PDA

View Full Version : I Know It Is Not True But...

steelcurtain09
10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
...this is really scary to think of it happening

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6075034

WASHINGTON (AP) - An Internet message claiming that seven NFL stadiums will be hit with dirty bombs this weekend was met with "strong skepticism" Wednesday by government security officials.

With nothing to indicate an imminent attack, local authorities and stadium owners were alerted "out of an abundance of caution."

Dated Oct. 12, the posting was part of an ongoing conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It appeared on a Web site called "The Friend Society," which links to various online forums and off-color cartoons. The message said trucks would deliver radiological bombs to stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland ? and that Osama bin Laden would later claim responsibility....

SteelCzar76
10-19-2006, 01:13 AM
...this is really scary to think of it happening

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6075034

WASHINGTON (AP) - An Internet message claiming that seven NFL stadiums will be hit with dirty bombs this weekend was met with "strong skepticism" Wednesday by government security officials.

With nothing to indicate an imminent attack, local authorities and stadium owners were alerted "out of an abundance of caution."

Dated Oct. 12, the posting was part of an ongoing conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It appeared on a Web site called "The Friend Society," which links to various online forums and off-color cartoons. The message said trucks would deliver radiological bombs to stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland — and that Osama bin Laden would later claim responsibility....

Should we not be above fear and maintain our resolve as a Nation ? We can only be divided and henceforth destroyed if we allow it to be so. If we stand together any whom choose to make themselves enemies WILL FAIL.
No we're not perfect in regards to all of our foreign policies. We have done our share of dirt. But even in light of our terrible flaws,..... we're still the greatest Nation this world has ever known. The average american has great deal of compassion, sense of justice and strength of character.
Are we driven, c#cky and sometimes reckless ? Yes,...but at heart we believe in heroism, justice, liberty and LIFE. But heavy is the head that bears the crown, and we can't please everyone. We even fight amongst ourselves over bullshit rehtoric and archaic belief systems of men whom didn't believe in them themselves. (They were only serving their own personal interest's.) But we should now defend, serve and accept the ideal of what we're supposed to be,....what we claim and aspire to be,......WORTHY.
We should not allow ourselves to become divided by breed or allusion's such as political parties.
Have courage in the face in the inadequate leadership. But have even more courage in the face of small men with religious delusions of what's "right and or wrong" and "Holy Wars" against those whom don't kneel before their ideaology. Men that would slaughter women and children for the sake of their own personal gain. Men whom actually covet that which they claim to rage against.
Men like many of those responsible for the failings that we have yet to overcome to this very day.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE RED WHITE AND BLUE" (In the face of any odds)

SteelersWoman
10-19-2006, 04:07 AM
If I already had plans to go, I wouldn't let this stop me. If these idiots really wanted to cause harm, they wouldn't have advertised it.

They'll probably find and jail the person (people) responsible before Sunday anyway.

Preacher
10-19-2006, 04:55 AM
They bomb our WTC... and we see it as a crime

They get the Cole, Kobar towers, and two embassies... and we start to pay attention

They bomb the WTC again and the Pentagon... and its an act of war.

They screw with our football... ITS ALL OVER!

stillers4me
10-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Amen, Preacher!!!

HometownGal
10-19-2006, 07:14 AM
These facist nutjobs want us to live in constant fear and disrupt our every day lives and I refuse to allow them to interfere with one second of my life (or my football!). :tt02: When it's time to meet my Maker, that is HIS decision, not the decision of a group of whack-jobs.

http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/uncle_sam-fu-001.jpg

ARKIESTEEL
10-19-2006, 07:38 AM
These facist nutjobs want us to live in constant fear and disrupt our every day lives and I refuse to allow them to interfere with one second of my life (or my football!). :tt02: When it's time to meet my Maker, that is HIS decision, not the decision of a group of whack-jobs.

http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/uncle_sam-fu-001.jpg

If me and MR. 300 winchester magnum get with in say 250 yards of said whack-jobs I will be the one that disrupts their every day life and I will choose when they meet their maker

That dont fly in the south

Steel_Bus_24
10-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Terrorists are truly the scum of the earth. Littles cowards who resort to trying to kill civillians......pathetic.

They can't stand to see a free world where anyone has a chance to live their dreams.

STEELCRTN4EVER
10-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Well we all know these NUT CASES are out there and anything can happen. However they WILL NOT stop the way I live or make me live in fear of them. I will live a normal life without being terrified. Can you imagine the American uprising if this were to happen?

Buzz05
10-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Well we all know these NUT CASES are out there and anything can happen. However they WILL NOT stop the way I live or make me live in fear of them. I will live a normal life without being terrified. Can you imagine the American uprising if this were to happen?

Yeah...there wouldnt be a middle east left if they pissed with not only America again...but Football...that would like throwing Gas on a fire right there

stlrtruck
10-19-2006, 09:03 AM
First of all, any time said whack-jobs attacked American Soil (including embassies) it ruffled the feathers of the not so high in the world non politicians (aka the common folk - at least most of the ones I know) and those proudly serving in the Armed Services. They were ready for a full out attack on those responsible and it should have been. But our "fearless" leaders have opted for other measures prior to Bush finally putting his foot down but even that was a little late.

Second, if they decide to interefere with any Sport in the USA, I believe you won't have to worry about a draft or some sort of enlistment ploy. I think you'll see a lot of people taking personal cruises with their own ammunitions, a cooler, and a list of "What I'm going to do with the bounty"!

Finally, they talk about being in a "jahad" but yet they won't show their faces when adversity strikes. If they are such strong people, then come out man to man. Then let's see who ends up with a boot up their arse!

Atlanta Dan
10-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Big surprise - it is not true

The FBI interviewed a Milwaukee resident Thursday who officials believe was involved in posting Internet threats about dirty bomb attacks on NFL football stadiums this weekend. The threats appeared to be phony.

The person, described as a 20-year-old man, did not appear to have any ties to terrorist groups, according to an FBI official in Washington who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

No doubt some punk that lives with his parents and works in some minimum wage job.

Anyone know if Big Ben's Bike Helmet lives in Milwaukee?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2631676

SteelerFanInCA
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
If me and MR. 300 winchester magnum get with in say 250 yards of said whack-jobs I will be the one that disrupts their every day life and I will choose when they meet their maker

That dont fly in the south

Or on the West Coast!!! :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Just saw two Steelers/Falcons tickets with 74 dollar face value sell for $140 on ebay...so some people out there are worried.

Personally...If I could go... I would take advantage of this type of situation...I refuse to change ANYTHING in my life for these freedom-hating whack-jobs!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Big surprise - it is not true

The FBI interviewed a Milwaukee resident Thursday who officials believe was involved in posting Internet threats about dirty bomb attacks on NFL football stadiums this weekend. The threats appeared to be phony.

The person, described as a 20-year-old man, did not appear to have any ties to terrorist groups, according to an FBI official in Washington who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

No doubt some punk that lives with his parents and works in some minimum wage job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2631676

I would think that Helmetheads residence has wheels.

HometownGal
10-19-2006, 01:23 PM

ROFLMAO!!! :toofunny: I had the same thought, Dan. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads-up. Even though I didn't put much credibility in the "threat", as the government didn't seem to think it was serious (well - they aren't always the purveyors of credibility, either), I didn't totally rule it out. If someone would have told me before 911 that a group of Ishkabibbles were going to hijack and fly our own jetliners into buildings in NYC, I would have called them crazy. :screwy:

sumo
10-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey -- this thread reminds me to bring something up -- everybody here should read "While Europe Slept" -IT WILL BLOW YOU AWAY - the author is a gay man that moved to Amsterdam so he could have a gay marriage -- but he goes thru a transformation while living there based on what he sees happening in Europe with the Muslim movement -- a must read for everyone (donkeys and elephants) especially for those who think we are only "kind of" at war...

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-19-2006, 01:43 PM
ROFLMAO!!! :toofunny: I had the same thought, Dan. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads-up. Even though I didn't put much credibility in the "threat", as the government didn't seem to think it was serious (well - they aren't always the purveyors of credibility, either), I didn't totally rule it out. If someone would have told me before 911 that a group of Ishkabibbles were going to hijack and fly our own jetliners into buildings in NYC, I would have called them crazy. :screwy:

Ishkabibbles!!!!!:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

steelcurtain09
10-19-2006, 01:47 PM
BBBH wouldnt have been the person behind the plot

this plot involved 7 different stadiums

HometownGal
10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
BBBH wouldnt have been the person behind the plot

this plot involved 7 different stadiums

This is true. Besides, it is difficult to cry, wipe your nose and focus on concocting a plot at the same time. :crying01:

Preacher
10-20-2006, 12:32 AM
BBBH living in Milwaukee....

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: