PDA

View Full Version : The Most Overrated Team in the NFL?

Elvis
10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
2 questions for ya....
Who is the most Overrated in the NFL and
Who is the most Underrated in the NFL .... Teams that is...
Overrated is....
Cincinnati Bengals- Where is the Run Defense that is gonna keep teams like us and the Patriots from running right down their throats?
Underrated is....
Chicago Bears- They have a pretty dominant defense and a good running game as usuall, but now that Grossman is playin' well at QB they are the team to beat in the NFC right now *** Of course these are just my opinions... I didnt sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, so I might have different/wrong thoughts right now***:chicken: :blah: :jammin: :thumbsup:

Stillers#1
10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
I would say:

Over-rated: Ravens
Under: Steelers / KC

"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Over-rated: Giants/Bengals
Under-rated: Jaguars

Atlanta Dan
10-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Overrated - Ravens (if they make the playoffs they will go out in the first round with that offense) & Giants (NY hype machine pushing Eli on us all)

Underated - Panthers (along with Seahawks & Bears they are the class of teh NFC and will end up around 12-4)

If teh Steelers lose next week they are candidates to go in the overrated category - "training camp" is now officially over for Ben and it is time to start taking care of business

Steelersfan4life0655
10-02-2006, 05:11 PM
i may get alittle heat for this, but i really think that the bears are overrated. i know they have a great defense, but i truly believe that their offense will sputter out and will be hard the the defense to carry the offense all the way.

and the underrated, of course would be the steelers, i just believe that we dont get the credit and dues that this team really has. we've had some problems in the last few months, but i believe that this team will be back to tip top shape in the next few, they just need to get their idenity back.:tt02:

Mosca
10-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Overrated: Saints. They're going to go bust soon. And the Broncos are 2-1, but they're not scoring a lot of points.

Underrated: the Chiefs are 1-2, but they're doing a good job on defense; 10 ppg.

Tom

BlackNGold203
10-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Overrated: a tie between the Ravens and Falcons

Underrated: another tie...Steelers and Chiefs

SmashMouthSteelerFan
10-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Most overrated Panthers and of course the bengals(that's a given)!!

Underated The Saints! :dang:

Now as far as our Beloved Steelers are concerned... I think the experts are giving as the props we deserve. At the beginning of the season we were always ranked #1 (espn power rankings, weekly top 5, etc). My only complaint is the fact that they did not pick us to go to the SB, but hey this is a new NFL and it is hard to repeat...:blah: :blah:
Anyhow, we have gotten side tracked the past couple of weeks and we find ourself's one up on the clowns. :banging: :dang: Granted we pretty much beat the Bungles if it wasn't for our own mistakes. That is where I think the experts are getting down on us and starting to get away from 'ranking' us.

BUT HEY, we are an underdog team, we play our best football as the underdog. It always seems we play bad when we are on top of the rankings! So when we are not picked to win against __________ (insert any of the following Indy, Bungles, Denver, Pats) I say :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :cheers: :thumbsup: :tt03:

JM$.02

CantStop85
10-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Underrated: another tie...Steelers and Chiefs
More like underperforming.

SteelCityMan786
10-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Overrated:Ravens, Eagles

Underated:Steelers

Lyn
10-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Overrated in our division the bungholes
Overrated in our division the Ratbirds........they will go as far as McNair body holds out I give him another month then the shoulder'/hernia/back, etc will take over IR

too early to pick underrated.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-03-2006, 03:59 AM
OKAY. I'll go out on a limb. I like Chicago but I would make a case that they have yet to prove they can go all the way.

They beat the Seahawks at home without ALexander. Okay. Great win. Sad division. Are they really that much better than the team we beat down last season? I dunno. But to annoint the Bears as the best team in the NFL is to me the most overrrated. Their schedule is lame too. They play the Pats so we'll see.

The Bengals team is the other.

I'm very happy for the HC Smith. He's a cool cat. But I'm not fully sold.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Overrated: Colts....Manning gets hurt and they may not win a game....

Underrated: Pittsburgh Steelers......Defending superbowl champs......get no respect....

HometownGal
10-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Overrated - the Denver Broncs. Plummer is way too inconsistent, Rat Face can't make up his mind which RB is his starter (more inconsistency) and their offense has been less than stellar thus far this season. Thank God for their defense.

Underrated - the Philly Eagles. They have been a scoring machine thus far this season, even with recent injuries. Their D has been pretty awesome overall and they have a great coach in Andy Reid.

Prosdo
10-03-2006, 09:29 AM
Overrated: Ravens
Underrated: Chiefs

Livinginthe past
10-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Overrated - the Denver Broncs. Plummer is way too inconsistent, Rat Face can't make up his mind which RB is his starter (more inconsistency) and their offense has been less than stellar thus far this season. Thank God for their defense.

Underrated - the Philly Eagles. They have been a scoring machine thus far this season, even with recent injuries. Their D has been pretty awesome overall and they have a great coach in Andy Reid.

I dont know how great a coach Andy Reid is - his two minute drill last night was real ugly - a common theme with him.

For those would didnt see it here is the 2 minute drill from last night.

1-10-GB25 (1:11) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete deep middle.

2-10-GB25 (1:07) D.McNabb sacked at GB 27 for -2 yards.

3-12-GB27 (:28) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.McNabb sacked at GB 36 for -9 yards.

So its 4th and 12 and you have just under 30 seconds left what do you do?

Well, I can tell you what Andy Reid did.

He let the play clock run down to 1 second for the FG attempt - which would have been 55 yards - then he ran a trick play pass to a lumbering TE who gained 11 of the 36 yards he needed for the TD before running out of bounds.

To me, that is inexcusable play calling by a coach - luckily it was only the Packers and the Eagles won anyway.

NM

RoethlisBURGHer
10-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Overrated: Ratbirds-they barley beat Cleveland...McNair is playing better than Boller,but barley...the defense is really good but an injury to Reed,Lewis,or either CB and that awesome defense goes downhill

Underrated: Jets-Mangini has this team playing better than they ever did under Edwards (which hurts for me to say because I am a big Edwards fan)

3 to be 4
10-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Overated- once again, the Colts. every year they sucker the "experts" with their fast starts.

Underated- happy to see so many seeing what i see in my "other" hometown team the Chiefs, im telling you, i have the same weird feeling i had watching the 2001 Patriots. not saying the Chiefs are a SB team, but i think that defense has bought into what Edwards is selling, and when Rod Gardner is up to speed and can join Kennison and Gonzales and that running game, Huard just has to manage the game like he was taught by Belichick and Brady.

tony hipchest
10-03-2006, 09:14 PM
ive heard alot of the raven being overrated since the season started.

people are, hoping, expecting, waiting for mcnair or any of their defensive players to get hurt and prove the team is nothing without them. well, that goes for any team and if your waiting for a star player to get hurt to see them derailed then the team must be better than you are willing to admit.

if manning, mcnair, tomlinson, brady, hasselbeck go down all those teams are screwed. if parker is gone for the year, the steelers are screwed.

steelers split the series in 2 close games with the ravens with a. wright and k. boller as the top 2 qb's in their sb run and the ravens were the only team to beat them in their 15-1 season.

quit waiting for mcnair to get hurt. it may not happen. if youve watched football for the past 10 years you know the dude is a baller. he can do exactly to the steelers what he did to san diego and what he almost did to the rams in the sb.

our team and coaches must stop him TWICE. not sit around and wait for him to get hurt.

hardwork
10-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Underrated: Jets-Mangini has this team playing better than they ever did under Edwards (which hurts for me to say because I am a big Edwards fan)

I'll go along with that one.

Elvis
10-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Great responses ladies/gentleman..... We have had alot of great answers and I agree with alot of them and dissagree with some also... of course we are not gonna agree with each other all the time... The Ravens are tough on Dee as usual... The Saints are just riding high right now and I think that they will sink down to earth now... The Chiefs are not going to do much unless they get Trent Green back... and they get their O line built back up. Their Dee hasnt played a big game yet just like the Bengals Defense showed their true colors against the Steelers and Patriots running games...