PDA

View Full Version : how can this happen now?

19ward86
10-12-2006, 01:45 PM
first it was barret brooks, then colclough, and now porter,townshend, and i think keisel. guess what.... dan krieder is questionable for sunday. i read this on my fantasy news.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-12-2006, 02:00 PM
bring back kuhn

SteelCityPride
10-12-2006, 02:02 PM
If Kreider is hurt, i would say then that it will bring about mroe of the shorter passes. Since Willie wouldnt be as effective running the ball without his fullback, which they don't use all the time anyways, I think they will do a few more of the short swing passes to willie out of the backfield.

19ward86
10-12-2006, 02:04 PM
ill try to find an update on kreider real quick.

19ward86
10-12-2006, 02:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/injuries
before you read, this is just an injury report and it doesnt say anything about kreider except for probable.

Elvis
10-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Chicago 37
Seahawks 6:monkey:
The injuries happen every year... last year it seemed like we never had serious injuries like this, actually I dont remember having this many injuries in a small span like this in a very long time..

Atlanta Dan
10-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Chicago 37
Seahawks 6:monkey:
The injuries happen every year... last year it seemed like we never had serious injuries like this, actually I dont remember having this many injuries in a small span like this in a very long time..

Memories are short - in 2004 we lost our starting QB (Maddox) for the season in week 2, a starting CB (Scott) and nose tackle (Hampton) in week 6, our starting running back (Staley) in week 8, and effectively lost Burress for 6 weeks with a hamstring during a game (Bengals?) in November.

Injuries are part of the game - Seattle has lost Alexander for another week and the Jax defense has lost 2 talented starters for the year. Steelers need to deal with it.

19ward86
10-12-2006, 07:38 PM
hahaha, bad example, yet we had a fantastic year, we did NOT win the superbowl. i would rather the steelers go 9-7 and win the super bowl than for them to go 16-0 and lose in the championship game.

Stlrs4Life
10-12-2006, 07:55 PM
But he is correct. Injuries are part of the game. the backups need to step up.

tony hipchest
10-12-2006, 08:31 PM
But he is correct. Injuries are part of the game. the backups need to step up.agree. the seelers got into this 1-3 position with all the starters intact. if we were 4-0 i would have no concern with porter missing a game or 2. i have no concern now. the backups need to step up, and even more than that THE STARTERS NEED TO STEP UP!

Preacher
10-13-2006, 12:10 AM
You all are right. We have to play through it... However, for some reason, I just have this real ugly feeling that we are headed for a 2003 season...

Really, I wouldn't mind. After all, with Cowher no longer playing not to lose in the playoffs...

The next two years will see us winning the Superbowl.

Least, that is the history of the Steelers over the last few years. A bad year, two good years.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-13-2006, 12:39 AM
"how can this happen now?"

uhhh... karma?!?!
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060109wap_fbn_kimo_palmerPJ_230.jpg
http://home.skysports.com/images/playerpics05_06/Gallery/nfl_wildcard/palmer_knee.jpg
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/getty/56506411mc001_pittsburgh_st.hmedium.jpg

SteelersWoman
10-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Harrison's injured too--not sure for how long, just know he can be added to the list.

SteelersWoman
10-13-2006, 02:35 AM
uhhh... karma?!?!

Would you just give it a rest already!?!?! Players get injured. It happens. It's football--it's a rough sport, and guys go into it KNOWin what can happen.

Can you name ONE team that injuries HAVEN'T happened to????? In fact, I seem to recall that the Steelers had a very good starting QB injured before...

I rarely respond to trolls, but I'm just so sick of bengal fans (and team members) tryin to make it sound like they're the only one who's ever had an injured player, or tried to win games without them.

Trust me--we "GET" that you think Carson's the only one that's been injured--we "GET" that you THINK you'd have went on to win against the Colts AND the Broncos AND the Hawks at the Super Bowl if that just hadn't happened.

We're just sick of hearing it ad nauseum.

Stillers#1
10-13-2006, 02:49 AM

uhhh... karma?!?!
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060109wap_fbn_kimo_palmerPJ_230.jpg

Woah.......look at those fully extended arms from the bungles tackle....its almost like he ....is.....blocking......someone....into.....his .....QB....oh wait....he is.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Karma- the cosmic principle according to which each person (or in this case, team) is rewarded or punished in according to that person's previous actions.

Person 1: Why are all the Steelers players getting hurt?
Person 2: Karma, for talking excessive shit, playing dirty, and stealing the lombardi
Person 1: Oh yeah, what goes around comes around... no wonder we are 1-3.

wadester47
10-13-2006, 10:33 AM
I have to agree with lambert, our backups need to do their job. They have to do their job well. If not time to look for a better support system.

wadester47
10-13-2006, 10:35 AM
oh by the way seattle fan, get off our site.