PDA

View Full Version : NFL suspends Chris Henry for two games

Atlanta Dan
10-06-2006, 03:24 PM
This from ESPN.com

Cincinnati Bengals second-year wide receiver Chris Henry, who was arrested four times in a six-month stretch of the offseason, was suspended on Friday for two games for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

Henry, who sat out last Sunday's loss to New England as a disciplinary action imposed by Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis, could face further league action because of other charges pending against him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2615537

Wonder if last week's sit down will count as one if the 2 games. If so, the next game of the 2 game suspension will be against Tampa Bay.

Sounds like the league offfice finally got tired of the failure by Bengals management to clean their team's act up.

SteelCityMan786
10-06-2006, 03:25 PM
2 Games. I thought he would get worse than that.

Atlanta Dan
10-06-2006, 03:32 PM
2 Games. I thought he would get worse than that.

Commissioner Goodell is the equivalent of Dean Wormer in Animal House - Chris Henry is on double secret probation - any more screw-ups and he is going to join Odell Thurman as a Bengals alum

Steelers
10-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, he still has a few more court dates this season, and if found guilty, could be further penalized by the NFL.

SteelCityMan786
10-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, he still has a few more court dates this season, and if found guilty, could be further penalized by the NFL.

Minus well call him indefinantly suspended.

jaysta
10-06-2006, 07:42 PM
This from ESPN.com

[I]Cincinnati Bengals second-year wide receiver Chris Henry, who was arrested four times in a six-month stretch of the offseason, was suspended on Friday for two games for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

I don't know what his arrests were, but I worked in the league for five years and I can honestly tell you that one arrest would have cost me my job. Goodell seems to be too easy on these guys so far. Heck, 4 arrests in 6 months the average American would still be sitting in jail. Unreal!

Derek
10-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow...that just goes to show how pampered some Americans are. Oh well, nothing much we can do...

but stillerz for the win anyway. =D

Hines86Ward
10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
The guy hasn't learned from his 4 arrests, it showed when Odell got arrested. He won't learn from this either....He's an idiot, plain & simple. I've met the guy, he doesn't seem too bright. He had problems at WVU, he still has problems now

Atlanta Dan
10-06-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't know what his arrests were, but I worked in the league for five years and I can honestly tell you that one arrest would have cost me my job. Goodell seems to be too easy on these guys so far. Heck, 4 arrests in 6 months the average American would still be sitting in jail. Unreal!

The NFL is dealing with discipline within the parameters of a collective bargaining agreement between the ownersand the NFLPA (see, e.g., the progressive discipline administered as Odell Thurman continued to rack up points for serial violations of the league's substance abuse policies). There is only so much Goodell can do - he could grandstand and go beyond the range of penalties authorized under the CBA, but an arbitrator wouild immediately smack that down.

SteelCityMan786
10-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Wow...that just goes to show how pampered some Americans are. Oh well, nothing much we can do...

but stillerz for the win anyway. =D

The Bungals get classless players.

CantStop85
10-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Well, we knew this was coming sooner or later. Although, I thought it would be more like a 4 game suspension. Most of the other charges against Henry have either been dropped or resolved, so I suppose this was as much as Goodell could do.

SteelCityMan786
10-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Well, we knew this was coming sooner or later. Although, I thought it would be more like a 4 game suspension. Most of the other charges against Henry have either been dropped or resolved, so I suppose this was as much as Goodell could do.

Next Crime, Goodell adds on 4 games in my opinion. After that, the season.

MattsMe
10-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Forget the suspensions. Just put him in an open field with Ryan Clark every time he gets arrested.

SteelCityMan786
10-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Forget the suspensions. Just put him in an open field with Ryan Clark every time he gets arrested.

Yep Clark can jack him up:toofunny: