PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on Haynesworth, and the Bengals thug image

Mosca
10-03-2006, 04:02 PM
I love this guy; he's one of the best sports analysts around right now:

------------------------------------------------

FANS ARE STOMPING MAD ABOUT HAYNESWORTH. From Steven of Vienna, Va.: "In light of the Albert Haynesworth stomping incident, what will it take to also control NFL players' off-the-field incidents? Because of these head cases, two of the classiest men in the game, Jeff Fisher and Marvin Lewis, are being dragged down with them.''

KING:Good point. I think the NFL did the right thing with the five-game suspension. They took 30 percent of the playing time and 30 percent of the season's pay away from Haynesworth, which sends the message that this kind of behavior won't be tolerated. Now, as far as Cincinnati goes, it's like inviting the fox into the henhouse and telling him to behave like a lamb. You can lecture these wayward players as much as you want, but the Bengals are the ones who signed all of them. If they want to stop that, it's up to them.

-----------------------------------------------

A point that is implicit here is one that we kind of don't get; 5 games is a long suspension for an NFL player. It doesn't seem like enough to us (and me, I'd go for 8), but to the guy there it's a lot.

And then he makes the distinction between the incidents, and lays the lie to the questioner's calling Lewis "classy". Nice twist, without actually saying anything he says it all.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-03-2006, 04:33 PM
TOO MANY THUGS IN THE NFL........NFL NEEDS TO CLEAN UP......
KICK THE *******S OUT.......AND DONT LET THEM BACK IN...........
EASY AS THAT...
DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE.......YOU BREAK THE LAW AND YOUR OUT...(yes there are exceptions of what and how it happeded....but if its a reacurring incident.....YOUR OUT...