PDA

View Full Version : will be interesting to see

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-12-2006, 10:40 PM
if anything materializes from this "rumor."

STEELERS INTERESTED IN PORTER, MOSS
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

A league source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers are interested in trading for Raiders receivers Jerry Porter and Randy Moss.

We're told that the Steelers prefer Porter, primarily because he would come with a lower salary and less of a media circus.

Due to a contract that was heavy on bonus money, Porter's salary is only $1 million per year through 2009. Published reports indicate that the Raiders want Porter to refund $4 million of his eight-figure million signing bonus in exchange for his freedom.

Moss is signed through 2008, at salaries of $9.75 million and $11.25 million in each of the next two seasons.

Per the source, the Steelers believe that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's poor start has more to do with a less-than-impressive receiving corps than his June 12 trampoline routine off of a Chrysler. Hines Ward has a bad hamstring, Santurdio is inexperienced, Nate Washington is still growing into his role, and Cedrick Wilson is regarded within the building as soft.

So can a trade go down by the league's October 17 deadline? A lot would have to happen. But with the Steelers interested in either guy, they might be in the best position to get one of them.

And although the prevailing thinking is that any deal would involve one or more draft picks flowing out of Pittsburgh, we wouldn't be surprised to hear the name "Joey Porter" arise in any eventual trade talks. Porter has been unhappy with his salary, and there's a growing school of thought that Porter's desire to get paid has prompted him to abandon any genuine efforts to be a team leader.

augustashark
10-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Nice find IWTH.

We would have to give up at least one of our current players along with draft pick or picks. We have beat the "could we get moss" horse to death. I don't think it will happen (out on a limb there:wink02: ), but if it did happen you would not see me cry. IMO everyone on this board would be right there with me the first time Ben goes deep for 65yrds to Moss. Admit it.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-12-2006, 11:06 PM
you would not see me cry

I am waiting until your team ends up 1-15 for that to happen. :thumbsup:

augustashark
10-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Yea, but not like you when I stole your girl I mean sheep.

OX1947
10-13-2006, 01:10 AM
If the Steelers can work the money situation, get Randy Moss. Please God, let them get Randy Moss. Big Ben and Randy can run drills all day...

X-Terminator
10-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Moss still hasn't proven to me that he's gotten over being a headcase. I'd rather have Porter, especially since you know he'll be motivated to prove that he still has it.

stlrtruck
10-13-2006, 07:19 AM
I'd rather have neither of them. First Moss is a head case more so than the whining coach, team, and fans coming out of Seattle. Second, I think our WR core is fine with who we have. Yes, they've dropped some passes but that can be corrected but not by bringing in another WR.

HometownGal
10-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Moss is and always has been a malcontent. Given the team's present situation, the last thing we need in that locker room is a morale crusher. As for Porter - I wouldn't have a problem with him wearing the black and gold, as he could give us that much needed deep threat option at least until Santonio develops more.

There is another thread on this subject, so I replied to both. :smile:

19ward86
10-13-2006, 09:21 AM
i would love to have moss on the team, we tried to draft a lightning fast reciever to do our big plays this year and that has only worked out for an interception. but i know he is out of our reach and i can deal with jerry porter as our #2, and washington and holmes as our slot recievers. we can release wilson or trade him.