PDA

View Full Version : We Stink...

SteelersNationsfl
10-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Ok, well not really.... But, it got your attention didn't it?

I am just trying to point out that at the start of the season to about game 5 it doesn't really mean very much unless you drop all five games as losses. Then again on the other hand it doesn't hurt to go 5-0 either.

With a loss by the Bengals and Ravens and a stunning 45-7 Victory by the Steelers last Sunday it is a wonder why people were flushing them down the toilet. I know most of us here know that it's just the begining of the season and a lot can happen after game 5.

AFC North

Baltimore 4-2-0
Cincinnati 3-2-0
Pittsburgh 2-3-0
Cleveland 1-4-0

Pittsburgh is now only 1 Game back from 1st Place. Now lets take a look at our opponents remaining schedules and see where they may possibly loose to open it up for Pittsubugh.

We'll Start with the Ravens. I have bolded the following games which I feel are a distinct possiblity for them to loose.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/SAINTS.jpg 10/29/06 1:00 PM CBS 13 A
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/BENGALS.jpg 11/05/06 1:00 PM CBS 13 H
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/TITANS.jpg 11/12/06 1:00 PM CBS 13 A
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/FALCONS.jpg 11/19/06 1:00 PM FOX 45 H
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/STEELERS.jpg 11/26/06 1:00 PM CBS 13 H
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/BENGALS.jpg 11/30/06 8:00 PM NFL Network A
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/CHIEFS.jpg 12/10/06 1:00 PM CBS 13 A
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/BROWNS.jpg 12/17/06 1:00 PM CBS 13 H
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/STEELERS.jpg 12/24/06 1:00 PM CBS 13 A
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/uploads/graphics/perm/main/FCEICKKDAFHA/BILLS.jpg 12/31/06 1:00 PM CBS 13 H

Well as you can see I bolded both of the games against the Steelers because we can only really afford to lose 2 More to be able to win the division. I do think it's a possiblity that the Saints may be able to beat the Ravens because the 2 previous weeks may have shown them how the Ravens can be beat.

Ravens Final Record 10-6

Now lets Take a look at the Bengals remaining schedule. Doing the same for the Ravens I have bolded what I think they could possibly loose.

Sun. 22 PANTHERS 1:00 PM ???
Sun. 29 FALCONS 1:00 PM
Sun. 5 @ Ravens 1:00 PM
Sun. 12 CHARGERS 1:00 PM
Sun. 19 @ Saints 1:00 PM
Sun. 26 @ Browns 1:00 PM
Thu. 30 RAVENS 8:00 PM ?????????
Sun. 10 RAIDERS 1:00 PM
Mon. 18 @ Colts 8:30 PM
Sun. 24 @ Broncos 4:15 PM
Sun. 31 STEELERS 1:00 PM

I think it is very much so in the Relm of possibility that the Bengals can lose the games I have bolded above. This would leave them somewhere around 9-7 to 10-6. I am also going to leave some leeway and say they may have a chance to make it to 11-5.
I think The Bengals and Ravens will share one loss each between the two of them.

Where does this leave the Steelers?

This leaves us with very little room for error. We can only lose 2 more and at the max 3 more to give us a shot at the Division. This is going to be a very tight year in the AFC North and it's going to go down to the End. Lets be happy that we only lost one Division Game so far and lets win the rest of them. But, let's face it the Ravens and Bengals are superheros, they are a team just like we are and will not win the rest of thier games either.

Go Steelers! and just remember this is just in my humble opinion.

steelcurtain09
10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Team W-L-T PCT PF PA Home Road AFCNFCDIVStreak
Baltim 4-2-0 .667 110 69 2-1 2-1 3-1 1-1 1-0 Lost 2
Cincy 3-2-0 .600 111 99 1-1 2-1 3-1 0-1 2-0 Lost 2
Pittsb 2-3-0 .400 106 84 2-1 0-2 2-3 0-0 0-1 Won 1
Cleve 1-4-0 .200 81 109 0-2 1-2 1-2 0-2 0-2 Lost 1

i arranged the stats so they are easier to read

VICKtorious
10-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Uhhh. I hope you guys arent expecting a win this week.

SteelersNationsfl
10-19-2006, 04:14 PM

Well since we are Steeler fans would you think we expect a Loss?

SteelerFanInCA
10-19-2006, 04:14 PM

Just expecting to go in and play hard and physical. If we bring our A game we should be OK. Good luck to your birds.

VICKtorious
10-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Just expecting to go in and play hard and physical. If we bring our A game we should be OK. Good luck to your birds.

Going into some stadiums that may be enough... but we are coming off of a tough loss and you are coming into the Dome. We are getting some key players back too.

Good luck to you too. It is going to be an exciting game!

SteelerFanInCA
10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Going into some stadiums that may be enough... but we are coming off of a tough loss and you are coming into the Dome. We are getting some key players back too.

How is losing Lehr going to effect your run\pass game?

VICKtorious
10-19-2006, 04:29 PM
We will probably start Austin King... he has some starts under his belt. So it shouldnt affect the continuity of our line. But it isnt the best thing to lose you starting guard...

VICKtorious
10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
is the oh-so-unstoppable Joey Porter back this week?

SteelerFanInCA
10-19-2006, 04:36 PM

It looks like he's going to be out again. We have some decent depth there so we should be OK. Arnold Harrison his replacement played well last week.

VICKtorious
10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Didn't chad brown come out of the retirement home to round out your LB corps?

SteelerFanInCA
10-19-2006, 04:40 PM

Yep, and in the process he recorded a sack last week. I'd admit Chad is a little older but he already knows the system.

steelcurtain09
10-19-2006, 04:44 PM

i think tht will hurt it some

But it isnt the best thing to lose you starting guard...
i think Kemoeatu did a good enough job last week. they rnt gonna rush ne1 back after wht they learned from Roethlisberger and Ward.

sadly no but Harrison did a good job stoppin the run

yeah and he got a sack

im startin to see a theme u say tht it hurts we lost a good player and I respond wit we found a good player to fill in and it worked out.

SteelersNationsfl
10-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Anyway... What do you guys think of my synopsis on the rest of the season. BTW... I apologize to any browns fans out there that I didn't put thier schedule up. I do not forsee them as a threat to winning the division this year though.

SteelerFanInCA
10-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Anyway... What do you guys think of my synopsis on the rest of the season. BTW... I apologize to any browns fans out there that I didn't put thier schedule up. I do not forsee them as a threat to winning the division this year though.

Cincy definitely looks like they have the tougher schedule of the two. I actually have SD beating Cincy as well though.

ATL
10-19-2006, 05:08 PM

Lehr the Turnstile? Might help us.

ATL
10-19-2006, 05:09 PM
I'd be surprised if the Falcons didn't beat Cincinatti

Hines0wnz
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
I agree with the thinking behind the subject of this thread and I'm curious how the Ravens O will play this week with the HC calling the plays and McNair not 100%. Boller looked good coming off the bench but the Ravens showed some week D against Carolina. Then again, Steve Smith is pretty damn good.

HometownGal
10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
I really enjoyed reading your predictions and assessment on the AFC North, SteelersNationsfl. Great job! :thumbsup: I think the Steelers' goal of reaching the playoffs this season is a very real probability if they continue to bring their A+ game as they did against the Chiefs last week and limit the turnovers and costly penalties.

Good luck Birds fans in this Sunday's game. Our Steelers are very difficult to run against but you have two very capable guys who can burn you in the blink of an eye on the ground, so the Steelers will definitely have their work cut out for them. Here's to a kick-ass game (the Birds, of course, being on the receiving end of that kick!) :wink02: :cheers:

tony hipchest
10-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Anyway... What do you guys think of my synopsis on the rest of the season. BTW... I apologize to any browns fans out there that I didn't put thier schedule up. I do not forsee them as a threat to winning the division this year though.i thought your synopsis was pretty good and even a little generout to the bengals and ravens. i see the bengals and ravens splitting (which may help us). i see the chargers beating the bengals (cant stop the run or run on their d)

i think the afc north is wide open. if we can beat the ravens twice, the browns twice, and the bengals at home (which we typically do), it will be really difficult for any of them to win the crown with their current flaws and remaining schedule.

the steelers are in the drivers seat and still controll their own destiny. after this year im not to worried about homefield advantage or a bye week. just get in and be a top 4 seed!

steelergirlrocks
10-19-2006, 07:07 PM
We are the Champions!!! of the World!!!

shevdog
10-19-2006, 08:34 PM

We've done good in the domes. I believe we got a ring in a dome too.

augustashark
10-19-2006, 10:27 PM

Unreal!!!!!!!

You go from Steelermaniac to BigBensBikeHelmet to VICKtorious!!!!!!!!

