PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for 2005 season

BB2W
07-13-2005, 03:28 PM
- Week 1, Sept. 11 vs. TITANS - W 24-10 (1-0)
Big Ben is back, and he looks more comfortable than ever. His command of the feild and leadership of the offense are noticible. Nice pick Cowhaaa! Titans get off to a slow start, and our "D" is pumped up for week one at Heinz. Ben gets them in the endzone early, and Duce takes it from there. Ball-controll style victory.

- Week 2, Sept. 18 @ TEXANS - W 31-27 (2-0)
David Carr to Andre Johnson early, and our sencondary's inability to cover Johnson is obvious. Double teaming Johnson only complicates things when Carr starts to hit other open receivers. If it wasn't for the Texans lack of defense we may not have won this shoot-out. Ben struggles at times throwing his first INT of the year, but our "D" is able to stop them on the last possesion of the game.

- Week 3, Sept. 25 vs. PATRIOTS - W 27-24 OT (3-0)
No way they are gonna win in our house again!!! The crowd and the team are fired up! We get out to an early lead, and at times it looks like we may win easily, but after a few punts Tom Brady is able to bring them back and create on of the better finishes to any game this season. Jeff Reed hit a clutch kick on the first possesion of OT.

- Week 4, Oct. 10 @ CHARGERS L 31-17 (3-1)
After a big win and a much needed bye week. The Steelers travel to the west coast and self-destruct. It could be rust, it could be the long trip, or it could just be the Chargers, but the Steelers struggle. The Chargers look good and we can't stop them. Colclough comes in for Williams, and he starts the remainder of the season. Teacher beats student.

- Week 5, Oct. 16 vs. JAGUARS W 34-10 (4-1)
Big Ben and Lord Byron face off again, but this time its in our house. Steelers win easy. Byron plays bad..... already naggin from injuries he is a sitting duck, and we are able to pressure the QB. He coughs it up and throws some picks.....defense looks great! Duce runs for 150.

- Week 6, Oct. 23 @ BENGALS W 14-6 (5-1)
This will be a tough game. After being the visitor for four out of their first six games, the Bengals are pumped up to be home, and they are in a must win situation after all the road games. I think it is an ugly game and Cincy plays tough, but the difference is a defensive TD by Pittsburgh in the second half.

- Week 7, Oct. 31 vs. RAVENS W 27-17 (6-1)
Steelers and the Ravens under the lights. Does it get any better than this? The whole nation tunes in as these bitter rivals are battling for the division lead. The Ravens stack the box and Ben plays one of the better games of his career exposing their new 46 defense early. Forced to watch for the deep threat.... Duce starts to get going, and I even see Bettis getting some action against the Ratbirds. Well played game by the Steelers on both sides of the ball.

- Week 8, Nov. 6 @ PACKERS W 24-10 (7-1)
The Packers do not play well, and we are able to pull one out in Lambeau. The Steelers are just too much for the Pack.....Farve starts sligin it, and Polamalu finishes with two INT's. The defense looks great, and is able to hold Green to almost nothing.

- Week 9, Nov. 13 vs. BROWNS W 41-17 (8-1)
Steelers reach their highest point total of the year in this nationally telivised blow-out. Browns score last, but they never had a chance. Maddux, and Bettis see some playing time in mop up duty. Fred Gibson get his first TD of his career.

- Week 10, Nov. 20 @ RAVENS L 28-17 (9-2)
Tough game, and a tough loss. The Steelers never could get it going. We couldn't run, Big Ben struggled, and Ed Reed found the endzone on an INT return. The Ravens were clearly the better team this time around.

- Week 11, Nov. 28 @ COLTS L 38-27 (9-3)
Back to back....ouch! It is a close game at first, but when Peyton starts to get going. he is going. They are faster than us on the turf, and bottom line....we cant score with them. We are able to move the ball.....just not like them. Heath Miller has a breakout game, having his way in the middle of the feild.

- Week 12, Dec. 4 vs. BENGALS W 28-26 (9-3)
Bengals usually play us tough and this season is no different....two great games. Carson and Ben get in a shootout. Chad Johnson has a big game, but Ben's passes over the middle to Miller and Ward keep the chains moving. The Bengals score a TD late, and go for two, but fail to convert. BIG defensive stop!

- Week 13, Dec. 11 vs. BEARS W 34-13 (9-4)
Easy home win for the Steelers. Boring game!.... Bears never had a chance. I got drunk as hell, and passed out in the third quarter.

- Week 14, Dec. 18 @ VIKINGS W 28-24 (10-4)
A very good road win for Pittsburgh, and the score makes it appear closer than it was. The Steelers got on top early and never looked back. Although the Vikes were able to keep it close. Dante struggled....took some sacks, and threw some picks. Heath Miller has another impressive game as a rookie, and Big Ben looks confident going into the playoffs.

- Week 15, Dec.24 @ BROWNS W 24-9 (11-4)
Crennell's system starts to take place and the defense plays much better at home, but the offense can only put up three feild goals. Steelers run the ball a lot in another ball controll win that completely silences the crowd. Duce and the Bus run all over them.

- Week 16, Jan. 1 vs. LIONS L 21-17 (11-5)
After clinching the AFCN last week, Cowher takes out the starters early. Detroit is fighting to salvage their season....maybe a dark-horse in the wild card standings, and they pull out a victory in a meanigless game for the Steelers. Jerome Bettis gets a lot of playing time, and receives an emotional send-off in his last reular season game in Pittsburgh.

BB2W

bigbensgirl7
07-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey pretty good predictions there...good post!!! If that's how the year goes, I'll be satisfied as long as it is followed by a SB win also

Prosdo
07-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Nice post BB2W. I think they are good predictions. I do think we will beat the Chargers though :)

BB2W
07-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks girls, I had today off work because of all the rain, and I was bored. I was looking at the schedule and decided to mess around and mock out the season. What a dork, huh. :rolleyes:

It was fun...... 11 and 5 would work for me too. :)

bengalsfan21
07-13-2005, 11:07 PM
You won't beat us twice and you know it.....No way not at all you focused on Chad a lot but who will stop housh and henry on the 3rd or even 4 reciever sets when warrick is in there, you can't double team then. I say you guys beat us @ home and lose to us @home. :D

STEELERDYNASTY
07-14-2005, 12:18 PM
As long as we make the playoffs and Ben continues to get better,I will be happy.

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I can`t make predictions with losses by team. It may jinx us. I know we will not go undefeated, I know we will not go 15-1 back to back years. But I just don`t want to predict a loss!

BB2W
07-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah that does suck.....but you have to be realistic, and try to look at it like a fan of the NFL, or a gambler. You would not put all your money on the Steelers in week 11 at Indy....You realize there is a good chance we will lose that game.

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah that does suck.....but you have to be realistic, and try to look at it like a fan of the NFL, or a gambler. You would not put all your money on the Steelers in week 11 at Indy....You realize there is a good chance we will lose that game.

I wouldn`t count us out of that game either. Ball control , running attack against that makeshift defense. And we can easily win this game. Keep Manning off the field. I worry much more about the so-called easy wins. We get to overconfident or they have nothing to lose. And they want to knock off the big boys.

Livinginthe past
07-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Allow me to give me my opinion of your 'predictions for 2005' - Week 3 sees you give the Steelers a win in overtime - if i had a penny for everytime a similar prediction has been posted on Indy websites id be ....well not a rich man....but better off.
Fans who predict a win in overtime cant realistically see their team winning the game and are clutching at straws.
You have the Steeler losing to the Chargers, Ravens and Colts yet somehow beating the best team in the league.
May I suggest that this is a recipe for what you dearly hope the new season will contain - not a realistic evaluation of what is most likely to happen.

I think you are more than capable of shutting down a one trick team like the Colts but will struggle against a team similar to yourselves - but a team who does it better...The Pats.

Having said all this - I like the Steelers and rate them a serious threat for the AFC crown - Ben R can only get better - and despite the bashers I think he will be an excellent QB for you in the years ahead.

regards

NM

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 06:49 PM
I kinda feel bad for ripping NM , a little. He does seem to know football. Let me add to this and say" we have know idea health wise, what any of these teams will be like, at any given time of the season." Including ourselves. I still hate preseason predictions especially in July. Makle me nervous

BB2W
07-14-2005, 10:50 PM
I was bored, and havin a lil fun.....you guys need to relax. It was just a mock, you could do it a hundred different ways. I am not claiming to know what is gonna happen. It was for entertainment purposes. Thats why there is a lil summary....it was just for fun.

Wow, tough crowd. :rolleyes:

bengalsfan21
07-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I was bored, and havin a lil fun.....you guys need to relax. It was just a mock, you could do it a hundred different ways. I am not claiming to know what is gonna happen. It was for entertainment purposes. Thats why there is a lil summary....it was just for fun.

Thats right everyone it was a mock............ BB2W I believe you have told me in confidence you are a closet Bengals fan but since I promised not to tell anyone i'll keep it a secret.... :D

BB2W
07-14-2005, 11:11 PM
:o..... They are my home town team, and I watch a lot of their games, but I only root for them if the suck....kinda sick and twisted, huh. I pull for the Bengals if they are doing worse than us. The year they went 8-8 , and the Steelers went 6-10....I hated them as much as the Ravens. :boxing:

Where did that come from?....

bengalsfan21
07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
:o..... They are my home town team, and I watch a lot of their games, but I only root for them if the suck....kinda sick and twisted, huh. I pull for the Bengals if they are doing worse than us. The year they went 8-8 , and the Steelers went 6-10....I hated them as much as the Ravens. :boxing:

Where did that come from?....

I don't know I was just wanting to see if you got a beating from everyone here for rooting for the Bengals...Sorry man just trying to have some fun while it's dead... :)

clevestinks
07-15-2005, 06:40 AM

BB2W I didn`t have a problem with the post. I don`t mind reading yours or other predictions. I just get superstitous myself and I can`t make predictions. Didn`t want you to come away sour, Its more about me and my thoughts on it. you are one of the better poster on this site. Keep up the great work. Its all good.

ironcitychef
07-15-2005, 11:58 AM
I like the objective look at it all, just don't forget how much trouble Peyton has had with our 3-4 scheme in the past. Strange too, cause doesn't Dungy have some notes on it somewhere? Overall I could live pretty happy with 11-5 and wrapping things up a week early.

Blitzburgh55
07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
i think steel town will go 14-2 or 13-3

ericnie18
07-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Good Predictions Man,the Only Thing I Would Change Is That Adam Vinitari Will Kick The Game Winning Fg In Week 3.that Guy Is So Money.go Steelers

Go_Cats
07-15-2005, 10:05 PM
- Week 1, Sept. 11 vs. TITANS - W

- Week 2, Sept. 18 @ TEXANS - W

- Week 3, Sept. 25 vs. PATRIOTS - L

- Week 4, Oct. 10 @ CHARGERS W

- Week 5, Oct. 16 vs. JAGUARS L

- Week 6, Oct. 23 @ BENGALS L

- Week 7, Oct. 31 vs. RAVENS W

- Week 8, Nov. 6 @ PACKERS W

- Week 9, Nov. 13 vs. BROWNS W

- Week 10, Nov. 20 @ RAVENS L

- Week 11, Nov. 28 @ COLTS L

- Week 12, Dec. 4 vs. BENGALS L

- Week 13, Dec. 11 vs. BEARS W

- Week 14, Dec. 18 @ VIKINGS L

- Week 15, Dec.24 @ BROWNS L

- Week 16, Jan. 1 vs. LIONS W

Looks more like 8-8 to me

Blitzburgh55
07-15-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah there no way the steelers r going 8-8

bengalsfan21
07-15-2005, 10:29 PM
- Week 1, Sept. 11 vs. TITANS - W

- Week 2, Sept. 18 @ TEXANS - W

- Week 3, Sept. 25 vs. PATRIOTS - L

- Week 4, Oct. 10 @ CHARGERS W

- Week 5, Oct. 16 vs. JAGUARS L

- Week 6, Oct. 23 @ BENGALS L

- Week 7, Oct. 31 vs. RAVENS W

- Week 8, Nov. 6 @ PACKERS W

- Week 9, Nov. 13 vs. BROWNS W

- Week 10, Nov. 20 @ RAVENS L

- Week 11, Nov. 28 @ COLTS L

- Week 12, Dec. 4 vs. BENGALS L

- Week 13, Dec. 11 vs. BEARS W

- Week 14, Dec. 18 @ VIKINGS L

- Week 15, Dec.24 @ BROWNS L

- Week 16, Jan. 1 vs. LIONS W

Looks more like 8-8 to me

:funny: nice predictions....it looks like someone gave you bad rep was it for this? I think you had 6 yesterday...lol

Stlrs4Life
07-15-2005, 10:52 PM
:funny: nice predictions....it looks like someone gave you bad rep was it for this? I think you had 6 yesterday...lol

That'll be the frickin day that the Steelers get swept by the Bungholes. You will share the basement with that other horrible team from Ohio. Serves it well, horrible teams, horrible State.

BengalBrian
07-16-2005, 11:18 AM
That'll be the frickin day that the Steelers get swept by the Bungholes. You will share the basement with that other horrible team from Ohio. Serves it well, horrible teams, horrible State.
Ohio has more football come out of it than PA...

And open your eyes b/c if you think that isnt possible, you dont know shit

Mean Machine
07-16-2005, 11:20 AM
What is interesting about that week 15 game, and the few leading up to that, it could be like a Home Field Playoff situation and we don't want to ruin that chance. We usually sweep all of the divisional teams but this year we might split with Bengals and Ravens.

pitt
07-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm to superstitious to make predictions.

SteelerSal
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Week 1, Sept. 11 vs. TITANS - WIN EASY 31-13

- Week 2, Sept. 18 @ TEXANS - Win 24-20

- Week 3, Sept. 25 vs. PATRIOTS - Win 13-12 (Venetari misses extra point to tie it.)

- Week 4, Oct. 10 @ CHARGERS -Loss 10-23 Turnovers kill us!

- Week 5, Oct. 16 vs. JAGUARS-Win 20-17

- Week 6, Oct. 23 @ BENGALS-Win 38-3 (Troy runs over Palmer 3x's for 21 def. points) :D

- Week 7, Oct. 31 vs. RAVENS -Win 27-6 (Boller gets benched)

- Week 8, Nov. 6 @ PACKERS -Win 20-14

- Week 9, Nov. 13 vs. BROWNS- Win 17-16

- Week 10, Nov. 20 @ RAVENS-Loss 20-13

- Week 11, Nov. 28 @ COLTS -Loss 31 -27 (Peyton beats our defense on last drive of the game.)

- Week 12, Dec. 4 vs. BENGALS-Win 31-3 (Chad Johnson misses game and starts his first game suspension of a 4 game suspension for violating the leagues Pepto abuse)

- Week 13, Dec. 11 vs. BEARS -Win Easy 36 -10 (play most of our young guys in the 2nd half,Willie Parker rushes for 150 in on half)

- Week 14, Dec. 18 @ VIKINGS -Loss 24-6

- Week 15, Dec.24 @ BROWNS-Win 23-17

- Week 16, Jan. 1 vs. LIONS -Win 35-16 (play our young guys again,this time for the whole game,and they dominate)

That makes my guess a 12-4 season.. :cool:

bigbensgirl7
07-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Ohio has more football come out of it than PA...

And open your eyes b/c if you think that isnt possible, you dont know shit
I agree...it's not impossible but it's unlikely IMO. But even you Brian, can't completely agree with Cats predictions!

clevestinks
07-18-2005, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=BengalBrian]Ohio has more football come out of it than PA...

What does this mean????

BengalBrian
07-19-2005, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=BengalBrian]Ohio has more football come out of it than PA...

What does this mean????
He called Ohio a terrible state.. :shrug: You know.. That place Ben came from.. I guess that makes him terrible as well

Livinginthe past
07-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Let me try and settle this -

Ohio is NOT a terrible state...beauty is in the eye of the beholder

The Bengals are an improving side with a good O but very little D (think a poor mans kansas city)

The Steelers are NOT going 8-8 - 10-6 is a minimum for this side....11-5 would be my prediction.

Regards

NM

CantStop85
07-19-2005, 02:07 PM
The Bengals are an improving side with a good O but very little D (think a poor mans kansas city)

No no no...it's a poor man's Indianapolis Colts. :D

The Steelers are NOT going 8-8
You're right...they'll go 9-7 this season. :yep:

BengalBrian
07-19-2005, 02:21 PM
You're right...they'll go 9-7 this season. :yep:

Thats what I am thinking.. 10-6 if they're lucky

Avoid LLoyd1975
07-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Lose to the chargers, never. I am here in San Diego and I will refuse to tolerate that type of prediction. I will be on the sidelines if I have to calling the shots. The chargers have a tough road ahead of them this year. They will only be familiar with defeat when we get our hands on them.

Kyle82
07-22-2005, 09:46 PM
The August issue of Playboy Magazine has the Steelers and Eagles going to the Super Bowl this year.
I think it will be the Steelers and Panthers :D

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 11:42 PM
yeah there no way the steelers r going 8-8
You guys went 6-10 with a nearly identical team and a younger bus 2 years ago, 8-8 could be a reality,,, I bet the chiefs didn't think they'd go from 13-3 to 7-9

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 11:43 PM
No, all of my negative reps have been from figg, hit him up with some negative rep when you get a chance bengal fans

Go_Cats
07-22-2005, 11:57 PM

- Week 3, Sept. 25 vs. PATRIOTS - Win 13-12 (Venetari misses extra point to tie it.)

- Week 6, Oct. 23 @ BENGALS-Win 38-3 (Troy runs over Palmer 3x's for 21 def. points) :D

- Week 11, Nov. 28 @ COLTS -Loss 31 -27 (Peyton beats our defense on last drive of the game.)

- Week 12, Dec. 4 vs. BENGALS-Win 31-3 (Chad Johnson misses game and starts his first game suspension of a 4 game suspension for violating the leagues Pepto abuse)

- Week 13, Dec. 11 vs. BEARS -Win Easy 36 -10 (play most of our young guys in the 2nd half,Willie Parker rushes for 150 in on half)

- Week 16, Jan. 1 vs. LIONS -Win 35-16 (play our young guys again,this time for the whole game,and they dominate)

Are you kidding lose that bad to the steelers? Are you on crack?

Livinginthe past
07-23-2005, 01:45 AM
The August issue of Playboy Magazine has the Steelers and Eagles going to the Super Bowl this year.

Hey Kyle, Interested to hear your predictions regarding the Pats for this year. Do you see us in the playoffs?
I think a panthers v steelers SB would be just about as old skool as it gets - dominating D, and big running games (esp if Carolina can keep their dual running threat healthy!)

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM

bigbensgirl7
07-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Got to love Playboy!!!! I'll take the Steelers and the Panthers, that would be a fun SB!

SteelerSal
07-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Are you kidding lose that bad to the steelers? Are you on crack?

Just wanted to see if any of the Bengal fans here would catch those scores. :chuckle:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-23-2005, 01:16 PM
We may think they have a few screws loose for cheering for the bengals, but u know they dont miss out on stuff like that! :rofl:

bengalsfan21
07-23-2005, 02:13 PM

I haven't paid much attention to this thread but even though they shut the drug tunnel from canada into the US down you still seem to be getting your stuff somewhere...

SteelProven
07-23-2005, 06:06 PM
You guys went 6-10 with a nearly identical team and a younger bus 2 years ago, 8-8 could be a reality,,, I bet the chiefs didn't think they'd go from 13-3 to 7-9

First off when have you ever seen the steelers last in the league in rushing? Our offensive line was completely depleted. I mean when your best guard has to play tackle that's a problem. 8-8 or 9-7 would mean to me that the bengals are going 2-14, aye there only 2 years removed.

Kyle82
07-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey Kyle, Interested to hear your predictions regarding the Pats for this year. Do you see us in the playoffs?
I think a panthers v steelers SB would be just about as old skool as it gets - dominating D, and big running games (esp if Carolina can keep their dual running threat healthy!)

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM

Yes I watched you guys in the playoffs! Amazing! I'm looking forward to watching Big Ben in person when we play you guys on September 1st :)

My prediction for the Pat's: They will lose the AFC Championship game against the Steelers :bouncy:

bengalsfan21
07-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Yes I watched you guys in the playoffs! Amazing! I'm looking forward to watching Big Ben in person when we play you guys on September 1st :)

My prediction for the Pat's: They will lose the AFC Championship game against the Steelers :bouncy:

No they will lose it to the bengals

figg
07-25-2005, 11:19 PM
No, all of my negative reps have been from figg, hit him up with some negative rep when you get a chance bengal fans

lol not one! only from you which really doesnt matter because it has no effect :D

Livinginthe past
07-26-2005, 02:02 AM

Thats a pretty fair prediction Kyle82! I would be very happy to see us make it to the playoffs this year - then anything can happen. Apart from a Bengals victory over us that is.
That is stretching fantasy a little too far :rolleyes:

COME ON PRE-SEASON....HERE PRE-SEASON!

NM