PDA

View Full Version : Steelers look at Boulware

BB2W
07-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Former Ravens linebacker Peter Boulware worked out Thursday before four teams and tried to show his pass-rush skills haven't diminished.

Boulware With the Seahawks, Browns, Texans and Steelers watching, Boulware tried to show he still has explosiveness off the line of scrimmage. After turning down a $2 million proposal to stay in Baltimore, Boulware received his release from the club and has been talking to three teams -- the Seahawks, Browns and Steelers -- with hopes of landing a good contract.

Unsatisfied by the offer, Boulware wanted to show teams in a workout that injuries he'd suffered to a knee and a toe weren't a problem.

"We were surprised and pleased how well the workout went," said Boulware's agent, Roosevelt Barnes. "He looked really good. He showed a good burst in the pass rush drills. He really wants to have a good season and have a big season for sacks."

Those in attendance acknowledged Boulware hasn't lost much of his athletic skill. Now, he has to work on his conditioning and endurance.

Browns general manager Phil Savage was the highest ranked front office person in attendance.

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 03:40 PM
i don`t see him here. I see the brownies signing him.

bigbensgirl7
07-14-2005, 04:37 PM
I agree Cleve...not that I would mind seeing him wearing black and gold...I just don't see it happening. I believe the Browns will jump on him!

bengalsfan21
07-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Raiders are in the hunt for him so if they really want him they will get him....Everyone knows Al Davis gets what he wants...

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Plus I don`t think we have the money to spend. We have needs that the money would be spent more wisely on. Uh how about Hines Ward!

bengalsfan21
07-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Plus I don`t think we have the money to spend. We have needs that the money would be spent more wisely on. Uh how about Hines Ward!

True you guys shouldn't expect any FA signings for this season...

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Nobody expensive anyway.

bengalsfan21
07-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Nobody expensive anyway.

But only the expensive ones are the good ones....90% of the time

Prosdo
07-14-2005, 11:18 PM
I agree I don't see him coming here either. Hines Ward is the top priority.

Steelersfan
07-14-2005, 11:32 PM

You don't need to spend a ton of money to fill your teams holes. It's more about getting the best bang for the buck! The steelers don't need to spend $. They just need a few backup jobs covered.

STEELERDYNASTY
07-15-2005, 12:33 AM
He wants too much $$$$$$.......no thanks....take the minimum or walk,that goes for Law too.

clevestinks
07-15-2005, 05:33 AM
He wants too much $$$$$$.......no thanks....take the minimum or walk,that goes for Law too.

I agree, we really don`t need an outside lb, it miht be nice if Hagans can step it up some, or if Harrison comes on strong. Plus we reall seem to have a good chemistry with this team.

ironcitychef
07-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Think we are just updating our stat file on him...:coffee:

Stlrs4Life
07-15-2005, 10:04 PM
You're joking right? Look at all those expensive guys that the Bungholes have, and it hasn't done jack squat for them.

No way we sign Boulware, not enough money. Plus we still need money to resign Hines, and the rest of the rookies.

BB2W
07-21-2005, 12:04 AM
For a team such as the Steelers, one that has sent at least one linebacker to the Pro Bowl every year but six from 1969 through 2005, a perceived lack of depth at outside linebacker is as uncharacteristic as it is uncomfortable.
But help could be on the way eventually in the person of former Ravens linebacker Peter Boulware.

"When he's healthy, he's as good as there is," said Pitt offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh, who held the same post in Baltimore for the past six seasons. "He has a knack for getting to the quarterback."

Boulware, 30, missed all of last season recovering from knee and toe surgeries, and was ultimately released by the Ravens on May 11. But the Steelers came away intrigued with the four-time Pro Bowler after observing Boulware during an individual workout July 14 in Tallahassee, Fla.

rest of article....http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_355512.html

Tha rock
07-21-2005, 12:21 AM
I hope my team lands him we are hurting at the OLB posistion!

Livinginthe past
07-21-2005, 04:27 AM
The Raiders are hurting at just about EVERY defensive position aren't they?

NM

STEELERDYNASTY
07-21-2005, 09:35 AM
The Raiders are hurting at just about EVERY defensive position aren't they?

NM
OUCH!

true very true......the Faiders are lacking on D

LambertIsGod58
07-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Don't need Boulware....especially with his price tag. We need secondary help more so at linebacker.

SteelersNation7
07-21-2005, 09:41 PM
I bet we could have used him last year...we need someone to sack the out of Brady

Avoid LLoyd1975
07-22-2005, 01:48 PM
I would love to see him here. I personally think it can be done if he doesn't get selfish. He wants to be part of a winning organization. That is us...