PDA

View Full Version : PGH: Still 'Staches and Mullets?

lex m
10-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Does everyone in the Burgh still have the 'stache, mullet and acid-washed look on the guys, and fried-perm, acid-washed, and sneakers on the girls?

That look went out in like 1987 for most of the U.S., but I remember people STILL rocking that in like 1997 before I moved away.

Have people updated to at least the '90s by now? I'm not asking to be cruel, I love Pittsburgh, but man, it's WAY behind the times in terms of some things.

Just ask Sienna Miller (who is SMOKING hot, and I can't believe she's in Pittsburgh.)

Stillers#1
10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
ummm....shut up...thats what makes pittsburgh great, I don't need a town like NYC that feels like it has to be trendy. I have been to LA, NYC, Chi-town, and Miami, and never had as good of a time as i have in da 'burgh. And no one cares about siena miller, thats why she is makin movies in pittsburgh.

lex m
10-16-2006, 10:27 PM
And no one cares about siena miller, thats why she is makin movies in pittsburgh.

That's actually pretty funny.

Too bad though that Sienna feels this way; I'd love to see her under a giant Penguins banner getting hit on by yinzers at Mario's on like DATE NIGHT TV or something.

SteelShooter
10-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Sienna who?

Btrice
10-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Sienna who?

Exactly.

LOL Date Night TV, I forgot about that. That show is a ready-made drinking game.

I've actually made a similar point in my slightly ignored Where is Pittsburgh thread. My whole point being that people don't really know shi'ite about our town, and are quick to make judgements on stuff like this.

-Btrice, proud past owner of a mid-90's hockey mullet, former wearer of acid-washed levis, and son of a guy with a stash that would make Magnum PI green with envy.

Jeremy
10-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Sienna Miller is a dog. The only men who find her smoking hot are cons who haven't seen a real woman in 10 years. Get off the crack man and get with reality. Rednecks are everywhere.

This sounds exactly like some of Seahag propganda from before XL.

HometownGal
10-20-2006, 11:39 AM
ummm....shut up...thats what makes pittsburgh great, I don't need a town like NYC that feels like it has to be trendy. I have been to LA, NYC, Chi-town, and Miami, and never had as good of a time as i have in da 'burgh. And no one cares about siena miller, thats why she is makin movies in pittsburgh.

Right on brotha! :jammin:

I still wear skin tight acid washed jeans - why - because I like 'em. We do our own thing here in the Burgh and don't give a rat's patoot if we're not viewed as "trendy". Most Pittsburghers are happy people and are regarded as extremely warm and friendly - can't buy those things in a NYC, Chicago or LA boutique. :smile:

floodcitygirl
10-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Right on brotha! :jammin:

I still wear skin tight acid washed jeans - why - because I like 'em. You left out one thing HTG...... You wear them because YOU CAN!!!! (I'm just guessing.) You go girl! :jammin:

justinstrzelczyk
10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm in Chicago wearing a mullet. So what?

Jeremy
10-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Pittsburgh: We're not Manhattan, we just built it.

stillers4me
10-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Pittsburgh: We're not Manhattan, we just built it.

Love it!! Men of Steel Rock!

floodcitygirl
10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Love it!! Men of Steel Rock!Ya know Stillers, that would make a really great sticker for somebody's car! :wink02:

Jeremy
10-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Pittsburgh Proud (http://www.pittsburghproud.com)

There ya go.

stillers4me
10-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Ya know Stillers, that would make a really great sticker for somebody's car! :wink02:

I have good ole mom on the hunt.......!!! :flap:

floodcitygirl
10-21-2006, 09:44 AM
I have good ole mom on the hunt.......!!! :flap:I told you...Giant Eagle in Johnstown! I'll ask my sister to look for you. I didn't know you wanted one that bad. Copycat! :tt02:

83-Steelers-43
10-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Does everyone in the Burgh still have the 'stache, mullet and acid-washed look on the guys, and fried-perm, acid-washed, and sneakers on the girls?

That look went out in like 1987 for most of the U.S., but I remember people STILL rocking that in like 1997 before I moved away.

Have people updated to at least the '90s by now? I'm not asking to be cruel, I love Pittsburgh, but man, it's WAY behind the times in terms of some things.

Just ask Sienna Miller (who is SMOKING hot, and I can't believe she's in Pittsburgh.)

It's not as bad as it was in say............1997. You tend to see more of the 1980's outside of city limits.

As for Sienna Miller, this is a chick who's name is only known because her man was banging the nanny. Much like the rest of the moron's in Hollywood, she is completely out of touch with reality and narrowminded.

stillers4me
10-21-2006, 09:59 AM
:sofunny: Hey....guess what?? I live in Cinci and and there are some time warped people here as well.........most of them live in Goshen......:sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
10-21-2006, 10:08 AM
:sofunny: Hey....guess what?? I live in Cinci and and there are some time warped people here as well.........most of them live in Goshen......:sofunny:

You are correct. I've seen a good bit of the same in the state of Ohio in general, Western NY and the city of Philly. For those who want to single out our city, be my guest. They can the join the Sienna Miller brain trust.

meanjoecoop
10-21-2006, 10:13 AM

Goshen...the land where time stands still. I have an Aunt and Uncle that live out there, its like the original home of the Beverly Hillbillies. I kid you not!

"I dont know why they call it hamburger helper...it does just fine by itself" - Cousin Eddie

stillers4me
10-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Goshen...the land where time stands still. I have an Aunt and Uncle that live out there, its like the original home of the Beverly Hillbillies. I kid you not!

"I dont know why they call it hamburger helper...it does just fine by itself" - Cousin Eddie

No pickup is complete with the Confederate flag...........:wink02:

Jeremy
10-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Imagine that, there are rednecks everywhere. Trust me folks, they're out here in Hell (aka Arizona) too. I'd be willing to bet that you'll find mulletts and staches in every major American city. Wow, what a concept that Pittsburgh isn't as backwards as people like to think.

With that being said, I'd rather see mulletts and staches than the fake tits and shallow personalities I saw in LA. That town is pathetic. It's like a mockup of a real city. It has all the buildings and people, but it feels hollow.

Maidenarcher
10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
-Btrice, proud past owner of a mid-90's hockey mullet, former wearer of acid-washed levis, and son of a guy with a stash that would make Magnum PI green with envy.

THAT IS SO FUNNY! My mom was always hot for Magnum PI....LMAO....And still is...

floodcitygirl
10-25-2006, 06:48 PM
THAT IS SO FUNNY! My mom was always hot for Magnum PI....LMAO....And still is...(lol) That guy is amazing! He looks better now than he did back then!!!

stillers4me
10-25-2006, 06:52 PM
THAT IS SO FUNNY! My mom was always hot for Magnum PI....LMAO....And still is...

ummmm......I still think he's rather studly...........

Maidenarcher
10-25-2006, 06:53 PM
(lol) That guy is amazing! He looks better now than he did back then!!!

I know....There is something about an older man with graying hair.......Yummy.

floodcitygirl
10-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I know....There is something about an older man with graying hair.......Yummy.(lol) I can't comment on that on the grounds that it might incriminate me. :smile:

But honestly, I saw him on tv not too long ago, and I couldn't believe how absolutely dashing he was...after all those years. I think he's a pretty old guy. Definately has aged well. I think losing the curly hair was a good move. :thumbsup: