PDA

View Full Version : Randle El Punt return for TD

Carolina Steelers
10-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I sure miss him on ST. He always had that threat to take one back. With Holmes I hope he just catches it clean. Even though I think Holmes is a better Rec.

BigJen
10-22-2006, 05:29 PM
He's a weapon in my opinion. I couldn't believe it when he signed with the foreskins everybody on this board was saying he was no big loss!. Yeah right!. The guy is good!

MyCuz64Furness
10-22-2006, 05:31 PM
I just was watching that.....even though he would backwards sometimes I still miss him after todays game

Da Steeler Soprano
10-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I miss him very badly. If El was returning kicks we beat Cinncy and we beat ATL, and in first place in the division. Can someone please. please step up and be a punt returner. Holmes may be the man in a couple of years not his rookie year, neither should Reid be returning his rookie year. Retardo Chockley sure as hell is not the man. My vote is put Ward back there even if he just fair catches every punt at least he wont drop any.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2006, 06:15 PM
For the money he signed for he was not worth it ! do we miss him yeah but he is definitely replacable, we just don't have that replacement yet !!

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-22-2006, 06:18 PM
He's a weapon in my opinion. I couldn't believe it when he signed with the foreskins everybody on this board was saying he was no big loss!. Yeah right!. The guy is good!

So who are you?? I'm calliong you out, you just joined the board and you say you couldn't believe we were saying he's not a big loss on a off season signing?? If ya gonna be a troll, at least try to be a smart one!!

Lyn
10-22-2006, 06:19 PM
For the money he signed for he was not worth it ! do we miss him yeah but he is definitely replacable, we just don't have that replacement yet !!

I completely agree with you. :tt02:

Stillers43
10-22-2006, 06:34 PM
We miss him badly in the return game and trick plays, but as a pure WR we are better off. Hopefully, someone can step up and stop fumbling the ball around like its a hot potato. If we just learn to hold on to the ball, we would be at least 4 and 2 right now tied for first with Cincy w/ the tiebreaker.

GO STEELERS!

19ward86
10-22-2006, 06:38 PM
holmes is not supposed to be on punt return but willie reid is injured. i dont think he will be handling too many more punts once willie gets back.

Hines0wnz
10-23-2006, 12:07 PM
If I'm the Rooneys, I am weighing the money to keep Randle El and drafting a new LB and probably having a winning record this year. Or, letting him go and draft new WRs and let them dictate our losses and not have a chance at defending the SB Championship.

Hmmmmm....I dont hate the Rooneys for how they do business but this is a shining example of it biting the Steelers in the ass. I'm not giving up but it is really frustrating when you see a tough loss by the Black and Gold then watch highlights of Randle El having another big return for the Skins.

SteelerFanInCA
10-23-2006, 12:41 PM
We will soon forget about Randle El once Holmes gets his act together and starts to continually breaks big plays. In the meantime, anybody have any crazy glue or stick em?

Ambridge
10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Hmmmmm....I dont hate the Rooneys for how they do business but this is a shining example of it biting the Steelers in the ass. I'm not giving up but it is really frustrating when you see a tough loss by the Black and Gold then watch highlights of Randle El having another big return for the Skins.

Randle El's punt return was pretty much the only bright spot for the Redskins yesterday.
He'll have his occasional big kick return but it will be for a woeful Washington team where he'll be wasteing his talent.

More than likely he'll be added to the list of ex-Steelers who went elswhere for the big dollars and didn't end up having quite the same success as when the played in Pittsburgh.

Jacknut
10-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Exactly... you don't pay #1 receiver money in the Burgh to someone not named Hines Ward.

Paul Pyrch
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM
I said last year that the Steelers should have kept Randle El and I got hammered by others saying that this was no loss and that we really didn't need him. Right! At least he was a threat to take it all the way and could catch the ball unlike our present returners!

Prosdo
10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
I always liked El and I do miss him, but he wasn't worth what he wanted.

Paul Pyrch
10-23-2006, 02:44 PM
I guess we can agree to disagree. When someone can first of all, catch the ball and secondly, run it back for decent yardage, then maybe we will be able to say that Randle El was not worth the money and we don't miss him or really need him.

BigJen
10-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Randle El was a playmaker when given the opportunity. A veteran who is dangerous in so many ways, including trick plays!. Holmes needs to stop dancing and celebrating after making a routine catch because when he fumbles or drops one he looks like a damn dumb rookie!

Hines0wnz
10-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I guess we can agree to disagree. When someone can first of all, catch the ball and secondly, run it back for decent yardage, then maybe we will be able to say that Randle El was not worth the money and we don't miss him or really need him.

Well stated. :smile:

Haiku_Dirtt
10-24-2006, 01:44 PM

And what is the Redskins record? No one said ARE was a bad player. Many of us did say that $4-5 million per year with a FAT signing bonus was not worth it for a guy who can't win football games without a lot of help.

He'll have about 10 outstanding plays this year. At $500,000 (half a million) per outstanding play...no thanks.

vasteeler
10-24-2006, 01:55 PM
although he has the ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball
i seem to remember a lot of bone headed plays on his part as well

stillers4me
10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Randle El was a playmaker when given the opportunity. A veteran who is dangerous in so many ways, including trick plays!. Holmes needs to stop dancing and celebrating after making a routine catch because when he fumbles or drops one he looks like a damn dumb rookie!

At least he's bonding with the other players well................:wink02:

stlrtruck
10-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Why the heck are we so involved with a player who no longer plays for us? He's gone, yes he's missed but it's like waiting at the door for a dog who isn't coming home - useless. Let's move on and accept who we have on the team. ARE had a chance to be a Steeler but he opted for the greenback and not the back-2-back!

Elvis
10-24-2006, 04:37 PM
:yawn: Randel El is No Longer A Steeler is he? Ok... then... let it go and Holmes or someone has got to hold on to the stupid ball... Turn overs are killin me.... and most importantly our team..:jawdrop: :helmet: