PDA

View Full Version : MNF Bears-vs-Cardinals 10/16

Ambridge
10-11-2006, 08:26 PM
This has got to be the most lamest Monday Night game this early in the season that I can remember in recent history. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Sounds like an evening to do something more constructive with my time like re-reading my car owners manual or making an appointment with my dentist for a root canal.

boLT fan
10-11-2006, 08:32 PM
There's an easy 30+ for my fantasy team from that Bears D. :thumbsup:

Hines0wnz
10-15-2006, 03:07 PM
It's not lame if you are a Bears fan.

tony hipchest
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
thats why you gotta love fantasy football. my team needs a combined 17 points from edgerrin james and robbie gould. doable but not a given.

i wouldnt be in this position if my player randy mcmichael didnt drop an easy td, only to have my opponents player ronnie brown run it in on the next play. :dang: 12 point swing.

i will be watching with great interrest tonight.

sumo
10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
This has got to be the most lamest Monday Night game this early in the season that I can remember in recent history. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Sounds like an evening to do something more constructive with my time like re-reading my car owners manual or making an appointment with my dentist for a root canal.

DUDE!! -- you're killing me -- the Cardinals are the only other team I follow besides the Steelers because I lived in AZ for 12 years, was there when they arrived in '88 etc -- I started a thread a couple of weeks ago predicting that Leinart would get the start over Warner and he would be the next Big Ben -- Leinart against the Bears' D -- get pumped dude -- plus you can mock Cornheiser's do, and punch the wall in your TV room every time Theisman says anything...

LarryNJ
10-16-2006, 09:01 PM
It's actually a surpising game 17-0 Cards.

You gotta love Charles Barkley. I think they should launch Kornhieser and hire Barkley. I love his comments on TO! :lol:

Preacher
10-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Hmmm.... Going into half time and the cardinals are up by 17 points... and have been dominant on both sides of the ball.

Any Given Sunday!!

stillers4me
10-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Da Bears are gettin' spanked.......

Petesburgh66
10-16-2006, 11:04 PM
That was the second biggest choke job I have ever saw in the NFL. The Bears had no business winning this game.

24seven
10-17-2006, 01:41 AM
made for some good ol fashioned drama that's for damn sure.. specially greens post game comments.. he wins a daytime soap emmy on that one..

Preacher
10-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Hmmm.... Going into half time and the cardinals are up by 17 points... and have been dominant on both sides of the ball.

Any Given Sunday!!

WOW.... Well... I can't say I was wrong... Cards WERE dominant the first half... heck.. all the way through the third quarter. After that? Well..

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Haiku_Dirtt
10-17-2006, 02:15 AM
Beyond the fantasy and the huge money at stake on this game there is interesting football that happened tonight. Unless FOOTBALL isn't important anymore.

Even with the hapless showing by the NEW BEARS TEAM ELECT - as a Steeler Fan - I like to stick to fundamentals. I could hear the PARLAYS, office bets and 12 PICKS etc. fall into the ocean tonight like the Sunday morning Big Island coastline. Tough luck.

Okay football. 999 out of a 1000 would have predicted that the Edge would be the guy to take the pressure off the rookie QB.

YEAH. It's way too early. But Edgerrin James now knows what it is like to play with a QB who actually won something in college. And all game long it was the rookie who fell victim to poor play calling, an anemic run block scheme and a 'veteran' who wishfully exceeded 2 yards per rush. Leinart got dragged over the proverbial coals in the draft and during the holdout. And why? Too much press? You mean like Gino or (the list goes on).

This is one cool character. Very humble and a quiet leader - and yes uncomfortable in front of the camera. Primadonnas generally don't take an impossible 4th and 9 on the road in South Bend with a hysterical Fightin' Irish crowd screaming him down at the end of the fourth quarter and calmly call an audible for a 60+ yard reception to a sophomore.

SO WHAT ABOUT THE BEARS? I AIN'T BUYIN' IT. We beat them last on their turf. The better QB tonight is open to debate. Neither is BEN.

The early media PAPER TIGERS were the Falcons, Bengals etc.

Let's go Black and Gold. FUNDAMENTALS. :jammin:

HometownGal
10-17-2006, 07:11 AM
I sat here in total shock and disbelief last night watching this game. I adore Lovie Smith, but there is no way the Bears should have won that game. Their O totally stunk - it was their D who won that game. This did not look like the Bears of the past few weeks, most definitely. It was the Cards game to lose and they did just that. I could see the frustration on Leinart's and Edge's faces and the sheer anger on Dennis Green's face, as well. Urlacher was a beast and wasn't going to allow Edge to go anywhere, which pissed me off, as I have Edge on a lot of my FF teams - LOL! I think if Edge had it to do all over again, he would have taken a pay cut and stayed with the Dolts - at least there, he could utilize his skills behind a decent OL. Leinart is going to be a very good QB - he showed a lot of poise and patience last night, especially in the first half. It was great to see Kurt Warner trying to give Leinart pointers on the sidelines and encouraging him.

Ambridge
10-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Wow!!

This game came up unexpectedly HUGE.

The Cards blowing the Win was an absolute shame.
Neil Rackers the Cardinals kicker who hits practically all his Field Goal attempts misses a huge kick that would have won the game. He missed a makeable kick late in the game last week against the Chiefs that would have tied the game.

Did anyone catch the Denny Green post game PC??
It was carried live on ESPN and he let a few "Bullshits" slip out during his tirade.
A classic but understandable meltdown.

tony hipchest
10-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Wow!!

This game came up unexpectedly HUGE.

.funny how often the games that look like stinkers on paper turn out to be the best of the week. i thought this was a great game (especially if you like defense). the cardinal cb (green?) was absolutely clobbering people in the 1st half. and brian urlacher (new mexicos finest) completely took over the game late. i hope people get off this "hes overrated" kick they have been on.

he had the quote of the day after the game. when asked what made them able to come back he said something like "well they decided to quit blocking me so that was pretty easy", then laughed :chuckle:. i dont think it was a decision on the cardinals part. they just couldnt block him.

bears definitely deserved to win this game. oliver ross stood there confused as a dl ran right by him to force a sack/ fumble/ td. brian urlacher simply took the ball right out of edges hands. and devin hester made a hell of a return freezing 3 defenders in their tracks. it wasnt like when pittsburgh handed the game to the bengals. the bears defense and special teams flat out won the game by playing excellent in the 2nd half.

as good as the game was it was horrible watching e. james set an alltime record in futility. 36 carries/ 55 yds. (= 5 point fantasy loss) :dang: atleast 20 of the same plays with the same result. run straight into a wall for no gain. his longest gain had to be about 4 yards. it was like watching kordell stewart with the bears when they would call that same crappy qb draw up the middle, for no gain, over and over.

and the dennis green tirade afterwards was one for the ages, rivaling the ones from jim "diddly poo" mora. you can tell he dont like the bears.

PisnNapalm
10-17-2006, 08:57 AM
I was stunned... I don't think I've ever seen a team come from behind to win without scoring a single offensive touchdown.

The Bears dodged a HUGE bullet.