PDA

View Full Version : who will the steelers pick next year?

19ward86
10-18-2006, 04:40 PM
whether if we have the 1st pick or the 32nd pick in the draft next season who will the steelers pick? some say a LB but even if porter gets released because of money we will end up starting someone like james harrison. my guess is that we will pick a blocking TE, someone like mike bruener, that is what we wanted out of charles davis this year but he wasnt all that great.

Prosdo
10-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Think it's a little early, but if I had to pick Michael Bush.

Btrice
10-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Maybe Tanard Jackson.

I would almost be willing to bet money that Michael Bush doesn't go in the first round to anybody if he is even in the draft next year.

Edit: Duh, I kinda forgot about the brawl the other day.

SteelCzar76
10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I see us moving up from 32 to pick Michael Bush. (Somewhere in the early to mid twenty's.)
I would also like to see as pick up DE Lawrence Jackson out of SC. He's a tweener that i think would develop nicely at Outside backer. Not to mention Anthony Gonzalez out of Ohio State. (The kid is clutch and quick as hell)

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Btrice
10-18-2006, 05:36 PM
I think Hall and McCauley would also be good choices.

I haven't paid much attention to college ball this year, seems Tanard has fallen a couple rungs in a lot of the prediction sites.

The ONLY way I see us picking Bush, and even then I still dont think it is going to happen is if we pick 32nd.

Stillers43
10-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Michael Bush or Adrian Peterson, both who may fall due to injuries!

Ambridge
10-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Bush will be coming off a season ending injury(Broken Tibia-shinbone)that he suffered in Louisville's first game of the season against Kentucky and I think he's still eligible to return for another season at Louisville with a medical redshirt.

TasmanianTroy271
10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
I know the Steelers never draft out of Pitt, but I say we draft H.B. Blades. No, we don't Need a stud ILB right now, but we will soon enough, because James Farrior won't be getting any younger in the next couple seasons. Rian Wallace looked good with that interception, but he still hasn't shown me that he can be a great tackler. There have been alot of oppurtunities to show something on ST since we lost Chidi and Kisel moved into the starting role, and I haven't heard his name called enough to put any faith behind him. Plus, I think having H.B. Blades be a stud on ST for a year or two, and then take over for Farrior would be a great move.

Btrice
10-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Bush will be coming off a season ending injury(Broken Tibia-shinbone)that he suffered in Louisville's first game of the season against Kentucky and I think he's still eligible to return for another season at Louisville with a medical redshirt.

Exactly. In football, if you have to have a season ending injury, a broken leg is what you want. Its much easier to recover from and be 100%. BUT....unfortunately, he is not going to play football for a frigging year, why all these mock draft type websites still have him going in the first round is perplexing. Half the time they are full of sh!t or dont take into effect the no common sense factor. How many of them had Mario Williams going #1?

steelcurtain09
10-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I know the Steelers never draft out of Pitt, but I say we draft H.B. Blades. No, we don't Need a stud ILB right now, but we will soon enough, because James Farrior won't be getting any younger in the next couple seasons. Rian Wallace looked good with that interception, but he still hasn't shown me that he can be a great tackler. There have been alot of oppurtunities to show something on ST since we lost Chidi and Kisel moved into the starting role, and I haven't heard his name called enough to put any faith behind him. Plus, I think having H.B. Blades be a stud on ST for a year or two, and then take over for Farrior would be a great move.

I dont think we will get Blades but how about another Pitt defensive player. If we fall far enough (I am not saying we will) how about drafting Darrelle Revis. He has the potential to be one of the best corners in the league in his rookie or second season. Alongside Taylor and McFadden or secondary would become a lot stronger.

SteelCzar76
10-18-2006, 08:38 PM

A break is far easier to fully to recover from than ligament damage Am. (Trust me) LOL
I think Bush will rehab and do well at the combine. (why take the redshirt season ?,..It's obvious his destiny is to gain his glory at the pro Level)
Yeah,...recognition on the collegiate level is a good look,.....but you play this game not only because it's your calling,....but to be regarded as elite and make your mark at the highest level. Which is the League.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Dylan
10-18-2006, 09:22 PM
I am gonna say the Steelers shpuld pick up Paul Posluzny. He plays tough and physical. He keeps out of trouble. An all academic american. he would be a great pick up to have. And he might slip down since the injury in the orange bowl. Also since Paterno has him in pass coverage all the time now, he isn't making as many tackles which might drop his stock....

SteelCzar76
10-18-2006, 10:14 PM
I am gonna say the Steelers shpuld pick up Paul Posluzny. He plays tough and physical. He keeps out of trouble. An all academic american. he would be a great pick up to have. And he might slip down since the injury in the orange bowl. Also since Paterno has him in pass coverage all the time now, he isn't making as many tackles which might drop his stock....

Paul is a stud but i don't believe we will be,... (and certainly do not wish to) be in positon to draft him,...or Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson. Though they are the prospects i feel would benefit this organization the most,... it would mean that we would be Drafting within the top ten. (And therefore have failed to accomplish that which we're very capable of) Leaving no doubt as our credibility as CHAMPIONS.

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

19ward86
10-19-2006, 07:48 AM
everyone is talking about injuries toward michael bush and adrian peterson but look at antonio cromartie, he was like the 18th pick for san diego and he didnt play his whole senior year, at least adrian and michael bush have had a great year before this year.

Buzz05
If for some off reason Poz dropps to us in the late first round...that would be a blessing...Poz is considered a throw back LB and some say the best ever at Penn State. I can only dream to see Poz in the black and gold...

stlrtruck
Isn't this discussion better saved for another time - say mid-February.

I hate looking past one game, let alone the season and into April.

Jacknut
10-19-2006, 09:20 AM
We need a center to replace Hartings. I would have preferred us to pick up Mangold from OSU instead of Holmes. Wide receivers are like temps -- cheap and easily available. Good linemen are far more important. Just ask Matt Leinart.

x7x24x
10-19-2006, 11:45 AM
adrian peterson wont drop because of his injury. michael bush might and probably will.