SteelersFever
10-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Title: With Doubts Swirling, It's Now Or Never For 1-3 Steelers
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: Ricky Dimon

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0664.html

Haiku_Dirtt
10-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Firmly believe that it all starts at the TOP - in business, sports and life.

"With Doubts Swirling" it would be shame that a loss this Sunday would turn the Steeler season into a debate about who is the HC next year.

I see a victory against a 'tenatively' newfound Chiefs team. The Rooneys and Cowher should have their 'damage control' schtick ready for primetime if I'm wrong. Because the HC DEBATE will be moved promptly to the frontburner.

HometownGal
10-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Very good editorial, SF - thanks! :thumbsup:

The Steelers must view this week's game and those that follow as do or dies. While a loss this week against the Chiefs would not eliminate the Steelers mathematically from the playoffs, it would be devastating considering the contests that make up the remainder of their schedule. A glimmer of hope here that stands out is that both the Bungles and the Rats have to play each other twice yet and the Steelers still have 5 divisional matchups left where they can make up some ground with wins, so all hope is not yet lost. I believe in this team and Bill Cowher, but the real question here is - do they still believe in themselves? This week at Heinz Field, we'll know the answer.

GO STEELERS! :tt02: :tt02:

Dook
10-13-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm usually optimistic. I can't see us losing to KC in Pittsburgh but we have so many key players out: Simmons, Townsend, Porter, Harrison, Reid, Ward injured... that it just seems like this year is not meant to be for us.

19ward86
10-13-2006, 02:27 PM
i dont believe it is now or never but is a game closer to week 7, the game against the falcons is the decider, if we lose we are 1-4 and that leaves room for a 11 game win streak to get into the playoffs. but if we lose next week we will almost not be able to beat out the bengals or ravens. i heard hines ward talking about how they need the taste of victory back in their mouths so they know what they are searching for, just wait if we dont get it done this week wait for the winning streak to begin next against the falcons.

SteelCityPride
10-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I know the situation sint so much do or die, but it is time to have a sense of urgency. I keep hearing reports from the Steelers and the guys seem soo relaxed all the way up to Cowher. I think it is time to start twisting that knob and getting atleast a little sense of urgency. Sure, they don't have to win, they could be 1-4 and win 11 games straight, but honestly, who wants to do that. Don't forget although the Ravens and Bengals are well ahead of us now, they still play each other twice, the Bengals play us once again and the Ravens still play us twice, so that changes things a lot.

Atlanta Dan
10-13-2006, 04:08 PM
If the Steelers lose to KC they will go from playoff possibility to spoiler.

This team is still capable of beating anyone in the league but at some point soon they will be deriving their satisfaction solely from busting up other teams (Ravens!) playoff hopes.