PDA

View Full Version : Chad Brown signed

Illinois Steel
10-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Read it on the steelers site
They have a link posted over there ,what do we all think about that?

Atlanta Dan
10-12-2006, 12:32 PM
I guess Ham and Lambert didn't return the Steelers' calls.

This does not sound good for our LB strength. Chad was a great player but he is washed up. At least he knows the defensive scheme.

P-G link here.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06285/729423-100.stm

Illinois Steel
10-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks for posting the link ATLANTA DAN
any other news on joeys hammy

RichmondVA
10-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Not surprised at all. Said it before and still beleive it... we are thin at quality depth in the LB area. Does anyone think our starting LB's are not getting the rest they need in the first half to sustain their intensity in the 4th Q?

Haiku_Dirtt
10-12-2006, 02:08 PM
It is a response to the Harrison injury. It's not like the signing is going to make things worse so why not.

ROYND1
10-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah I think he's just insurance.Nice to see him back though!! He's gonna wear 94 again also!!!:tt02:

19ward86
10-12-2006, 03:03 PM
we should call kendrell bell.......ok maybe not, but we can call plax, ok to be serious we dont need a guy that is 36yrs old even if he used to play for us. let arnold harrison play for james, or let kreiwadt play, or even rian wallace, if we were going to waist this money on an old dude we should of just kept randle el and JOHN KUHN lol.

shevdog
10-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Chad Brown... That brings back some memories of an almost Super Super Bowl. He was great in his prime. I don't exect any magic from him these days. He'll be a good backup player at best.

To bad we couldn't reserrect Kevin Green of Greg Lloyd from that era too! Image if we could combine the best of the Steel Curtain, the best of Blitzburgh, and the best of the Big Nasty D!!!! Unstoppable! (Of course I mean those players in their prime).

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-12-2006, 03:18 PM
We taught him how to be a winner. He should help out your LB core.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/football/nfl/05/11/bc.fbp.lgns.patscbrown.r/p1_brown_chad.jpg

stlrtruck
10-12-2006, 03:22 PM
It's not necessarily a bad move. Remember before he took off for Seattle, CB was a product of this system and knows how to have success in it. Maybe the plan is just to have him as fill in for the younger players!

I do agree that the younger players should get to play but we also need someone to be there just in case they go down and why not have someone that already knows the system.

stlrtruck
10-12-2006, 03:25 PM
We taught him how to be a winner. He should help out your LB core.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/football/nfl/05/11/bc.fbp.lgns.patscbrown.r/p1_brown_chad.jpg

Yeah that's why he went to the Super Bowl with Seattle.

Just out of curiosty do you have any ramblings that are actually related to this forum or are you just here to spew forth stupidity?

In all your posts, I haven't once seen anything showing that you have even a basic understanding of the game of football.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-12-2006, 03:30 PM
In all your posts, I haven't once seen anything showing that you have even a basic understanding of the game of football.

Well maybe you need to go back and read some of my posts... how bout the one where some fool said that KC has no DBs, and I corrected him.

Atlanta Dan
10-12-2006, 03:32 PM
I put our little buddy from Seattle on my ignore list, which I have now learned does not screen out posts that quote his nonsense.

I would suggest the sooner we all ignore him the sooner he will go away.

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Chad was a pretty big disappointment during his spell at the Patriots - I think we fought another team pretty close for his signature aswell (The Vikes I think)

Anyway, he was deployed at ILB in our 3-4 when he did get on the field at the start, but he failed to make an impact or demonstrate the talents you require at that position.

I guess he found himself there after Bruschi was unable to start the season and Ted Johnson retired right before the beginning of the year.

I then hoped he might be able to slot in for cover at OLB for Colvin and Vrabel - but again he didnt really show much.

I think he is a gamer - he does try - but he just doesnt appear to have it anymore.

Although maybe a return home will give him a spark to produce something special before he retires for good.

NM

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 04:35 PM
we should call kendrell bell.......ok maybe not, but we can call plax, ok to be serious we dont need a guy that is 36yrs old even if he used to play for us. let arnold harrison play for james, or let kreiwadt play, or even rian wallace, if we were going to waist this money on an old dude we should of just kept randle el and JOHN KUHN lol.

You can have Kendrell Bell back if you want.

tony hipchest
10-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I put our little buddy from Seattle on my ignore list, which I have now learned does not screen out posts that quote his nonsense.

I would suggest the sooner we all ignore him the sooner he will go away.the fact that hes pimping bengalbrian in his avitar tells us all we need to know about him. hes probably earning bengalbucks for every annoying post he makes, and extra bucks for a ban to take home as a red badge of courage.

tony hipchest
10-12-2006, 04:45 PM
You can have Kendrell Bell back if you want. i'd take him if hed play for 1.5 mil.

Elvis
10-12-2006, 06:09 PM
:coffee: STEELERS 21
SEATTLE 10
Chad Brown will be or could be the leader that this defense needs and maybe a team leader...thats all I am thinking'...

Hines0wnz
10-12-2006, 07:17 PM
You can have Kendrell Bell back if you want.

He reminds of me of "Glass Joe" from that boxing arcade game. Anyone remember the name of that game? :dang:

:flap: :flap: :flap:

:thumbsup:

BirdKC
10-12-2006, 08:02 PM
He reminds of me of "Glass Joe" from that boxing arcade game. Anyone remember the name of that game? :dang:

:flap: :flap: :flap:

:thumbsup:

Punch out!

X-Terminator
10-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Brown was signed for depth, and nothing more, and I can't see him being ready to play Sunday even if he does know LeBeau's scheme. I agree with the general sentiment that one or two of the young guys should be given a chance, because let's face it - he's washed up and signing smacks of desperation on the Steelers part, something we aren't used to seeing.

hardwork
10-13-2006, 02:39 AM
If you sign a few more Patriots retreads you might be able to put enough of a team together to get beat by us in the playoffs, again.

stlrtruck
10-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Well maybe you need to go back and read some of my posts... how bout the one where some fool said that KC has no DBs, and I corrected him.

Finally, ONE out of how many? Your percentage is about as good as Seattle's winning percentage in the Super Bowl.

Don't you have another MB to go troll?

Tankus_Maximus
10-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Greg Lloyd wasn't available?

SteelersFever
10-13-2006, 01:25 PM
I never wanted the Steelers to release Chad Brown. But, I guess he's a good temporary fix for the defense. He's old now, so who knows how effective he'll be.