed forward Chris Bourque off waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins and assigned him to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.

Bourque returns to the Washington organization after recording three assists in 20 games this season for the Penguins, who claimed the 23-year-old off waivers from the Capitals on Sept. 30.

The 5’10”, 177-pound native of Boston, Mass., was the Capitals’ second-round choice, 33rd overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft and has scored one goal in 12 career games with Washington. He has played four seasons with the Bears and helped Hershey win the Calder Cup in 2006 and 2009. Last year, he recorded 21 goals and 52 assists in 69 games to finish third in the Hershey scoring race with 73 points. Bourque tallied five goals and 16 assists in 22 playoff games, as Hershey won their AHL record 10th Calder Cup.

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=508784

SteelCityMom
12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Penguins Recall Forward Mark Letestu
Saturday, 12.05.2009 / 1:22 PM / News
Pittsburgh Penguins
The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled forward Mark Letestu from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, it was announced by Executive Vice President and General Manager Ray Shero.

Letestu, 24, made his NHL debut in the Penguins’ 6-5 overtime victory over the Boston Bruins Nov. 14, and appeared in two games during his previous stint in Pittsburgh.

Letestu has been one of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s top scoring threats with 13 points (4G-9A) in 14 games. The Elk Point, Alberta native has played the last two-plus seasons in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, finishing third on the team in scoring last season with 61 points on 24 goals and 37 assists in 73 contests.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=508774

HometownGal
12-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I can't wait to see some of the signs the fans come up with to greet Hoser. I'm sure most of them will remind him that he's still ringless, courtesy of the team he stiffed. :thumbsup: I'm thinking a giant picture of the Pens' Cup ring, right behind the Hawks' bench. Let him know what could have been. :chuckle:

If I had time, I'd make him a sign but it probably wouldn't be permitted in the arena. :chuckle:

Personally, I'd like nothing more than to see Orpik slam that pretty boy face of his into the boards next to the Pens bench or hip check him ass over tincups into the bench. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
12-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Crosby to miss Saturday's game
Penguins recall Mark Letestu to replace streaking Crosby
Comment Email Print Share
ESPNChicago.com

Sidney Crosby, the Pittsburgh Penguins' leading scorer, will miss Saturday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks with a nagging groin injury, according to a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report.

Crosby left the Penguins' morning skate after spending five minutes on the ice Saturday morning.

The paper is also reporting that the Penguins have recalled forward Mark Letestu from the team's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton affiliate to replace Crosby. The 24-year-old Letestu made his debut with the Penguins earlier this season.

The Penguins (20-9-0), the defending Stanley Cup champions, sit atop the Atlantic Division, and take on the Central Division-leading Blackhawks at Mellon Arena Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville told ESPNChicago.com's Jesse Rogers that he and the team are looking at the Pittsburgh game as a measuring stick.

"I'm looking for a response from tonight's game as opposed to the opposition tomorrow," Quenneville said after the Blackhawks' 4-1 loss to the Predators on Friday. "We know we are going to get tested."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4716642

This will have a HUGE impact on tonights game...not sure what the lines are going to look like for tonights game, I'm thinking Malkin goes to the first line with Guerin and Talbot and Staal centers the second line.

HometownGal
12-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Crosby to miss Saturday's game
Penguins recall Mark Letestu to replace streaking Crosby
Comment Email Print Share
ESPNChicago.com

Sidney Crosby, the Pittsburgh Penguins' leading scorer, will miss Saturday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks with a nagging groin injury, according to a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette report.

Crosby left the Penguins' morning skate after spending five minutes on the ice Saturday morning.

The paper is also reporting that the Penguins have recalled forward Mark Letestu from the team's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton affiliate to replace Crosby. The 24-year-old Letestu made his debut with the Penguins earlier this season.

The Penguins (20-9-0), the defending Stanley Cup champions, sit atop the Atlantic Division, and take on the Central Division-leading Blackhawks at Mellon Arena Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville told ESPNChicago.com's Jesse Rogers that he and the team are looking at the Pittsburgh game as a measuring stick.

"I'm looking for a response from tonight's game as opposed to the opposition tomorrow," Quenneville said after the Blackhawks' 4-1 loss to the Predators on Friday. "We know we are going to get tested."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4716642

This will have a HUGE impact on tonights game...not sure what the lines are going to look like for tonights game, I'm thinking Malkin goes to the first line with Guerin and Talbot and Staal centers the second line.

Ughhhhh. :banging: :banging:

I agree with you SCM - I think Malkin is going to center the top line with Billy G and Superstar. Malkin will step up his game, as he usually does, to compensate for the loss of Sid.

steelpride12
12-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Niemi is def. the Hawks better of the two goalies in my opinion. Pens are just beating the living stuff out of the hawks and Cooke was knocked down from a head hit, I hope there is discipline taken. As well we are dominating the second so far, but sadly Hossa has the only goal.
LETS GO PENS!

4xSBChamps
12-05-2009, 07:54 PM
end of 2, and the Crapitals lead Goonadelphia 7-1..... what'll they change now?????

devilsdancefloor
12-05-2009, 09:26 PM
nice game! the better team won tonight:wink02:. steelpride12 i think both the hawks goalies are really good a really good tandem. Anyway i thought it was a good game. i hope next game sid can play.:thumbsup: good luck hopefully we will see each other in the playoffs and this time it isnt the same story as the early 90's:wink02::thumbsup::tt04::drink:

Fire Haley
12-06-2009, 08:54 AM
What an incredibly boring game until that one lucky bounce that got us an extra point.

4 shots in the 3rd till then, really?

How long is Sid out for?

HometownGal
12-06-2009, 09:42 AM
nice game! the better team won tonight:wink02:. steelpride12 i think both the hawks goalies are really good a really good tandem. Anyway i thought it was a good game. i hope next game sid can play.:thumbsup: good luck hopefully we will see each other in the playoffs and this time it isnt the same story as the early 90's:wink02::thumbsup::tt04::drink:

I wouldn't say the better team won, ddf. The Pens played skate to skate with the Hawks without their star center - the Hawks goalie won that game for them, no doubt about it. He was outstanding in goal, as was Fleury. :thumbsup: In the first period, the Pens were very aggressive and were hitting the Hawks every chance they got. I really thought we were going to see an all out brawl in that game, but both teams cut back on the chippiness in the 2nd and 3rd.

Hell - we got a point out of that game and I'll take it, considering the Devs won yesterday. :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
12-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Niemi was the #1 star last night - that says it all. The Pens probably win comfortably if he doesn't step up.

4xSBChamps
12-06-2009, 08:37 PM
the old-men from Detwah score late to break a tie, then add an empty-net goal, for a final score of 3-1, as New Rat City takes another one in the shorts, helping the Penguins cause in our division

Tomorrow is the fiancee's birthday, so I am hoping that after dinner, she'll let me peep the Carolina game on-line

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/freak-of-natureMalkin.jpg

any news if Bing's groin will allow him to play?

Shea
12-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Bing? :sofunny:

I searched about an hour ago and can't find any news, would be interested to know myself.

X-Terminator
12-07-2009, 12:27 AM
He's officially listed as day-to-day, but hasn't officially been ruled out tonight. I say sit him - the Canes are by far the worst team in the league and are the only team that has not won a game on the road. The Pens should be able to handle them without Sid.

Shea
12-07-2009, 12:46 AM
I agree, an extra day of rest would probably be wise. Maybe come back and play against the Habs on Thursday since he seems to have huge games against them, but only if he's healthy.

Kinda sucks that that game will be on at the same time the Steelers are playing the Browns. I really wish I had a DVR. :banging:

4xSBChamps
12-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Bing? :sofunny:

I searched about an hour ago and can't find any news, would be interested to know myself.

..... he's B-A-A-A-A-CK.....

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=508941&navid=DL|PIT|home

11:21 AM:
Penguins captain Sidney Crosby, who missed the club's previous game with a groin injury, will play Monday night against the Carolina Hurricanes.

"I'm in," Crosby said. "I've had a good couple days of rest and got it worked on. There's no more pain. That's all I really wanted to get rid of. I can deal with it right now."

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 10:48 AM
..... he's B-A-A-A-A-CK.....

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=508941&navid=DL|PIT|home

11:21 AM:
Penguins captain Sidney Crosby, who missed the club's previous game with a groin injury, will play Monday night against the Carolina Hurricanes.

"I'm in," Crosby said. "I've had a good couple days of rest and got it worked on. There's no more pain. That's all I really wanted to get rid of. I can deal with it right now."

Good, glad he's feeling better, though I hope he's not trying to push himself too much. Like others have pointed out, I think the Pens would do just fine w/o him against the Canes.

Here's to a great game tonight though!

RunWillieRun
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Good, glad he's feeling better, though I hope he's not trying to push himself too much. Like others have pointed out, I think the Pens would do just fine w/o him against the Canes.

Here's to a great game tonight though!

...and I thought the Steelers would do fine without Polamalu against the Raiders!

:banging: eck!

steelpride12
12-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Great Sid back against the Canes and the Pens look to get back on track LETS GO PENS!

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 06:40 PM
...and I thought the Steelers would do fine without Polamalu against the Raiders!

:banging: eck!

Haha, yeah, but it only took...what, 7 or 8 different key guys (including Malkin, Gonchar and Talbot) out with injuries to have the Pens losing multiple games in a row lol.

steelpride12
12-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Canes lead 1 to 0 early from Alberts. The right side has been open all season and no support lead to an easy skate to Fluery for an easy goal.

steelpride12
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Regardless of injuries and no Ward the Canes are playing with more energy and want tonight and are now leading 2 to 0 on a PP goal and another PP for them coming up.
Come on Pens!

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Dang...did I speak too soon? Lol.

Time to wake up Pens...lookin' a bit like zombies out there right now!

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
It's coming, it's coming....

steelpride12
12-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Well the Guerin fight did pump the crowd and get some performance, but the Pens still trail after the first period. Time to see what we got up our sleeves Lets Go Pens!

X-Terminator
12-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Damn, the team looked like they were sleepwalking through most of that period. Not the kind of start you want to get off to, especially against a terrible team coming off a win and looking for their first road win of the season. Then Guerin gets into the fight, and it's like they flipped a switch. Hopefully they can continue it and get themselves back in the game - it would be pretty embarrassing for them to lose to the worst team in the league and hand them their first road win.

BTW, the Devils lead the Sabres 3-0 in the first, so if they hang on and the Pens lose, they will be tied for first place. Yeah I know, not important right now, but still...I don't want to see them catch us. That damn team just doesn't go away!

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Pfffft....3-0 now

steelpride12
12-07-2009, 07:35 PM
3 to 0 Canes, thank god its still pretty early...

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Wow...what a quick comeback! 2 goals 49 seconds apart for the Pens from Sid and Rupp. LETS GO PENS!!!!!

Glad I didn't switch over to the MNF game just yet lol.

steelpride12
12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow GOOOALLLLLL!! In 49 seconds Crosby and Rupp have scored for the Pens with 11 minutes left in the second to make this a game!
LETS GO PENS!

X-Terminator
12-07-2009, 07:54 PM
If there's one thing I've learned about this team since Dan Bylsma took over (and got taken to task for on Saturday night :wink02:), is that this team does not quit and they are never out of a game.

SteelCityMom
12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
If there's one thing I've learned about this team since Dan Bylsma took over (and got taken to task for on Saturday night :wink02:), is that this team does not quit and they are never out of a game.

I'll give it to them that they never quit...but man, they sure made Legace look like freaking Roy tonight. The Steelers loss last night must have rubbed off on them lol.

steelpride12
12-07-2009, 09:06 PM
And the Pens just dug too deep of a hole and could not fully comeback and lose 3 to 2!

RunWillieRun
12-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Just brutal.

How do you lose the worst team in the league at home?

Just ask any Pittsburgh Pro sports team.

No excuse for losing this game. Just a horrible performance by Malkin...looked terrible. Fedotenko can't hit the net. Every play Staal and Guerin were in they managed to eff up. Fleury was swiss cheese in the first...so was the D. Multiple PP chances pissed away.

Pathetic.

X-Terminator
12-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Just brutal.

How do you lose the worst team in the league at home?

Just ask any Pittsburgh Pro sports team.

No excuse for losing this game. Just a horrible performance by Malkin...looked terrible. Fedotenko can't hit the net. Every play Staal and Guerin were in they managed to eff up. Fleury was swiss cheese in the first...so was the D. Multiple PP chances pissed away.

Pathetic.

Um dude, relax - they're still 20-10-1 and are still in first place in the Atlantic. It's a long season - they are going to have performances like this from time to time. Plus, the Canes were not going to go the entire season without winning a game on the road - it was just a matter of time.

To me, they had a bit of a letdown after an emotional game Saturday night with the Hawks and didn't get off to a good start, got behind and couldn't come all the way back. I will agree that though Malkin is in the top 15 in scoring, he needs to start scoring more goals. Michael Rupp should not have more goals than Geno at this point in the season. They also need to get back to getting leads early - they've allowed the first goal in 7 of their last 8 games. Tough to win when you have to keep coming from behind every night.

Anyway, they will be better in Montreal on Thursday. I have no doubt about that.

Shea
12-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Um dude, relax - they're still 20-10-1 and are still in first place in the Atlantic. It's a long season - they are going to have performances like this from time to time. Plus, the Canes were not going to go the entire season without winning a game on the road - it was just a matter of time.

To me, they had a bit of a letdown after an emotional game Saturday night with the Hawks and didn't get off to a good start, got behind and couldn't come all the way back. I will agree that though Malkin is in the top 15 in scoring, he needs to start scoring more goals. Michael Rupp should not have more goals than Geno at this point in the season. They also need to get back to getting leads early - they've allowed the first goal in 7 of their last 8 games. Tough to win when you have to keep coming from behind every night.

Anyway, they will be better in Montreal on Thursday. I have no doubt about that.

I agree, it's a long ardous season in which you're going to have games like the one we saw tonight - it's just a given.

It was kinda funny hearing that Rupp is the second leading goal scorer on the team, and even the announcers were having a chucle with that. It won't hold up for long of course, and Geno will get his goals - it's only a matter of time.

I also have no doubt they will do better in Montreal, and then onto the Panthers Saturday night.

Then next week we have back-to-back games against Philly. I can't wait. We've got some fun hockey coming up.:tt03:

4xSBChamps
12-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Glad I didn't switch over to the MNF game just yet lol.

Just last week, I found a few places where I could watch games on-line for free, but last night, none of them were working (thePensBlog said that the League ws blocking them), so I had to revert back to listening to Lange & the Ol' 2-Niner exclusively via online radio:
would've loved to see DJ Billy G throw-down with that young whipper-snapper

We have a few tune-up games this week with Montreal & Florida before next week's home & home series with Philthadelphia

4xSBChamps
12-08-2009, 08:24 AM
we have back-to-back games against Philly. I can't wait.

..... and Scuzzadelphia plays on national (Versus) TV this evening, against the Islanders:
if Tavares & Company can beat them, NYI would be 4 points in-front of the Square-heads, with the Pumpkin & Soot having 2 games at-hand

SteelCityMom
12-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Just last week, I found a few places where I could watch games on-line for free, but last night, none of them were working (thePensBlog said that the League ws blocking them), so I had to revert back to listening to Lange & the Ol' 2-Niner exclusively via online radio:
would've loved to see DJ Billy G throw-down with that young whipper-snapper

We have a few tune-up games this week with Montreal & Florida before next week's home & home series with Philthadelphia

Yeah, I tried finding somewhere to watch it online last night and the one link that was posted wasn't working, so I gave up lol. They should be up for the Montreal game though, it's rare that you can't find a good feed for the Pens games. I'll need it so I can watch them and the Steelers at the same time.

Fire Haley
12-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Habs game will be on the NHL network Thursday night. Set your DVR's.

Angus Burgher
12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah, can I comment on just how much the NHL network sucks? They finally televise a Pens game and they just happens to pick the one that's the same night the Steelers play on NFLN? Are you kidding me?

X-Terminator
12-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, can I comment on just how much the NHL network sucks? They finally televise a Pens game and they just happens to pick the one that's the same night the Steelers play on NFLN? Are you kidding me?

And it's not like they didn't already have the NFL schedule to work around when they picked the games. They had to know that more Pittsburgh fans would be watching the Steelers than the Pens. Ah well, that's what DVRs are for! :thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
12-09-2009, 03:29 AM

I didn't realize the Canadiens @ Penguins game would be on that channel, and I don't get the NHL Network, but have a local sports-bar that does:
is this confirmed, because if it is, I'll go have a late dinner there & watch

..... I'll hang-up and listen to your answer.....

Fire Haley
12-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Yes - it's on

Thu Dec 10, 2009 PITTSBURGH MONTREAL
7:30 PM ET

Here's their whole schedule - lots of Pens games - plan your social calendar accordingly

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?network=NHLN-US&location=/nhlnetwork#nhln

X-Terminator
12-09-2009, 10:38 AM
It's also on FSN Pittsburgh for those who don't get NHL Network.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2009, 03:02 PM
It's also on FSN Pittsburgh for those who don't get NHL Network.

Which is one more reason why I'm happy to live in an area that games FSN Pittsburgh. Just hopefully they'll play nice with the NFL Network and end up getting permission for KDKA to show the game.

4xSBChamps
12-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Edmonton, on the strength of Stortini's coveted 'Gordie Howe hat-trick', leads Tampa 3-2, midway through the 2nd:
St. Louis & Hedman have scored for the Bolts, who have fallen to 9th in the East

SteelCityMom
12-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Which is one more reason why I'm happy to live in an area that games FSN Pittsburgh. Just hopefully they'll play nice with the NFL Network and end up getting permission for KDKA to show the game.

I just checked the listings on tvguide.com and they are showing the Steelers game on KDKA tomorrow night.

4xSBChamps
12-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Edmonton, on the strength of Stortini's coveted 'Gordie Howe hat-trick', leads Tampa 3-2, midway through the 2nd:
St. Louis & Hedman have scored for the Bolts, who have fallen to 9th in the East

and the final, from the St. Pete Times Forum tonight is, Edmonton 3, Tampa 2, in a chippy game with several fights & skirmishes, with both Malone & Stamkos injured, neither finishing the game for the Lightning

X-Terminator
12-09-2009, 09:43 PM
and the final, from the St. Pete Times Forum tonight is, Edmonton 3, Tampa 2, in a chippy game with several fights & skirmishes, with both Malone & Stamkos injured, neither finishing the game for the Lightning

They are screwed if both of them are out for any length of time, with a 6-game road trip looming. I guess Lecavalier will have to suddenly find his game again...that is, if he isn't deliberately tanking so that he can get traded to Montreal...

The Devils won again tonight, 4-2, and move into sole possession of first place in the Atlantic. :banging: And to think, there were actually people who thought the Devils would struggle and not make the playoffs this season. The day the Devils aren't in the hunt for the playoffs will be the day MB30 retires.

The Pens, BTW, had a closed-door meeting after the game Monday night. Seems they were not happy at all with their performance. Maybe scoring the first goal would help - they've allowed it in 6 straight games and 7 of the last 8. Montreal is 10-1 when they've scored first; 5-13-2 when they don't. Do the math, boys.

SteelCityMan786
12-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I just checked the listings on tvguide.com and they are showing the Steelers game on KDKA tomorrow night.

Thing is, I usually don't get KDKA after 8 PM until the 11 PM KDKA Newscast. Although I think they'll try to work something out with the NFL Network. Considering the fact that they know Steelers fans in this area would be at arms if that happened.

Shea
12-09-2009, 10:09 PM
I just wish the Habs game had been tonight.

I hardly ever get to see Steelers games anymore, since I no longer have the NFL package unlike previous years. I decided to put the money towards the hockey package this year instead. Plus, it was alot cheaper, and this year money is a bit tighter than usual.

Really miss seeing the Steelers every Sunday though, so I'm going with football tomorrow night instead of watching the Pens. The first game I'll miss this year besides the couple that have been on Versus, which is now blocked due to their dispute with DTV. :mad:

I'm definitely looking forward to Santa bringing me a DVR so these types of dilemas can be solved. :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
12-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I thought DirecTV offered a DVR as part of their package? At least, I thought they did. I know Dish Network does. Sucks that you won't be able to record one of them. I'll have to record both of them, unfortunately, because I have to go to work tomorrow night.

Anyway, it's looking like GoGo may be back tomorrow night, which means Skoula heads back to the press box. Also, the lines have been shaken up - Rupp will move up to the top line with Sid and Guerin, and Talbot will be on the 4th line with Adams and Godard. But with the way Disco Dan likes to juggle his lines, you'll see Talbot and Rupp rotate quite a bit. I'd also like to see Rupp in front of the net on the top PP unit. Why not? We need someone who's willing to go there and take a beating since no one else apparently is. The PP being ranked 28th with all that talent out there just irks the hell out of me.

Also, Kunitz should be back by next week - but who gets benched? Dupuis? Tank?

Shea
12-09-2009, 10:49 PM
If they did offer a DVR as part of their package, then it came after I signed up with them. Figures, eh? :chuckle:

It will be nice to get both Goligoski and Kunitz back. We're finally getting a completely healthy team which seems like a wishfull dream not too long ago, and just saying that, and the fact I'm a bit superstitous makes me wonder if I should just keep that to myself. :nervous:

Who would get benched with Kunitz coming back? This is my first year of being able to see every game compared to seeing literally just a handful of games in previous years, so I'd only be guessing.

Dupuis seems to be putting up more points and producing more, and Feds seems to get his fair chances but just can't quite capatilize on them. Without checking the stats, which means I could be wrong, that's how I see it but you would know alot more about it then me. Will be interesting to see what happens....

Shea
12-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh, and sorry you don't have the night off, XT.

It will be a fun night for us Steelers/Pens fans, even if it means constant flipping back and forth between channels.

Commercials and half-time will get me some of my Pens fix.

SteelCityMom
12-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I thought DirecTV offered a DVR as part of their package? At least, I thought they did. I know Dish Network does. Sucks that you won't be able to record one of them. I'll have to record both of them, unfortunately, because I have to go to work tomorrow night.

Anyway, it's looking like GoGo may be back tomorrow night, which means Skoula heads back to the press box. Also, the lines have been shaken up - Rupp will move up to the top line with Sid and Guerin, and Talbot will be on the 4th line with Adams and Godard. But with the way Disco Dan likes to juggle his lines, you'll see Talbot and Rupp rotate quite a bit. I'd also like to see Rupp in front of the net on the top PP unit. Why not? We need someone who's willing to go there and take a beating since no one else apparently is. The PP being ranked 28th with all that talent out there just irks the hell out of me.

Also, Kunitz should be back by next week - but who gets benched? Dupuis? Tank?

When Kunitz comes back I imagine Letestu will go back to WB.

I like that Bylsma is putting Rupp on the first line...I'm very happy for him. And Steigy and Errey hinted about how Rupp would do on the 1st PP line, so maybe that's something they'll work with in the near future. It can't get any worse IMO lol.

X-Terminator
12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
If they did offer a DVR as part of their package, then it came after I signed up with them. Figures, eh? :chuckle:

It will be nice to get both Goligoski and Kunitz back. We're finally getting a completely healthy team which seems like a wishfull dream not too long ago, and just saying that, and the fact I'm a bit superstitous makes me wonder if I should just keep that to myself. :nervous:

Who would get benched with Kunitz coming back? This is my first year of being able to see every game compared to seeing literally just a handful of games in previous years, so I'd only be guessing.

Dupuis seems to be putting up more points and producing more, and Feds seems to get his fair chances but just can't quite capatilize on them. Without checking the stats, which means I could be wrong, that's how I see it but you would know alot more about it then me. Will be interesting to see what happens....

Dups is definitely producing better numbers, and had played very well most of the season. He's especially been playing great over the past 6 weeks or so. He's on pace for nearly a 20-goal season, which is awesome for a guy who has spent a lot of time on the 4th line. He has also been very solid on the PK. Tank, on the other hand, just isn't producing and has been invisible most nights. He has just 1 goal in his last 18 games and just 2 points in his last 14. When you're playing most of the time with Geno or Sid, that just isn't good enough. He probably will be the one who gets benched - maybe it'll ultimately get him going. Dups has earned the right to stay in the lineup.

When Kunitz comes back I imagine Letestu will go back to WB.

I like that Bylsma is putting Rupp on the first line...I'm very happy for him. And Steigy and Errey hinted about how Rupp would do on the 1st PP line, so maybe that's something they'll work with in the near future. It can't get any worse IMO lol.

That would still leave them with one extra forward, which means someone has to sit, and as I said, Tank is the most likely candidate.

As for Rupp, who knew coming in that he would play this well? 9 goals from a 4th-line player, which is more than Malkin has scored? He's earned it, that's for sure. And I think he'd be great on the PP, if for no other reason than to use his big body to screen the goalie. It would make Gonchar much more dangerous from the point, not to mention open up space for Sid and Geno to work their magic. At this point, I'm willing to try anything to get the PP going - time to make teams pay for taking penalties against them.

SteelCityMom
12-10-2009, 12:06 AM
That would still leave them with one extra forward, which means someone has to sit, and as I said, Tank is the most likely candidate.

This is true, for some reason I was thinking that he was a winger and not a center.

As for Rupp, who knew coming in that he would play this well? 9 goals from a 4th-line player, which is more than Malkin has scored? He's earned it, that's for sure. And I think he'd be great on the PP, if for no other reason than to use his big body to screen the goalie. It would make Gonchar much more dangerous from the point, not to mention open up space for Sid and Geno to work their magic. At this point, I'm willing to try anything to get the PP going - time to make teams pay for taking penalties against them.

Very much agreed on all points. They have to try something new for sure on the PP, cause what they've got going now just isn't cutting it.

X-Terminator
12-10-2009, 03:41 PM
It's official - GoGo is back tonight, per the Pens' website. So Marty Skoula...you've played well recently, but back to the press box you go.

4xSBChamps
12-10-2009, 09:06 PM
It's a wonderful day in th eneighborhood, as the Guins beat the Habs 3-2, and Goonadelphia loses 2-0

:applaudit:

HometownGal
12-10-2009, 09:41 PM
It's a wonderful day in th eneighborhood, as the Guins beat the Habs 3-2, and Goonadelphia loses 2-0

:applaudit:

:banana: :applaudit: :hatsoff:

I taped the game because I'm glued to the Steelers game, but so happy to see the Pens knock off the Habs and the Goonies taking a loss. :thumbsup:

Shea
12-11-2009, 12:26 AM
It was nice to see that the Pens beat the Habs tonight. :applaudit:

Takes a bit off the sting of watching the Steelers lose to the Browns.

(Oh my god, we lost to the Browns. I hurt.....)

X-Terminator
12-11-2009, 05:26 AM
It was nice to see that the Pens beat the Habs tonight. :applaudit:

Takes a bit off the sting of watching the Steelers lose to the Browns.

(Oh my god, we lost to the Browns. I hurt.....)

Well, at least there will be one guy who'll be happy about the Browns' win - Mike Rupp. He's from Cleveland and is a big Browns fan. I'll overlook that so long as he keeps up his solid play. :wink02:

SteelMember
12-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Congrats to the Pens last night.

It was nice to be able to switch over to a game that was actually competitive. *sigh*

Fire Haley
12-11-2009, 06:39 AM
We stole that game. Even Errey said their goal should have counted.

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 07:19 AM
We stole that game. Even Errey said their goal should have counted.

That (having goals dis-allowed, because the Officials had 'intended' to blow the whistle) is becoming very frequent this season, and is a disturbing trend

X-Terminator
12-11-2009, 08:36 AM
That (having goals dis-allowed, because the Officials had 'intended' to blow the whistle) is becoming very frequent this season, and is a disturbing trend

Yep. Happened in the Jackets/Preds game last night too - the Preds had a goal disallowed because of that. The worst one was when Brad May of the Wings clearly had scored a goal and the puck had crossed the line way before the ref blew the whistle, but it was disallowed because of the "intent." And since it's viewed as a judgment call by the refs, it is not reviewable. Trust me, the Pens are going to be screwed by this a couple of times this season - just hope it isn't during a playoff game and it ends up costing them a series.

steelpride12
12-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Good win for the Pens and watching the Flyers lose ahh priceless they are on the downfall for the worst and I love it!
We did get lucky last night though that goal should have counted, but a win is a win and now with GoGo back we are one player short of being back to full strength.
Any word of Kunitz?

X-Terminator
12-11-2009, 09:59 AM
This was mentioned earlier, but Kunitz has practiced with the team the past 4 days and looks like he'll be back next week - maybe Tuesday against the thugs in Prison Orange.

steelpride12
12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
This was mentioned earlier, but Kunitz has practiced with the team the past 4 days and looks like he'll be back next week - maybe Tuesday against the thugs in Prison Orange.

Oh sorry X did not read the last few posts, but thanks for the update hope to see him soon and the whole team healthy and ready to go! :drink::thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
12-12-2009, 02:42 PM
with the Penguins slated to wear the Columbia Blue sweaters this evening against Florida, Empty Netters is reporting that if Brent Johnson plays tonight, giving Marc-Andre Fleury a breather, he might break-out a newly painted mask to match the alternate uniform

My 23+ year-old White #66 Lemieux sweater has done well this season to-date, but I am tempted to wear my new Columbia Blue #71 Malkin jersey tonight:
if it hexes the Guins and they lose, I will sit by-myself for 2 minutes and feel-shame

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/HansonBrothers1.jpg

"..... and dun't git me any o'dut rut-beer!!!!!"

X-Terminator
12-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Chris Kunitz is back in the lineup tonight, and Max Talbot is the HS. Finally, the team is back to full strength! :thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
12-12-2009, 06:15 PM
New Jersey scores less-than 4 minutes in, and lead the Square-Heads 1-0

:thumbsup:

steelpride12
12-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Yes the team is finally back to full health, time to see what we got!
LETS GO PENS!

4xSBChamps
12-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Devils score a 2nd PP goal at 12 minutes in.....

put a bruise on that welt!!!!!

X-Terminator
12-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Devils score a 2nd PP goal at 12 minutes in.....

put a bruise on that welt!!!!!

Make that 3-0 - Patrik Elias with his 300th NHL goal. God do the Flyers suck.

BTW, Godard is scratched tonight, not Talbot.

Fire Haley
12-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Dupuis!

Suh-weet! tied up 1-1

Powder blues looking pretty good - just play some D - Johnson needs help

Fire Haley
12-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Geno clobberd him

4xSBChamps
12-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Make that 3-0 - Patrik Elias with his 300th NHL goal. God do the Flyers suck.

..... that doesn't mean we shouldn't encourage all teams to whup-up on the Punkin'-shirts with a fungo-bat

HometownGal
12-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Tank just scores to make it 2-1 Pens in the 2nd! :banana:

4xSBChamps
12-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Tank just scores to make it 2-1 Pens in the 2nd! :banana:

was scared he'd be called for preceeding the puck into the crease when I first saw that goal

New Jersey 4, Rendellphia 1 at the end of 2

Fire Haley
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Geno wins it in OT!

Atta boy!

4xSBChamps
12-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I give the coaching staff the benifit of the doubt, because they 'see' practice every day, but this power(less) play would gag-a-maggot

X-Terminator
12-12-2009, 09:18 PM
The game would have been over in the 3rd if the PP was worth a damn. It is so frustrating seeing all that talent come up empty time and time and time again. They got it done in OT, which is great, but man...they'd be damn near unstoppable if they got their PP going. Mike Yeo is responsible for the PP, and it is just terrible most nights. Maybe if he would start moving guys around and quit keeping Geno and Sid on the same side of the ice, they might be more effective, but you may as well beat your head against the wall. Anyway, they got the win, and that is all that matters. And it was great to see Tank finally get a goal, and hopefully this gets him - and Geno, for that matter - going and start scoring more goals.

4xSBChamps
12-13-2009, 11:21 AM
up next is a home-and-home series this week with the Hitler-Youth from West Joisey, and Tuesday's game is the national game on Versus

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/beforeafter---Phlyer-to-Penguinsjer.jpg

if we win both games in regulation, we'd be 20 points ahead of them a week before Christmas, and that thought makes my pants fit-funny

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/SCHWING.jpg

:chuckle:

Fire Haley
12-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I think I heard Geno say on the post-game show that Johnson will be starting the next game too.

His english has really improved, but maybe my ears didn't hear right.

4xSBChamps
12-13-2009, 11:59 AM
I think I heard Geno say on the post-game show that Johnson will be starting the next game too.

:jawdrop:

I didn't hear that, and would be surprised, unless Flower has an unknown injury

:noidea:

maybe 'you haf little-bit bad-ears..... it OK, you work on during Summer'.....

:wink02:

SteelCityMom
12-13-2009, 12:45 PM

I just rewatched the interview on youtube and what he said was "Oh Johnny he's good goalie, he knows how play, and play tonight very well and I hope he play very well next game and we have two goalies can play back to back and...it's fine" Lol.

So yeah, not sure if that means Brent is starting next game or not or if he just meant he hopes he does well the next game he plays. My guess is that he's playing one of the Flyers games though.

X-Terminator
12-13-2009, 12:47 PM
No, he did not say that. He said Johnson played well tonight and that he would play well in his next game. He did not say he was playing THE next game. Fleury is healthy - he just got the night off. He was doing commentary during the 2nd period of the FSN broadcast and nobody said anything about an injury.

steelpride12
12-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Guys im so excited for the game tomorrow and the next one against the Flyers. We are finally healthy and getting back to sweeping games like dirt and the Flyers are struggling. Im extremely excited to put a whoop down on this jail orange team!
Lets Go Pens!

4xSBChamps
12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
I'll be trying to catch the Philthadelphia @ Boston game tonight on-line, hoping that the Broons soften-up the Phlyers

4xSBChamps
12-14-2009, 07:01 PM
after 20 minutes of play, BAHstin 0, Scuzzadelphia 0

Hitler-youth out-shooting the Broons probably 2-to-1

4xSBChamps
12-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Broons score very late in the 2nd, and take a 1-0 lead into the locker-room

Phlyers are playing up-and-down the ice skating brand of hockey tonight, but reading the chat of the Goondelphian fans, they want a 'scrap to get us going' -
they'll never learn in Pennsyl-Jersey

4xSBChamps
12-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Philthy scores 2 goals in the 3rd, and with a minute to play, Ronald McHartnell puts his stick into Recchi's face for a penalty, but while killing it, Kimmo Orr scores a 190' empty-netter to ice the game

..... they won't be so-lucky the next 2 games.....

:chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I wonder if they'll go with the rookie Backlund in goal tomorrow night, or if they'll come back with The Waterboy? Should be interesting.

I hope the Pens go into the game tomorrow with a high level of intensity, because struggling teams like the Pumpkins are very dangerous, and they do have enough talent to beat most teams. They absolutely cannot take them lightly, which they have done a couple of times already to teams they should beat (PHX, CAR). Best thing for them to do is to jump on them early and get a lead. I'd love for the Pens to win both games, but I'll take a split. HTG and I will be in the house tomorrow, so hopefully that will be the one they win.

Just FYI, they will have Carcillo back from suspension tomorrow, so keep an eye on him. Hopefully Bylsma dresses Godard so that if he wants to try someone, I'm sure Big E will be glad to break his face.

Another FYI - the game tomorrow night is on Versus, so those of you with DirecTV or in areas that don't get it...well, you're SOL, unfortunately.

Shea
12-14-2009, 11:15 PM
I wonder if they'll go with the rookie Backlund in goal tomorrow night, or if they'll come back with The Waterboy? Should be interesting.

I hope the Pens go into the game tomorrow with a high level of intensity, because struggling teams like the Pumpkins are very dangerous, and they do have enough talent to beat most teams. They absolutely cannot take them lightly, which they have done a couple of times already to teams they should beat (PHX, CAR). Best thing for them to do is to jump on them early and get a lead. I'd love for the Pens to win both games, but I'll take a split. HTG and I will be in the house tomorrow, so hopefully that will be the one they win.

Just FYI, they will have Carcillo back from suspension tomorrow, so keep an eye on him. Hopefully Bylsma dresses Godard so that if he wants to try someone, I'm sure Big E will be glad to break his face.

Another FYI - the game tomorrow night is on Versus, so those of you with DirecTV or in areas that don't get it...well, you're SOL, unfortunately.

I'm one of the SOL people tomorrow night. :shake01:

And I was really looking forward to watching both this game and the rematch in Philly on Thursday, oh well.....

XT, hope you and HTG enjoy the game tomorrow night at Mellon and hoping of course for a Pens win! :thumbsup: Have fun guys!

4xSBChamps
12-15-2009, 04:55 AM
Just FYI, they will have Carcillo back from suspension tomorrow, so keep an eye on him.

Carcillo played against BAHstin last evening, and was on-ice for the opening face-off

if I find a link to the Phlyer/Penguin game to be seen on-line, I'll try to show it in this thread, but some don't go live until the game actually starts, or has started, so it might be a game-time decision

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 01:30 PM
XT and HTG have a great time at the game tonight going to be a great game!
Yes i am one of the SOL members even after several complaints and phone calls with no budge.

Any good sites for some live feed tonight that would work on a crap college connection, thanks!

4xSBChamps
12-15-2009, 01:33 PM
i am one of the SOL members even after several complaints and phone calls with no budge.

Any good sites for some live feed tonight that would work on a crap college connection, thanks!

http://pensunderground.com/board/index.php?showtopic=4668

Fire Haley
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Yep - I'll have to watch this one on-line. No HD - it sucks.

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Well radio isnt bad. 3 to 1 Pens late in the first period here as the big dogs Crosby, Guerin, and Staal shorthanded just showing this team up right now. LETS GO PENS!

Shea
12-15-2009, 06:52 PM
You can't find a feed online or is it the computer you're on?

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 06:57 PM
You can't find a feed online or is it the computer you're on?

Im on a laptop and using a college wired connection and all the feeds are so lagging and slow.

Shea
12-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Well that sucks. I found a good feed and was going to try and set you up but it won't work. Glad you atleast can hear the game.

I'm loving this one so far. Absolutely LOVE when Jordan gets one of those short-handed goals!

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 07:48 PM
GOOAAAALLL! Jordan Staal his 10th of the season after the Pens kill the Flyers PP to give the Pens a 4 to 1 lead at the end of the second period. Ahhh Beating these goons at home loving it!

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Carcillo denied of a goal after kicking it into the net, Pens still dominate 4 to 1.

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I love hearing when Hartnell gets a penalty the whole arena erupts into cheers in boo's almost sounding like a goal! Screw that idiot!

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 08:25 PM
GOOALLLLL!!! A drop off from Malkin to Fedotenko for the goal and to give our Pens the 5 to 1 lead in the 3rd period.
Screw the Flyers this is classic I LOVE this!

SteelCityMan786
12-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I love hearing when Hartnell gets a penalty the whole arena erupts into cheers in boo's almost sounding like a goal! Screw that idiot!

Fartsmell likes dawning a prison suit.

That is all.

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 08:37 PM
GOOALLLLL!!! A second short hander of the night this time coming from Malkin to just embarrass the hated Flyers 6 to 1! AMAZING!

Shea
12-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Dang, my feed went out and I missed Geno's SHG.

Two in one night. Ironically, our PK seems to be more offensively productive than our PP. :chuckle:

But it was a great game tonight - always love beating Philly. Can't wait until Thursday night.

X-Terminator
12-15-2009, 11:39 PM
What an awesome night tonight! There were 3 fights in 16 seconds, the crowd was on fire all night getting on Ronald McHartnell, and the Pens kicked the shit out of the Pumpkins, 6-1. Doesn't get any better than that! :tt03: It was nice to see that the Pens were not going to allow another struggling team to leave Mellon with a win, after what happened against the Canes last week. And the thing is, I don't think they played their best game tonight - the Flyers just suck that bad. Their goaltending sucks, their defense is pathetic, and they do not create a whole lot of offense. Hopefully the Pens can carry this into Thursday, because you know the Pumpkins will try to come out and strong and try to intimidate the Pens...which of course they completely failed to do tonight.

So, for the second time this season...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/1e/fullj.64237e54876c32bcab19b1044df358ea/64237e54876c32bcab19b1044df358ea-getty-90959362bb020_philadelphia_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e1/fullj.108ba748268eec773d1e11488dbf62c2/108ba748268eec773d1e11488dbf62c2-getty-90959362bb001_philadelphia_.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091216/capt.59c9c910cfc544b59c9526225ff3f375.flyers_pengu ins_hockey_pagp111.jpg

PHUCK FILLY.

Shea
12-15-2009, 11:54 PM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Yep, I can tell from your post that you had a blast tonight. Hell, even sitting from home with a crappy hard to see internet feed of the game online, and well ... I had a blast myself. :sofunny:

I envy you guys that you get to go to the games, but I'm happy that you both get to experience that. It must have been so much fun.

Great and fun hockey night in Pittsburgh, but the only concern about tonight was that before my internet feed went out, it looked like Jordan and Billy got hurt on the same shift. God please, don't let me log on tomorrow to find them both seriously hurt and out for an extended period of time. :hope:

steelpride12
12-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Man good you have a great time XT. We had fun on the boards and myself even with just listening to this all on the radio, but the highlights were sick!
Overall great game overall we got the PP goal and 2 PK goal's.
Great to see Staal getting 2 and Malkin scoring again. Sid...nothing new there and Fluery played lights out!
Screw the Flyers and Hartnell. Lets bury them Thursday!

X-Terminator
12-16-2009, 12:33 AM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Yep, I can tell from your post that you had a blast tonight. Hell, even sitting from home with a crappy hard to see internet feed of the game online, and well ... I had a blast myself. :sofunny:

I envy you guys that you get to go to the games, but I'm happy that you both get to experience that. It must have been so much fun.

Great and fun hockey night in Pittsburgh, but the only concern about tonight was that before my internet feed went out, it looked like Jordan and Billy got hurt on the same shift. God please, don't let me log on tomorrow to find them both seriously hurt and out for an extended period of time. :hope:

Jordan is OK - he took a Geno slapper right in the stomach, which hurts me just thinking about it. Billy I think took a shot off his right foot and was trying to shake it off on the bench - he said it was "just a little stinger" and that it was no big deal, so it looks like he'll be OK as well.

SteelMember
12-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Looks like I missed a good one.

6-1.... 3 fights... nice.

What was the deal with Carcillo jumping into the glass after scoring? Was he just trying to fire up the crowd some more? What an idiot.

steelpride12
12-16-2009, 08:38 AM

What was the deal with Carcillo jumping into the glass after scoring? Was he just trying to fire up the crowd some more? What an idiot.

Idiots just thrive on this team and other than him being a hard ass he has nothing to hang his hat all....6-1! :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
12-16-2009, 08:51 AM

Some people think he did it to mock Georges Laraque's celebration after he scored a rare goal, since he was traded to Phoenix for Laraque in 2007.

stlrtruck
12-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Damn I missed a great game!! Next time I'll have to tell my daughter to schedule her move to/from college based on the schedule!

4xSBChamps
12-16-2009, 04:47 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/e1/fullj.108ba748268eec773d1e11488dbf62c2/108ba748268eec773d1e11488dbf62c2-getty-90959362bb001_philadelphia_.jpg

'Captain Leadership', leading with his back-side

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/PhuckFilthy.gif

Shea
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Jordan is OK - he took a Geno slapper right in the stomach, which hurts me just thinking about it. Billy I think took a shot off his right foot and was trying to shake it off on the bench - he said it was "just a little stinger" and that it was no big deal, so it looks like he'll be OK as well.

Thank God! Last thing I want to see is the injury bug rearing it's ugly little head, and start to take out our players again.

Shea
12-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Don't trust Sidney Crosby with your keys - 12-14-09

EN reader Tony sends along this note and photos:

"I went to Penstation xmas shopping today, and we decided to stay and try to get some autographs after practice. When Pascal Dupuis, Max Talbot, and Jay McKee came out, one of the guards gave them a giant bag of packing peanuts (the size of Hal Gill). Sidney Crosby came out and tossed them the keys to (strength and conditioning coach) Mike Kadar's Trailblazer and the photos tell the rest of the story.

(In the third pic, Sid looks like he is innocently signing autographs - but don't let that fool you. In the last pic, the guys building Consol were also getting a kick out of the prank.)"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2531/4185214361_e6c91642d8.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2576/4185214569_dbc4aa04c4.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/4185214897_bd3f0576e2.jpg

Imagine walking out to your car and openning up the door after the boys played that little trick on you? :chuckle:

X-Terminator
12-17-2009, 12:21 AM
And people say Sid has no personality... :flap:

Surprising that Jay McKee was in on it - he didn't strike me as the prankster type. Max and Dups though...no shocker there at all! :sofunny:

Shea
12-17-2009, 12:27 AM
And people say Sid has no personality... :flap:

Surprising that Jay McKee was in on it - he didn't strike me as the prankster type. Max and Dups though...no shocker there at all! :sofunny:

Exactly. :sofunny:

I've seen enough of Sid through his extensive coverage to know the kid is not only extremely mature for his age, and has been from day one, but that he's got a cute personality to boot.

Good to see the guys having fun. They're doing really well this season and it's great to see that the guys are keeping things loose and enjoying themselves. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
12-17-2009, 06:37 AM
That is hilarious! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love hearing about the pranks these guys pull on each other. :laughing: Sid most definitely does have "personality" and anyone who doesn't think so hasn't been paying attention.

4xSBChamps
12-17-2009, 07:42 AM
..... I must be ready for tonight's game against Philthadelphia, because I was dreaming last-night that I had Hartnell, with his head down, lined-up against the wall, and was gonna deliver a big-hit:
my fiancee wasn't too-happy with me when I smacked her in the mouth at 5:50 AM, and 'I' didn't think it was a big-deal.....

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow that is hilarious the personality and fun these guys have is awesome!
Philly again tonight, boy winning at home is amazing, but beating them again on their home ice priceless!
Lets Go Pens!

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Ok so my college has DirecTV, but I always get Pens game on our FSN, but for some reason is not working and says the channel is unavailable. Anyone else have DirecTV and is it working?

4xSBChamps
12-17-2009, 05:39 PM
http://www.justin.tv/tb4u22

I believe it is also the Yahoo game of the night

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Ok never mind it just randomly turned on thank god! LETS GO PENS!
Kill Hartnell!

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Damn Flyers score in the first two minutes. Come on Pens!

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Dupuis hurt.

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 06:15 PM
GOOOALLLL!!! The Pens first PP chance and Billy Guerin scores down low to tie the game up 1 to 1!
GO PENS!

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Rupp and Asham go at it again tonight as they did Tuesday! Love this stuff and the Pens finally having a physical presence.

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 06:26 PM
WOW! Fluery laying on his right side and Briere flipping the puck over him to the net, but a Fluery just robbed him with the glove! A crazy save!

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
GOOOALLLLL!!! Perfect timing on a Hartnell penalty and the second PP goal from Pittsburgh a botch clear from Pronger right to Sid for an up high close range goal!
Tied 2 to 2 LETS GO PENS!

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Fluery is playing great tonight as he has all season long. A break away from Asham and Fluery stones him! Two great saves!

stlrtruck
12-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Here were go to OT

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Fluery > Boucher

Fire Haley
12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
WOO-HOO!

That should really piss off the Flyers fans!

stlrtruck
12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Although the yahoo streaming was jumpy at best, it was better than watching anything they call hockey down here in FL

stlrtruck
12-17-2009, 08:48 PM
WOO-HOO!

That should really piss off the Flyers fans!

Don't the cryers fans get pissed when their team wins too? :noidea:

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 08:49 PM
YES PENS WIN! Fluery played lights out tonight and did in the shootout over Boucher and Letang just deked him out so hard and how classy for Philly to have Sid win them the shootout and a goal!

3 for 3 against the Cryers this season and we are just an overall more dominate team! I hate the Cryers with a passion and watching this is amazing!

Shea
12-17-2009, 09:07 PM
A home and a road game win against Philly. :applaudit:

All is right within my little hockey world! :banana:

X-Terminator
12-17-2009, 11:15 PM
I didn't get to watch any of the game and got to listen to the shootout, so since the Pens won again...

http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2009/12/Crosby%20Shootout%20Winner%201.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091218/capt.b080d07771d945b8b67a491de8727531.penguins_fly ers_hockey_pahr107.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/0a/fullj.9a1703c971728e0365ab9a3480c6b6d3/9a1703c971728e0365ab9a3480c6b6d3-getty-90957043jm007_pittsburgh_pe.jpg

PHUCK FILLY.

Edman
12-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Watching Sid own the Flyers never gets old.

Shea
12-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Watching Sid own the Flyers never gets old.

Amen to that!

I just ordered Sid's new coffee table book that follows his two day celebration with the Cup in Nova Scotia as my own Christmas gift to myself. Kinda wish that it was the total team involved within the book and their stories with Stanley, but I still can't wait to get my little present in the mail. Love Sid and it's suppose to be a beautiful collection of 87 photos with Sid contributing his own thoughts and writings to the text within the book.

Here's to hoping that next year at this time that there will be a similar concept for a book available to fans, including the whole team this time. One can only hope! :thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
12-18-2009, 06:02 AM
Although the yahoo streaming was jumpy at best, it was better than watching anything they call hockey down here in FL

after losing my ATDHE feed at the end of the 2nd (I never got the Yahoo feed to work at-all), I searched-around, and found this

http://www.justin.tv/buffalo_sabres_now

stream was nice & fluid (Paul Steigerwald & Bob Errey), and just as the host signed-off, he thanked Penguin fans for watching, adding the game Saturday night against Buffalo would also be shown here

4xSBChamps
12-18-2009, 06:08 AM
Amen to that!

I just ordered Sid's new coffee table book that follows his two day celebration with the Cup in Nova Scotia as my own Christmas gift to myself. Kinda wish that it was the total team involved within the book and their stories with Stanley, but I still can't wait to get my little present in the mail. Love Sid and it's suppose to be a beautiful collection of 87 photos with Sid contributing his own thoughts and writings to the text within the book.

Here's to hoping that next year at this time that there will be a similar concept for a book available to fans, including the whole team this time. One can only hope! :thumbsup:

My fiancee's oldest daughter, and her fiance, spent a day with the Cup over Labor Day weekend, as he has a relative who works with the Penguins

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/RamieChriswithStanleyCupLaborDay09f.jpg

SteelMember
12-18-2009, 06:53 AM
PHUCK FILLY.

Here, here :applaudit:

:drink:

4xSBChamps
12-19-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm watching a stream of the NYR @ Philthy game, and 5 minutes in, Pronger coughs-up the puck, and Drury puts it behind Boucher:
Laviolette calls his time-out, tongue-lashes the Phlyers, and Ronald McHartnell starts crap after the next face-off

Carcillo has gone-after Gaborik twice already, with Gaborik shoving him back, with few Rendellphia's getting to the game because of the snow-storm

..... have I mentioned how-much I enjoy Scuzzadelphia getting beat?

X-Terminator
12-19-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm watching a stream of the NYR @ Philthy game, and 5 minutes in, Pronger coughs-up the puck, and Drury puts it behind Boucher:
Laviolette calls his time-out, tongue-lashes the Phlyers, and Ronald McHartnell starts crap after the next face-off

Carcillo has gone-after Gaborik twice already, with Gaborik shoving him back, with few Rendellphia's getting to the game because of the snow-storm

..... have I mentioned how-much I enjoy Scuzzadelphia getting beat?

Yeah, but I enjoy watching the Dirty Rags getting beat too, just so I get to see the LOL entertainment that is a John Tortorella tirade, like the one he had Wednesday night. :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
12-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, but I enjoy watching the Dirty Rags getting beat too, just so I get to see the LOL entertainment that is a John Tortorella tirade, like the one he had Wednesday night. :chuckle:

I agree, but nobody in New Rat City takes losing hockey games like the misfits living in the 215, with their self-loathing, self-pitying, illogical-rationalization, reminiscing about 1975, and in-fighting amongst themselves

:thumbsup:

another few loses to the Penguins like this past week, and many dwellers of West Jersey would be laying-down in the middle of the 4-track mainline, waiting for the trains to come

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%20pictures/Phlyertrain-wreck.jpg

X-Terminator
12-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Well, getting Simon Gagne back didn't make a damn bit of difference for the thugs in prison orange - lose 2-1 to the Dirty Rags. They have now won just 3 times in their past 15 games. Chris Pronger continues to look like a bust of a signing, even though he did score the Flyers' lone goal. He's a pylon with skates, just like Derian Hatcher was. Mike Richards continues to play like he's thinking about the next girl he's going to bang this weekend. Their best player has been Dan Carcillo. That should tell you all you need to know about how much they suck. And on top of that, they denied me a chance to see another rant by Torts, right before he and Glen Sather were shown the door, as has been rumored. Bastards.

4xSBChamps
12-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Chris Pronger continues to look like a bust of a signing, even though he did score the Flyers' lone goal. He's a pylon with skates.

thePensBlog agrees with your assessment of Pronger

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%202009-2010/CrosbyRoad-ConePronger.jpg

he coughed-up the puck on a weak clearing-attempt Thursday, and another today, each resulting in a goal being scored on Boucher

X-Terminator
12-19-2009, 04:49 PM
thePensBlog agrees with your assessment of Pronger

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%202009-2010/CrosbyRoad-ConePronger.jpg

he coughed-up the puck on a weak clearing-attempt Thursday, and another today, each resulting in a goal being scored on Boucher

He also got burned on a fubared pinch on Tuesday that led to Staal's SHG. And the Flyers signed him to a 5 year deal! :rofl:

SteelCityMom
12-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Wow, either everyone's getting a beer or the weather must be REAL bad up in Buffalo, cause that is one empty arena.

Edit: Nevermind, must have just been an early shot of the arena right before the game started cause it's pretty full now.

Gonna be a tough game tonight, Sabres defense looks tough this year.

Lets Go Pens!!

X-Terminator
12-19-2009, 07:38 PM
The Pens have 13 SOG through 2 periods, and about 20 that missed the net, it seems like. Malkin missed twice on wide open looks on the PP. If I'm Bylsma, I'm saying for the love of God, guys...HIT THE NET!!!

SteelCityMom
12-19-2009, 08:38 PM
And it's going to a SO. It's been a goalies game for sure. The Pens PP didn't look great at all, but man, that PK was just superb. Killing over a minute of 5 on 3 in regulation and 2 minutes of 4 on 3 in OT. I think the Pens will have the advantage here.

Fire Haley
12-19-2009, 08:42 PM
We don't need no stinkin' PP

Fleury is a God

Pens win!

SteelCityMom
12-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Pens win 2-1 in the SO, with Letang getting the only one past Lalime.

:bowdown: Fleury

X-Terminator
12-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey, a win is a win. The Sabres are tough, and they showed it tonight.

Kris Letang - 3 goals in the SO, just one in regular time. He has amazing skills for a defenseman, probably the best I've ever seen.

Fleury, once again, was outstanding in goal. And give it up for the PK - terrific work again tonight.

Now, can they please get a win over those damn Devils Monday night?

pittsburghp8baller
12-19-2009, 09:34 PM
He also got burned on a fubared pinch on Tuesday that led to Staal's SHG. And the Flyers signed him to a 5 year deal! :rofl:

Not only that, but they also gave up two players that were first round picks (Lupul and Sbisa) and then at least one other draft pick for next year.

steelpride12
12-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Great win for the Pens last night and what a game it was all night! Seemed like we have over 20 missed shots that could have hit the net, but we still got it done and are perfect on shootouts thanks to Fluery and the great goal scoring!

Did anyone see that weird call on Malkin when he touched the puck still in the penalty box and got another penalty right there? I never knew that was a penalty and not sure it should be, but its rare I guess and stinks Malkins been in the box so much the past few games.

Letang is a beast. He is doing great on the shootout, wish I could say the same about his regulation play, but for his age he is showing potential to be one scary threat as a defense man.