PDA

View Full Version : Colclough out for season

Mikee
10-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet

Steelers' Colclough out for season with neck injury

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ricardo Colclough will miss the rest of the season because of a neck injury.

Colclough, a third-year player, was placed on the team's injured reserve list, the Steelers said Saturday. Rookie cornerback Anthony Madison was promoted to the active roster.

Colclough was not scheduled to play Sunday in San Diego because of a nerve problem in his neck. Colclough's muffed punt led to Cincinnati's decisive touchdown in a 28-20 victory in Pittsburgh on Sept. 24.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-colclough&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-colclough&prov=ap&type=lgnsDamn. Thats a shame.

Livinginthe past
10-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Well you have to think thats a genuine injury.

As bad as his muffed punt was, im sure he ranks higher in the CB pecking order than the guy they brought in.

Sure Ricardo made a mistake, but the general ineptness of the Pittsburgh passing offesne was what dug them into the hole - scapegoating RC wont resolve anything.

Btrice
10-07-2006, 03:52 PM
As much as I dont want to see RC playing, you cant help but feel bad for a guy who might have a career ending injury. Neck-business isn't anything to shake a stick at unless it is a simple pinched nerve.

Mikee
10-07-2006, 03:57 PM
I am looking forward to see the Rookie Willie Reid return punts though.

Prosdo
10-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Get well soon Ricardo!

Elvis
10-07-2006, 04:45 PM
yeah... I hate to see anyone get hurt no matter who he plays for but I am looking forward to seeing Willie Reid return kicks...

Atlanta Dan
10-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Anyone who wonders why the NFLPA catches heat for not pushing for guaranteed contracts for its players/union members can be referred to Coclough possibly having played his last NFL game as an example; a career can end in an instant.

Tough luck for Coclough; neck injuries are about as bad as it gets for football players(e.g. - reports that David Pollack's C-6 fracture was not career threatening now appear to have been at least premature)

Still surprised Coclough's injury was not announced until this past week unless Coclough figured with everything else that happened he would not tell anyone he was hurting until it became unbearable.

Good luck to Coclough in what Chuck Noll used to call a player's "life's work" (aka life after football).

19ward86
10-07-2006, 08:17 PM
luckily his injury doesnt hurt us too much, i hope he gets well soon.

CrimsonSteeler3443
10-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Uh oh. Anthony Madison isn't very good. At last we still have McFadden.

Dynasty
10-07-2006, 09:16 PM
umm... who is anthony madison? i haven't heard anything about him.

Petesburgh66
10-07-2006, 09:32 PM
This makes cutting Chidi even worse. Another inury to the secondary will be a huge blow to the depth.