PDA

View Full Version : Who is the strongest team in the AFC?

Indy_Steelers
10-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I would have to say the Pats right now.
I think we will be there in the end.:tt02: :thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
10-06-2006, 03:48 PM
At the moment, I'd say Patriots, Chargers or Colts.

NM

Indy_Steelers
10-06-2006, 11:24 PM
At the moment, I'd say Patriots, Chargers or Colts.

NM

You would put the colts an chargers in the same league as the patriots?
Not me. NE 1st and whoever would be 2bd would be a distant 2nd.
I do not think the colts have been tested.
The only solid win they have has was agsinst the texans.
The chargers lost to the ravens so their two wins came aginst team that still yet to win a game.
So unless someome from the AFC East knocks off NE or maybe Denver or perhaps the Steelers if they can play to their potential I do not see them going home early.

tony hipchest
10-07-2006, 12:02 PM
i dont know if anyone saw denvers last game 2 weeks ago but they are clearly stronger than the pats. as is the ravens. monday nights game should show who is the strongest right now. of course if the steelers can have a monster preformance offensively against the chargers i put them right there.

Indy_Steelers
10-07-2006, 02:07 PM
i dont know if anyone saw denvers last game 2 weeks ago but they are clearly stronger than the pats. as is the ravens. monday nights game should show who is the strongest right now. of course if the steelers can have a monster preformance offensively against the chargers i put them right there.

I would put denver at #2 even though they beat NE in part because i am still not sold on plummer.
by the way they did not even get a TD against KC.

Livinginthe past
10-07-2006, 03:41 PM
You would put the colts an chargers in the same league as the patriots?
Not me. NE 1st and whoever would be 2bd would be a distant 2nd.
I do not think the colts have been tested.
The only solid win they have has was agsinst the texans.
The chargers lost to the ravens so their two wins came aginst team that still yet to win a game.
So unless someome from the AFC East knocks off NE or maybe Denver or perhaps the Steelers if they can play to their potential I do not see them going home early.

I think its a balance of potential and achievement at this stage of the season - the Colts and the Chargers have the ability to be very good but both fall short on the biggest stage.

At least the Colts are genuine regular season powerhouses, regardless of their dismal showings in the postseason.

Of course the Colts have become even weaker against the run this year, as tyey have quite a few injuries on both sides of the ball - things wont improve for a while either with Corey Simon written off for the season.

The Chargers have all the pieces in place to be dominating team - there really isnt a weak spot to their D, the run game is one of the best - of course they have a 'rookie' QB - but no team is perfect (and yeah they have Marty as a coach).

Denver played us early, which suited them - we have on offense that is finding a new identity that it isn't 100% comfortable with yet.

We need to find a way to combat what Denver always brings to the table - solid D and mistake free offense.

New England has its own worries that shouldn't be taken lightly despite a routing of Cincy - their DB's are still a cause for concern and the LB corps doesnt have a great deal of depth.

Like I say, even the best teams have their problems.

NN