PDA

View Full Version : You can't blame Rudi for being upset

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-05-2006, 08:00 AM
You can't blame Rudi for being upset
Thursday, October 05, 2006

CINCINNATI — Five reasons why you can't blame Bengals tailback Rudi Johnson for being upset after Sunday's 38-13 loss to New England:

1. The workload: He rushed just 14 times for 65 yards (a 4.6 average) with a long gain of 13 and a 2-yard TD.

2. The scheme: The Patriots played a "Cover 2" with their safeties rotating to help the cornerbacks double cover wideouts Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The scheme is ideal for running the ball, which the Bengals didn't do enough.

3. The play calling: With Cincinnati trailing 21-13 at 3:55 of the third quarter, Johnson ran 8 yards on first down, setting up second and 2 at the Pats' 38. Two straight incomplete passes led to a punt. Johnson ran just one time the final 18 minutes, 30 seconds.

4: The defense: It couldn't stop New England. The Bengals yielded 424 yards and allowed the Pats to convert 6 of 13 third downs.

5. The agony: Johnson got upstaged by New England tailbacks Laurence Maroney (125 yards, 2 TDs) and Corey Dillon (67 yards, 1 TD).

tony hipchest
10-05-2006, 09:22 AM
wow. but its not only rudi who is upset and bitching about not getting the ball.

from peter kings fantasy report:

8. So you want to know which Bengal receivers to play. The only healthy one is number four Kelley Washington, now that Chris Henry has a strained groin. I'm going to give you a cliche answer, based on a conversation I had with Chad Johnson recently. I don't care if he's got a headache, and a bad one, apparently. What he has inside of him is a voracious desire to play well against the Steelers, and if Carson Palmer doesn't throw him at least seven balls Sunday, Johnson's going to have a fit. So if you've got him, don't worry about the Steelers blitz or the other Bengal wideouts. Johnson will shine on Sunday.

could you imagine his reaction if the steelers only commit 4 turnovers and the bengals lost? we all know the team is on a 1 way track to self destructionville, but they are merely inches away from implosion and a complete meltdown!

ARKIESTEEL
10-05-2006, 09:29 AM
wow. but its not only rudi who is upset and bitching about not getting the ball.

from peter kings fantasy report:

could you imagine his reaction if the steelers only commit 4 turnovers and the bengals lost? we all know the team is on a 1 way track to self destructionville, but they are merely inches away from implosion and a complete meltdown!

Cant wait to see this I recall you have had this picked for some time now. What we need is more left hooks in the locker room and two or three more of them locked up for drugs and under age chics.