PDA

View Full Version : tiki barber confirms retirement at end of season

tony hipchest
10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
...as reported by espn.

i dont know if anyone has heard him and rondes show on sirius, "the barber shop" but it is great. tiki also has done work broadcasting a political show on sirius. he is definitely diversified and has a rich future beyond football. he is on pace to have the greatest season of a rb in their final year. he says the hope of winning it all isnt gonna force him to stick around too long. he is smart enough to realize he can be a successful person without a pice of jewelry defining him and his whole life. that in itself makes him a winner.

with the loss of tiki, i wonder if the addition of s. pioli, as president of the giants, will be enough to keep them in the running for future playoff and champion berths.

Btrice
10-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I like Tiki, he has a pretty good personality. He will definitely get picked up by one of the networks if he chooses to do so.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2006, 05:57 PM
I am a huge Tiki Barber fan,and I'll be sad to see him go.

memphissteelergirl
10-20-2006, 11:20 AM
I like Tiki, he has a pretty good personality. He will definitely get picked up by one of the networks if he chooses to do so.

I have always liked him, too. He is very articulate, seems to be very personable, and ooooh, that pretty smile! :love: I think he has a great future past football...either in the broadcast booth or anywhere else he chooses.

Jacknut
10-20-2006, 11:22 AM
He'll go on to do great things after leaving football.

floodcitygirl
10-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I have always liked him, too. He is very articulate, seems to be very personable, and ooooh, that pretty smile! :love: I think he has a great future past football...either in the broadcast booth or anywhere else he chooses.Definately agreeing on that smile! :thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
10-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Let me get this straight.....

Michael "Crack smoker" Irvin criticizes Barber for stating he may retire at the end of the season, but yet he praises and sticks up for T.O. every chance he get's. To this day I'm still trying to figure out how that bum has a job at ESPN.

Barber's response: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2639376

Jeremy
10-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Look, Irvin went to The U and played for the Cowboys. The man has no common sense whatsoever. He has his job at ESPN because ESPN stopped caring about being a "sports" network about two years ago. Right now ESPN is a sports/entertainment network.

Or even simpler ESPN is to sports journalism as WWE is to wrestling.

Big D
10-27-2006, 08:18 AM

Michael "Crack smoker" Irvin criticizes Barber for stating he may retire at the end of the season, but yet he praises and sticks up for T.O. every chance he get's. To this day I'm still trying to figure out how that bum has a job at ESPN.

you cant blame him for sticking up for his lover and boyfriend

Need4spd
10-27-2006, 11:36 AM

I have to say, this is extremely, extremely well said.

Need4spd
10-27-2006, 11:42 AM
If you haven't already, watch the piece HBO did on Tiki Barber for this week's Inside The NFL and you'll completely understand why a man like him has interests outside of football. I'm a big Tiki Barber fan, especially after watching that piece, and I believe the league will sorely miss having a player like him in it.

Best of luck Tiki! :thumbsup:

Stillers#1
10-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Good on Tiki, at least his teammates know, unlike the whole Ricky Williams incident. I don't think this would be a distraction within the team if the media didn't try to make it that way.

HometownGal
10-27-2006, 11:27 PM
I have always liked him, too. He is very articulate, seems to be very personable, and ooooh, that pretty smile! :love: I think he has a great future past football...either in the broadcast booth or anywhere else he chooses.

I've always loved the Barber twins - they're just adorable! Tiki is a class act on and off the field and seems like a very intelligent and well-versed guy. I watched his clips on MNF this past week and was distressed to hear him talking about retirement, but a person knows how much their bodies can take and he seems very comfortable with the prospect of calling his playing career quits. I'm going to miss his presence in the league deeply. and wish him the best of luck. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Tiki as an analyst or color commentator - he would definitely rock! Personally, I'd love to see him replace either KornDog or Theisman on MNF. :thumbsup:

jaysta
10-28-2006, 12:09 AM
I've always loved the Barber twins - they're just adorable! Tiki is a class act on and off the field and seems like a very intelligent and well-versed guy. I watched his clips on MNF this past week and was distressed to hear him talking about retirement, but a person knows how much their bodies can take and he seems very comfortable with the prospect of calling his playing career quits. I'm going to miss his presence in the league deeply. and wish him the best of luck. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Tiki as an analyst or color commentator - he would definitely rock! Personally, I'd love to see him replace either KornDog or Theisman on MNF. :thumbsup:

He would be a good fit in Esiason's spot. :thumbsup:

Elvis
10-29-2006, 11:54 AM
:tt02: :helmet: I for one hate to see Tiki go, he is a great player and person. And I agree that their mom is the key reason they turned out like they did...:tt02: