PDA

View Full Version : From the lone Cardinals fan on the fever forums

sumo
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
You may have seen some previous posts by me about the Cards -predicting Leinart would be the next Big Ben etc - I'm a huge Steelers fan - but I'm also a big Cards follower -- I have lived most of my life in Az and I was so pumped when the Cards moved there - every year there has been hope in the off season -- new coaches -high draft picks, free agent pick ups -- with the exception of 1998, they have found new ways to let their fans down every year - I will remain a loyal fan, but I have to say that last night was the biggest loss I have seen -- I felt about as low as I did when the Steelers lost to the Cowpunks in the Superbowl -- I went from feeling like the Cards have finally turned the corner and Leinart was going to take the Cards on a winning streak to WOW -- same old Cards!! -- MAN that really sucked!!!

PisnNapalm
10-17-2006, 10:12 AM
That was a brutal loss. I went to bed and the Cards were up 23 to 3. When I woke up and saw the score I was a little surprised. I just thought the Bears offense started clicking. I was stunned to see that the Bears offense was completely shut down and that all the points came from the defense and special teams.

amazing.

SteelerFanInCA
10-17-2006, 11:37 AM
The Bears had no business winning last night. How in the hell do you turn the ball over 6 times and still win the game? I felt bad for the Cards. Leinart looked pretty sharp.

steelcurtain09
10-17-2006, 11:45 AM
i also like the Cardinals

they have 3 University of Pittsburgh grads
Larry Fitzgerald (ive officially liked the Cardinals since they drafted him), Gerald Hayes, and Greg Lee (supposedly)
they also have Warner, Edge, Boldin, Leinart all people who I really like

dont dismiss everybody as not being a Cardinal follower

on the topic, tht was a real bad loss.

herewegosteelers
10-17-2006, 11:45 AM
I also am a DIEHARD STEELERS fan!! But I also live in AZ. I was very disappointed in last nights game. I felt the same way. Leinart is a great quarterback, I would love to see the Crads. do something.

Hines86Ward
10-17-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm feel your pain man, that Cardinals are my NFC team. I thought they had it locked up last night so I went to bed. I woke up this morning to see that they lost, and I was shocked. After watching the replays of that Leinart fumble, I think that Oliver Ross needs to find himself a spot on the bench for good & they should start Chris Liwienski. I also think that they should cut Neil Rackers. He had a great year last year, but now he looks like he did when he was on the Bengals. It's not hard to replace a kicker, there's plenty of guys out on the market. You can't miss 2 game-winning FG's in consecutive weeks

sumo
10-17-2006, 11:56 AM
i also like the Cardinals

they have 3 University of Pittsburgh grads
Larry Fitzgerald (ive officially liked the Cardinals since they drafted him), Gerald Hayes, and Greg Lee (supposedly)
they also have Warner, Edge, Boldin, Leinart all people who I really like

dont dismiss everybody as not being a Cardinal follower

on the topic, tht was a real bad loss.

Sorry -- nobody really responded to the other threads I started about the Cards - so I thought I was quite possibly the only one the fever forums -- but it's good to know there are others...

LarryNJ
10-17-2006, 11:59 AM
I watched the whole game. It was great to see the Cards and their fans pumped up and taking it to the Bears. Although I like the Bears I was rooting for the cards lastnight because of Larry F. The cards are close to taking the step to the next level. I think they will be a true contender in the next 2-4 years.

Livinginthe past
10-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm feel your pain man, that Cardinals are my NFC team. I thought they had it locked up last night so I went to bed. I woke up this morning to see that they lost, and I was shocked. After watching the replays of that Leinart fumble, I think that Oliver Ross needs to find himself a spot on the bench for good & they should start Chris Liwienski. I also think that they should cut Neil Rackers. He had a great year last year, but now he looks like he did when he was on the Bengals. It's not hard to replace a kicker, there's plenty of guys out on the market. You can't miss 2 game-winning FG's in consecutive weeks

Cut Neil Rackers?

That is the craziest thing I have seen on this forum in a while.

The Cards remain a team with a 'loser identity' - its not that easy to explain why but these teams find new and amusing/heartbreaking ways of losing games each week.

The Bears were lucky for sure, I have no idea what happened to Grossman - he totally sunk my FF team this week.

Leinart is a pleasant surprise, hopefully the cards will persevere with him and hopefuly buy him some decent protection (it appears that they should have invested in an O-Line instead of picking up Edge who has been ineffectual).

Best of luck to the cards and their fans for the rest of the season - alot of neutrals pull for them.

NM

Hines86Ward
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Cut Neil Rackers?

That is the craziest thing I have seen on this forum in a while.

He's only had one good year in his career, which was last year when he made 40 of 42 FG's. This year, he's already missed 5 and he has a 64% FG percentage right now. IMHO, I think last year was a fluke for him. He's shown in the past that he can't come through in the clutch.

Livinginthe past
10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
He's only had one good year in his career, which was last year when he made 40 of 42 FG's. This year, he's already missed 5 and he has a 64% FG percentage right now. IMHO, I think last year was a fluke for him. He's shown in the past that he can't come through in the clutch.

Right.

So who would you replace him with?

Gramatica?

Pittsburgh kicker Jeff Reed (62.5%) has a worse conversion rate this year - you want to cut him too?

NM

Hines0wnz
10-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Leinart is a pleasant surprise, hopefully the cards will persevere with him and hopefuly buy him some decent protection (it appears that they should have invested in an O-Line instead of picking up Edge who has been ineffectual).

I agree, James' stat line from last night: 36 rushes, 56 yards.

They have JJ Arrington in his 2nd year but went for the quick fix (James) instead of investing in the O-line and developing JJ into their feature back. They have the weapons but if you cannot get them the ball, what is the point? If I was Dennis Green I would just quit because the upper management wants money, not success.

Atlanta Dan
10-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Arizona - where Hall of Fame running backs go to retire.

tony hipchest
10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
36 runs for nothing was horrible to watch. atleast most teams will give up and try something new after 25-30 tries. maybe a pitch out? a screen? an off tackle run? anything? edge can catch the ball.

sumo
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Arizona - where Hall of Fame running backs go to retire.

Yeah -we used to be the land of washed up QBs too - Dave Krieg, Dave Brown, Jay Schroeder, Boomer Esiason, Jim McMahon - but the Cards have had their share of RBs leave and then all of a sudden become great -- see Garrison Hearst and Thomas Jones - other former cards to leave and become pro-bowlers: Jay Novacek and Simeon Rice -- mediocre until they bolt AZ -- even Plummer with his choking in big games is better now that he left AZ.. but I never lose hope -- someday!!!!! -- were close:jammin:

tony hipchest
10-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah -we used to be the land of washed up QBs too - Dave Krieg, Dave Brown, Jay Schroeder, Boomer Esiason, Jim McMahon - but the Cards have had their share of RBs leave and then all of a sudden become great -- see Garrison Hearst and Thomas Jones - other former cards to leave and become pro-bowlers: Jay Novacek and Simeon Rice -- mediocre until they bolt AZ -- even Plummer with his choking in big games is better now that he left AZ.. but I never lose hope -- someday!!!!! -- were close:jammin:

i still wear my #7 s. beurlein jersey (its now considered a "throwback" :chuckle:) another pro bowler with the panthers. i think a. murrell was the only one who didnt get significantly better once he left.

sumo
10-17-2006, 04:33 PM
36 runs for nothing was horrible to watch. atleast most teams will give up and try something new after 25-30 tries. maybe a pitch out? a screen? an off tackle run? anything? edge can catch the ball.

No kidding -- the play calling was horrible -- but did you see the other thread on Mike Kruczek? -- he was promoted to be the Cards new OC ...so we got that going for us... which is nice...

TapOut64
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM
For some odd reason I was really pulling for the Cardinals last night. Had a hard time falling to sleep after watching them loose it, and I'm not even a Cardinal fan. They did expose the Bears weak offense and a chink in the pass defense armor. No way the Bears go undefeated.

Stlrs4Life
10-17-2006, 04:42 PM
The Bears had no business winning last night. How in the hell do you turn the ball over 6 times and still win the game? I felt bad for the Cards. Leinart looked pretty sharp.

I hear ya, I feel bad for the Cards. That stunk that they couldn't score 1 more TD.

Livinginthe past
10-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I agree, James' stat line from last night: 36 rushes, 56 yards.

They have JJ Arrington in his 2nd year but went for the quick fix (James) instead of investing in the O-line and developing JJ into their feature back. They have the weapons but if you cannot get them the ball, what is the point? If I was Dennis Green I would just quit because the upper management wants money, not success.

You have to wonder about the total lack of faith they have shown in Arrington - it seems they have him labelled as a bust.

Over the years there have been alot of teams that have opted for the 'quick fix' FA move - and it normally ends up in tears - I think Edge could still be an effective RB, just not at Arizona with that line.

Maybe we should have a look at Edge's stats this year and then take a fresh look back at JJ's efforts in his only year so far - im presuming the O-Line is basically the same.

Nothing brings money in quicker than a competetive team and its not as if the blue print (Patriots, Steelers, Bears) isn't staring them in the face - start with the line and the basics - then add playmakers afterward so they are in a position to maximise their potential.

Funnily enough thats what I think the Texans were determined to do this year in the draft - get away from the flashy 1st rounder - ended up biting them in the ass when their Rb went down injured.

NM

Hawk Believer
10-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Last nigh was one of the few times I actually wanted a division rival to win. Obviously my support didn't mean much to AZ.:dang:

Something about that game was very unique IMO. Every big comeback I have witnessed has always been in large part to a QB getting hot and making some big plays. But Grossman really didn't make any big plays. To have that big a comeback without the offense is unprecedented as far as I can remember.

AZ right now reminds me a lot of the Seahawks of a few years ago. They had a ton of talent but found ways to underachieve. But they look so good on paper they always get a lot of good preseason press and get picked to be the dark horse playoff candidate. Only to break their fans' hearts.

If they only had an O-Line, they would be dangerous.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Leinart will be an excellent QB.However,if his running game and defense doesn't shape up...when he hits free agency he'll leave.

sumo
10-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Leinart will be an excellent QB.However,if his running game and defense doesn't shape up...when he hits free agency he'll leave.

I know --the list of Cards that have done this very thing is long and distinguished

steelcurtain09
10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
You have to wonder about the total lack of faith they have shown in Arrington - it seems they have him labelled as a bust.

Over the years there have been alot of teams that have opted for the 'quick fix' FA move - and it normally ends up in tears - I think Edge could still be an effective RB, just not at Arizona with that line.

Maybe we should have a look at Edge's stats this year and then take a fresh look back at JJ's efforts in his only year so far - im presuming the O-Line is basically the same.

Nothing brings money in quicker than a competetive team and its not as if the blue print (Patriots, Steelers, Bears) isn't staring them in the face - start with the line and the basics - then add playmakers afterward so they are in a position to maximise their potential.

Funnily enough thats what I think the Texans were determined to do this year in the draft - get away from the flashy 1st rounder - ended up biting them in the ass when their Rb went down injured.

NM

they brought in a lot of money this year from the combo of the influx of good players and the new stadium which they sold out, so they should be able to do better next