PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu...NEEDS TO WRAP UP!!!

klick81
10-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Seriously man...we all love the guy, but his little shoulder pushing ain't cutting it. He missed some key tackles last night that could have been made if he used his arms to wrap up. Why is that so hard for him to do?

PisnNapalm
10-09-2006, 04:15 PM
He's missed several key tackles every game. He's still flying to the play but not finishing like before.

Anyone know why? Is the shoulder still hurting him?

steelfan 92
10-09-2006, 04:30 PM
gentlemen, he is not 100% healthy yet, he may not be all year. he has the harness on the shoulder it only allows you to bring up your arm so far. at least he is not hesitant any more. he will be fine he will make the plays.

19ward86
10-09-2006, 06:16 PM
CHRIS HOPE! where are you? bad tackling probably happened last year also but chris hope was there to back polamalu up. our defense was in check last night but after the half we stopped BLITZING, i never thought i would say that. i dont know if you guys noticed but we put almost no pressure on rivers in the second half. instead of zone-blitzing we just did a weak zone.

Ambridge
10-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Yep!! Sad to say that at times during the season Troy has looked like he was back in his rookie season when he was over pursueing to the ball and missing tackles left and right.

Texasfan
10-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Yep!! Sad to say that at times during the season Troy has looked like he was back in his rookie season when he was over pursueing to the ball and missing tackles left and right.

He's probably trying to compensate for his injured shoulder

NV STEELERS 723
10-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Inoticed the same thing about Troy last night....he's flyin, but not wrapping people up...he's not %100

Mosca
10-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Thing is, if we see it, it must be blindingly obvious to opposition coaches, and it will definitely be accounted for when they draw up their game plan.

Polamalu is a great player at 100%, but he's not so great at 60%.

Tom

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-10-2006, 01:26 AM
A hair cut is what he needs. he looks like a $2 pittsburgh hooker with that nasty mop top.

holmes
10-10-2006, 01:28 AM
19ward86 hit the nail right on the head. When Chris Hope and Troy were back there, they complimented each other like peanut butter and jelly. They had good chemistry together. I think Chris made Troy even better than what he was. These new guys back there with Troy will have to learn to play more like Chris Hope. In the last two weeks, he has had I believe 2 ints. We miss him back there.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :helmet:

Preacher
10-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Chad Scott?

I REALLY don't think he is the key to why we are now having problems. Granted Scott complimented Polamalu. However, did you see the hits last night buy Clark? And just wait for our Rookie free safety to start playing. That kid is an absolute stud. the problem with Polamalu is simple.

INJURY

PERIOD.

memphissteelergirl
10-10-2006, 12:37 PM
A hair cut is what he needs. he looks like a $2 pittsburgh hooker with that nasty mop top.

Well, with that "intellectual" response, once again, my theory is proven,

Seahawk fans=whiny a**, immature children who cannot let it go!

If you have nothing else to bring to the table besides that crap, you need to STFU!!

Atlanta Dan
10-10-2006, 12:45 PM
19ward86 hit the nail right on the head. When Chris Hope and Troy were back there, they complimented each other like peanut butter and jelly. They had good chemistry together. I think Chris made Troy even better than what he was. These new guys back there with Troy will have to learn to play more like Chris Hope. In the last two weeks, he has had I believe 2 ints. We miss him back there.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :helmet:

Ryan Clark actually apears to be one of the few Steelers playing up to expectations - Clark had the great hit on Chris Henry and tore the ball away for an INT early in the Chargers game.

Polamalu is hurt and cannot use his arm - hard to blame Clark for that.

sumo
10-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Ryan Clark actually apears to be one of the few Steelers playing up to expectations - Clark had the great hit on Chris Henry and tore the ball away for an INT early in the Chargers game.

Polamalu is hurt and cannot use his arm - hard to blame Clark for that.

I kind of agree -- the corners do have to step it up though -- I can't remember a game where we have allowed so many 3rd and long conversions - we couldn't get San Diego off the field -- it seems like our corners are playing prevent on every 3rd down...

floodcitygirl
10-10-2006, 01:12 PM
A hair cut is what he needs. he looks like a $2 pittsburgh hooker with that nasty mop top.You know, we really didn't need to hear about your familiarity with $2 hookers :yikes:. Next time, think before you share.