PDA

View Full Version : 1-3

19ward86
10-08-2006, 11:21 PM
how and the hell did we end up being 1-3, the game isnt over yet but i can be a better QB than ben right now so that hurts our chances a lot. 2 min left.

Atlanta Dan
10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Some teams come back and play well after a SB - some do not - this team has not- at this point, if this team tanks is Whiz still the logical heir to Cowher?

HEREWEGO
10-08-2006, 11:33 PM
idk we can still get our act together....davenport finally proved he can play tonight and once we get ben back.....

Btrice
10-08-2006, 11:54 PM
is Whiz still the logical heir to Cowher?

I hope not. Play calling has been horrendous this season.

Preacher
10-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Davenport was a bright spot tonight... I can't think of any others.

The JoKeR
10-09-2006, 12:01 AM
I might be imagining this, but all the games so far this year (with the exception of the JAX game), the Steelers have come out on fire and driving pretty well ... then when they get up by a few points it seems like they just give up ... In Miami we won, Cincy we outplayed them, and we outplayed the chargers in the first half.

Preacher
10-09-2006, 12:04 AM
The difference is... We used to be able to put the game away by running after we were up. Now we can't do that. We need a BIG back... maybe Davenport will be it, maybe not.

We also need the Cornerbacks. We can stop the run.. but when the teams go to the pass.. we get burned. Then we drop 8.. and they run to town on us because we are in the zone or cover two.

steelfan 92
10-09-2006, 11:46 AM
we need to learn how to finish. when you have em down, they need to step on their neck and twist. they need to take a lesson from the bears, when you get lead, don't go into a shell, keep playing. everyone klnew we want to run. play action on first down, not on 3rd when everyone knows we have to pass. they need to get that killer instinct back.

RunWillieRun
10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
The O-line was certainly dominated by the Chargers' D. Also, what is with all of the missed tackles both this week and last week? The yards after the catch the Chargers had was a problem Sunday night...especially on the screen plays.

BTW...I just joined the forum today and this is my first post...I think the forum is great! I just want to say hello to everyone. Time to concentrate on getting a big win at home vs KC. I think Big Ben could get his confidence back with 1 solid home win.

Man_Of_Steel
10-09-2006, 12:49 PM
The O-line was certainly dominated by the Chargers' D. Also, what is with all of the missed tackles both this week and last week? The yards after the catch the Chargers had was a problem Sunday night...especially on the screen plays.

BTW...I just joined the forum today and this is my first post...I think the forum is great! I just want to say hello to everyone. Time to concentrate on getting a big win at home vs KC. I think Big Ben could get his confidence back with 1 solid home win.

Welcome aboard!

I agree our secondary is giving up a ton of passing TD's. Palmer had 4 pass TD's and Rivers had 2 yesterday, not good. Looks like the loss of Chris Hope may be bigger than most thought. Also Ben still isn't the same and who knows how long it will take for him to get back to his old self.