What's next BUSHwacker? I mean when you get banned again and when it's Saints week is this the name you're going to come up with?:yawn:

steelcurtain09
10-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Unreal!!!!!!!

What's next BUSHwacker? I mean when you get banned again and when it's Saints week is this the name you're going to come up with?:yawn:

wow! im pretty observant and im surprised i dint sniff tht one out.

but, now tht u mention it u r right

Steel Pit
10-20-2006, 01:07 AM
i thought your synopsis was pretty good and even a little generout to the bengals and ravens. i see the bengals and ravens splitting (which may help us). i see the chargers beating the bengals (cant stop the run or run on their d)

i think the afc north is wide open. if we can beat the ravens twice, the browns twice, and the bengals at home (which we typically do), it will be really difficult for any of them to win the crown with their current flaws and remaining schedule.

the steelers are in the drivers seat and still controll their own destiny. after this year im not to worried about homefield advantage or a bye week. just get in and be a top 4 seed!

I have to agree with Tony. I think that you were a bit generous to the Bengals. They have a multitude of problems and I don't believe that they have the personnel to correct themselves. I see them at 9-7 or 8-8. They really do look bad. No defense, no running game, poor pass protection. It would be an outright crime if the Bengals win the North again. They'll just stand around in their black and orange Halloween colored uniforms waiting on us to drop the title in their candy bag. It won't happen again this year.

Baltimore? I've told myself all year that this team is overrated. Yeah they won some games but their schedule has been pretty soft with the exception of the Chargers. They're 4-2 and they fire their offensive coordinator. What's up with that? I think that at some point in the season they will lose 4 to 5 games in a row.

Cleveland, Who cares?

Nice post.

floodcitygirl
10-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Unreal!!!!!!!

What's next BUSHwacker? I mean when you get banned again and when it's Saints week is this the name you're going to come up with?:yawn::rofl:

HometownGal
10-20-2006, 06:34 AM
Unreal!!!!!!!

Wow augusta - he fooled me on this one - LOL! I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out a banned poster slipping in under the radar under an alias- good work Sherlock! :thumbsup: There's another one around here playing the same game. Why do people want to be somewhere they're not wanted? I actually feel sorry for people like this, as they must be pretty lonely people in "real life", as well as having some deep-rooted psychological issues. :pity:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Falcons suck

SteelersNationsfl
10-20-2006, 11:50 PM
I have to agree with Tony. I think that you were a bit generous to the Bengals. They have a multitude of problems and I don't believe that they have the personnel to correct themselves. I see them at 9-7 or 8-8. They really do look bad. No defense, no running game, poor pass protection. It would be an outright crime if the Bengals win the North again. They'll just stand around in their black and orange Halloween colored uniforms waiting on us to drop the title in their candy bag. It won't happen again this year.

Baltimore? I've told myself all year that this team is overrated. Yeah they won some games but their schedule has been pretty soft with the exception of the Chargers. They're 4-2 and they fire their offensive coordinator. What's up with that? I think that at some point in the season they will lose 4 to 5 games in a row.

Cleveland, Who cares?

Nice post.

Yeah I agree...

I don't think the Bengals will be taking the title this year. I think that will be up to the Steelers or Ravens. On the other hand I wonder too about why they would fire thier OC... Doesn't really make much sense to me to be changing up coaches. Probably something else going on other than just the game plan.

Pittsburgh has really got to keep it stepped up like last week and dominate.

Cincy and Baltimore are both two very good teams though and shouldn't be shrugged off either. They could also step it up mid to late season and make a run for it. Hopefully that will not be correct and we just win the most of the rest of our games. We can only afford to lose a couple more maybe 3 as I said before. I think Wild Card Spots will be slim pickins this year.

jaysta
10-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Unreal!!!!!!!

Good one mate! You're right on about this one. Now the big question...which one of these journeymen is our favorite banned poster from deep in the heart of Texas? I'm pretty certain that he's been here with us under a couple of different names. I have it narrowed down to two or three of these "new" posters, but I can't quite tell if he's one or all of them. Things that make you go hmmmm. :thumbsup:

ATL
10-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Falcons suck

and they have a better record than 2-3 :flipoff:

tony hipchest
10-21-2006, 12:22 AM
and they have a better record than 2-3 :flipoff:i think the steelers are 11-1-1 alltime against the falcons. dont mean much for this weekend, but still... niether does 2-3 or 3-2.

Stlrs4Life
10-21-2006, 09:26 AM

Huh? I expect my team to win every week?!