PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben..Victim of Identity Theft...The OTHER Big Ben..

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
07-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Big Ben is the victim of identity theft! Haha, check it out! http://kdka.com/local/local_story_196155150.html <the link to the page!

How could someone mistake him for BEN ROETHLISBERGER! Are you that oblivious!?

WOW!

~AllAmer~

figg
07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
that is too funny lol

BB2W
07-15-2005, 05:48 PM
:screwy: What a freak!

clevestinks
07-15-2005, 06:00 PM
That was funny!!!

figg
07-15-2005, 06:03 PM
even funnier was the women who bought it :D

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
07-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Haha, exactly figg! I couldn't believe she bought it either!

~AllAmer~

Prosdo
07-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Wow how did the lady mistake him for Ben? Jeez lol

Go_Cats
07-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Why is it, the other big ben? You lost me

Stlrs4Life
07-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Just read the story, here is what is posted at Yahoo:

Police: Man impersonated Roethlisberger, St. Pierre to get dates

By JOE MANDAK, Associated Press Writer
July 15, 2005
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Police have flagged a man for an illegal quarterback sneak.

Authorities said Brian Jackson, 31, dated two women by pretending to be Pittsburgh Steelers quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger and Brian St. Pierre.

Jackson, arrested Friday, was charged with harassment for allegedly continuing to contact both women after they learned of the ruses. He was also charged with criminal mischief for allegedly ruining a Steelers jersey owned by one of the women's neighbors when he signed his worthless rendition of Roethlisberger's autograph on it. The jersey was worth $75 before it was signed, police said.

Jackson and his attorney, Paul Boas, declined comment after he was arraigned in Pittsburgh City Court and released on an unsecured bond Friday. Boas again declined comment when reached at his office. Jackson faces a preliminary hearing July 25.

The team didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

In one of the scams, Jackson arrived at the woman's home on July 6, gave her an autographed football and pretended to be Roethlisberger, signing the neighbor's jersey, authorities said.

When she got home from their date that night, the neighbor brought her a newspaper article and told her that the man wasn't Roethlisberger.

Allegheny County police said Jackson pretended to be St. Pierre, the third-string quarterback, when he met a woman last September. She told police that during the three weeks they were in contact, Jackson often talked of his ``teammates'' and offered to autograph footballs for neighborhood kids. Jackson also told the woman to watch Steelers games so she could see him when he went into the game, police said.

When the woman did watch a Steelers game, she saw the real Brian St. Pierre on the screen and realized that Jackson was an impostor, police said. Jackson tried to explain to the woman that he looked ``different'' on TV, but she asked him not to contact her, police said.

Livinginthe past
07-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Only in America eh? Just seen a story on ESPN about how some guy has made chumps out of a couple of women in the Pittsburgh area by pretending to be not just one Pitt QB...but TWO!

Just goes to show what sort of depths man will go to in order to get lucky.

Regards

NM

bigbensgirl7
07-16-2005, 08:29 AM
lol...Yah, some guys will do just about anything...but I guess that's because there are some stupid girls out there that will fall for it at the same time. (Note: this doesn't work on all girls...so don't try it at home lol)

bengalsfan21
07-16-2005, 08:45 AM
lol...Yah, some guys will do just about anything...but I guess that's because there are some stupid girls out there that will fall for it at the same time. (Note: this doesn't work on all girls...so don't try it at home lol)

:idea: Umm Amanda I am really Ben Roethlisberger....I was thinking maybe we could catch a dinner and a movie...I could do some autographs for ppl and what now....what do you say?? Pick you up at 8... ;)

bigbensgirl7
07-16-2005, 08:52 AM
lol...hahah good try...doesn't work on me though...sorry!

bengalsfan21
07-16-2005, 09:06 AM
lol...hahah good try...doesn't work on me though...sorry!

:hypno: :hypno: :hypno: After looking at this does it work

pitt
07-16-2005, 10:24 AM
I can't beleive how stupid those women were. The news showed pictures of this idiot posing with two men and signing football shirts for them too. Ben has his picture on the news for some reason just about every other day. How could you not know what he looks like.

ironcitychef
07-16-2005, 10:32 AM
you'd be amazed how they go crazy for the accent and the name St. Pierre though.

Tha rock
07-16-2005, 01:22 PM
Here is a link, LOL
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3764354

Blitzburgh55
07-16-2005, 03:28 PM
thats very funny

ironcitychef
07-17-2005, 11:51 AM
I just heard that he was also passing out his own footballs to kids in the neighborhood? Man thats a lot of cash to keep pouring out. My question is enough about the guy, lets see the woman that caused him to act like this.

Prosdo
07-17-2005, 02:38 PM
I just heard that he was also passing out his own footballs to kids in the neighborhood? Man thats a lot of cash to keep pouring out. My question is enough about the guy, lets see the woman that caused him to act like this.

Very true. I want to know what woman believed that was Ben Roethlisberger lol

ironcitychef
07-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah I guess after he told he was BStP, she watched the game, realized it wasn't the same guy, and he still tried to convince her. Also, I tend to think that the women in the 'burgh area are pretty knowledgable with their sports figures, so this ploy was a longshot to begin with.

bigbensgirl7
07-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I agree...esp. when it comes to the Steelers since they are such a big part of the city. Not to mention, if you knew nothing about football, the Steelers, and the players...you can always look it up on the internet!

Prosdo
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I agree Chef. Mostly everyone I know watches the Steelers games. In Pittsburgh after the 2004 season the majority of people can pick out Big Ben. Also BBG7 is right. If you were not familiar with what Roethlisberger looked like why wouldn't you look it up to make sure you weren't getting fooled.