PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss a Steeler?

section514
10-16-2006, 10:45 AM
My roommate heard a rumor that the Steelers are interested in aquiring Randy Moss this season, I told him there ain't no way the rooneys would pay or deal with his attitude.

anyone hear anything like this?

Btrice
10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
I think his attitude would change if he was on a consistently winning team (No I dont count his days with the Vikes), but I think the major issue would be his salary. He's owed something like 5 mill this year and like another 20-some million over the life of his contract. I don't think we could afford it.

I'm not sure we really really need him right now anyways. I'd like to give our current core more time to shine, they did pretty decent yesterday.

ncoolong
10-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Wouldn't want any part of him at all...and we couldn't afford him. He's a loser, and will always be a loser. The NFL hiding him in Oakland is one of the better aspects of the league.

Stlrs4Life
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
This rumor is brought to you by Pro Football talk.com They are terrible.

emmysDAD
10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
This rumor is brought to you by Pro Football talk.com They are terrible.

hi everyone I am new to this place, but I wanted to say, to further the rumor that to get Moss the rumor is we are going to give up Joey Porter...Is that crazy or what?

SteelCurtain
10-16-2006, 02:31 PM
i don't see us giving up joey porter, yes both the harrisons are good backups and possibly could start for other teams(well atleast james), i don't see us gettin rid of porter...we aren't desperately needing a good wide receiver and moss is way too expensive and the steelers don't really like guys of his nature and attitude(maybe im wrong...holmes??)...that said i honestly wouldn't mind seeing moss playing for us, it would be amazing to see what our offense could do with him..imagine holmes(who i think will be the no. 2 by the end of the season) and especially ward could do with him there...moss would get double coverage allowing ward and holmes to get open quicker and more often

19ward86
10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
we are NOT going to sign him, mostly after yesterdays game. our recievers are in tune with ben and the throws are right on the money, you just watch and see how much better roethlisberger will end up being by the end of the year.

emmysDAD
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
The guy who sits next to me at work says the Steelers Recieving corp is weak, and we are the only team who doesn't have a tall reciever, he thinks it is a good idea to get Moss here...

HometownGal
10-16-2006, 03:01 PM
The guy who sits next to me at work says the Steelers Recieving corp is weak, and we are the only team who doesn't have a tall reciever, he thinks it is a good idea to get Moss here...

Hmmmm - me thinks your work mate didn't watch the game yesterday. Our mighty midgets amassed over 200 receiving yards against the Chiefs' D, and that's not including passes caught by Parker, Haynes and Heath Miller. They also scored 2 TDs. You may want to enlighten him. :smile:

I think this is a moot subject anywho, as the Steelers would never pay him his asking price and we don't need a grim reaper in that lockeroom.

emmysDAD
10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Hmmmm - me thinks your work mate didn't watch the game yesterday. Our mighty midgets amassed over 200 receiving yards against the Chiefs' D, and that's not including passes caught by Parker, Haynes and Heath Miller. They also scored 2 TDs. You may want to enlighten him. :smile:

I think this is a moot subject anywho, as the Steelers would never pay him his asking price and we don't need a grim reaper in that lockeroom.

No doubt, I think it's just a ridiclous rumor anyhow...
and the mate next to me is a Giants fan

section514
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
if we do get him, the city of pittsburgh and thier fans would put him in his place, hines ward would dominate him, peezy would kick his ass, and alan wouldn't put up with his shit either

emmysDAD
10-16-2006, 03:20 PM
if we do get him, the city of pittsburgh and thier fans would put him in his place, hines ward would dominate him, peezy would kick his ass, and alan wouldn't put up with his shit either

there you go!

HometownGal
10-16-2006, 03:28 PM
No doubt, I think it's just a ridiclous rumor anyhow...
and the mate next to me is a Giants fan

LOL - no doubt! :smile: A Giants fan? That explains it.

emmysDAD
10-16-2006, 03:32 PM
LOL - no doubt! :smile: A Giants fan? That explains it.

I guess we all can't be perfect...

BigDuke6
10-16-2006, 03:32 PM
There are 2 chances we get Moss....slim and none. He just doesnt fit the Steelers mold. Too much of a Me-Me. We already have the right chemistry in the locker room and on the field. If the o-line punishes in pass-pro the way they did yesterday then it doesnt matter how tall our receivers are. There wont be any "coverage sacks" with the crew we have now.

emmysDAD
10-16-2006, 03:37 PM
There are 2 chances we get Moss....slim and none. He just doesnt fit the Steelers mold. Too much of a Me-Me. We already have the right chemistry in the locker room and on the field. If the o-line punishes in pass-pro the way they did yesterday then it doesnt matter how tall our receivers are. There wont be any "coverage sacks" with the crew we have now.

that's a good point about Coverage sacks. I mean I like having a tall Reciever, but at this point, I don't think bringing someone in now is going to benifiet anyone but whoever we are playing,

TheTruestBlackGoldFan
10-16-2006, 09:03 PM
He has calmed down soo much with his attitude and everything, i don't think it would be such a bad idea. Just watch the way deshea gets owned in the endzone when we are up against a 6-5 reciever. That could be us owning somebody else.

Steelers
10-16-2006, 09:53 PM
I'd rather lose than have his 'tude ruin the Steelers' reputation of being a class act.

Preacher
10-16-2006, 10:59 PM
<---- Living in the bay area right now.

Amazingly, the only thing that I have heard negative about Moss is the comments that no one on the team really cares right now. With ALL that is going on in the Raider's soap opera, that is not bad.

I really think in some ways, he is suffering from teh bad rep he built for himself a few years ago.

Of course, I blame no one but him.

But if that is all true, and he came to Pitt... WOW.

Only problem is, I don't want to give up Ward, Washington, Holmes, or Reid, nor do I want to any of the first three down a spot in the receiver line.

MACH1
10-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Not gonna happen

BirdKC
10-17-2006, 01:23 AM
You guys don't need him.

Preacher
10-17-2006, 01:30 AM
You guys don't need him.

:wave: Thanks for the vote of confidence. However, (no ugliness meant here:smile: )

When we play teams that have better DB's or are more explosive offensively.. we may.