PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart's First Start

sumo
10-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes -- the second coming of Big Ben -- Leinart will now take the Cards to a 27-4 record in their next 31 games - Seriously though, I want to know what your predictions are - and please refrain from saying stuff like "I don't care - the Cards suck" and all that -- I already know this -- but I can't help it -I have been following them since they moved to AZ and there the only other team I follow closely besides the Steelers -

My prediction for Leinart 21-36 - 310 yards 2 TDS Cards win 24-21

What do you think?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2006, 04:21 PM
I think that Leinart will be a great QB, but until the cardinals get an offensive of line hes going to be sacked...........Think about David Carr and his first year.......sacked over 100 times.................???

sumo
10-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I think that Leinart will be a great QB, but until the cardinals get an offensive of line hes going to be sacked...........Think about David Carr and his first year.......sacked over 100 times.................???

Good point .. but I don't think he will be sacked as much as Warner was -- funny you bring up Carr - I have a friend in Houston that insists he is the best QB in the NFL - I was laughing until I checked his stats -- he is having a great year even though his team is horrible --

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Good point .. but I don't think he will be sacked as much as Warner was -- funny you bring up Carr - I have a friend in Houston that insists he is the best QB in the NFL - I was laughing until I checked his stats -- he is having a great year even though his team is horrible --

I think carr is better then most starting QB, but he never has time to throw the ball...
If we didnt have Big Ben on our team i would love to have Carr..

Livinginthe past
10-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Leinart is going to struggle horribly.

The only thing that would save a QB behind that line is alot of mobility - a Vince Young type might put up some numbers.

As it is he will be creamed repeatedly into the turf.

No amount of WR talent can help if you dont have the time to throw the ball to them.

NM

Big D
10-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I agree with the david carr statements. Also big denny must not have been paying attention to andrew walter and how bad he is struggling behind a bad offensive line. I dont think you put a young qb in this kind of situation. All you will do is hurt the confidence level.

sumo
10-03-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree with the david carr statements. Also big denny must not have been paying attention to andrew walter and how bad he is struggling behind a bad offensive line. I dont think you put a young qb in this kind of situation. All you will do is hurt the confidence level.

I still think Warner makes the line look a lot worse than it is -- everybody in Giants land said the same thing when Warner was getting sacked and fumbling over there -- as soon as Eli comes in, the emphasis switched back to how the QB was playing ...

silver & black
10-05-2006, 06:27 PM
No amount of WR talent can help if you dont have the time to throw the ball to them.

NM

Don't I know it!:dang: