PDA

View Full Version : I love the smell of spoiled milk in the am...

meanjoecoop
10-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Ahhh, there is a strong odor of spoiled milk in the Cincinnati air this morning. Yes, the sour, excuse-laden air is thick. It sits like a blanket of fog over Cincinnati.

The silence is deafening, not a “who dey” to be heard. Only the sound of paper shuffling, as the house of cards that is the bungals begins to fall apart. We saw it in week 15 last year, we're seeing it in week 5 this one.

The wheels on the bandwagon have suffered a 2nd flat in as many weeks. The sound of air rushing from the other two is getting louder and what’s worse is that there are no spares on this wagon.

HometownGal
10-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Ahhh, there is a strong odor of spoiled milk in the Cincinnati air this morning. Yes, the sour, excuse-laden air is thick. It sits like a blanket of fog over Cincinnati.

The silence is deafening, not a ?who dey? to be heard. Only the sound of paper shuffling, as the house of cards that is the bungals begins to fall apart. We saw it in week 15 last year, we're seeing it in week 5 this one.

The wheels on the bandwagon have suffered a 2nd flat in as many weeks. The sound of air rushing from the other two is getting louder and what?s worse is that there are no spares on this wagon.

LMAO! :toofunny: I hope you're wearing your Steelers gear 24/7 to let that bandwagon brigade in on a little secret - - - the World Champs are BACK! :tt02:

ARKIESTEEL
10-16-2006, 08:44 AM
They are all blameing the roughing the passer call

Tankus_Maximus
10-16-2006, 09:17 AM
So if they're not blaming Kimo, they're whining about that roughing the passer call...Justin Smith should've let go of him after he was down. Cheatin bastards.

SteelerFanInCA
10-16-2006, 11:45 AM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

stillers4me
10-16-2006, 06:15 PM
I give them 2 more losses and all the Bunghole gear in the stores will be 50% off. And I'll be right there with my handy dandy digital to share it with you!!!

stillers4me
10-16-2006, 06:17 PM
I didn't hear a peep out of anybody all day at work.......they all wore their Bengals shirts on Friday and were passing around a picture of a bulldog in a Bengal shirt beside a Steeler helmet with doggie doo on top.

Who's got dogsh$t on their helmets now????????

It's just no fun gloating when the kitties won't come out and play.

Stlrs4Life
10-16-2006, 07:11 PM

The silence is deafening, not a ?who dey? to be heard. Only the sound of paper shuffling, as the house of cards that is the bungals begins to fall apart. We saw it in week 15 last year, we're seeing it in week 5 this one.

The wheels on the bandwagon have suffered a 2nd flat in as many weeks. The sound of air rushing from the other two is getting louder and what?s worse is that there are no spares on this wagon.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :flap:

PisnNapalm
10-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Well... I finally saw that very questionable "Roughing the passer" call from the Bengals/Bucs game.

As much as I hate to say it, the Bungholes got shafted on that call. Inside they're probably happy about it though because it reamed them out good. ;o)

Seriously though.... That was a shitty call.

meanjoecoop
10-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Well... I finally saw that very questionable "Roughing the passer" call from the Bengals/Bucs game.

As much as I hate to say it, the Bungholes got shafted on that call. Inside they're probably happy about it though because it reamed them out good. ;o)

Seriously though.... That was a shitty call.

Yeah, but it couldnt have happened to a better team.

Maybe the NFL will issue a conciliatory statement that it was a bad call, like they did for Troy?s interception during the play off?s that was ruled incomplete.

That might make them feel better???:crying01:

SteelersWoman
10-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Maybe the NFL will issue a conciliatory statement that it was a bad call, like they did for Troy?s interception during the play off?s that was ruled incomplete.

That might make them feel better???:crying01:

I doubt it. They don't think that it happens to anybody else--same as 'Hawks fans. It only happens to their teams.

Thing is--we'd played well enough in the game against Indy to still win, regardless of a totally blown call. And in MY mind, ruling Troy's interception as an incomplete was MUCH worse than a 15 yard penalty against the Bengals.

So that goes to show--if you've played the rest of the game well enough--you can still pull it off even after a blown call. Some teams don't play well enough to overcome one--they then like to lay the blame at the feet of the refs--that way they don't have to shoulder the responsibility, since it wasn't theirs :smile:

But I watched Mike Perara's (sp) take on roughing the passer calls though, and he says that they WILL err on the side of caution when it comes to protecting the QB, and he makes no apologies about penalties on it. He said the area(s) of the body, and even the angle they can get hit at are growing smaller and fewer. He also said that the players are warned about it before every game. So if the Bengals are waiting for an apology, they'll be waiting a long time.

floodcitygirl
10-18-2006, 09:50 AM

Seriously though.... That was a shitty call.Yep...bad calls happen to every team. Maybe when the Bengals begin to recognize that when you hire people who act like thugs off and sometimes on the field, others really do begin to see you that way. :hunch: