PDA

View Full Version : Cowhers lucky hat

Da Steeler Soprano
10-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok I noticed this last season during our amazing run to the Super Bowl that coach Cowher wore the same khaki/tan colored hat during EVERY game and we got one for the thumb. Now its the new season and we start out horribe while Cowher is wearing some ugly white hat, until yesterday when he broke out his old hat from last season and we killed KC just like we killed everyone in our path last season. Just wondering if anyone else every noticed this or if Cowher mentioned this in any of his interviews?

HometownGal
10-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok I noticed this last season during our amazing run to the Super Bowl that coach Cowher wore the same khaki/tan colored hat during EVERY game and we got one for the thumb. Now its the new season and we start out horribe while Cowher is wearing some ugly white hat, until yesterday when he broke out his old hat from last season and we killed KC just like we killed everyone in our path last season. Just wondering if anyone else every noticed this or if Cowher mentioned this in any of his interviews?

Sorry, Da Steeler - I honestly didn't notice, but hey - whatever works! :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
10-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Maybe he has multiple hat endorsement deals going on (I am only half-kidding)

benophile
10-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Maybe Cowher's khaki hat is a good luck charm like Ben's beard?

19ward86
10-16-2006, 02:37 PM
i have noticed that mostly since you mentioned it, even in the sunday ticket commercial he is wearing it.

BigDuke6
10-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Ofcourse we noticed. My wife first noticed in during the SB run last year and yesterday it was the first thing she said when the cameras went on Cowher. Dollars to Donuts he wears it in Atlanta.

PisnNapalm
10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
I noticed right away when I saw Cowher.

I had my lucky socks on for the first time this season.... coincidence??

sumo
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I did notice -- these guys are majorly superstitious too .. I agree - he will have it on for the rest of the season --

SteelersWoman
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I wonder if Ben will start lettin his beard grow back? Personally, I liked him better with the beard anyway, but then I love a beard on a man, (who can carry one off) so you can't necessarily go by me since I know most women don't. I just prefer a "natural" man so to speak.

My husband starts his beard Sept 1 and keeps it til around March . Those are my favorite months! :wink02:

Haiku_Dirtt
10-16-2006, 06:04 PM
I noticed right away when I saw Cowher.

I had my lucky socks on for the first time this season.... coincidence??

I missed the first 56 minutes of live action. What does that mean?:pde:

xxmagicmanxx
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
I have my superstitions too. Bought an authentic Polamalu at the beginning of the season as something to wear on gamedays. Last season for Christmas, my girlfriend bought me the authentic Bettis. I wore the Bettis every gameday from Christmas on, and we didn't lose one game on our way to a Super Bowl Championship. Beginning of this season I started wearing the Polamalu instead and we came away with only the win against Miami in week 1. Yesterday, I donned the Bettis, 45-7 win. Needless to say, never change what works. I'll be wearing the Bettis again each weekend.

Case in point:

Record while wearing the Polamalu: 1-3

Record while wearing the Bettis: 7-0