PDA

View Full Version : We got exactly what we Deserved,.....

SteelCzar76
10-09-2006, 12:22 AM
1: As i have stated since he was at N.C. State and before the 2004 draft,....Philip Rivers is the TRUTH and was the BEST OF HIS CLASS.
2:We gave our,.... average passer with some "Backyard moves" "Quarterback" a roster filled with guest/Bum Wr's that can't get of jams, or get open. And even when they do, their hands and ability to run after the catch are less than average.
3:We no longer can run the ball effectively from a physical, wear down a defense standpoint. Bussy's productivity in this aspect used to protect us and Ben himself,....from himself. (Ben)
4: Our secondary WILL and does fold against any of the better passing teams in the League. How can anyone honestly dispute this ? (Little Kid voices) "Ike is GREAT,.... and Dshea isn't an undersized overachiever" Would you finally,....KNOCK IT OFF.

Bottom line,.....it's a matter of marginal personel. But this fall's upon the front office for lacking the forsight and resolve to correct these problems before they became such. (problems) However,....i REFUSE and simply cannot throw in the Towel,... and long for the day when this team is FINALLY upgraded in the Secondary, backfield and Receiving Corps. This is dishonorable and disgusting.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

19ward86
10-09-2006, 09:08 AM
little harsh dont cha think?

cbalke
10-09-2006, 09:12 AM
i thought dashea's coverage on that touchdown was perfect. he could not have done anything more to prevent that pass.

there's a big difference between blaming someone for their mistakes and acknowledging when another team executes a play perfectly.

that was a perfect play, no doubt about it. there's absolutely nothing more the steelers could have done to stop it. the steelers played that ball perfectly and they still scored because the CHARGERS did everything perfectly on that play. gotta give the chargers props for that.

shevdog
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
I've seen a progressive weakening of the DB's. Without a doubt, the line is solid, since everyone is still having the hardest time rushing against us.

The offense is definately in a slump. It was weak in the pre-season and minus the adrenaline rush of the opening game, the Steeler's offense is big time lacking its usual character. Even if Wiz is twaeking things, the passing game needs some major development. There is a lot of potental with the wide-out we have, ie Nate, etc. (Ward definately has proved himself.)

I keep forgetting who #44 is. He definately needs more play time. If this was the NHL, I'd send him to Wilkes-Barre to get some meaningless practice in, then send him back late this season or next season. In the mean time, Duce is taking up space in both the sidelines and on the payroll. If Duce was 95+% healthy, he'd be a good solution, yet he's been a waste since traded from the Eagles. As for Parker, we need to stick to using him in his role of "Fast Willie". He definatlely is not a back that can pound the ball.

As for Ben, you can only place so much blame on him. Ben is the man. I rather there be a slump now that last year or his rookie year. When Ben is in full swing and these other holes are patched, watch out. Its true that one man can lose the game, [*cough O'Donell cough*], yet in this case it is multiple people in multiple areas.

With a Ratbird win tonight, the Steelers are in some serious trouble. Yet we've seen worse. Hold on, since there is plenty of football left. Once we get handed 4 or 5 more losses, then we can pack up our bags and call it a season. What a heart breaker start of a season.

Mosca
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
No sense bein' all self-flagellating about it. I think the team is a lot better than they are playing. 13-3 still gets it done, I'd think. Talk to me after we've dropped 6 (which definitely could happen), I'll be agreeing with you, to a point anyhow.

Tom

Steelers
10-09-2006, 09:43 AM
*Sigh* I'm wearing my Super Bowl shirt today just to remind any trash-talkers that until February, we're still the Champs.

X-Terminator
10-09-2006, 10:05 AM
It's kind of tough for the secondary to do their jobs when they are consistently asked to give receivers an 8-9 yard cushion...then back up when the ball is snapped. I don't care if you're Philip Rivers or Philip the Beer Man at QB, when I see my guys getting that much room, I'm going to them every time. I think the world of Dick LeBeau and think he is a genius, but when is someone going to finally tell him that playing tighter coverage actually HELPS your pass rush?

HometownGal
10-09-2006, 10:12 AM
No sense bein' all self-flagellating about it. I think the team is a lot better than they are playing. 13-3 still gets it done, I'd think. Talk to me after we've dropped 6 (which definitely could happen), I'll be agreeing with you, to a point anyhow.

Tom

Saints be praised - another optimistic Steelers fan :tt02: - I was starting to feel a little lonely around here.

It sickens me to death to hear some of these so-called fans ready to give up on a team 4 games into the season - there's a whole helluva lot of football yet to be played and anything can happen. I'm going to continue to proudly wave my Terrible Towel and have faith in my Steelers that they will turn it around and return to the level of play we all know they are very capable of.

Steelers fans have, for the most part, been spoiled for decades (not too many other teams out there who can boast that they've given to their fans what the Steelers have for such a long period of time) and I believe winning games, playoff games and championships has become more of an expectation to some of these fans. All teams have ebbs and tides and the Steelers are in an ebb right now. The issues presently surrounding this team are very fixable, but the team has to come together as one and turn itself around - no one can do it for them. We as fans have to be patient and support them as we would a member of our own family - after all, isn't the Steelers Nation an extended family?

mopartodd
10-09-2006, 10:31 AM
I personally think the motorcycle accident changed Ben forever. He seems unwilling to move like he did last year. The defense is just WAY too forgiving. I'll be happy is the Steelers can muster enough wins aganst certain teams just to be a spoiler at this point. They really haven't shown me anything that makes me feel like we're going to the playoffs.

:yawn:

Justin Otstott
10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
sure Ben is playing like crap but we still got time 2 do better, last year has shown that so im cool....besides we got 5 Championships under our belt so who cares what other football fans or people on TV think! We are cool guys relax!

Hines86Ward
10-09-2006, 11:05 AM
I think Cowher needs to start getting in people's faces like he used to. He just stands there on the sidelines with an angry look on his face. The playcalling is weak. Roethlisberger needs to move around like he used to instead of just standing there waiting for the hit. Marvel Smith is terrible, he got blown up all game last night. Ryan Clark just kinda runs around with no discipline, it's like a 4 year old in a soccer game. Najeh Davenport should get more PT, he looked alright last night. I like Parker's patience, he's been doing alright this year waiting for the hole to open. The WR's need to hold onto the ball. All in all, this might be a rough year for the Steelers. It all depends on the leadership of Roethlisberger. He's forcing the ball all over the place & isn't really looking downfield. There's still time left to get it together, but not much if the Ravens win tonight. But I'll still be here in my Hines Ward jersey, my terrible towel, & the rest of my gear.....

To all the bandwagon fans, quit hating. Go find another team......

tony hipchest
10-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Steel Czar,
I disagree 100%.
Rothlisberger is more than adequate. Our WRs are more than adequate. #3....okay, I agree with you on 3, but there are more options than just calling for a bigger back. If Fast Willie needs more help getting out of the backfield, get him more help. Build in some lead blocking, 'cuz I'm not seeing any.
Our secondary is more than adequate. You run a soft zone blitz that often you have to expect to get burned. This isn't a player problem, it's a play-calling problem. These guys you're denigrating as incompetent in the second half are the same exact ones forcing turnovers and sacks in the first half. They're still the same guys, they're just playing too soft.

IMO There is nothing wrong with this team that some offensive line adjustments can't fix.gotta agree. offensive and defensive playcalling was piss poor in the second half. the flea flicker sucked as did the fake punt. it seems as if lebeau felt he got enough pressure on rivers in the first half to rattle him and render him ineffective for the rest of the game. he called off the dogs.

oh, and deshea did play perfect defense on the td he gave up.

wadester47
10-09-2006, 12:48 PM

I agree with hines86ward, great point- don't let the door hit you on the clevland onthe way out!

SteelCzar76
10-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Saints be praised - another optimistic Steelers fan :tt02: - I was starting to feel a little lonely around here.

It sickens me to death to hear some of these so-called fans ready to give up on a team 4 games into the season - there's a whole helluva lot of football yet to be played and anything can happen. I'm going to continue to proudly wave my Terrible Towel and have faith in my Steelers that they will turn it around and return to the level of play we all know they are very capable of.

Steelers fans have, for the most part, been spoiled for decades (not too many other teams out there who can boast that they've given to their fans what the Steelers have for such a long period of time) and I believe winning games, playoff games and championships has become more of an expectation to some of these fans. All teams have ebbs and tides and the Steelers are in an ebb right now. The issues presently surrounding this team are very fixable, but the team has to come together as one and turn itself around - no one can do it for them. We as fans have to be patient and support them as we would a member of our own family - after all, isn't the Steelers Nation an extended family?

C'mon Ma,.....i've repped this team since childhood and always will. But in my position i can't act like everything is all good when it's not. When we had our down times throughout the 80's,....i was there. When we lost to the Cowgirls in the big game,...i was there. (Hung my head in my terrible Towel).
When we wasted Bussy's prime and the hopes of an entire roster on Kordell for years,...i was there. I will ALWAYS be here and Bleed BLACK AND GOLD. The GREATNESS of this ORGANIZATION is what matters to me.
Ultimatley,....players, and coaches come and go,.... and will continue to do so long after all of us are gone. I stand for the STEELERS,....not particular players like MOST of the TRUE "bandwagon" fans we now have because of Ben,... and us winning another World Title.
Your right,.... our problems can and will be corrected. But it's likely too late now to make the neccessary changes we have to in regards to personel. I die harder than any i've ever known,....but i cannot disregard failure. I don't lose well.
I respect and enjoy your sheer optimism,...i consider you special. But as far as anyone else with any "read in between the lines" slick talk in this thread, they can.....well....let them use their imaginations. LOL

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

stillers4me
10-09-2006, 07:31 PM

I agree with hines86ward, great point- don't let the door hit you on the clevland onthe way out!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/steelersbang.gif

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Dude I'm with you SteelCzar. Just because a fan is critical of the Steelers doesn't make that fan any less of a fan or a bandwagon fan. My family is from Pittsburgh plus my grandfather played for the Steelers in the early 1950's. Yea I would like one of you blind homers tell me I'm not a true fan. I think SteelCzar makes a great point. Players and coaches come and go. But the Pittsburgh Steelers remain. So thats why I don't try to have to much an emotional attachment to one player or coach. I love Bill Cowher but its time for him to go. I don't want him fired. I think Cowher has earned the right to walk away on his own terms. I wish now that he would have announced his retirement when Jerome did. Its clear Bill doesn't have the same passion for the game and the team can pick up on that.

About Big Ben. I have been a fan of Ben since his days at Miami of Ohio. I wanted the Steelers to draft him bigtime. Still glad the Steelers did. But I thought Ben got way to much credit the last two years. So its only fair he recieves much of the blame when the team loses. Its the nature of the position. But for all of Ben's talk about how he wants to be one of the greats and a team leader. Well talk is cheap and actions speak louder then words.

Dook
10-09-2006, 07:39 PM
But didn't we win the super bowl with these personnel last year?

hardwork
10-09-2006, 07:53 PM
tell me I'm not a true fan.

You ain't a true fan.

Atlanta Dan
10-09-2006, 07:59 PM
But didn't we win the super bowl with these personnel last year?

No - some personnel have left and others are wearing the same uniform numbers but are not playing at the same talent level as last year.

Leaving aside those who have left (Bettis/ARE/Hope), among those who currently are not playing at close to their playoff levels are Ward, Ben, Troy, Hartings, Porter, Whiz, and Cowher.

Larry Foote remains along with Casey Hampton & Clark Haggans a solid presence, but it otherwise is hard to point out anyone who currently appears to be playing at a high level or higher than they did last January.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2006, 08:05 PM
You ain't a true fan.

And you are a punk ass bitch so piss off.

SteelCzar76
10-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Dude I'm with you SteelCzar. Just because a fan is critical of the Steelers doesn't make that fan any less of a fan or a bandwagon fan. My family is from Pittsburgh plus my grandfather played for the Steelers in the early 1950's. Yea I would like one of you blind homers tell me I'm not a true fan. I think SteelCzar makes a great point. Players and coaches come and go. But the Pittsburgh Steelers remain. So thats why I don't try to have to much an emotional attachment to one player or coach. I love Bill Cowher but its time for him to go. I don't want him fired. I think Cowher has earned the right to walk away on his own terms. I wish now that he would have announced his retirement when Jerome did. Its clear Bill doesn't have the same passion for the game and the team can pick up on that.

About Big Ben. I have been a fan of Ben since his days at Miami of Ohio. I wanted the Steelers to draft him bigtime. Still glad the Steelers did. But I thought Ben got way to much credit the last two years. So its only fair he recieves much of the blame when the team loses. Its the nature of the position. But for all of Ben's talk about how he wants to be one of the greats and a team leader. Well talk is cheap and actions speak louder then words.

Don't trip BlackandGold,.......do you and disregard anyone whom would question your resolve and or allegiance. You (and hopefully anyone with any first hand knowledge of you) know's the deal. Most of the "Syrup on Sh#t,...makes pancakes" people (Wade, Stiller's 4me, 86 .....yeah i call names) are more than likely just Big Ben FANS that are sick because of the way he's playing.
And as far as Hardjerk,........he's always playing himself. :sofunny: With that said,....brush your shoulders off homey and let them address ME personaly and i'll finish it,......"Quicker than anything in your local Pharmacy"

"HAIL CAESAR,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Hines86Ward
10-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Most of the "Syrup on Sh#t,...makes pancakes" people (Wade, Stiller's 4me, 86 .....yeah i call names) are more than likely just Big Ben FANS that are sick because of the way he's playing.

I've been a fan since 91, when I started watching football.....You know, and all of the other true fans know that there has been a LARGE group of bandwagon fans since the 2004 season, and it got bigger when we won Super Bowl XL. Don't get me mixed in with them because I lived through O'Donnell, Kordell, TD Tommy & the rest of that era while half the bandwagon fans don't even know who those 3 guys are....

stillers4me
10-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Yea...speak for yourself. I grew up in western Pa. in a very sports oriented community........I watched 5 Steeler SuperBowl wins and one loss. In my 47 years, I've seen the good, bad and ugly when it comes to my football team. I may have been busy for a few years raising a son on my own, and had a few priorities bigger than football games, but don't EVER call me a bandwagon fan. EVER. I may have the unfortunate fate of living in Sissynasti, but I'll die a Steeler fan. Not too bad for an old broad.

You've got a lot of nerve questioning other peoples "fan status". And it's ok if this new generation of Steelers brings on a whole new flock of fans. The wagons big enough for everybody.....even if they they aren't a walking encyclopedia on Steeler legends and lore. That doesn't make one person a better fan than another. If you only want to watch if they are winning....then I say go get direct tv 'coz you'll be rooting for a different team every year. Win or lose......they are MY Steelers.

Hines86Ward
10-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Yea...speak for yourself. I grew up in western Pa. in a very sports oriented community........I watched 5 Steeler SuperBowl wins and one loss. In my 47 years, I've seen the good, bad and ugly when it comes to my football team. I may have been busy for a few years raising a son on my own, and had a few priorities bigger than football games, but don't EVER call me a bandwagon fan. EVER. I may have the unfortunate fate of living in Sissynasti, but I'll die a Steeler fan. Not too bad for an old broad.

You've got a lot of nerve questioning other peoples "fan status". And it's ok if this new generation of Steelers brings on a whole new flock of fans. The wagons big enough for everybody.....even if they they aren't a walking encyclopedia on Steeler legends and lore. That doesn't make one person a better fan than another. If you only want to watch if they are winning....then I say go get direct tv 'coz you'll be rooting for a different team every year. Win or lose......they are MY Steelers.

I with you man, that other guy called us out. I'll be here win or lose. No matter what happens. I had the unfortunate fate of living in Da Nati for the past 10 years. I wasn't questioning your fan status, I know a true fan when I see one.....:tt02:

HometownGal
10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Hines, Stillers - I don't believe that Czar is calling either of you bandwagon fans - in fact, I think he means quite the opposite by his reference above. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, Czar) :wink02: What I think he is saying is that we who are keeping the faith that the Steelers will turn themselves around (and Czar - you may as well put me at the head of that list) even with their less than stellar start to the season tend to "sugarcoat" what he and others view as the "reality of the situation". You two are both great fans - standing by this team through thick and thin - don't you ever lose that awesome positive attitude and your diehard support of our Steelers through its good times and its not so good. You both are a breath of fresh air around here, especially under the circumstances of this very young and thus far, difficult season. Like you, I feel privileged to call myself a fan of the classiest and one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, and whether they are 16-0 or 0-16, I'll be standing there right beside them cheering them on....and BELIEVING. :tt02: :thumbsup:

As I've stated in numerous posts today, I am an optimist, as well as a true believer in moving forward and leaving the past behind. While I don't believe any of us are blinded by "homerism" and can plainly see that the beginning of our season has been troubling, it is my opinion that continuing to belabor the negatives doesn't change the outcome of the game or event and is a waste of breath. Instead, I choose to believe that there is always room for improvement and reaching for a higher level of play. Sitting on your behind crying, moaning and gnashing your teeth over something that can't be taken back or changed is pointless and creates a negative and sometimes hostile atmosphere when instead, we should all be joining together as a Steelers nation and supporting the team that we all love. Just my three cents. :smile: :tt02:

X-Terminator
10-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Let's see if I can make this short, sweet and to-the-point:

Bandwagon fans - Live to boo and bash rather than cheer and support, give up on the team when there are still TWELVE GAMES LEFT in the season, turn on players as soon as they have a few bad games and call for them to be benched (the "what have you done for me lately" mentality).

True fans - Don't.

It's really that simple :wink:

BTW - this is not meant to call anyone out. None of you fits my description of a bandwagon fan and I would never question your fan status. And I really do take great offense to being called a "blind homer" just because I choose to keep the faith rather than throw in the Terrible Towel. But hey - if standing by my team through thick and thin makes me a "blind homer," then so be it. At least when I wake up in the morning, I'll feel good knowing I was there to the bitter end.

Preacher
10-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Let's see if I can make this short, sweet and to-the-point:

Bandwagon fans - Live to boo and bash rather than cheer and support, give up on the team when there are still TWELVE GAMES LEFT in the season, turn on players as soon as they have a few bad games and call for them to be benched (the "what have you done for me lately" mentality).

True fans - Don't.

It's really that simple :wink:

Nice description. I absolutely agree. it is killing me that people are calling for Ben's head after 3 bad games... actually, bad SPOTS in 3 games.

Do I think there is still something wrong with him? yeah, he just doesn't look like he did. Am I positive for the Steeler's chances this year? No, I am neutral.

Will I be watching the game next Sunday with my Steeler colors? ABSOLUTELY!

BTW... After the last losing season... we were one loss away from two superbowl appearances. Thus, at the worst...Should we REALLY be that worried? NOPE...

As for this season, After all.. we are only 1-3. It IS still possible to make the playoffs this year.

steeler dude
10-10-2006, 02:17 AM
lol nope ben will be ok ! O LINE has issues AND OTHERS TEAMS KNOW THAT WE HAVE NO POWER back I LIKE #39 parker but lets face it we need a rb with power aswell maybe davenport has it ? he did ok in miami and greenbay but parker has did well considering he only had like 380 yards in college , but i sure wouldnt have paid him what the steelers did

Haiku_Dirtt
10-10-2006, 05:57 AM

Czar was harsh on Deshea. Given the height disadvantage he almost saved the night. Townsend is one of the brighter lights - it's not his fault he is short.

"Its clear Bill doesn't have the same passion for the game"

YES. IT'S NOT CLEAR. I don't doubt that he has the passion. But does he want to coach the Steelers for the next few years. Thanks to TO and all the other crap on Sportscenter they haven't found time for this lurking drama. But it's coming if it doesn't get resolved. And somehow I think you could see it in Cowher's face on Sunday night.

BnG...who has the credibility to coach this team out of this hole? Are we really going to start from scratch?

I was so f-ing wrong to think that Ken Whiz could do that. Right now. Unless we surrender to a rebuild.

If Cowher respects the Rooneys - which he does- then he can't wait until the offseason to decide. The MESSAGE needs to be sent loud and clear. Or else we will be in a good draft position.

It would be nice to know though.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Don't trip BlackandGold,.......do you and disregard anyone whom would question your resolve and or allegiance. You (and hopefully anyone with any first hand knowledge of you) know's the deal. Most of the "Syrup on Sh#t,...makes pancakes" people (Wade, Stiller's 4me, 86 .....yeah i call names) are more than likely just Big Ben FANS that are sick because of the way he's playing.
And as far as Hardjerk,........he's always playing himself. :sofunny: With that said,....brush your shoulders off homey and let them address ME personaly and i'll finish it,......"Quicker than anything in your local Pharmacy"

"HAIL CAESAR,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Really. To question BnG as a Steeler man is just plain ole freaking stoopid. Pathetic.

How jazzed was it seeing Anthony Smith out there. Wrist tackle!!! Sheee**t. I know you lobby hard for him to start. With each game I see little reason to disagree anymore. At least fewer reasons.

Even though we lost Carter played his ass off. Benching Logan was the right call.

And Willie Reid...:banging: Dude we all pulled for you. Heal fast.

Steel Pit
10-10-2006, 06:43 AM
And you are a punk ass bitch so piss off.

Here, Here, HERE NOW! LMFAO

Steel Pit
10-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Come on Steelers fans, lets not fight amongst ourselves. Let's not be envious of the QB in San Diego, or the WR's in Cincinnati. Those guys don't have any hardware and I wouldn't trade Ben or any of our WR's for those bums.

We all get frustrated with the team when they play like they're currently playing. Heck I cuss them up and down while watching the game but they're still my team and I love them. We just went through the MOST difficult portion of our schedule and I believe that WE'RE GOING TO BE ALRIGHT.

Pull out your schedules and look at our remaining games. There's absolutely no reason not to believe that we won't be the favorites in AT LEAST 10 of our remaining 12 games. These are very winnable games. As you all saw last night the Baltimore Ravens are HIGHLY OVERRATED. The Cincinnati Bengals have problems far beyond ours and their problems are not fixable. At least not this season. The Steelers are going to be alright. Let's just support them for the next 8-10 weeks and see where we stand after that.

Stlrs4Life
10-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Philip Rivers was not the class pick of that draft. He folded like a tent when we kept the pressure on him. I don't care what QB was in there the 2nd half. You give any QB that much time, you are going to get burned.

SteelCzar76
10-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Hines, Stillers - I don't believe that Czar is calling either of you bandwagon fans - in fact, I think he means quite the opposite by his reference above. (Correct me if I'm wrong here, Czar) :wink02: What I think he is saying is that we who are keeping the faith that the Steelers will turn themselves around (and Czar - you may as well put me at the head of that list) even with their less than stellar start to the season tend to "sugarcoat" what he and others view as the "reality of the situation". You two are both great fans - standing by this team through thick and thin - don't you ever lose that awesome positive attitude and your diehard support of our Steelers through its good times and its not so good. You both are a breath of fresh air around here, especially under the circumstances of this very young and thus far, difficult season. Like you, I feel privileged to call myself a fan of the classiest and one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, and whether they are 16-0 or 0-16, I'll be standing there right beside them cheering them on....and BELIEVING. :tt02: :thumbsup:

As I've stated in numerous posts today, I am an optimist, as well as a true believer in moving forward and leaving the past behind. While I don't believe any of us are blinded by "homerism" and can plainly see that the beginning of our season has been troubling, it is my opinion that continuing to belabor the negatives doesn't change the outcome of the game or event and is a waste of breath. Instead, I choose to believe that there is always room for improvement and reaching for a higher level of play. Sitting on your behind crying, moaning and gnashing your teeth over something that can't be taken back or changed is pointless and creates a negative and sometimes hostile atmosphere when instead, we should all be joining together as a Steelers nation and supporting the team that we all love. Just my three cents. :smile: :tt02:

It seem's that you're one of the few that have taken my words in the proper context. :smile: In regards to those that i "called out" so to speak,......this was done because of what i perceived as you trying to "Check the Oil" of anyone whom does not agree with your opinions regarding personel. (This must be the case,...because there is no way you could have taken anything i said as giving up on this Organization,...Win, lose or Draw)
I'll state it one last time,
I (and many others) hold this "ORGANIZATION" and it's HONOR in the highest regard,.....not particular player's or coaches. The bottom line being,... if as a player or coach,.....you are not part of the solution, then you're a liabilty. And those (liabilties) are NEVER good for buisness. I for one do not believe in crippling WARRIORS by coddling them,.. (making excuse's for failure). If you want respect and or glory,.....you earn it,....then you will deserve it. "NUFF SAID"

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

stunta86
10-11-2006, 12:29 AM
1: As i have stated since he was at N.C. State and before the 2004 draft,....Philip Rivers is the TRUTH and was the BEST OF HIS CLASS.
2:We gave our,.... average passer with some "Backyard moves" "Quarterback" a roster filled with guest/Bum Wr's that can't get of jams, or get open. And even when they do, their hands and ability to run after the catch are less than average.
3:We no longer can run the ball effectively from a physical, wear down a defense standpoint. Bussy's productivity in this aspect used to protect us and Ben himself,....from himself. (Ben)
4: Our secondary WILL and does fold against any of the better passing teams in the League. How can anyone honestly dispute this ? (Little Kid voices) "Ike is GREAT,.... and Dshea isn't an undersized overachiever" Would you finally,....KNOCK IT OFF.

Bottom line,.....it's a matter of marginal personel. But this fall's upon the front office for lacking the forsight and resolve to correct these problems before they became such. (problems) However,....i REFUSE and simply cannot throw in the Towel,... and long for the day when this team is FINALLY upgraded in the Secondary, backfield and Receiving Corps. This is dishonorable and disgusting.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

we never had a chance at rivers so what's the point of bringing him up?? yeah our secondary is highly overrated and will get owned by the better passers in the league

SteelersWoman
10-11-2006, 06:45 PM
i thought dashea's coverage on that touchdown was perfect. he could not have done anything more to prevent that pass.

Not to mention a 7 inch height differential...some things you just can't change--longer arm reach is one of them. Short of DeShea tacklin the guy and gettin flagged for it, there was not ONE thing more he coulda done--he executed well.