PDA

View Full Version : HArd for me to describe, but Ben had "that look" back

WWIIOwheelz
10-16-2006, 04:09 PM
He was having fun, you could see it, while having a ton of confidence. He looked like the Ben that demolished the Bears and the Colts in the run to the title last season.

I saw enough to know in my heart that the cobwebs are clear now. Welcome back, Ben.

Others fed off it, too.... Santonio in particular. I had those two pegged to be a dynamic duo almost from the start, and I think that's coming to fruition. And how about Davenport?! Man, he comes in with fresh legs, that's almost not fair! (I like being able to say happy things about the offense again!)

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Well it looked Ben was comfortable and confident. It was clear in the 3 game lossing streak that he wasn't either of those things.

OX1947
10-16-2006, 04:37 PM
I think Holmes will be running circles around people by week 10. I can see and feel him get closer and closer to having one of those 8 rec 150 yds 2 TD games. Everything needs to come together.....

stlrtruck
10-17-2006, 07:16 AM
It looks like everything is coming together. The test is coming in the form of the Atlanta Falcons this week. We can't be over confident about them, they do have some threats and remember last time we played them, we ended in a tie.
If Ben truly has his swagger back, then he should be able to control everything in the GA Dome!

HometownGal
10-17-2006, 07:21 AM
I agree, guys - Ben definitely got his mojo back. He looked very confident and most of all - comfortable - out there on Sunday. I'd really like to see him take off and scramble for a first down when the lane is open like he is famous for doing, but that will come in good time. His passes were on the money and very crisp and it looked like he was seeing the entire field. It sure is good to have our Ben back! :tt02: :bouncy:

memphissteelergirl
10-17-2006, 11:36 AM
It looks like everything is coming together. The test is coming in the form of the Atlanta Falcons this week. We can't be over confident about them, they do have some threats and remember last time we played them, we ended in a tie.
If Ben truly has his swagger back, then he should be able to control everything in the GA Dome!

:iagree:

Atlanta's D is no joke this season....particularly one guy named Abraham (can't recall first name) I saw him play opening weekend...he's a BEAST!

stlrtruck
10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
If I'm correct, it's John Abraham, formally of the jets. He's a good player and their defensive has been just as inconsistent as ours over the first month of play. We need to come out on fire and just enforce our will on them!

Blitzburgh
10-17-2006, 12:04 PM
He was having fun, you could see it, while having a ton of confidence. He looked like the Ben that demolished the Bears and the Colts in the run to the title last season.

I saw enough to know in my heart that the cobwebs are clear now. Welcome back, Ben.

Others fed off it, too.... Santonio in particular. I had those two pegged to be a dynamic duo almost from the start, and I think that's coming to fruition. And how about Davenport?! Man, he comes in with fresh legs, that's almost not fair! (I like being able to say happy things about the offense again!)

WWII ... I'm down with you brother. I know exactly what you mean and I even commented on the "look" in Ben's eyes to my Steeler brethren that was over at my crib watching the game. Pre-snap he had that "gamer" look ... the look that says, "I'm about to F' you up like nobody's business" ....

Let's hope we can get a run going now ... :tt02:

CrimsonSteeler3443
10-17-2006, 05:20 PM
And Hines was smiling too!!

PAMillerGrrl83
10-18-2006, 08:59 PM
I love that "Ima kick your sorry a$$" look that Ben gets when hes really ready and it was truly awesome seeing him all fired up..Yahh Ben!