PDA

View Full Version : Trading for the loose cannon.

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Here is a good article by Bill Simmons - from ESPN's Page 2.

He brings a nice touch of humor to the ethics and tactics of trading for a certifiably loony, yet talented player.

Lets go Tysonic!

Enjoy

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061011

NM

augustashark
10-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Simmons sucks plain and simple.

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Simmons sucks plain and simple.

Ha!

You aren't a fan then Shark?

I dont mind him as a humorous, lightweight read - but each to their own I guess.

NM

augustashark
10-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Not much. I have the guys I like and the guys I don't. I like Zimm from SI. The usa today guys.....whoa......I don't care for those guys either.

Atlanta Dan
10-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Simmons shows luck can play a lot to do with a career. He went on espn.com in 2001 (after being "the Boston Sports Guy") just as the Sox and Pats went on their runs and his teams became the nation's teams for the first half of this decade..

His focus/obsession with Boston sports teams will presumably be a lot less interesting to read about as those teams inevitably come back to the pack (such as when he writes about the Celtics now).

He got rich off the 2004 Sox win by putting out an annotated anthology of his Sox columns (not exactly the sign of a writer with staying power) but I do not enjoy reading his too trendy for words musings as much as I used to and think he has jumped the shark.

Livinginthe past
10-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Simmons shows luck can play a lot to do with a career. He went on espn.com in 2001 (after being "the Boston Sports Guy") just as the Sox and Pats went on their runs and his teams became the nation's teams for the first half of this decade..

His focus/obsession with Boston sports teams will presumably be a lot less interesting to read about as those teams inevitably come back to the pack (such as when he writes about the Celtics now).

He got rich off the 2004 Sox win by putting out an annotated anthology of his Sox columns (not exactly the sign of a writer with staying power) but I do not enjoy reading his too trendy for words musings as much as I used to and think he has jumped the shark.

Hey that might explain why he doesn't like him either :wink02:

Just kiddin' Shark!

NM

augustashark
10-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey! That guy never jumped me!:sofunny:

Mosca
10-13-2006, 09:23 AM
I don't like the guy, but I enjoyed that article.

Tom