PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Color Question

JP101
10-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey guys...

Im 20, Steelers fan my entire life. I have the pleasure of being born and raised in Pittsburgh. Well, my whole life i was lead to believe that the colors of the diamonds were Yellow, Red, and Blue. I even have a tattoo of the logo. Well, I recently heard that it was in fact orange, and not red. Luckly the red in the tattoo is in between the two colors because I am so dark (100% Italian), but I was wondering who else here thought that it was Red?:dang:

~JP101

P.S. I did check this on the official site, and it says that it is indeed orange to represent ore.

P.P.S. GO STEELERS--BEAT DEM CHARGERS! :helmet:

s t e e l e r f a n 8 5
10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
looks red to me.

JP101
10-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Me too...but if you read this, it says right in there that its orange...

http://www.steelers.com/tradition/logohistory/

19ward86
10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
it looks red to me also

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-08-2006, 11:38 PM
i always thought it was red....
but then again........they say black and gold and its clearly yellow...
you tell me?

clarient
10-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Looks like a nice red-orange to me... ;) It's kind of like those crayons you get in kindergarten. There were always the middle colors that you could never categorize... yellow-green, red-orange, indigo (purple-blue?)...

And hell no, it ain't yellow... it's GOLD! Do we look like bumblebees to you? I don't think so!

24seven
10-09-2006, 02:10 AM
Don't get me wrong.. but .. Notre Dame is Gold.. that's all i gotta say about that.. And i think i read somewhere that it was Orange to represent ore as well but they changed it to red cause it looked better.. somethin i found on google one time..

Elvis
10-09-2006, 07:43 AM
Our jersey colors are closer to Yellow and Black than it is Black N Gold clarient
Gold is the color of the Saints...

stlrtruck
10-09-2006, 09:20 AM
The original STEEL logo was orange but it was changed to Red by the Steelers. If you look at the history of the logo on their website, I believe it says something about the color change.

ch33ky_chikk
10-09-2006, 09:47 AM
I hate to admit it but I never noticed that the logo was only on one side of the helmet.

JP101
10-10-2006, 02:01 PM
i read the site again, it didnt say anything about a color change

and we are black and gold :)

Stlrs4Life
10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey guys...

Im 20, Steelers fan my entire life. I have the pleasure of being born and raised in Pittsburgh. Well, my whole life i was lead to believe that the colors of the diamonds were Yellow, Red, and Blue. I even have a tattoo of the logo. Well, I recently heard that it was in fact orange, and not red. Luckly the red in the tattoo is in between the two colors because I am so dark (100% Italian), but I was wondering who else here thought that it was Red?:dang:

~JP101

P.S. I did check this on the official site, and it says that it is indeed orange to represent ore.

P.P.S. GO STEELERS--BEAT DEM CHARGERS! :helmet:

Never knew that. Always thought it was red myself. Also, congrats on being blessed, as an Italian!:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
10-11-2006, 07:29 AM
i read the site again, it didnt say anything about a color change

I've read it somewhere and will try to find the website and post it for you

Elvis
10-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Our jersey colors are closer to Yellow and Black than it is Black N Gold clarient
Gold is the color of the Saints...or the Notre Dame Fighting Irish..:wave: :thumbsup: steelers rock either way...whatever colors we have..

cjkj

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-11-2006, 10:29 PM

If you were coloring in a picture of a steelers uniform....would you reach for a gold crayon or a yellow crayon???

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
This thread is soooo bandwagon... "I have been a steelers fan forever... but what are there colors again?"

stunta86
10-12-2006, 12:04 AM
i've known it was orange for about 4 years now cause i was bored and read up on it, but when i got my tattoo i used red for the astroid cause it wouldn't have looked right if i used orange

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Call it orange but it looks red, also the color of my tattoo !!

stlrtruck
10-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Here's a link to give you a little history of it. However, it doesn't talk about the change from Orange to Red but does mention the originally color in was Orange.

http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/steelers/a/logo.htm

BirdKC
10-13-2006, 12:04 PM
call me crazy but i actually think it looks like (from bottom to top) blue, red, and instead of yellow..ORANGE. so blue, red, orange.