PDA

View Full Version : So...uh...did you guys want to talk about the Chiefs?

GoChiefs
10-09-2006, 11:49 PM
That's why I'm here and all. Y'know?

LambertLunatic
10-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Too early, lad. The day after a game is reserved for enjoying the high or suffering the low of the previous game. I can't even think about the next week's opponent till Tuesdays (Wednesday if we played Mon night)

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-10-2006, 01:03 AM

Is trent green still alive?

GoChiefs
10-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah.

Is he going to play? Even if he was still concussed he would probably play better than lil' Ben...

Preacher
10-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Is he going to play? Even if he was still concussed he would probably play better than lil' Ben...

Hmmm. I read your post, I saw your cute little sayings and pics in the sig line... and well...

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

steelcity984
10-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Huard has played well.

HometownGal
10-10-2006, 07:04 AM

OK. Please give us your game perspective and we can go from there. Welcome, btw! :wave:

CantStop85
10-10-2006, 07:46 AM
This should be a close one. If the Steelers can't manage to pull this one out, they're in deep trouble.

RunWillieRun
10-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey BigBensBikeHelmet, I am curious about your sig. What were the tragedies of 2/5/05?

stlrtruck
10-10-2006, 08:42 AM
The tragedy was that his team didn't win and like his losing QB, he wants a re-do. Unfortunately, this isn't the sandlot and re-do's aren't granted so he's going to whine about it.

As for this week's game, it's all about doing what we do! Playing smash mouth football for 60 minutes. Something we haven't done in the last 3 games!! But it's time for redemption and Damon Huard might be wishing he was back with the Dolphins by the time the D is finished with him! It will also rely on Big Ben to get back to basics and stop throwing the long ball and trying to Manning-ish and having that one quick strike!!

Take what the D gives him, use the 8 yard crossing routes to Miller or Holmes, have the O-line do a heck of a lot better job than what they've done.

ExtonSteelFan
10-10-2006, 11:49 AM
This should be a close one. If the Steelers can't manage to pull this one out, they're in deep trouble.

This game is exactly what the Steelers need this week. My gut tells me that the Steelers turn everything around on Sunday. If that's the case then I think the Steelers are going to beat KC pretty badly. For one, Larry Johnson took quite a facemask this past Sunday and I don't think he's going to be 100% come gameday. He hasn't exactly been the force everyone expected him to be this year either so far. I'm sure alot of that could be due to the retirement of Willie Roaf but either way, I like our chances VERY much this week.

steelfan 92
10-10-2006, 01:09 PM
keys to the game.
-put 8 in the box to stop the run
-make mr huard beat us, which he can't
-pound da rock, willie needs at least 20 carries
-mix in the play pass

SteelerFanInCA
10-10-2006, 02:24 PM

Nice to see seahag fans are still bitter. :sofunny:

sumo
10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
We will win this one ...Whisenhut needs to go back to his play calling sheet from when Ben started his first game ....

Black@Gold Forever32
10-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Oh hell yes if the Steelers drop this game against the Chiefs. The Steelers might as well start thinking about next year. Really when you think about the Steelers can not afford to lose anymore of their AFC games period. Back to the topic at head the Chiefs game. Well I'm not blind and I'm not going to pretend everything is well with the Steelers. I don't want to hear about last year and how the Steelers turned their season around. That was last year before all the crap that has happened since the Super Bowl win.

But the Steelers might have chance in this game since Trent Green is out and Larry Johnson might not play. But Damon Huard has done a solid job overall since taking over for Green. If Larry Johnson does play then it will be a much closer game. But the Steelers defense can not quit like they did in the 2nd half of the Chargers. Actually the whole team quit in my book. That 2nd half was a disgrace and the whole team should return their paychecks this week for their sorry quiting performance against the Chargers.

The Steelers offense might have their hands full against the Chiefs defense since the only thing consistent about the Steelers offense right now is the running game oh I should say Willie Parker since he is the only back touching the ball. Not that I'm complaining about that but Cowher is going to get Willie killed by the end of the year. But Ben aka Mr. INT Roethlisberger will keep this game close and probally the Steelers drop another game against the Chiefs. I can almost see it now. But I don't care whatever even if the Steelers finish at 1-15 they still are my team.

MACH1
10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
They should do well in this game as long as they don't find a way to give it away.

stgo
10-10-2006, 05:32 PM
we had a good chance to win this one.

If we blow this off, this season is over.

Steel_Bus_24
10-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I love my team to death and I was born with a terrible towel, but I'm not going to try and surgarcoat the Steelers perfromance either.

If the same zombies that played in the seconed half of the chargers game shows up to play the chiefs or anyone for that matter, they will recieve a spanking.

Your month off is over now Steelers!!!

A 110 percent effort will be needed from here on out to have a chance at the playoffs.

Its gut check time guys, will you rise or crumble???

I will never count the Steelers out until they are eliminated but, they have to show us signs against KC that they ae still playing for the post season and a championship. Becasue right now it looks like they just want to relish in their past victories.

I still have faith in them, but I want to see some signs here that they give a crap about this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-10-2006, 05:57 PM
I love my team to death and I was born with a terrible towel, but I'm not going to try and surgarcoat the Steelers perfromance either.

If the same zombies that played in the seconed half of the chargers game shows up to play the chiefs or anyone for that matter, they will recieve a spanking.

Your month off is over now Steelers!!!

A 110 percent effort will be needed from here on out to have a chance at the playoffs.

Its gut check time guys, will you rise or crumble???

I will never count the Steelers out until they are eliminated but, they have to show us signs against KC that they ae still playing for the post season and a championship. Becasue right now it looks like they just want to relish in their past victories.

I still have faith in them, but I want to see some signs here that they give a crap about this season.

I totally agree with you and good post. But by you saying this you will be called a bandwagon fan or not a true fan.

Steel_Bus_24
10-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Its not like I'm going to quit being a fan of the Steelers if they have a bad season this year, I'll always be a Steeler fan, I couldn't even imagine me not being one.

But its not like I have to like it when they lose and are underperforming. As I said I don't think they're done yet though.

Lyn
10-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Its not like I'm going to quit being a fan of the Steelers if they have a bad season this year, I'll always be a Steeler fan, I couldn't even imagine me not being one.

But its not like I have to like it when they lose and are underperforming. As I said I don't think they're done yet though.

If everyone would begin their posts this way, all would be good. It would simply be a fan who is unhappy with the current performance of their team, kinda like a parent who is disappointed with their child for the time being, but that does not mean they do not still love their child.

I think that because there are so many bandwagoners if you are a true, born & bred steeler fan you need to say so. True Steeler fans are all a lil upset right now with the poor play, but they will be a Steeler fan until the day they die. I also think they are more concerned with the health and well being of their young quarterback, not how well he can play, his health comes first.

just an observation,

MattsMe
10-10-2006, 07:33 PM

I agree, we don't have to like it when our team underperforms. Maybe if we were Browns fans, we'd be used to it. I've been a fan for over 20 years, and a 1-3 start, or even a 1-15 season, isn't going to change that. :tt02: We're not out of the playoff picture yet though.

GoChiefs
10-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Larry Johnson IS playing, just to clear that up.

You guys will be, IMO, the toughest defense we have faced. I'm pretty doubtful about our offense's chances to even score as little as 14 points in this one. Our offensive line couldn't run block for shit the last two weeks. Pass protection has been much better, though.

I'm very, very doubtful about LJ's chances to get 100 yards this week, but most of all he just needs to stop fumbling. We can't afford any turnovers this week.

Defensively I'm much more optimistic. We've been feasting on bad offenses this year, and I think you guys might be the worst (LOL sorry). I think Ben is good for at least 2 INTs this week against our great corners. How are your OTs? Our defensive ends, Jared Allen and Tamba Hali, have been terrific. Hali has been a great draft pick so far.

This game might end in a 0-0 tie if no one turns the ball over, barring a special teams return. I'm only slightly exaggerating. How are your special teams? Ours are pretty much fantastic. Our punter is killing the ball, and our kicker is really coming into his own. Dante Hall looks great. Kickoff coverage is a slight weakness, but punt coverage is cake due to our STUD punter. He was well worth the third-rounder we spent on him.

Injuries? Chiefs will be without Green, LJ will play as I said. LT Kyle Turley might be back this week but HB Michael Bennett is still out. Our 4th CB is on the injured list, too. Other than that we are good.

redfriday
10-11-2006, 12:09 PM

You guys will be, IMO, the toughest defense we have faced. I'm pretty doubtful about our offense's chances to even score as little as 14 points in this one. Our offensive line couldn't run block for shit the last two weeks. Pass protection has been much better, though.

I'm very, very doubtful about LJ's chances to get 100 yards this week, but most of all he just needs to stop fumbling. We can't afford any turnovers this week.

Defensively I'm much more optimistic. We've been feasting on bad offenses this year, and I think you guys might be the worst (LOL sorry). I think Ben is good for at least 2 INTs this week against our great corners. How are your OTs? Our defensive ends, Jared Allen and Tamba Hali, have been terrific. Hali has been a great draft pick so far.

This game might end in a 0-0 tie if no one turns the ball over, barring a special teams return. I'm only slightly exaggerating. How are your special teams? Ours are pretty much fantastic. Our punter is killing the ball, and our kicker is really coming into his own. Dante Hall looks great. Kickoff coverage is a slight weakness, but punt coverage is cake due to our STUD punter. He was well worth the third-rounder we spent on him.

Injuries? Chiefs will be without Green, LJ will play as I said. LT Kyle Turley might be back this week but HB Michael Bennett is still out. Our 4th CB is on the injured list, too. Other than that we are good.

This will be a great game.
Is it Sunday yet?

SteelCityPride
10-11-2006, 01:13 PM
You know our guys will take it as hard on themselves as any fan could put it on them, they don't want to play as bad as they are. i was listening to some quotes from one of our lineman, I can't remember which one right now, but he was saying at this point everyone is going to need to put in the extra effort, no more lazy days in the training rooms and so forth, they will be out there with longer hours and poised to get this seaosn back on track. it seems like this may end up being another year where they feed off of the disrespect card. I am not playing this one way or the other, but you can tell the players feed off of this. I think the o-line is the group who will be hardest on themselves of the whole team. As a former lineman you pride yourself on the running game and keeping your qb's jersey clean. The o-line is gonna look good this week. I think willie is gonna have a willie type of day with mostly 1-4 yard carries and bust a run or two for 30-50 yards. I think Ben will start getting back on track witha moderate passing game, nothing substantial, but maybe one of his 16-22 pass attempt type of games, but I think his int's will be cut and he will finally get 1 or 2 in the end zone. I look for a tough game, maybe 17-10 in favor of my boys...

STEELCRTN4EVER
10-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Well said LYN, too many band wagoners. I am and will be a BLACK and GOLD fan until I die.

That said, I expect to see a very different game this week. I hope the offensive play calling is more STEELER football (I wasn't very happy last week with the play selection) and I hope execution is good. We definitely need the win and I still believe.

We are going to get to town on Friday night and leave Monday, hopefully we will meet some of you tailgating.

STEELERS 24 Chiefs 7

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-11-2006, 03:24 PM

Injuries? Chiefs will be without Green, LJ will play as I said. LT Kyle Turley might be back this week but HB Michael Bennett is still out. Our 4th CB is on the injured list, too. Other than that we are good.Our special teams? Well to put it mildly, they ain't so special!

GoChiefs
10-11-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm watching the Jags game right now. Gardocki looks pretty good.

ExtonSteelFan
10-11-2006, 03:53 PM
You know our guys will take it as hard on themselves as any fan could put it on them, they don't want to play as bad as they are. i was listening to some quotes from one of our lineman, I can't remember which one right now, but he was saying at this point everyone is going to need to put in the extra effort, no more lazy days in the training rooms and so forth, they will be out there with longer hours and poised to get this seaosn back on track. it seems like this may end up being another year where they feed off of the disrespect card. I am not playing this one way or the other, but you can tell the players feed off of this. I think the o-line is the group who will be hardest on themselves of the whole team. As a former lineman you pride yourself on the running game and keeping your qb's jersey clean. The o-line is gonna look good this week. I think willie is gonna have a willie type of day with mostly 1-4 yard carries and bust a run or two for 30-50 yards. I think Ben will start getting back on track witha moderate passing game, nothing substantial, but maybe one of his 16-22 pass attempt type of games, but I think his int's will be cut and he will finally get 1 or 2 in the end zone. I look for a tough game, maybe 17-10 in favor of my boys...

Good post. I agree with you on every point you made. It's time for this team to work hard and get back to the basics. Pound the rock and keep the passing game moderate. If it works well, I expect a win and I think that will be the spark this team needs to get back on track.

On a side note, I'll be at the game this Sunday cheering for the black and gold! :tt02:

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm watching the Jags game right now. Gardocki looks pretty good.He has been the only consistent bright spot.

BirdKC
10-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Hello from KC.

I think this will be a closer game than some of you Steelers fans think. Right now I'm giving the edge to the steelers because a) You guys are at home and b) you are desperate. I don't see many points being scored in this game. The chiefs D is for real this year and the steelers D is no joke.

In order for KC to win, basically, KC can't turn the ball over. If they do, it's over. However, If huard keeps playing like he has, he might surprise you guys.

I don't see either offense doing much in this game.. it's going to come down to field position.

You may curse the name Colquit by the end of the game if he pins you inside the 2.

When it comes down to it, KC is missing their starting QB, LT, and possibly a WR.(hall). Steeler should win this game. I think you guys are done for if you don't.

Good luck on sunday!

Rotorhead
10-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Well we did have a chance to win a couple of the last 3 games, it just seems as if everyone is not quite on the same page right now. The lack of a consistant running game (I like Parker, but we are used to the consistent 3-4 ypc instead of -2, 1, 35yd carries) so it seems like Ben is trying to do too much. I think we need to use one of our other 25million running backs to split carries with Parker, and that should help out alot. I certainly hope that our WR's and QB will finally be on the same page for this game. And for all those saying that our season is over if we lose, it won't, it will just be alot more difficult to be there at the end. I think (hope) we get back on track this game and start our run here.

Steel_Bus_24
10-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I think we need to let Davenport bruise on them Sunday. I really think we have found the pounder we have been looking for in him. He didn't get much of a chance against the chargers becuase almost everyone of his few carries, he was being hit by hartings or faneca who were being driven back by their nose tackle.

I really think if our o-line gets on track Sunday and opens a couple slight holes, Davenport will bust through them pounding on people for those 4-6 yard carries.

I want to see the Steelers pound the rock. Its a thing of beauty when they are running for those 4-6 yard runs even though opposing D's are selling out on the run.

With a strong running game and less pressure on Ben, he will improve too. I think thats really the key for this game, as it really has been for every game that Ben has started this season. If the chiefs shut down our running game then I say we lose the game based on the way Ben has thrown the ball thus far. But if we rush for more then 90 we win

On the defense of the side of the ball I'm worried if Brett isn't in the trenches of how well we will be able to stop the run. And it is imperative to sack Huard hard and often. I think he'll crumble if we do that.

CantStop85
10-11-2006, 07:12 PM
And it is imperative to sack Huard hard and often. I think he'll crumble if we do that.
Shouldn't be too hard if Kyle Turley and Jordan Black are playing...they're horrible...they made Cincy's pass rush look like the Bears.

NV STEELERS 723
10-11-2006, 07:37 PM
[/B[B]]It's nice to see the KC fans here are civil, and they are right ...it will be a close game,,, And we are DESPERATE!! as for that Seattle puke that comes in here.. " BITTER PARTY OF 1" !!!

BirdKC
10-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Shouldn't be too hard if Kyle Turley and Jordan Black are playing...they're horrible...they made Cincy's pass rush look like the Bears.

I'll agree with you that Black is terrible...but don't underestimate Turley. He had on off game against cincy...but he was great against Denver (who's defense is waaaay better).

You guys should be able to get to Huard often though. I do believe Black will be the one playing left tackle. God help us.

Elvis
10-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Is Trent Green coming back this week? I hope that the Steelers can come out of this slump and get things rolling.. I just got through watching last weeks game again and we played very well on our first 2 drives and then it just seemed like we quit trying... we have got to get a few full games in with us...

Stlrs4Life
10-11-2006, 10:20 PM
I must say, KC Fans are the nicest and most knowledgeble fans from the opposing team that we have seen on this board. So much better than the Bungle and Whinerhawk fans. LITP, and 3 to be 4, als are good fans from the Pats.

GoChiefs
10-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks. I was expecting some ugly resistance. Over at Chiefsplanet we had a dude named CRIMEFIGHTER trolling when the Steelers last played KC. He was a hoot. You guys are pretty nice.

BirdKC
10-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Is Trent Green coming back this week? I hope that the Steelers can come out of this slump and get things rolling.. I just got through watching last weeks game again and we played very well on our first 2 drives and then it just seemed like we quit trying... we have got to get a few full games in with us...

Nope Trent Green is still out.

You get to face the almighty DAMON HUARD :jawdrop:

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 04:16 AM
KC fans how is that improved D panning out?

And, Ty Law how is he playing?

They have obviously tightened up in the last 2 games, but the opposition was the 49ers and the Cards.

I haven't seen any Chiefs games this year, but Huard (ex-Patriot) has been a revelation filling in for Green (I have been keeping tabs on him as he is in my FF team)

How is Larry Johnson going this year?

Does he seem as dominant as everyone expects him to be, or are teams stacking the box because Huard is at QB?

Thanks

NM

stillers4me
10-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Joey Porter injury....anybody else getting a stomach ache??????

HometownGal
10-12-2006, 08:13 AM
Joey Porter injury....anybody else getting a stomach ache??????

Yep and a headache to go along with it.....uggghhhh.

If we can get our running game going, it could be a long afternoon for the Chiefs, as their run D isn't overly dominant. Davenport could be key here and I hope the Steelers incorporate him often into their playcalling on Sunday. Utilizing Heath Miller as more than a blocker could benefit the O, as well. I would really like the Steelers to return to playing hard-assed, smashmouth football as this franchise is well known and respected for.

Most importantly, though, the Steelers have to consistently pressure Huard and not abandon the pass rush so early as they did in the Chargers game. With Porter"s injury, Farrior is going to have to step it up.

Good luck on Sunday Chiefers! :cheers:

Lyn
10-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I will be at that game, I am anzious to see the Chiefs play

GoChiefs
10-12-2006, 11:00 AM

They have obviously tightened up in the last 2 games, but the opposition was the 49ers and the Cards.

The D has been outstanding in all 4 games. It's like night and day. Law has been great. No penalties and two interceptions. I'm convinced his problems in New York last year were all injury-related.

ARKIESTEEL
10-12-2006, 11:05 AM
What about Harrison to fill in

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 11:24 AM

I haven't seen any Chiefs games this year, but Huard (ex-Patriot) has been a revelation filling in for Green (I have been keeping tabs on him as he is in my FF team)

How is Larry Johnson going this year?

Does he seem as dominant as everyone expects him to be, or are teams stacking the box because Huard is at QB?

Thanks

NM

The defense has played great in all 4 games actually. Ty Law has had 2 interceptions for us so far this year, and QBs have hardly thrown his way. Surtain is playing great too.

Larry Johnson is having a rough time. With a backup QB in, teams can easily put 8 or 9 guys in the box the WHOLE GAME, because they know we aren't going to throw deep. In the cardinals game, they even had one player that spied Larry the entire game. If you watch him, he is still breaking tackles and gaining tough yards, but with the backup QB situation, LJ is simply outnumbered. He's still on pace for over 1,500 yards rushing i believe.

Also, our defensive ends (Tamba Hali and Jared Allen) are monsters. Roethlisberger is going to be pressured all day. He will be sacked.

Here's a chiefs defensive highlight video that i made from the first 4 games this year... check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXVxjgTPDK0

tony hipchest
10-12-2006, 11:34 AM
it is possible that polamalu will be locked on LJ for the better part of the game. only problem is that can create favorable matchups for t. gonzales. it was looking like j. porter could have a field day matched up against your rookie tackle, but with him and harrison injured, he may face a practice squad player who has less experience than he. not having porter back in coverage could hurt too. im thinking TG might get alot of double coverage with r. clark and our nickle back (who might be anthony madison- another practice squad player)

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 11:53 AM
it is possible that polamalu will be locked on LJ for the better part of the game. only problem is that can create favorable matchups for t. gonzales. it was looking like j. porter could have a field day matched up against your rookie tackle, but with him and harrison injured, he may face a practice squad player who has less experience than he. not having porter back in coverage could hurt too. im thinking TG might get alot of double coverage with r. clark and our nickle back (who might be anthony madison- another practice squad player)

We don't have any starting rookies on our O-line. But still, they aren't so great. I say more often than not, if porter blitzes, he's going to be looking at a TE like Jason Dunn, who could easily block porter. Porter against one of our tackles though...well...porter wins that one.

Polamalu on LJ all game? That could be good or bad, you know more about him than I do. I've heard he's had some problems tackling this year because of a possible injury? Any truth to that? LJ is the last guy you want to try to tackle if you aren't tackling well.

Double covering Tony G is always a good idea. The guy catches everything and Huard loves to throw it his way. If you can double Tony, then the other obvious options are Kennison, who I believe Ike Taylor will be on? So he'll probably be in check all game... that leaves Samie Parker, who does one of two things. A) He'll drop the easiest pass you've ever seen. or B) He'll make a one handed catch in the endzone while a defender is interfering with the catch. (he did both last game).

This could be a rough day for KCs offense unless they can establish the run.

tony hipchest
10-12-2006, 12:18 PM
We don't have any starting rookies on our O-line. But still, they aren't so great. I say more often than not, if porter blitzes, he's going to be looking at a TE like Jason Dunn, who could easily block porter. Porter against one of our tackles though...well...porter wins that one.

Polamalu on LJ all game? That could be good or bad, you know more about him than I do. I've heard he's had some problems tackling this year because of a possible injury? Any truth to that? LJ is the last guy you want to try to tackle if you aren't tackling well.

Double covering Tony G is always a good idea. The guy catches everything and Huard loves to throw it his way. If you can double Tony, then the other obvious options are Kennison, who I believe Ike Taylor will be on? So he'll probably be in check all game... that leaves Samie Parker, who does one of two things. A) He'll drop the easiest pass you've ever seen. or B) He'll make a one handed catch in the endzone while a defender is interfering with the catch. (he did both last game).

This could be a rough day for KCs offense unless they can establish the run.

my bad. i mustve been thinking 1st year starter then. funny thing about polamalu. before the sd game we hear hes all healed up. then he has a mediocre game and suddenly the injury talk appears again. i dont think the injury should be an excuse. ive seen him moving so fast it seems he's whiffing on tackles, not missing them or having them broken. when he does make contact hes hitting just as hard in my eyes.

im not sure if ike will be on kennison or not. they usually dont assign him a particular wr, just a particular side of the field, so that would depend on where eddie lines up. but seeing the wrs singled on b. mcfadden and i. taylor is a strong possiblity. im comfortable with that.

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 04:03 PM
The D has been outstanding in all 4 games. It's like night and day. Law has been great. No penalties and two interceptions. I'm convinced his problems in New York last year were all injury-related.

Thats cool.

I still rate Law - and would have loved to have seen him back at the Patriots - but not for a great deal of money.

Alot of people felt that he was getting good INT stats becasue he was being thrown on alot last year in NY.

Its a shame that Kansas couldnt have cobbled together a better D when their offense was in its prime - they would have taken some stopping.

NM

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
The defense has played great in all 4 games actually. Ty Law has had 2 interceptions for us so far this year, and QBs have hardly thrown his way. Surtain is playing great too.

Larry Johnson is having a rough time. With a backup QB in, teams can easily put 8 or 9 guys in the box the WHOLE GAME, because they know we aren't going to throw deep. In the cardinals game, they even had one player that spied Larry the entire game. If you watch him, he is still breaking tackles and gaining tough yards, but with the backup QB situation, LJ is simply outnumbered. He's still on pace for over 1,500 yards rushing i believe.

Also, our defensive ends (Tamba Hali and Jared Allen) are monsters. Roethlisberger is going to be pressured all day. He will be sacked.

Here's a chiefs defensive highlight video that i made from the first 4 games this year... check it out...

Hey,

Nice vid - thanks.

Derek Johnson looks like n excellent LBer.

LJ is probbaly the best pure runner in football today - and add in his yards catching the ball and he is a real offensive threat.

Im looking forward to the game sunday - Patriots bye week - so this should provide some good entertainment.

NM

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Thats cool.

I still rate Law - and would have loved to have seen him back at the Patriots - but not for a great deal of money.

Alot of people felt that he was getting good INT stats becasue he was being thrown on alot last year in NY.

Its a shame that Kansas couldnt have cobbled together a better D when their offense was in its prime - they would have taken some stopping.

NM

Law got thrown at alot for two reasons

1. His foot injury led some teams to try to test him...bad move.

2. Law has always baited QBs into thinking the wide reciever is open, and then intercepting the ball. That's what he does best in my opinion

Law has been thrown at maybe 4 or 5 times this season..and he has 2 interceptions. I think the longest gain on him has been 15 yards or so (and he was pushed on that play). All other gains have been short yardage.

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Law got thrown at alot for two reasons

1. His foot injury led some teams to try to test him...bad move.

2. Law has always baited QBs into thinking the wide reciever is open, and then intercepting the ball. That's what he does best.

Law has been thrown at maybe 4 or 5 times this season..and he has 2 interceptions. I think the longest gain on him has been 15 yards or so (and he was pushed on that play). All other gains have been short yardage.

Yep.

I have seen many examples of him leaving a small window for the QB to hit the WR - but then slamming it shut the moment the ball is in the air.

I doubt ill ever forget the postseason game against the Colts when he had more receptions from Peyton Manning than Marvin Harrison.

NM

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Yep.

I have seen many examples of him leaving a small window for the QB to hit the WR - but then slamming it shut the moment the ball is in the air.

I doubt ill ever forget the postseason game against the Colts when he had more receptions from Peyton Manning than Marvin Harrison.

NM

That reminds me of 2 games last year for the chiefs where Trent Green had more tackles than OLB Kendrell Bell.

And your comment about derrick johnson... yes. He is a stud, and I still can't believe he feel that low to the chiefs on draft day.

GoChiefs
10-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Joey Porter is now out for the game.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-12-2006, 04:26 PM

Wha? I thought he was a tough guy?

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 04:29 PM

Part of me thinks, "man that sucks, I want to see the chiefs against a healthy steeler team."

Then the other part thinks "well, we are missing our starting QB and LT, we need all the help we can get"

Porter is a great player and it will be interesting to see what happens without him.

tony hipchest
10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Wha? I thought he was a tough guy?

polly wanna cracker?

steelcurtain09
10-12-2006, 05:39 PM

thts a pretty good film
im not tryin to say it doesnt prove nething but....

i only watched the first 5 minutes and i noticed about half of the tackles were by the shoestrings
IMO Fast Willy is better than tht and can get out of those tackles

bout half the vid is against the 49ers who have smith who has very little presence

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 05:42 PM
thts a pretty good film
im not tryin to say it doesnt prove nething but....

i only watched the first 5 minutes and i noticed about half of the tackles were by the shoestrings
IMO Fast Willy is better than tht and can get out of those tackles

bout half the vid is against the 49ers who have smith who has very little presence

They were still tackles. They have had plenty of solid form tackles, but they didn't make the highlights because they weren't so difficult to make. The ones that make it are more athletic ones (such as DJ's tackle..).

I don't see Parker having a great day. He's not exactly a tackle breaker in what i've seen.

Also, Smith has been productive against every team he has played this year...except the chiefs.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-12-2006, 05:47 PM

Right now Alex Smith has just as much, if not more presence than Lil' Ben. Twice the TD's, half the INTs, and twice the rating.

Elvis
10-12-2006, 05:51 PM
First of all in my opinion ... Larry Johnson is Not the best pure rusher in the league right now...the best over all RB in the league is in San Diego... Johnson doesnt have half the receptions that LT has and Larry is in more of a passing scheme than LT... Ladanian is the best the NFL has to offer right now... I respect the Chiefs and they will come at us just as hard as everyone else has and will... I just hope that Ben is gettin' this thing together now and Hines needs to take a bigger role of this team... Hey... the Hawks are still playin in the worst division in the league and the Bears smacked your butts ...what a joke there in seattle sayin that this year..."'Its Personal"...heheee

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 05:58 PM
First of all in my opinion ... Larry Johnson is Not the best pure rusher in the league right now...the best over all RB in the league is in San Diego... Johnson doesnt have half the receptions that LT has and Larry is in more of a passing scheme than LT... Ladanian is the best the NFL has to offer right now... I respect the Chiefs and they will come at us just as hard as everyone else has and will... I just hope that Ben is gettin' this thing together now and Hines needs to take a bigger role of this team... Hey... the Hawks are still playin in the worst division in the league and the Bears smacked your butts ...what a joke there in seattle sayin that this year..."'Its Personal"...heheee

So....who do you think is the best pure rusher then?

NM

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 06:01 PM

Larry Johnson recieving stats this year...
20 Catches 268 Yards 13.4 Avg

LT
19 Catches 110 Yards 5.8 Avg

That makes you wrong.

LT is amazing and all, but if you are going to use stats ...at least check first.

Oh yea, and LJ is nearly dead even with LT on rushing this year... and teams have been putting 8 or 9 guys in the box on LJ because of the backup QB situation. Which also means, we aren't in more of a passing scheme. We have to hand off alot because of our backup QB.

Hawk Believer
10-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Nope Trent Green is still out.

You get to face the almighty DAMON HUARD :jawdrop:

What is the word out there regarding Huard? Is he exceeding, meeting, or below Chief fan's expectations for what he has done given the situation? I am glad the guy is getting one more chance to take some snaps. He was a stand up guy who stuck it out with my Huskies when the program abruptly switched from being a National Champion to a probabtion team right after he was recruited.

Anyway, my impression of his NFL carreer has been that he is respected more for his qualities as a hardworker, teammate and having a good quarterback "intelligence" but that he never shown the ability to execute at a level where he could be "the man" for an NFL team. Just curious to hear what his rep is out in KC.

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 07:53 PM
What is the word out there regarding Huard? Is he exceeding, meeting, or below Chief fan's expectations for what he has done given the situation? I am glad the guy is getting one more chance to take some snaps. He was a stand up guy who stuck it out with my Huskies when the program abruptly switched from being a National Champion to a probabtion team right after he was recruited.

Anyway, my impression of his NFL carreer has been that he is respected more for his qualities as a hardworker, teammate and having a good quarterback "intelligence" but that he never shown the ability to execute at a level where he could be "the man" for an NFL team. Just curious to hear what his rep is out in KC.

Nearly everyone in KC is surprised. Many of us actually thought he really sucked and wanted to cut him. We actually had a "Damon Huard Apology" thread on chiefshuddle.com where we would post how wrong we were.

He's been very accurate and he may be saving our season.

SteelCzar76
10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Right now Alex Smith has just as much, if not more presence than Lil' Ben. Twice the TD's, half the INTs, and twice the rating.

You should concern yourself with NFC matters. You are no more than the class of maybe the the weakest division in the League. You SHOULD make the playoffs,.....but would be defeated with relative ease by the Bears (yet again) or the Eagles. Your mere presence here speaks volumes of your foolish bitterness and Jealousy. Do you not realize that we do not consider you a rival,.... or even worthy of thought unless your on the schedule ?
You covet our Tradition,.......covet our Legacy,.....while we don't think of you at all.
You're here now coward,..... to circle like a vulture,......but they're are no spoils here for you,.....we're not done.
You lost the SuperBowl because of ineptitude and lack of resolve. Simply put,....you did not earn it,....as we did. Bottom line,.....Man the F#ck up and give the victorious their due. And if not,........YOU take it from us,......as YOU were unable to do when it mattered the most.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Hawk Believer
10-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Nearly everyone in KC is surprised. Many of us actually thought he really sucked and wanted to cut him. We actually had a "Damon Huard Apology" thread on chiefshuddle.com where we would post how wrong we were.

He's been very accurate and he may be saving our season.

That's great to hear! I am really glad for the guy. I just hope he doesn't lead his team to victory when the Chiefs and Seahawks renew their old rivalry in the upcoming weeks:flap: .

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
That's great to hear! I am really glad for the guy. I just hope he doesn't lead his team to victory when the Chiefs and Seahawks renew their old rivalry in the upcoming weeks:flap: .

Is that game at arrowhead? If so, I think he will win. If not, I give the edge to the Seahawks.

tony hipchest
10-12-2006, 09:12 PM

NM :dang: to quote wedosesteelers:

First of all in my opinion ... Larry Johnson is Not the best pure rusher in the league right now...the best over all RB in the league is in San Diego...

reading comprehension, my friend...

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 09:27 PM
:dang: to quote wedosesteelers:

NM

First of all in my opinion ... Larry Johnson is Not the best pure rusher in the league right now...the best over all RB in the league is in San Diego...

reading comprehension, my friend...

See this is what makes you a troll Tony.

I asked a perfectly reasonable question to wedosesteelers and you have to butt in with your lame attempts at sarcasm, or whatever it is.

As it stands my reading comprehension is just fine, maybe yours isn't though.

There is a difference between the best pure rusher ie excluding passes caught and the best overall running back ie including passes caught.

Get your facts straight if you are going to stalk my posts.

NM

Hawk Believer
10-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Is that game at arrowhead? If so, I think he will win. If not, I give the edge to the Seahawks.

I believe the game is in your house. I think the Hawks are capable of winning there for sure, but we they have to play much better than they did in all their games so far excluding the Giant game. I am very curious to see how they play this week at St Louis. I think and hope they will begin to consistantly play entire games with focus from here on out after the embarrasment in Chicago. Maybe that debacle of a game will be the kick in the pants they needed to stop their underperforming. But if they play poorly in St Louis it will be awful for team morale. But we should still be in a good position for merely making the playoffs. Knock on wood.

MACH1
10-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Seattle's in a division of bottom dwellers all they need to do is win their division and their in. Must be nice to play Arz. and San fran twice a year, ought to be 4 automatic wins there.

Hawk Believer
10-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Seattle's in a division of bottom dwellers all they need to do is win their division and their in. Must be nice to play Arz. and San fran twice a year, ought to be 4 automatic wins there.

That part is nice. It would be nice to get home field again this year. But Chicago sure looked liek the real deal and their schedule isn't that much harder.

Preacher
10-13-2006, 01:19 AM
That part is nice. It would be nice to get home field again this year. But Chicago sure looked liek the real deal and their schedule isn't that much harder.

Hey... Hawk believer... Could you please answer me one question?

Why is it.. that all through the eighties, when my Steelers were terrible, and I grew up in Spokane Washington and thus ALSO routed for the Seahawks, THEY ALWAYS CHOKED!
Especially when... :jawdrop: Dave Krieg :jawdrop: was the QB.

Now, that I have moved away from Washington and get to watch my Steelers, NOW THE SEAHAWKS GET GOOD...

AND PLAY MY STEELERS IN THE SB!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY
:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

MACH1
10-13-2006, 01:27 AM
They only got good when they moved out of the AFC to the NFC where the lesser teams are. LOL :wink02:

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Hey... Hawk believer... Could you please answer me one question?

Why is it.. that all through the eighties, when my Steelers were terrible, and I grew up in Spokane Washington and thus ALSO routed for the Seahawks, THEY ALWAYS CHOKED!
Especially when... :jawdrop: Dave Krieg :jawdrop: was the QB.

Now, that I have moved away from Washington and get to watch my Steelers, NOW THE SEAHAWKS GET GOOD...

AND PLAY MY STEELERS IN THE SB!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY
:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

Yo man... we would welcome you back to the good side if you want. You just need to renounce your affiliation with the stealers and wipe your butt with that terribly ugly towel. These winning seasons and our upcoming superbowl victory are the fruits of the labor we endured all through the 80's and 90's when the hawks sucked.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-13-2006, 01:31 AM
They only got good when they moved out of the AFC to the NFC where the lesser teams are. LOL :wink02:

that is just ignorant.:flipoff:

MACH1
10-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Yo man... we would welcome you back to the good side if you want. You just need to renounce your affiliation with the stealers and wipe your butt with that terribly ugly towel. These winning seasons and our upcoming superbowl victory are the fruits of the labor we endured all through the 80's and 90's when the hawks sucked.

And they still do...After all those years of of getting your a** kicked by the AFC you should be used to it by now.

Preacher
10-14-2006, 05:44 AM

I was a Steeler fan LONG before I ever cheered for the Seahawks. Heck, I remember a time when I was surprised to learn that Seattle even had a team.