PDA

View Full Version : I have never seen....

sumo
10-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Been watching NFL football for as long as I can remember and I have never seen a field goal attempt hit both uprights (Seattle vs St Louis) and I have never seen a player pulled down from behind by the hair ... is it just me or was yesterday and extraordinary day for football? -- That's why the NFL rules... MLB and the NBA can try everything -- more steroids, smaller ball parks, adjust the pitcher's mound, etc - but they will never be able to compete with the NFL -- If there is a regular season NFL game with 2 teams I don't care about on one channel and the World Series on another - I will watch the NFL game every time -- Anyone agree?

PisnNapalm
10-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Nope. Say you have the Lions playing the Raiders... I have no interest in that game. I'd rather watch the World Series.

Hines86Ward
10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Nope. Say you have the Lions playing the Raiders... I have no interest in that game. I'd rather watch the World Series.

I'd watch the Lions-Raiders game over a Game 7 of the WS.

sumo
10-17-2006, 12:25 PM
I'd watch the Lions-Raiders game over a Game 7 of the WS.

I know- me too - I can't even explain why -- but I have completely lost interest in MLB -- even the people I know that are big MLB fans will stop following it once Football season starts...

In one NFL Sunday -- you get the Steelers coming to life, guy getting tackled by his hair, several long remarkable TD receptions - huge hits - in several games they were too close to call until the last minute, some on the last play -- all in one Sunday -- why would anybody want to watch a couple of 4 hour long MLB playoff/world series games that end with a score of 3-2? --

Dynasty
10-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Ohhhh man do I hate baseball!!!

I wuldnt watch the Raiders, I would call up some friends and play some football.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-17-2006, 07:13 PM
I'd flip between the two.I love playoff baseball.

sumo
10-18-2006, 10:46 AM
I'd flip between the two.I love playoff baseball.

I could add some other sports -- world championship of golf, NHL world championship, bowling, nascar whatever they do for championship -- I would ignore all of these and the world series in favor of the two worst NFL teams playing a regular season game even the Brownies vs Texans

steelcurtain09
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
if it were a game in the WS tht had a potential of deciding the world champ i would consider watching it. it would depend on which game. if it involves the Steelers there is no chance i am goin to watch the WS

Buzz05
10-18-2006, 01:35 PM
I would flip between the 2. Depends on who was plaing in the WS. If the Red Sox were playin there be no doubt I would be watchin baseball over the most games with the exception of the Steelers and a few others. Since I am a Sox fan and all. I would not want to see a Raiders-Texans games. That would be like watching the grass grow...Hell I would rather watch Appalachian State take on Central Conn. State University in a college game.