PDA

View Full Version : Chad Brown as Steeler again...what ya think?

Elvis
10-12-2006, 06:00 PM
:computer: So, now that the Steelers have signed Brown what does everyone think about the idea of him coming back? I like it that we got someone that kind of knows our defense alittle and maybe he can contribute some...

Elvis
10-12-2006, 06:02 PM
sorry , I didnt see that someone had already started this thread ..

steelfan 92
10-12-2006, 06:08 PM
i think that is fantastic, i loved chad brown when he was here. i wish we could have kept him before. it think he will help tremondously. gives us a little more depth a line backer. especially since peezy has the hammy injury.

19ward86
10-12-2006, 08:21 PM
u loved him when he was here, sorry dude but that was a decade ago. we backed up porter and haggans with late draft picks because we thought those guys had potential, i think arnold harrison should start... i think he is anyway since chad is just now getting here.

Stlrs4Life
10-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Liked him 10 years ago. He's not the same Chad Brown that was here before. If he was, the Pats would have kept him.

vader29
10-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Hopefully he can help them out in the short term. Glad to see him back in the black and gold, plus I can wear his jersey that I had stored away since he left. :smile:

NV STEELERS 723
10-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Chad left us for $$$$... there will never be the loyalty that the 70 STEELERS had...times have changed, but I just don't think he's gonna help... its 1 positon, not 11....I think we'll be ok..Our D is not that bad...its just not what we're used to...

GO STEELERS ..

I.C. Lights
10-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I see where you're all coming from but I don't think injecting some new life into the team will hurt us at this point.

steelcurtain09
10-12-2006, 11:18 PM
harrison is out wit an injury
is there ne1 behind him?

Stillers#1
10-13-2006, 03:08 AM
this is really funny since I just talked about him tonite. His jersey was the first that I had ever bought, and then he went to Seattle the next year. Oh well, his jersey is long gone now in my house.

stlrtruck
10-13-2006, 08:14 AM
I don't see why Chad can't be productive in this system again. I see him as a backup to the backups. I think that's why he was brought in, because he knows the system and he was successful in it again!!

HometownGal
10-13-2006, 08:20 AM
I loved Chad during his previous tenure here. Since he already is familiar with the system, this is a comfortable fit on both sides of the coin. At this point, with our depleted D, he can only help the team which I'm confident he will do. Welcome back Chad! :tt02:

sumo
10-13-2006, 03:29 PM
I loved Chad during his previous tenure here. Since he already is familiar with the system, this is a comfortable fit on both sides of the coin. At this point, with our depleted D, he can only help the team which I'm confident he will do. Welcome back Chad! :tt02:

I agree -- plus he's not injured for a change -- even if we can get 3-4 decent games out of him -- the guy has always been probowl material -- it's injuries that stalled his career - not poor play...

augustashark
10-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Chad left us for $$$$... there will never be the loyalty that the 70 STEELERS had...times have changed, but I just don't think he's gonna help... its 1 positon, not 11....I think we'll be ok..Our D is not that bad...its just not what we're used to...

GO STEELERS ..

It was'nt only $$. He wanted to play outside backer, but with who we had it did'nt make sense to him to stay here.

I did'nt blame him.

Welcome home Chad.

SteelerFanInCA
10-13-2006, 04:10 PM
If he can't help out physically well then maybe he might be able to mentor some of the younger LB's at least.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-13-2006, 04:12 PM
If he can't help out physically well then maybe he might be able to mentor some of the younger LB's at least.

Doubtful... Chad didnt really have that mentallity here in Seattle or New England.

stlrtruck
10-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Doubtful... Chad didnt really have that mentallity here in Seattle or New England.

Correction - Chad didn't have the system! But then again, I'm finding out that you really wouldn't understand that concept in football.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Correction - Chad didn't have the system! But then again, I'm finding out that you really wouldn't understand that concept in football.

What does the system have to do with a player's willingness to mentor younger guys? That was the mentallity I was talking about. Chad thrived in seattle's Def. scheme.

stlrtruck
10-13-2006, 05:18 PM
What does the system have to do with a player's willingness to mentor younger guys? That was the mentallity I was talking about. Chad thrived in seattle's Def. scheme.

Chad never thrived in seattle. PERIOD! He was half the man he was in Pittsburgh. The system has to do with everything in Pittsburgh. Not any player can fill the void there. Very few Steelers Def players have gone on to other teams with much success. Why? Simple, the system used their strengths and the other systems don't work that way!

But then again, I wouldn't expect you to understand that at alL!

Elvis
10-14-2006, 07:44 PM
:hug: :jawdrop: Heres to you steelerstruck... I agree though... a few good players here have went on to not have much of a career and LB Jerrol Williams is one that comes to mind for me... he went to the Chargers and never was much there.. of course he wasnt a Great player in Pittsburgh but he was ok...

Preacher
10-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Now that the game is over... He actually didn't do too bad in junk time... got a sack even. Good for him.

Stillers#1
10-15-2006, 08:37 PM

It's a shame seattles defense didnt thrive in seattles defensive scheme.

The JoKeR
10-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I loved it when he got the sack and what was left of the crowd went crazy for him! I still think he'll be a good backup. :tt02:

Blitzburgh
10-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Without question, Brown did well ... not great ... but considering he wasn't on a team a week ago, he did well. A good front office pick-up, he'll contribute