PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD THE STEELERS SIT BEN?

NV STEELERS 723
10-11-2006, 06:54 PM
First of all, Big Ben is a great QB..But I just don't think he's healthy enough to be himself in a NFL game.. you don't see him scramble anymore, and you never see him shake off a 260 pound linemen, and toss it down field ...he seems to me that he has lost his poise too...My arm chair opinion is to play Charlie, let Ben gain his weight and hopefully he will start to feel like the player he was the last 2 yrs.. I'm not "hating" on Ben... Ben is our future...But I just don't feel Ben is comfortable out there

Ok... let me hear it...

PS... are you guys taking a beating at work about our beloved STEELERS???? .. I sure am!!!!!

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-11-2006, 07:02 PM
send him back to U of Miami... ohio

pittsburgh$teelersfan
10-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Send that troll back to the seattle message board where it belong.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Send that troll back to the settle message board where it belong.

Send you back to 4th grade where you can learn how to spell.

Dynasty
10-11-2006, 07:37 PM
hmm I like how you add more spelling errors.... one is a typo. the other is you being an ass.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Back on subject
No Ben should not sit........
He is the future of our team........and will get back in the rythm of things but it may take soe time.........Remember...........The entire team is playing poorly right now.....

In Cowher We Trust
10-11-2006, 09:13 PM
i think they should see what charlie can do then decide

Ambridge
10-11-2006, 09:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/cannonball_sigcopy.jpg

Hey Asshat!!!:wave:

I did a little alteration of your sig that's a little more realistic.

BTW-It's bad enough the Seacranes play in a weak division with an equally pathetically weak schedule........when do they play their next tough game.........week 13 against the Broncos??

Nice game Hasselbeck had against the Bears.
A 39.7 passer rating along with a 45.7 completion rating.

Elvis
10-11-2006, 09:43 PM
BEN SHOULD NOT SIT....SHOULD NOT SITHE SHOULD AND WILL NOT SIT
SEAHAWKS....
The Bears and Panthers are the Seahawks worst nightmares...

Steelersfan4life0655
10-11-2006, 09:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/VaPa_Steeler/cannonball_sigcopy.jpg

Hey Asshat!!!:wave:

I did a little alteration of your sig that's a little more realistic.

BTW-It's bad enough the Seacranes play in a weak division with an equally pathetically weak schedule........when do they play their next tough game.........week 13 against the Broncos??

Nice game Hasselbeck had against the Bears.
A 39.7 passer rating along with a 45.7 completion rating.

:rofl: :rofl:

NV STEELERS 723
10-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey Ambridge....that was AWESOME!!!!!

Steelers
10-11-2006, 11:20 PM
BBBH,

I made you THE best sig ever. Everyone over on your board will be green-eyed with envy. Kind of like your team's logo... You can thank me later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/KaptainK0rn/seahawks_logo.gif

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-11-2006, 11:31 PM
The Bears and Panthers are the Seahawks worst nightmares...

Haha, we beat the crap out of the Panthers repeatedly, especially in the NFC championship game last year. We were celebrating at the second quarter because we knew we were going to XL.

As for the bears... the beat us, no big deal. It was a much bigger game for them than us. We had two O-linemen that didtn practice all week, our TE was out, and you all know the MVP is takin it easy until he is better. Plus, Holmgren tends to use a vanilla offense when he plays a team we might see in the playoffs because he doesnt want to show them too much.

But this forum isnt about my seahawks... it is about your steelers, with there QB that cant throw a TD, and your 1-3 record...

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/KaptainK0rn/seahawks_logo.gif

Now THAT is funny!!!! BTW those are tears of joy and laughter after I watched your sorry offense get creamed by Shawn Merriman.

augustashark
10-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Haha, we beat the crap out of the Panthers repeatedly, especially in the NFC championship game last year. We were celebrating at the second quarter because we knew we were going to XL.

As for the bears... the beat us, no big deal. It was a much bigger game for them than us. We had two O-linemen that didtn practice all week, our TE was out, and you all know the MVP is takin it easy until he is better. Plus, Holmgren tends to use a vanilla offense when he plays a team we might see in the playoffs because he doesnt want to show them too much.

But this forum isnt about my seahawks... it is about your steelers, with there QB that cant throw a TD, and your 1-3 record...

And you're making fun of other people for their spelling!:dang: :sofunny: :computer:

Dook
10-12-2006, 12:04 AM

Our 1-3 record? I think your wrong there. Our record is 5 lombardi's to your 0.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-12-2006, 12:20 AM
First off Ben should not be put on the bench,if he wasn't healthy enough he should not have been put in. Now that he's been put in let him play himself into shape.

BTW Ambridge that was very nice of you to treat the new Troll ,BBBH, to a new sig, just goes to show how nice we STEELER fans are !!

X-Terminator
10-12-2006, 01:31 AM
*sighs*

Why is this even an issue? You don't bench your franchise QB. Period.

And also...please don't feed the trolls. Thank you.

SteelCzar76
10-12-2006, 04:00 AM
*sighs*

"Nuff Said"

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

stlrtruck
10-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Ben plays regardless! As stated by others, he's our franchise QB.

HometownGal
10-12-2006, 08:40 AM
*sighs*

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner! :tt02: Ben is our QB and you stick with him- period.

It's fun feeding this troll, though. The more you feed "it", the weaker it becomes and the softballs it continues to lob are always a guaranteed 4 bagger! :sofunny:

SteelersWoman
10-12-2006, 09:02 AM
please don't feed the trolls. Thank you.

Too funny X T! :toofunny: (But good!)

That's why I never respond to those kinds of goads from trolls--firstly, they make little to no sense. Secondly, the more people answer them, the more they "think" they have to say, and then they just get so ridiculous it's laughable--other times I just sit here and shake my head and think "You've GOT to be kiddin me". They TRULY are not worth my time.

Still amazes me what the Green Eyed Monster does to [some] people though...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19ward86
10-12-2006, 09:09 AM
he can scramble he just isnt making good decidions any more

clarient
10-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Benching Ben might just be the fastest way to demoralize him for the entire season, and possibly jeapordize his career. We all know he's a big, tough guy, but when you carry the weight of the defending champions on your shoulders and you know that you're letting them down (and believe me, he has to know he's letting them down)... all I can picture in my head is Maddox last year, trying desperately not to fail the team in a time of need but just not being able to pull through. It's not all skill level.

Unless things start to get really bad, he definitely needs to be supported and challenged. We need to keep pressing him, but we can't let him falter. Tough love I think describes my opinion fairly well. :D

floodcitygirl
10-12-2006, 10:21 AM
NO!!!!!!! :tt02:

ARKIESTEEL
10-12-2006, 11:14 AM
nope

SteelerFanInCA
10-12-2006, 11:22 AM
send him back to U of Miami... ohio

Why is this dumb ass still around?

SteelerFanInCA
10-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Nope on the benching part. Ben will come around. I can't believe how fast people want to throw this guy under the bus. Give me a fricking break.

SteelCityPride
10-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Benching Ben would definately be the worst thing to do at this time. A QB's confidence is the only thing that gets and keeps him going. He needs to get this back ont rack and by being benched his confidence would be 0. I dont want to hear this any longer, please remember who the Steelers beat with batch, yes they were supposed to be amazing, but they are having a harder time than we are right now. not taking away anything owed to batch for a great performance, but we gotta stick with ben and instead of raising this question we need to be patting him on the back and saying get back in there kid, you'll make the throw next time.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-12-2006, 02:29 PM
HELL NO. As far as I'm concerned we sink or swim with Ben this year.

Just like a toddler on a bike. You fall. You get up and do it until you get it right.

In Ben's case...would you please just freakin' bolt out of the pocket downfield once in awhile. Either way you are going to get hit.

The guy who may need to sit is Max Starks :banging: if we had any depth.

shevdog
10-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Should the Steelers bench Ben? >>> Absolutely not.

If anything, there needs to be some work with the DB's and RB's. Improve those areas and you'll see vast improvements. If we run the ball more, near normal Steelers levels, Ben will be back in balance.

NV STEELERS 723
10-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I appreciate all the positive constructive feedback on my post...you all made some very good comments...I guess I just don't want Ben to "struggle" all season because he is one of my favs...I know all it takes is one "BEN" game and we will all lay off, and say "now we are going to win 7 straight games......which I don't think is impossible...

PS...I don't like the Chad Brown signing..

siss
10-12-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm behind Ben 70000000000%! IF we sit him now we will loose him come contract time.

Papillon
10-13-2006, 01:05 AM
The time to sit him was to never start him until the San Diego game. The horse is out of the barn now and you can't sit him now. He needed more time to recuperate, but, he didn't get it. I don't know why, but he didn't, it's not like the second and third games of the season were must win situations.

Papillon

Hines0wnz
10-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Was Terry Bradshaw ever benched? (only partially rhetorical)

No, you do not sit your franchise QB. He got himelf into the mess and as long as he is healthy he will play himself out of it. As long as the OC stops calling flee flickers at crucial moments in the game, especially when they wont fool the opposing D then he will get back to his "old" self.

Atlanta Dan
10-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Was listening to Chris Morternson on local Atlanta sports talk this afternoon (he lives in suburban ATL does a 15 minute segment on a local station every Friday p.m.) - Mort is not a Steelers basher but he says Ben simply is afraid of getting hit.

If that is the case (which I think has some truth to it, given how Cowher called Ben out before the Chargers game to run the d**n ball and Ben made no runs Sunday night) benching would not help and probably would hurt.

Just need to ride this slump out even if it creates a lost season. Steelers went over 20 years since having a top flight QB and do not want to give up on having one with Ben for several years.

steelcity58
10-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey...Bikerboy...Starbuck's, CATS, and the IGLHRC are behind the door you crawled into when you whined your **** *** in here.

Make a 180 and follow the signs that say "Losers Exit"...

Jeez...still can't believe their fans are in denial...

As for Ben and the Steelers...

He needs Cowher to kick him in the butt...

Put him back in the gun on 2nd down and any passing downs...

Quit being so predictable with your run calls...and pass calls.

I can tell exactly what they are going to do before they even get lined up most times this year.

Send Santonio and Duce to...well who cares...

Don't call gadget plays that don't make sense to anyone in the entire stadium...much less your own guys.

Cowher looks too contented this year...he needs to get his fire back...

Been a diehard fan, (since about 3 years old)...even though I live in another state.