PDA

View Full Version : Cincy's Head coach

Eztarget
10-16-2006, 01:39 PM
I like yesterday when Marvin Lewis (Cincy's head coach) starting WHINING about a roughing the passer call that allowed Tampa to win the game. He said something about "I guess you have to cradle the QB when tackling him."

Well this is the SAME ASS HOLE that cried and cried about his little Carson Palmer injury so much that the league instituted this new pussified QB rules.

Well the old saying comes to mind: Be careful what you wish for ...

HometownGal
10-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I like yesterday when Marvin Lewis (Cincy's head coach) starting WHINING about a roughing the passer call that allowed Tampa to win the game. He said something about "I guess you have to cradle the QB when tackling him."

Well this is the SAME ASS HOLE that cried and cried about his little Carson Palmer injury so much that the league instituted this new pussified QB rules.

I used to respect ol' Marv, but after his incessant whining and blubbering after the playoff loss to the Steelers last season, I have zip, zilch, nada respect for that bag of wind. How ironically hypocritical of ya there Marv. That bad boy needs a good swift kick in that bubble butt of his.

ARKIESTEEL
10-16-2006, 01:57 PM

This is a very good point:thumbsup:

MACH1
10-16-2006, 02:05 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :thumbsup:

SteelerFanInCA
10-16-2006, 03:19 PM
:dang: What a class act. :dang:

BigDuke6
10-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Easy guys, Marv's been whinning since last year. Remember, the Steelers turn a lot of erstwhile coaches and players into whiners. Just ask Whiner Holmgren (and the entire whiner Pacific NW for that matter), whiner Peyton, and whiner Marv.

SteelersWoman
10-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Marv is usually good for at least one smart alec comment, look, or smirk--whether his team wins OR loses. He truly is without class, and I'm just glad he's not our HC.

Atlanta Dan
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Marvin is learning the joys of being the hunted rather the hunter.

Combine the Bengals finally being expected to make the playoffs with the repeated arrests and Marvin is getting a little snippy.

Preacher
10-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Here is the REAL sad thing. I was thinking before last year that marv would be a great replacement for Bill Cowher down the road.

NOT NOW!!!

Mosca
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
He shouldn't have complained. But as a fan of the game, I'll say it was a crappy call.

Too bad; we all know that the key to winning is playing well enough that crappy calls don't make you lose. But it was a bullshit call.

But, it had no points attached to it. the Bengals still had 4 more chances to hold them, and didn't. Next.

Tom

MACH1
10-16-2006, 06:39 PM
A little history on Marv. He's allways been like that w/ snide little remarks and smirks. Being from Idaho I might know a little bout this, he used to coach at my old college Idaho State. And yes it is the ISU Bengals. Go figure....

stillers4me
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Just like Cowher said last year after that crappy call with Troy's interception........you can't control the refs calls. Just go out there and do somthing about the things you CAN control. The no whining policy starts at the top.

Preacher
10-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Here is the biggest difference. Bill Cowher gets mad... and stuffs a picture of a play into the refs pocket a few years ago. Four years ago, after the playoff lose to the Titans, Cowher said a couple things to the refs.

ON BOTH OCASSIONS... Cowher APOLOGIZED the next day... or even that day. Not because he was asked to by the team or the league, but because he knew he was wrong.

stlrtruck
10-17-2006, 07:24 AM
First, that was a crappy call and the refs blew it - BIG TIME.

But as a coach, you have to rally your troops and go out and control the next play. After that call, the bungles collapsed. Of course like any classless act, they'll blame some body else other then their own inability to put a mediocre team away.

SteelersWoman
10-18-2006, 02:13 AM
I watched an interview with Mike Perara (sp) about roughing the passer penalties. He said (and I'm paraphrasing all this as it's not word for word, but the spirit of what he said) that the refs WILL err not only on the side of caution, but will do it almost to the point of looking silly (to everyone) because their #1 priority is keeping the QB safe--and they've been told to err on the side of caution so as to keep injuries down.

He also said that the area(s) you can hit, and the angle(s) with which you can hit them have gotten much smaller and less, and that they (the refs) have no problem makin' the area/angle even smaller (and less) if it will protect basically the most defenseless player on the team.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Cincy/Bucs game was the one Mike reviewed with Rich Eisen (but don't quote me). Anyway--the clip I saw, he showed in slo-mo that the guy hit the QB with his head pointed downward--Mike says that's a definite no-no. They HAVE to hit with the head up, (straight on), so he said that was a good call.

He says that players are warned about this all the time--even before they go out and play, and if they don't want to get flagged, they'll make sure that they tackle in the right way. So if the Bengals are waiting on an apology from the refs, they'll be waitin a LONG time.

stillers4me
10-18-2006, 05:13 AM
The Bengals suck. It has been written in scripture and the history books. Case closed.