PDA

View Full Version : Little Carsons excuse thread...

meanjoecoop
10-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Only minutes after their dismal performance and loss to the Buc's the big bungal machine is hard at work making excuses. :blah: :blah: :blah:

:sign09:

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5585

TAMPA, Fla. - The undermanned, injury-riddled Bengals defense, without three starters that included the sudden loss of middle linebacker Brian Simmons before the game, held up in the 80-degree heat until the final 35 seconds when rookie quarterback Bruce Gradkowski?s eight-yard pass on fourth down broke their heart in a 14-13 loss Sunday here at Raymond James Stadium.

The play, to Bucs wide receiver Michael Clayton, was originally ruled incomplete as the ball fell out of his hands diving to the goal line but then got overturned on replay.

The Bengals, who lost left tackle Levi Jones, cornerback Tory James and wide receiver Kelley Washington to injuries during the long frustrating day, were also enraged by several calls. The most noteworthy came with 2:45 left in the game when defensive end Justin Smith sacked Gradkowski but was called for a roughing the passer penalty. The flag, the Bengals? 10th of the day, gave Tampa Bay a first down at the Bengals 25.

"I guess you have to cuddle him to the ground," said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis.

"I couldn't believe it," said Smith, who forced a fumble that was recovered by teammate Robert Geathers on the play. "That was the ballgame.

"It's a shock to everybody, except the guy who called it. He must have season tickets down here. It's pretty bad if you can't touch them. I wish I was a quarterback."

So does wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who had his first 100-yard day of the season with 102 on 10 catches.

"They ought to put a red jersey on him and touch him with two hands," Houshmandzadeh said.

But while the Bengals licked their wounds as they waited to hear further reports on Jones, James and Washington, they also know their offense missed several chances to keep the winless Bucs at bay.

After the game Lewis said the biggest disappointment is the failure to run the ball consistently after the Bengals gained just three yards on seven carries in the first half. Running back Rudi Johnson finished with just 52 yards on 17 carries.

"It gets back to the consistency," said Eric Steinbach, who played three different positions along the offensive line Sunday. "That's what we had all last year. This year we've got a different lineup each week. Of course that's going to affect the offense."

Following the questionable roughing the passer call against Smith, Gradkowski hammered in a 10-yard pass to Clayton over the middle. He then found wide receiver Joey Galloway for seven more, and looked to flip a first down pass to fullback Mike Alstott, but it was negated by a tripping call on offensive lineman Sean Mahan.

Facing a fourth down from the Bengals 8, Gradkowski muscled it over the middle to Clayton with Bengals cornerback Keiwan Ratliff draped on him at about the 2. With strong safety Kevin Kaesviharn closing, Clayton beat the defense to the imaginary pane of glass.

The Bengals bid for the winning field goal got blown up when defensive lineman Ellis Wyms sacked Palmer on second down and Shayne Graham was forced to try a 62-yard field goal that was short and wide right. The field goal attempt was one yard shy of the NFL record of 63 shared by Tom Dempsey of New Orleans and Denver's Jason Elam.

"The challenge there is not to try and kick as hard as you can," Graham said.

Lewis said after the game he thought the field goal try was a better option than trying to throw one more pass since there were only six seconds remaining.

stillers4me
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
The refs....the damn refs cost them the game..........I can hear it now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Blinkies/Waaaaahhhhhh-vi.gif

steelers07
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Only minutes after their dismal performance and loss to the Buc's the big bungal machine is hard at work making excuses. :blah: :blah: :blah:

:sign09:

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5585

TAMPA, Fla. - The undermanned, injury-riddled Bengals defense, without three starters that included the sudden loss of middle linebacker Brian Simmons before the game, held up in the 80-degree heat until the final 35 seconds when rookie quarterback Bruce Gradkowski?s eight-yard pass on fourth down broke their heart in a 14-13 loss Sunday here at Raymond James Stadium.

The play, to Bucs wide receiver Michael Clayton, was originally ruled incomplete as the ball fell out of his hands diving to the goal line but then got overturned on replay.

The Bengals, who lost left tackle Levi Jones, cornerback Tory James and wide receiver Kelley Washington to injuries during the long frustrating day, were also enraged by several calls. The most noteworthy came with 2:45 left in the game when defensive end Justin Smith sacked Gradkowski but was called for a roughing the passer penalty. The flag, the Bengals? 10th of the day, gave Tampa Bay a first down at the Bengals 25.

"I guess you have to cuddle him to the ground," said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis.

"I couldn't believe it," said Smith, who forced a fumble that was recovered by teammate Robert Geathers on the play. "That was the ballgame.

"It's a shock to everybody, except the guy who called it. He must have season tickets down here. It's pretty bad if you can't touch them. I wish I was a quarterback."

So does wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, who had his first 100-yard day of the season with 102 on 10 catches.

"They ought to put a red jersey on him and touch him with two hands," Houshmandzadeh said.

But while the Bengals licked their wounds as they waited to hear further reports on Jones, James and Washington, they also know their offense missed several chances to keep the winless Bucs at bay.

After the game Lewis said the biggest disappointment is the failure to run the ball consistently after the Bengals gained just three yards on seven carries in the first half. Running back Rudi Johnson finished with just 52 yards on 17 carries.

"It gets back to the consistency," said Eric Steinbach, who played three different positions along the offensive line Sunday. "That's what we had all last year. This year we've got a different lineup each week. Of course that's going to affect the offense."

Following the questionable roughing the passer call against Smith, Gradkowski hammered in a 10-yard pass to Clayton over the middle. He then found wide receiver Joey Galloway for seven more, and looked to flip a first down pass to fullback Mike Alstott, but it was negated by a tripping call on offensive lineman Sean Mahan.

Facing a fourth down from the Bengals 8, Gradkowski muscled it over the middle to Clayton with Bengals cornerback Keiwan Ratliff draped on him at about the 2. With strong safety Kevin Kaesviharn closing, Clayton beat the defense to the imaginary pane of glass.

The Bengals bid for the winning field goal got blown up when defensive lineman Ellis Wyms sacked Palmer on second down and Shayne Graham was forced to try a 62-yard field goal that was short and wide right. The field goal attempt was one yard shy of the NFL record of 63 shared by Tom Dempsey of New Orleans and Denver's Jason Elam.

"The challenge there is not to try and kick as hard as you can," Graham said.

Lewis said after the game he thought the field goal try was a better option than trying to throw one more pass since there were only six seconds remaining.

Is this all the Bengals players can talk about? I mean they never blame themselves for the problems they have on the field. Their defense sucks agains the run they are rated 30the in the NFL. Yet Marvin sits there and trys to talk shit about cuddling a Quarterback? get out of here with that SHI*. They blame everything on missing key players and all that dumb sh*t. We were missing our QB in the first game against Miami and Won, We were missing Joey Portor on our Defense tonight and WON!!! Ya know it's sounds like they are making excuses to keep the fans happy and hoping next season their stadium sells out! In almost every game the bungholes have been outplayed but some how manage to win off of some really big mistakes. I guess we will see how they rank up next week with Carolina because based on they way they have been playing the past few weeks Carolina is bound to have another win next week. I am sure though that Marvin and BUNGHOLES will come off with some excuse like "cuddling a QB" made them lose the game. :wave: BUH BYE SISSYNATI!!!

GO STEELERS!!

stillers4me
10-15-2006, 07:57 PM
From a Bungles forum.....

What best describes your feelings on the officiating in Bengals games this year??

Take off the orange-colored glasses - we've had calls go for us and against us this year [ 1 ] [3.85%]
We've had some bad luck and been on the short end of some calls, but then that's football [ 8 ] [30.77%]
The refs are *******s who don't like to see the Bengals do well and keep them down when they see a chance [ 9 ] [34.62%]
The refs are following an NFL mandate to help their higher-revenue teams into the playoffs [ 8 ] [30.77%]

Bunghole#1....The more I think about it and the more I watch the more I feel that the games are compromised, whether it be the refs or the mafia or the NFL the games are definitely compromised.

Helen Keller could see thats its fixed

Bunghole #2......I wonder how much of this is retribution for Mike Brown not voting for the new commissioner Roger Goodall?

may be a stretch but something is going on

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
10-15-2006, 09:22 PM
bwaa haaa haaa..I love it. Typical whinning lil bitchy Bungles. Some things never change.

HometownGal
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Awwww.....boo frickity hoo. Cry me a river. :crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

When I see shit like this stated by NFL HC's, it makes me all the more proud that our Steelers have a HC who doesn't make excuses for losing and places blame where blame is due.

MattsMe
10-15-2006, 09:39 PM

Once again, Marvin shows his true self, a whiny classless bitch. It doesn't matter if the call was good or bad, the head coach making a comment like this is pathetic. It's almost as bad as as his comments on Carson's injury after the playoff game last year. "There's no reason to cry about like their guy did." Grow up coach.

Tankus_Maximus
10-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Holy Censorship Batman!! HTG dropped an "S" bomb here!! You know she's upset when she starts swearing!!

CantStop85
10-15-2006, 09:56 PM
The call in question was a completely retarded call and very well could have cost the Bengals that game. However, the Bengals should have beaten the Bucs early on in the game and they failed to do that. They also failed to keep the Bucs out of the endzone on 4th down. They had their shots and didn't take advantage of them...the Bengals didn't deserve to win that game.

Dynasty
10-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Hahahh..... they lost to the bucs. and we blew out the chiefs. and that amuses me.

Yeah... just had to get that off my chest.

Tankus_Maximus
10-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah it does feel GREAT to know that Caution couldn't get the job done against the lowly Bucs....but we were able to wipe our asses with the Cheaps. It's good to have the proper order of the universe back in alignment.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-15-2006, 10:05 PM
our Steelers have a HC who doesn't make excuses for losing and places blame where blame is due.

I hope you are being sarcastic... Coward has been making all kinds of excuses the last 3-4 weeks.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-15-2006, 10:06 PM
The call in question was a completely retarded call and very well could have cost the Bengals that game. However, the Bengals should have beaten the Bucs early on in the game and they failed to do that. They also failed to keep the Bucs out of the endzone on 4th down. They had their shots and didn't take advantage of them...the Bengals didn't deserve to win that game.

Dont worry man... last year at this time we were 3-2. Sometimes it takes a tough loss like this to wake the team up... you guys will take home the division title.

Tankus_Maximus
10-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Please point out where Cowher's made excuses. The next time he makes an excuse will be the first time.

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Please point out where Cowher's made excuses. The next time he makes an excuse will be the first time.

Uhhh, there is an entire thread about it...
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10865

stillers4me
10-16-2006, 05:23 AM

Good call CS85. Exactly how I feel about our loss to the Bengles a couple of weeks ago. We wrapped up the football and handed to you, even dropped it right at the endzone and said, "here, we didn't want to make work for this one."

That intereception that wasn't an intereception that actually turned back into an interception the next day in Indy almost cost us a World Championship. It happens, but man............thank the football gods we made it happen anyway.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-16-2006, 05:26 AM
I hope you are being sarcastic... Coward has been making all kinds of excuses the last 3-4 weeks.

Listen helmethead...your coach is the Posterchild for whining and placing blame:

In the wake of the Seahawks' 21-10 loss to the Steelers in Super Bowl XL, Holmgren was perturbed with a number of calls that did not go his team's way, prompting him to say: "We knew it was going to be tough going up against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts, as well." :crying01:

Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren resigned from the NFL's Competition Committee on Friday. There is speculation that Holmgren's decision to resign is related to the officiating in Super Bowl :crying03:

Holmgren, one of eight members of the league's competition committee that oversees rules and game operations, had apologized on Wednesday, saying he "kind of messed up" when he divulged NFL opinions in regard to what Holmgren protested as officiating mistakes made during last Sunday's overtime win over the Giants. :shake01:

Complaints by coach Mike Holmgren about the noise at the Minneapolis Metrodome could lead to a decibel decrease at the Minnesota Vikings' home games. In a letter to the NFL, Holmgren deplored referee Phil Luckett's refusal to quiet the crowd in the fourth quarter of Green Bay's 28-14 loss at Minnesota two weeks ago. :bs:

In the past two weeks, Seattle coach Mike Holmgren and Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher have voiced concerns about the officiating.
Holmgren complained about a late touchdown catch by Dallas' Keyshawn Johnson that was clearly out of bounds in a Seahawks loss. :binky:

Team coach Mike Holmgren also complained that vendors in the stands were much more aggressive about selling Pittsburgh Steeler towels than they were at hawking Seahawk towels. :hunch:

Bad officiating...Bad background noise...Bad vendors?...21,800 hits on google for "Holmgren complained"

The only thing more pathetic than the seahawks whiney coach ..is their whiney fans!!!

meanjoecoop
10-16-2006, 07:47 AM
The only thing more pathetic than the seahawks whiney coach ..is their whiney fans!!!

:sofunny: ROFLMAO :sofunny:

HometownGal
10-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Uhhh, there is an entire thread about it...
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10865

You are a total nar-nar. :screwy: That thread was nothing more than a bunch of made-up bullshit by you and the other green weenies who permeate this board. Find me a direct quote by Cowher where he has made any type of excuse for the team's play in the first three weeks of the season and then come back here and bray like a jackass.

Tankus_Maximus
10-16-2006, 09:21 AM
There wasn't 1 mention of Cowher making excuses. Not one. C'mon man..ya gotta do better than that. I catch just about every press-conference, radio interview the man does....he does NOT MAKE EXCUSES.

HometownGal
10-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Holy Censorship Batman!! HTG dropped an "S" bomb here!! You know she's upset when she starts swearing!!

Da Bungles made me do it. Ruh roh - sorry - that's an excuse. :wink02:

I don't get upset easily but when I do, the dreaded "F" bomb just might rear its head. :jammin:

SteelerFanInCA
10-16-2006, 11:53 AM

Definitely have your head up your a s s.

emmysDAD
10-16-2006, 02:32 PM
You know before our game agaisnt them this year I had no hate for the bungles.
Actually I felt a bit like a big-brother watching his little brother try to emulate big Bro.
Kinda like "aw they think they are good, that's cute" attitude you know? But now I am just more embarrassed that they are in our Div. Talk about Overrated...As I look at it now, I feel like the Steelers are the best 2-3 team out there, and the bungles are the worst 3-2 out there. When we played them, we Out played them. They can not Stop the run(Steelers or any other teams), they're "amazing comeback story" QB isn't putting all his weight on his left leg when passing, something that is eventually gonna hurt him. And when did the Steelers-Bengals match-up become one of the Greatest Rivalries in the NFL as the TV commentators stated about 20 times in the game a few weeks back

BengalBrian
10-16-2006, 02:50 PM
How original.. lol

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Lets all sit back and watch the excuses fly when the been-gals lose to Carolina next week!!!!:tt02: :tt02:

1) If only our key players werent incarcerated....
2) ...bad calls..BAD CALLS!!!!
3) The shooter from the grassy knoll stole a spaceship from Area 51, joined the right wing and made up stories about Clinton and whitewater...all with the NFL's intend to make sure Carolina would win the game...:blah: :blah: :blah:

ARKIESTEEL
10-17-2006, 06:16 AM
The #1 reason the bungles will get whipped is the fact 90 year old ladies could gain 4.5 yards per carry on that D.

The #2 reason is that they suck

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2006, 06:24 AM
The #1 reason the bungles will get whipped is the fact 90 year old ladies could gain 4.5 yards per carry on that D.

The #2 reason is that they suck

I think they actuallly accused my grandmother of rolling into Carsons leg last year:tap:

ARKIESTEEL
10-17-2006, 06:27 AM
Its funny Carson is now afraid of fat dudes but not fat chics:dang: