PDA

View Full Version : How could I have ever doubted?

3 to be 4
10-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Givens 4 games with Tennessee
8 catches, 104 yards, 0 TDs

Caldwell 4 games with New England
9 catches, 113 yards, 0 TDs

Branch 2 games with Seattle
5 catches, 80 yards, 0 TDs

Gabriel 2 games with New England
10 catches, 122 yards, 2 TDs

plus, they have saved a lot of money, they have Chad Jackson in the wings, and a #1 pick in the 2007 draft coming. Yeah, I guess Belichick and Pioli know what they are doing.

Livinginthe past
10-03-2006, 07:23 PM

plus, they have saved a lot of money, they have Chad Jackson in the wings, and a #1 pick in the 2007 draft coming. Yeah, I guess Belichick and Pioli know what they are doing.

Its crazy how often the doubters resurface.

Now, fans from other teams - I can understand why they might doubt the touch of Belioli - part of it is definitely wishful thinking and who can blame them?

The people who I dont understand are the Patriots fans who are too ready to call out their own management as 'cheap' - it happened with Troy Brown and it happened again with Vinatieri and Branch.

These people fail to understand the 'bigger picture' - personnel decisons they make now, players they over pay for now - all impact on future negotiations and the strength of the Patriots position in those negotiations.

Even though its not fashionable, I pretty much give BB and Pioli free passes when it comes to personnel decisions.

NM

augustashark
10-03-2006, 10:42 PM

So far so good I agree, but lets put this in perspective shall we.

Givens has a rookie QB and maybe the worst team in the NFL.

Branch has played two games correct, but the 2nd game was against the best D in the league.

Lets give it a couple of more weeks before we judge Branch.

So with that, I don't think you can start blowing your own horn just yet.

hardwork
10-03-2006, 11:29 PM

Lets put this in perspective shall we.

It doesn't matter what Givens does. It doesn't matter what Branch does. If they have a season reminiscent of Jerry Rice does that help or hurt the Patriots? Neither. It only matters how Gabriel, Caldwel, Jackson, and our tight ends do. And so far I'd say things appear to be coming together for the Patriots.

So, yes, 3 to be 4, never doubt the brains behind 3 of the last 5 SB victories. We, in the Athens of America, are wicked smaaaaat.

augustashark
10-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Lets put this in perspective shall we.

It doesn't matter what Givens does. It doesn't matter what Branch does. If they have a season reminiscent of Jerry Rice does that help or hurt the Patriots? Neither. It only matters how Gabriel, Caldwel, Jackson, and our tight ends do. And so far I'd say things appear to be coming together for the Patriots.

So, yes, 3 to be 4, never doubt the brains behind 3 of the last 5 SB victories. We, in the Athens of America, are wicked smaaaaat.

Sure it does, if they blow up then it means that the Patriots made a mistake by letting them go. It does'nt take a genius to understand that. If Givens or Branch have a season reminiscent of Jerry Rice (as you put it) you guys will be crying in your wicked Sam Adams.:toofunny:

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-04-2006, 03:28 PM
As soon as you realize that Bill B. can see the future the better off you'll be.:dang:

hardwork
10-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Sure it does, if they blow up then it means that the Patriots made a mistake by letting them go. It does'nt take a genius to understand that. If Givens or Branch have a season reminiscent of Jerry Rice (as you put it) you guys will be crying in your wicked Sam Adams.:toofunny:

Well, first, I agree with the sentiment expressed by 3 to be 4 in the opening post. I have had the same feelings myself.

Now, second, Branch and Givens are gone. Belichick didn't say they don't have talent. He made his decision based on their value in connection with the contracts offered and rejected. What they do from now on is irrelevant to the Patriots organization. There is no point in revisiting the issue. What the receivers we have now do is what is relevant to the Patriots. This game of emotions about how the fans may feel or not feel if Brown or Givens have a great year, or if our current crop of receivers have a bad year, is just that, emotions.