PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Fan Rituals

Lyn
10-04-2006, 02:54 PM
This week, have you done anything special or avoided doing certain things so you won't jinx the Steelers?

Hines0wnz
10-04-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm changing jerseys this week, I was wearing Hines' #86 but I'm switching to Ben's #7 to give him more support.

19ward86
10-04-2006, 03:10 PM
last week i didnt say the steelers prayer and this week i have to go back and do it, and make sure everything is back to normal.

Lyn
10-04-2006, 04:09 PM
last week i didnt say the steelers prayer and this week i have to go back and do it, and make sure everything is back to normal.

Great treminder, we need to do that too, they won all their games when we did that, thanks for reminding me! :)

sumo
10-04-2006, 04:15 PM

I am new here --please don't make fun of me -- but will somebody enlighten me as to what the Steeler prayer is

steelfan 92
10-04-2006, 04:16 PM
the steelers were up at the start of the 3rd quarter, my five yr old son through a temper tantrum becuase he wanted to go to the park. so i took him and i did not watch the rest of the game. every time i don't watch the entire game they seem to loose. my son will be in bed by 73o pm on sunday.

PisnNapalm
10-04-2006, 04:33 PM
I will be wearing my lucky Steelers outfit for the game. Last game I didn't. I'm sorry. :o(

Lyn
10-04-2006, 04:57 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: I am new here --please don't make fun of me -- but will somebody enlighten me as to what the Steeler prayer is

Never would make fun of a great Steeler fan like you!

Here you go:

Our Father, who is Art Rooney in Heaven, football be thy game.
Thy kingdom come, 5 Super Bowls won, on earth as it is at Heinz Field.
Give us this day against SD, and forgive us our penalties, As we defeat those who play against us.
Lead us to victory, and deliver us to Miami.

Then each week just replace the team with whomever we are playing. This wek it is SD.

Miami is where the sb is going to be, correct?

sumo
10-04-2006, 05:09 PM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Never would make fun of a great Steeler fan like you!

Here you go:

Our Father, who is Art Rooney in Heaven, football be thy game.
Thy kingdom come, 5 Super Bowls won, on earth as it is at Heinz Field.
Give us this day against SD, and forgive us our penalties, As we defeat those who play against us.
Lead us to victory, and deliver us to Miami.

Then each week just replace the team with whomever we are playing. This wek it is SD.

Miami is where the sb is going to be, correct?

Thank you -- that will become part of my game prep --

SteelersWoman
10-04-2006, 06:41 PM
I started out this year's seasoning opener wearing my Steelers baseball cap. We won, so I wore it for the next game--we lost. I wore it again against Cincy, took it off when we had just a few minutes to go, so nothing I did seemed to make a bit of difference lol

I watch the games all the way through (even when it's to the *bitter* end) simply because I love watchin the Steelers play, and I ALways have hope that they'll turn it around (until there's no hope left) and then I just resign myself, and wait for the coaches and QBs statements after the game.

And then I either think "that was a classy way to handle it" or not.

Loved the Steelers prayer--that was quite interesting :)

Dynasty
10-04-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm sorry you guys. Us losing to Cincy is all my fault. Instead of my Heath Miller jersey that I wore through the whole playoffs, I wore my Parker jersey. Figured he needed some extra support after JAX.... and that worked nicely. But sadly, we lost. I'm so sorry u guys.

clarient
10-04-2006, 08:25 PM
My boyfriend encouraged me to kiss him when I was fuming during the Jax game. As soon as I did, Ben threw an int.

Sadly, he won't be getting any more PDA while the Black and Gold are on the field.

jaysta
10-04-2006, 08:47 PM
No matter what city I've been in on a Steelers gameday, I've always had my old Terrible Towel (from the 70's Super Bowl days) tucked away somewhere. It's been hidden with me on the field at many different stadiums. Anytime I could watch a game on TV I always used it and vowed back in 79' to never get a new one until the Steelers won one for the thumb. Last year during that amazing playoff run, someone got me a new towel which I refused to use until after the SB for fear of a jinx. Couldn't bring myself to use the new towel this year until halftime of the Cincy game when I thought it was time to start a new era. We all know how that turned out....yikes! Here's to all of your Terrible Towel memories! :cheers: :tt02:

steelcurtain09
10-04-2006, 09:07 PM
i have been a Steelers fan all my life but have never owned a jersey. this week i got a jersey and i am goin to wear ir every game.
i also like the prayer and am goin to say it b4 the game
i might even use my old school black Terrible Towel (the only one i have)

Hines86Ward
10-04-2006, 10:39 PM
I didnt miss the Miami game, but I missed the 2nd half of the Jacksonville game & the entire Cincinnati game because of work. So I've called off work for the remaining games on the schedule.....And I also didnt wear my lucky authentic Hines Ward jersey for those two games. I started wearing it during the Chicago game last year, and everytime I've worn it, the Steelers have won.

jaysta
10-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry you guys. Us losing to Cincy is all my fault. Instead of my Heath Miller jersey that I wore through the whole playoffs, I wore my Parker jersey. Figured he needed some extra support after JAX.... and that worked nicely. But sadly, we lost. I'm so sorry u guys.

I've been wondering for a week and half who wore that Parker jersey and caused them to lose. LOL :smile:

(Hey btw I like those sigs you've been making. Cool stuff!)

Dynasty
10-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Hey thanks man.... and i kinda figured someone might have figured me out.... but i wanted to geet it off my chest.. lol

Steelers
10-05-2006, 12:04 PM
For every game last season, postseason, and Super Bowl, I wore my black Roethlisberger replica jersey. I also wore it against Miami this season. I've since replaced it with an authentic black Roethlisberger and we're on a 2-game losing streak. If I were superstitious, I'd feel guity, but sometimes you've gotta wonder...

Lyn
10-05-2006, 12:26 PM
:tt02: I really do think it has something to do with it. During the playoss I put on a steeler sweatsuit (the gray one Duce wore). I did it because I can not stand him and I was mocking him. I also wore my white (away #7 jerasey). We won everything, plus we said the prayer before each game, that was cruical! This season, I have NOT said the prayer nor have I wore that gray sweatsuit with the away #7 on it. That is what I am going to do on Sunday night and if we win, I am a believer.

My terrible towel has never been washed (I have had it since the '70s when they came out) and it has been to many tailgates and games. It is absolutely scroungy but I still take it with me. I did buy a new one at the AFCC game against NE and we all know how that turned out :)

ARKIESTEEL
10-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Well undo all the stuff you should so we can win again I have done my share of sins as well and I plan to undo them too:dang: :banging: :jawdrop:

memphissteelergirl
10-05-2006, 03:51 PM
I guess the "mojo" has changed...

I wore the camoflauge "Pittsburgh" cap I wore all through the playoffs last year and we lost to the Jags and the Bungals. I will leave it at home this time.

jaysta
10-06-2006, 10:21 PM
:tt02:
My terrible towel has never been washed (I have had it since the '70s when they came out) and it has been to many tailgates and games. It is absolutely scroungy but I still take it with me. I did buy a new one at the AFCC game against NE and we all know how that turned out :)

Mine has never been washed either (I've had it since the '70's when they came out too). I suppose we're safe now that we won that 5th SB, but I can't bring myself to do it. :tt02:

jaysta
10-06-2006, 10:22 PM
:tt02:

Mine has never been washed either (I've had it since the '70's when they came out too). I suppose we're safe now that we won that 5th SB, but I can't bring myself to do it. :tt02: