PDA

View Full Version : Chidi Iwuoma to the Patriots

Livinginthe past
10-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Your thoughts please, on the latest ex-Steelers to join the ranks of the Patriots?

The takes I have heard so far lead me to believe that he is an ace ST player (gunner) but wont be troubling the starters in the DB corps anytime soon.

Any insider info appreciated.

NM

HometownGal
10-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Your thoughts please, on the latest ex-Steelers to join the ranks of the Patriots?

The takes I have heard so far lead me to believe that he is an ace ST player (gunner) but wont be troubling the starters in the DB corps anytime soon.

NM

You nailed it in a nutshell, LITP. All I can say right now is - DAMN IT! :mad:

Stlrs4Life
10-04-2006, 05:02 PM

NM

He is exactly that, he will be missed. If not for Abntony Smith, he's still a Steeler. Still would haver kept Chidi and cut Morey. Good pick up by the Pats. Good Luck Chidi.

klick81
10-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Dammit.

Atlanta Dan
10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah - there goes all hope of a repeat for the Steelers; the absence of Chidi's help with blocking for Parker in the Jax game and returning punts against Cincy clearly made the difference in both games.

The Pats are now prohibitive favorites to win it all.

Seriously, he is a nice special teams player (for a 5'7" DB) and for all I know may have other redemming qualities such as being polite and having good handwriting, but if he is such a difference maker I doubt he would have gone unsigned for the last month.

Hopefully the Steelers can now focus maximium effort on bringing Kuhns back.

SteelShooter
10-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Dammit.

................................Ditto............. ...................

SteelersFreak
10-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Steelers never should've cut him.

19ward86
10-04-2006, 08:03 PM
chidi iwouma didnt do anything last year, why is everyone crying about him...that is why we spent our 1st and 3rd draft pick on STers.

Dynasty
10-04-2006, 09:54 PM
hey 19ward86.... I kinda have a sneaking suspicion that we drafter Santonio Holmes to play reciever.... just a thought. Alos, both he and Reid are return men. Iwoma is a gunner. He plays on kickoffs.

Bigsteve332310
10-04-2006, 10:05 PM
damn i really wish we woulda kept chidi and cut morey. Chidi was my boy as you can see from my avatar... Hey livininthe past, do you know how to write pats fan mail?

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-05-2006, 01:13 AM
'Chick has an eye for true talent...

BlackNGold203
10-05-2006, 05:52 AM
Chidi was a special teams gunner..and a decent one....

LMAO

"OH NOOOO....what do we do without Chidi!!!!"

LOL...cmon people...if he had true talent...he'd be playing corner or safety...

I liked him...now he's a Patriot....wheeeeee

Whatever...Chidi Iowoma's are a dime a dozen in this league....

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Chidi was a special teams gunner..and a decent one....

LMAO

"OH NOOOO....what do we do without Chidi!!!!"

LOL...cmon people...if he had true talent...he'd be playing corner or safety...

I liked him...now he's a Patriot....wheeeeee

Whatever...Chidi Iowoma's are a dime a dozen in this league....

:iagree:

I liked Chidi's work ethic and effort...but I wouldnt keep older ST'ers in place of younger (cheaper) and possibley more talented draft picks. If the choice came down to Reid/Chidi...its a no-brainer.

HometownGal
10-05-2006, 08:15 AM
I know it's not the end of the world, but Chidi was, imho, the most consistent and hard-hitting ST'rs we've had the last 4 seasons and I feel his presence has been and will be sorely missed. Our ST play hasn't exactly been setting the league on fire thus far this season.