PDA

View Full Version : Texas Air Control

Ohio Steeler
10-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Texas Air Control

Dallas ATC: "Tower to Saudi Air 911--You are cleared to land, Eastbound on runway 9R."

Saudi Air: "Thank you Dallas ATC. Acknowledge cleared to land on infidel's runway 9R --Allah be Praised!!"

Dallas ATC: "Tower to Iran Air 711--You are cleared to land, Westbound on runway 9R."

Iran Air: "Thank you Dallas ATC. We are cleared to land on infidel's runway 9R.--Allah is Great!!"

Pause: Static.............

Saudi Air: " DALLAS ATC! DALLAS ATC!!! "

Dallas ATC: "Go ahead Saudi Air 911?"

Saudi Air: "YOU HAVE CLEARED BOTH OUR AIRCRAFT FOR THE SAME RUNWAY GOING IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS !!! WE ARE ON A COLLISION COURSE !!! INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE!!!

Dallas ATC: "Well bless your hearts. Y'all be careful now and tell Allah 'hey' for us........."

Livinginthe past
10-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Wow.

Thats just so funny my sides almost split - 2 planes full of civilians from a foreign country dying runway collision.

Please, tell us more.....

NM

BigBensBikeHelmet
10-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Pretty racist and intolerant of the beliefs of others... kind of offensive actually.

Dynasty
10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
A joke about terrorist nations is offensive, but a certain offensive picture you posted is okay.

Another display of having no class by a pathetic poster from a pathetic team.

MattsMe
10-17-2006, 10:51 PM
:toofunny: I must have missed the part about them being full of civilians. It's a funny joke.

SteelShooter
10-17-2006, 11:31 PM
As a multiple-deployment vet of the GWOT...... :wantsome: ..........I LIKED IT!
:thumbsup:

SteelShooter
10-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Pretty racist and intolerant of the beliefs of others... kind of offensive actually.

Let's see.........a SeaWhiners flag for an avatar, a falcons sig, and support of a bengal for Pres.................does this Liberalist have any clue about anything? (other than being annoting)

Stillers#1
10-18-2006, 12:17 AM

I bet if we posted a picture of Hasselbeck giving oral loving to Shaun, we wouldn't hear from you for a good 15 minutes. Get a life, it's a joke, much unlike the planes, that people from that same part of the world crashed into our buildings. Did that offend you? Probably not, I would imagine you are an apologist for the people who did that.

Get a clue, and a life. If you're not going to bring anything fresh or relevant to this board, then move on.

Chronicgaming
10-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I laughed at the joke. If it would have explicitly mentioned civilians, I would not have laughed. I laughed more for the following stereotypes that are being used:

1. The joke is playing on the stereotype that Texans are intolerant of other cultures and want to see the planes collide (why doesn't the joke take place in California or Florida?). Of course most people don't think this way, but if you have a personal grudge againist terrorists after 9/11 or otherwise you are going to be a little ticked and want to kick some a**.

2. The joke also plays on he stereotype that all Muslims see us as infidels that should be destroyed. While the vocal minority of Muslims convey this message all the time, I don't think the majority of people think that way or would act on that feeling (but you don't really hear leaders speaking out aginist the minority). This does not help public relations, and leads to feelings in stereotype 1 listed above.

Even though this joke might be offensive, I think it is a good social commentary on what's wrong with the war on terror. Terrorists are p**ssed at us for being over there (even though we were asked to help back in the original Gulf War) so they planned an attack over here on 9/11. This caused us to retailiate and send more soldiers overseas (they really thought that one through...). I'm ticked that I have some friends overseas fighting for a country that really doesn't want us there (I was fine with going in after 9/11, but now things have gotten out of hand in Iraq and we need a plan). I just want my friends to come home safe after they have fulfilled their duty.

I know I've read into this joke too much already, but I just thought it would be a good time to post my views (since I missed the last discussion on this :dang:). Basically but I wanted to at least try to give my view of events that created this joke.

tony hipchest
10-18-2006, 10:25 AM
the original poster of this thread was intentionally misrepresented by another poster's, out of the blue, insinuation that there were innocent civilians on the plane.

as if the original poster was wishing for innocent people to die. :rolleyes: i dont see why someone would paint Ohio Steeler in that light. when i read the joke i could tell the planes were intended to be full of terrorists (all it takes is a little reading comprehension skillz). i found it to be as much of a joke about the texan brand of justice as anything else.

Chronicgaming
10-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Good thoughts Tony, I guess I should have just posted something like that instead of going on a tangent...:dang:

Livinginthe past
10-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Each to their own.

As I say, it was a great joke - a real side splitter - obviously the scything social commentary escaped me :wink02:

And Saudi Air - notorious for flying planes empty except for pilots.

It gets better by the minute.

NM

Stillers#1
10-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Each to their own.

As I say, it was a great joke - a real side splitter - obviously the scything social commentary escaped me

And Saudi Air - notorious for flying planes empty except for pilots.

It gets better by the minute.

NM

You think maybe, just maaaybe, you are takin this a bit too seriously? It's a joke, against the same people who want to see all of us dead. No big deal LITP, just a little off-color humor.

Livinginthe past
10-18-2006, 11:13 AM
You think maybe, just maaaybe, you are takin this a bit too seriously? It's a joke, against the same people who want to see all of us dead. No big deal LITP, just a little off-color humor.

I guess jokes and what people find humourous are often a sign of the underlying mentality.

I wasn't looking to make a 'big deal' - just posting my immediate thoughts. :smile:

NM