PDA

View Full Version : Plax

Blitzburgh55
07-15-2005, 01:47 PM
can randle and miller fill the shoes of plax i think they can

pitt
07-15-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm going to miss Plax. I think he was an important part of the offense.

LambertIsGod58
07-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't think so.

clevestinks
07-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Plax, didn`t have the heart, the speed, and the hands to be a number one reciever. With his size , if he had Hines Wards heart and determination, he would be great. Cedric Wilson , El, Cobb, and Gibson along with Hines should be a pretty damn good corp.

Prosdo
07-15-2005, 09:25 PM
I think our mix of receivers will do the job. I think Randle El will do well this year. Miller adds a new weapon at TE. Gibson has height which is something some of our other receivers don't have. He could possibly be the deep threat guy if he does well. Cobb looks promising. I am not too sure on Wilson. I have to do a little more reading on him.

SteelProven
07-15-2005, 09:36 PM
ARE doesn't need to put up huge numbers to make people say, "Plax who"? ARE just needs to put up 800-900 yards and that should silence a lot of critics. But in saying that H. Miller is going to have to be a inaugural part of the offense with him putting up 300-400 yards.

I liked Plax a lot and thought if we lost him we wouldn't be the same team. But I truly feel the Steelers are a now a more complete team w/o him. Now instead of a receiver crying for the ball. The Steelers will have a elite receiver surrounded by a good #2, good TE and decent 3rd, 4th and 5th options.

BB2W
07-16-2005, 02:45 PM
ARE doesn't need to put up huge numbers to make people say, "Plax who"? ARE just needs to put up 800-900 yards and that should silence a lot of critics. But in saying that H. Miller is going to have to be a inaugural part of the offense with him putting up 300-400 yards.

I liked Plax a lot and thought if we lost him we wouldn't be the same team. But I truly feel the Steelers are a now a more complete team w/o him. Now instead of a receiver crying for the ball. The Steelers will have a elite receiver surrounded by a good #2, good TE and decent 3rd, 4th and 5th options.

Well said, rep was given. :)

steelparrot
07-16-2005, 03:42 PM
the deep threat will be missed, but the droped passses will not be :)

Tha rock
07-16-2005, 03:48 PM
I actually like randel el alot better!!

bigbensgirl7
07-16-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree. I loved Plax, and for a while I was scared about losing him. He was a tremendous deep threat and I did like the guy. However, as time goes by...I'm really thinking he won't be missed that much. ARE needs to step up, but like mentioned earlier by SteelProven, he doesn't have to put huge numbers up! Miller should be able to make his presence known and add that extra option for Ben, and for a rookie I don't see the Steelers putting a lot on him, but when called upon, he will do what needs to be done.

VaDave
07-16-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't know guys, I think he was more than a little over rated. One thing for sure, he could not jump and catch a ball to save himself. Example, last years championsip game for one. Example number two, ever wonder why we didn't throw fade patterns in the end zone to this guy, or just tossing it up there? How often did you see him fight for a ball (other than his patented push of move)? How about his notorious lack of YAC? He just doesn't have it in him to be a top flight receiver. Starter quality? On most teams he would start. A player to take a team to the next level? No way.

Bring on the new guys. Our 4 round pick was awesome, and is going to make more than a few forget about Plax.

Prosdo
07-17-2005, 01:27 AM
Bring on the new guys. Our 4 round pick was awesome, and is going to make more than a few forget about Plax.

Gibson looks very promising. He is almost as tall as Plax and could probably be turned into the deep threat guy. Maybe not this year, but you never know. I think this guy is going to do well though.

SteelerFanInATL
07-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Yes, they will not give us the constant deep threat. We know that Randel El can get open, with the addition of Miller it gives Big Ben more options. When was last time we had a good pass catching TE. (Green, Cunningham, Grossman??) Neither one by themself will make a difference but the both of them together will make up for our loss of Plex.

STEELERDYNASTY
07-21-2005, 09:22 PM
I gotta admit Plax did make ALOT of big plays for us during the season until he got hurt.......I think Ben is gonna miss him

ironcitychef
07-22-2005, 01:43 AM
I think on their own the WR won't be a deep threat, but their decent speed and size along with Ben's ability to scrable and stay active will allow some to slip past defenders and let Ben throw those 60 yard "what happened" bombs over the defense. Don't know but sounds good so far...

Steel Fury
07-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Randle had more catches and yards than Plax last year. We still won when he was injured. And he had the potential to be a cancer in the locker room with his "me first" mentality. I know we may miss the deep threat but i don't mind seeing him go.