PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pitt's passing offense

GoChiefs
10-12-2006, 04:25 PM
In watching your previous games with Big Ben, it seems that the Steelers almost exclusively used the shotgun formation to throw the ball, unless it was a play action pass.

Against San Diego it seemed to change a bit. The Steelers seemed to do more straight dropback passes with Ben under center.

Is this observation correct?

tony hipchest
10-12-2006, 04:51 PM
In watching your previous games with Big Ben, it seems that the Steelers almost exclusively used the shotgun formation to throw the ball, unless it was a play action pass.

Against San Diego it seemed to change a bit. The Steelers seemed to do more straight dropback passes with Ben under center.

Is this observation correct?what is correct is that EVERY 3rd down is in shotgun formation unless its 3rd and 1. pretty predictable, and pretty aggrivating. but the last 2 years it has also been pretty effective. this year not so great. on 1st and 2nd down he usually isnt in shotgun unless its a known passing down. i thin thats been part of the problem with their offens this year. they leave no guess work to the defense whether its gonna be run or pass. while that worked with jerome in his prime its not working so much now.

i would expect us to use more play action and throw with ben under center.

Elvis
10-12-2006, 06:20 PM
:eye: I think that we as a team need to get back to steelers football... and that is being physical and run oriented.. Our defense is still the physicaly intimidating but our offense run or pass isnt scaring anyone and I for one am just waiting on some one to be the leader on offense... its time for Big Ben to take this team over and show that he is a leader...:tt02:

Steelersfan4life0655
10-12-2006, 07:56 PM
:eye: I think that we as a team need to get back to steelers football... and that is being physical and run oriented.. Our defense is still the physicaly intimidating but our offense run or pass isnt scaring anyone and I for one am just waiting on some one to be the leader on offense... its time for Big Ben to take this team over and show that he is a leader...:tt02:

I have to agree......i was stressing this one yesterday. I think we should see what we can do with the big backs that we have and use them. Use Staley and Davenport, then bring in Parker. Just cant not use players and pay them for sitting on their asses doing nothing. I mean really what do we have to lose, nothing really gotta try a different forumla then what they have been doing lately. :tt02: